CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

This is the one weekly wrestling show I look forward too. Just noticing now how you post shows on Sundays and in game your show is held on a Sunday, great attention to detail.

Enjoyed the start of the show with a recap of how Jack originally won the World Title from Tyler. Adds a layer of backstory to why Tyler has his eyes firmly set to Jack as the sole DeColt he wants now. I could see a heel turn for Jack occurring too. Alex standing up to Dan DaLay right off the bat after last weeks pep talk, he failed but atleast he didn't run away anymore. I was hoping he would get some offense in following the pep talk. But I'm guessing that moment is being saved either for Wrestle Festival or right before it.

I am very curious who the team Sloan will pick is. This lower card feud has been going well between he and Wheels. Glad that he needs to even the odds by getting heavier guys instead of the more modern thing of him just taking guys down who are almost three times his size.

McClean getting the win here was a good call, Lamb is the secondary character to Black Sheep. A Barnyard Match is an interesting proposition, wonder what the rules of this contest will be,

Steve had a more heel vibe to him during his promo tonight. More than usual anyway. When he said "I beat Jack before, I'll do it again", and then it going to the video of how Steve won the strap originally off Jack in a 5-way. To me came off as him bragging he beat him, yet he didn't do the work to get the job done.

Chandler & Maverick as team going against Soldiers was done super well. I was expecting atleast one of them to join the class of 97. Now the Soldiers have opponents possibly for Wrestle Festival, with some heat coming off this angle off the bat. Thinking next week will be a non-finish, possibly with Chandler & Maverick about to win and getting cost the match by Tyler or DaLay.

I chuckled when Jack said "that mean Mr. Tyler" sounds like he's talking about a neighbor who always complains. There seems to be alot of emphasis put on being a DeColt. When Jack finishes his promo he says "be the best DeColt I can be." Instead of man or wrestler or athlete. This insinuates to me that being a DeColt is the most important thing to him or it's cemented in his head that it should be. This could also add to why Steve is as cocky as he is, he thinks just by being a DeColt he is great.

Steve not caring that the turnbuckle was exposed was screaming to me heel. Jack comes off as the wronged babyface, while Steve seemed to showing off more of a heel persona. Perhaps this will be used to cause some tension between the brothers. I could totally see Jack turning on Steve to let Tyler win the strap.

As always loved the graphics from the opening to the final spelling out the card for Wrestle Festival so far. Missed out on the House Shows and Frenchie's Five though.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:07 PM, DAVEFAN95 said:

Oh god. I hope my comments aren't making more work for you. 

It was a good change that made the show a lot better. Thinking about Jack and Steve's recent history helped me get a handle on them and the direction I want them to go.

On 3/10/2024 at 4:03 PM, Temes1066 said:

You know, I never understood why people who played CV97 want to stick to canon, it not like any of the company will so why should you.

Form me there's a bit of ego there. Hubris. The idea that I think I'm writing the 'real' version of events; more than just fan fiction. Which is nonsense.

I also like it as a writing challenge. If I can do 'anything' then my mind tends to go blank. There's too many options. But with a few things like employments histories and title histories to act a guide, I can have fun focusing on the 'how' and not the 'what'. Choosing the new World Champion has never been a part of the part I've particularly enjoyed or cared about. I like filling in the gaps around that big picture stuff.

On 3/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

This is the one weekly wrestling show I look forward too. Just noticing now how you post shows on Sundays and in game your show is held on a Sunday, great attention to detail.

As always loved the graphics from the opening to the final spelling out the card for Wrestle Festival so far. Missed out on the House Shows and Frenchie's Five though.

The House Show segment and Frenchie's Five were straight up replaced by the flashbacks. Although this show was pretty stuffed as it was. I would have more than likely had to cut Frenchie's Five due to lack of available minutes, even without the rewrites.

I do love posting on Sundays. I'd hate to run a promotion that runs on weekdays.

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last week Eddie Chandler and Johnny Maverick turned down the School of Tradition. Tonight, retribution comes in the form of the Solders of Fortune... but with the Tag Team Titles on the line could this be an opportunity of a lifetime for these young rivals? We'll find out in our main event, but first, WrestleFestival is only a week away, and the CGC Matchmaking Committee have assembled to put the finishing touches on the line up."

image.jpeg

IN-RING

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The five members of the CGC Matchmaking Committee each stand at voting podiums set up in the ring. WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS checks that their buttons are properly hooked up to the lights (Green light means Yes, Red means No). FRENCHIE MARCEL chats to the representative from Alberta On Air, BUCK HINKLEY, and BCB, JAMES SANDWICH. GEORGE DECOLT waves to the fans, microphone in hand.

GEORGE DECOLT
WrestleFestival is nearly upon us. We know the main event will be my
 boy Steve DeColt defending his CGC World Title against Eric Tyler, but what
 we don't know are the terms. The Committee are ready to vote. Let's
 bring out the fighters. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT struts his stuff to the ring accompanied by GAIL, 22, Trainee Accountant. He shakes hands with each member of the Committee and sits, putting his feet on the desk. His father glares at him. Steve takes his feet off the desk, and instead lets Gail sit on his lap. George DeColt approves. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The School Bell rings, but it's not Eric Tyler walking to the ring. It's the Soldiers of Forune; CHANCE and FATE.

FATE
Tyler won't be making it tonight. He don't feel safe around Stevie boy,
 here. Not after what he did to his poor widdle brother last week. So 
we'll be negotiatin' on his behalf. 

STEVE DECOLT
What I did? Eric Tyler's the one who removed the turnbuckle pad! 

FATE
You can't prove that.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
The Committee is ready to vote. Gentlemen, propose your terms.

Chance pulls out a piece of paper and a pair of reading glasses.

CHANCE (reading)
"Dear Diss-Ting-Gwished members of the Committee. My victory 
at WrestleFestival will be a turning point for this great sport. A turn
 from de-gen-er-acy. Towards tradtion. Such a noble victory should
 be fought nobbly... nobley, under the traditional rules of wrestling
 as outlined by the 1945 Book of... blah de blah de something. Eleven 
5-minute rounds. No closed fists. No climbing the ropes or turnbuckles.
 Showboating punishable by immediate disqualiication and 
flogging in the-"

The Committee Votes. Five red lights. 0-5. The suggested stipulation fails. 

STEVE DECOLT
How about a Reverse Detention match? We dress Tyler up in a school 
uniform and everyone who has refused to join his stupid school can
 take it in turns to spank him with a ruler. 

The Committee Votes. 1 green light. 4 red lights. The stipulation fails. The representative from Alberta On Air looks disappointed.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Serious suggestions only, please.

STEVE DECOLT
Sure thing. Because there's only one thing I want, and that's to
 not have to look at these two ugly faces while I'm beating Eric 
Tyler all over WrestleFestival. I want Chance, Fate, and Dan DaLay 
banned from ringside. Scratch that. I want them locked up. Put 
them in the Ferris wheel. Raise them high up in the air where they 
can't save their meal ticket. 

The Committee Votes. 5-0. The stipulation passes. Chance doesn't like it. Fate REALLY doesn't like it. 

FATE
No way! If I gotta be in a ferris wheel so do they! His brothers...
 and all these crooked suits! 

The Committee Votes. 3-2. The stipulation passes. George doesn't look happy about that. 

GEORGE DECOLT
As much as I was hoping to have a front row seat at my own 
WrestleFestival, I suppose that's only fair. 

CHANCE
Damn right it's fair. Tyler don't trust you, and he don't trust your
 referees neither. Steve DeColt's a cheater and they ain't caught
 him once. So Tyler wants a special guest referee. The only person
 he trusts. Jack DeColt. 

Steve laughs. George laughs. Whipper looks concerned but the rest of the Committee quickly votes. 3-2 The Stipulation passes. 

STEVE DECOLT
Remind me never to hire you guys to negotiate for me.
Just when I thought Eric Tyler couldn't get any dumber, he
puts himself into a match with two DeColts at once. 
At WrestleFestival Eric Tyler's going to be on
the receiving end of a lesson he'll never forget.

image.jpeg

/w Roger Rogers NELSON BLAIS VS ED MONTON
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

Jerome Turner "Roger Rogers wants Monton hurt going into WrestleFestival, so he's enlisted the help of this Air Force veteran."

Double tough Monton throws hands with the best of them, but his Flying Double Axe Handle gets intercepted with a dropkick in mid air. Blais delivers a military grade beatdown. He salutes the flag, but no one's more patriotic than Monton! Side Canadian Legsweep! Bridging Canadian Suplex! He thanks Blais for his service, and hits a Fallaway Slam for the pin.

ED MONTON WINS (5:59)

image.jpeg

JON JETSON slides into the ring, wrapping a chain around his fist, but Monton stops him with a kick, steals the chain and- Jetson runs away as fast as he can.

Jerome Turner "The Canadian Enforcers collide at WrestleFestival. Next week!"

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last week Jack DeColt lost his CGC World Title match when he collided with an exposed turnbuckle... but who exposed it? Let's review the footage."

FLASHBACK: TITLE BOUT WRESTLING
LAST WEEK
 image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hard Camera: Steve DeColt and Eric Tyler argue at the ringpost, but Steve's back is to the camera, blocking our view of their hands. Jack charges. Steve moves. Jack collides with the exposed turnbuckle. It's unclear who did it.

Rewind! New angle! A floor camera, shooting up from behind Eric Tyler. Again, the hands arn't visible. Tyler's in the way. The turnbuckle is covered before they start arguing, and exposed when Jack runs into it. Inconclusive! 

Jerome Turner "Jack DeColt is fine, and staying home tonight merely as a precaution. Both men claim to be innocent. Both men have reportedly visited Jack to make sure the Teen Titan is okay. Could this be a factor in their match at WrestleFestival, with Jack as the special guest referee?"

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Just a couple more stops before WrestleFestival. Last night a Runaway Train came through Kelowna."

BARRY BOWEN drives TED MOORE into the mat with a Powerbomb! 1... 2... 3.

BARRY BOWEN
You ready for this, Howling Dog??? WrestleFestival! I'm gonna 
run you down! 

John McClean protests at ringside with a sign saying "Think of the Children". BLACK SHEEP throws DIRTY FRANK out of the ring on top of him. McClean gets crushed as Frank gets counted out.

image.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT'S OFFICE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN interrupts GEORGE DECOLT as he looks over blueprints for the WrestleFestival fair grounds. 

JOHN McCLEAN
Mr DeColt, I must protest. While I am honoured to be part of your
 illustrious WrestleFestival... must it be in a "Barnyard Bash"? It 
just seems so... messy. How about we make it a Sparkling White 
match. Crisp white canvas. Brand new white ropes. Doesn't that just 
sound magical?. 

GEORGE DECOLT
You know something, John... it does. It like it. No, I think I love it....
 If only the Committee hadn't already voted. Plus we've already 
paid for the Barnyard. Those things aren't cheap. What with the hay
 and the straw and the pigs-

JOHN McCLEAN
Pigs?

GEORGE DECOLT
Oh yeah. Gotta have pigs. And lambs, and goats. All sort of animals.
 If we're doing this we're gonna do it right. A real barnyard petting zoo
 for all the family to enjoy all weekend long. Now, apparently some of
 the animals don't travel too well, so there's gonna be some issues
 with... but we'll push most of that to the side during the match.

JOHN McCLEAN
"Most of it"?

GEORGE DECOLT
It'll be fine. See you at WrestleFestival! 

image.jpeg

BIFF THE BRUISER VS MOOSE MULDER

Jerome Turner "These two big, meaty man-mountains have developed quite the rivalry on CGC Live events all over Alberta and British Columbia."

Punch! Punch! Jab! Haymaker! Biff batters, bludgeons and bruises. Moose manhandles, muscles and mauls! Pummel! Thump! Wallop! Left Hook! Right Hook! Uppercut! Hammer Fist! Hammer Fist! Hammer Fist! Hammer Fist! Biff spits in his opponent's face, but Moose ducks the Lariat, responds in kind, and- Moose Punch! 1... 2... 3!

MOOSE MULDER WINS (7:34)

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

JULIE FORLETTA interviews EDDIE CHANDLER and HOLLYWOOD JOHNNY MAVERICK, who don't look particularly happy to be around each other. 

JULIE FORELTTA
Last week you were enemies, but tonight you'll team up to challenge
for the tag team-

EDDIE CHANDLER
Je ne t’aime pas et tu ne m’aimes pas, mais nous avons une
 grande opportunité ce soir, donc nous devons travailler ensemble.

HOLLYWOOD JOHNNY MAVERICK
I don't know what you just said, but we have a great opportunity
tonight. Follow my lead, and don't forget who the star is. 

image.jpeg

OFFICIAL CGC WEIGH-IN STATION

image.jpeg   image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg   image.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS stands beside a massive set of weighing scales, designed for weighing cattle. On one side, HELEN WHEELS is flanked by the humongous LAND MASS and MAMMOTH. On the other side, JAKE SLOAN stands all alone.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Welcome to the official weigh in for the special invitational 900lb tag
 team match, next week at WrestleFestival. As per the agreement,
 each team must weigh no more than 900lbs. Ms Wheels, your team
 may go first. 

Helen Wheels smirks as Land Mass and Mammoth lumber onto the scales. 898lbs.

HELEN WHEELS
Feast your eyes. Where's your team, pipsqueek?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

CANADIAN DRAGON and CONDOR enter and climb onto the scales. 362lbs. Helen Wheels bursts out laughing. 

JAKE SLOAN
Hold onto your socks there, missy. I'm not done. 

image.jpeg

MARIO HEROIC joins Dragon & Condor on the scales. 549lbs

HELEN WHEELS
Hey! You can't do that!

JAKE SLOAN
Sure I can. The deal was I find a team that weighed 900lbs. 
You didn't say anything about that team only having two
 people. 

image.jpeg

TEMPEST APPLEBY joins the scales. 726lbs

HELEN WHEELS
I don't even know who that is!!!

Taking off his colourful suit to reveal the tights underneath, JAKE SLOAN joins his team. 892lbs.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Close enough. The scales are balanced and the match is official! 
See you all at WrestleFestival.

The cruiserweights leave celebrating, as Helen Wheels looks like she's going to explode.

image.jpeg

FRENCHIE'S FIVE

image.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Tonight is a battle between rookies and veterans, especially ze Chance, 
but who are ze most experienced fighters on ze CGC roster?

image.png

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Ze Flash and ze Psycho have a lot of matches under their belts... 
but no match for WrestleFestival? C’est ridicule! Zey should 
fight each other! Steve Flash versus Rocky Psycho. Only at
WrestleFestival!

image.jpeg

CGC TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
  image.pngimage.png
EDDIE CHANDLER & JOHNNY MAVERICK
SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE
Chance & Fate

Jerome Turner "Chandler & Maverick turned down the School of Tradition, and now Eric Tyler's goons are being paid to make them regret it."

Not trusting each other, Eddie and Maverick compete to see who can go it alone, but neither makes much headway against the cohesive destruction of the Soldiers of Fortune. Maverick can't lock in a submission without being blindsided. Eddie's plucky, but Chance brings him behind enemy lines where he suffers a brutal Fate. The Soldiers do exactly what they've been paid to do, punishing the youngster, and repeatedly knocking Maverick off of the apron to prevent the tag.

Frustrated, Maverick considers leaving... but has left his sunglasses in the ring. Fate steps on them. Now Johnny's mad, back on the apron, ducking a cheap shot and finally receiving the tag! clothesline. clothesline. clothesline. clothesline. He twists Fate into a Figure Four, but Chance crushes him with a Senton! Here comes Eddie! The two youngsters finally start working together. Clotheslines! Dropkicks! Neck Crank to Fate! Abdominal Stretch to Chance! Eddie and Johnny compete over who can make their Soldier tap first, but Chance hiptosses Eddie onto Johnny. Spinebuster/Senton Combo! 1... 2... 3!

SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE RETAIN (10:35)

Looks like the Soldiers have been paid overtime. They get ready to continue the assault on Chandler, but Maverick pulls his partner out of the ring and the two escape without further harm. 

Jerome Turner "A valiant effort from the two youngsters, but not enough to overcome the Champions. Next week the Title Bouts continue. Just enough time to check in with Julie Forletta to see what we have in store."

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ALEX DECOLT.

JULIA FORLETTA
The Title Bout won't stop just because it's WrestleFestival. Next
 week, the CGC Television Title is on the line as Alex DeColt 
challenges his old bully; Dan DaLay.

ALEX DECOLT
Last week I did something I've never done before; I took a swing 
at Dan DaLay. It may have ended with me getting beat into the 
ground, but I'm calling that a win. Because if I can do it once, I
 can do it again. And again and again. And as many times as it
 takes to leave WrestleFestival with my head held high and the 
CGC Television Title around my waist. But I'm going to need all 
the help I can get. I know I've let everyone down. I know I haven't 
been the hero people want me to be. But if you've ever had a 
bully. If you've every had someone make you feel  small, I hope
 you can find it in your heart to help me next Sunday. I'm going to
 WrestleFestival, and I hope you'll all be there with me. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg

• Discussion of Terms   63
  • NELSON BLAIS VS ED MONTON   58
  • Jon Jetson Attacks   35
  • Highlights From Kelowna   46
  • John McClean Complains   70
  • BIFF THE BRUISER VS MOOSE MULDER    34
  • Eddie & Johnny Promo   29
  • 900lb Weigh In      48
  • Frenchie's Five: Experience   40
  • EDDIE & JOHNNY VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE   50
  • Alex DeColt Promo   67
  • FINAL SHOW RATING   59

Despite what the pictures say, I won't be posting WrestleFestival next Sunday. Not the proper show anyway. Next week I'll be posting the one hour episode of Title Bout Wrestling that precedes WrestleFestival. Kind of a pre-show, but also kind of the first hour of the larger event, headlined by one of the marquee matches. 

WrestleFestival itself will then be posted on the 31st March. Gives me more time to write, and means I post on the final day in March, accurate to the C-Verse calendar. 

You figured out my twists! I am both furious and delighted. DAVEFAN95 instantly guessed the special guest referee stipulation, and then Charasmatic Enigma nailed his hunch regarding Jake Sloan's team. Although I could only fit 5 on the scales. Not too many 150lbers in 1997. 

I've had some strong shows recently, and this was a step down. I was a little worried about the main event, with unproven rookies and a babyface Hollywood Johnny as headliners, but it did its job. For the longest time, this episode was blank on my spreadsheet. I loved that at first. "Infinite possibilities". "I can have some fun with this". I was a fool, and ended up moving some of the WrestleFestival card here just so I had 'something' on the show. My brain can set up matches, but it's not so good at heating them up afterwards. In old projects half the card would be formally announced on the go home show, but here I'm trying to announce things sooner, and it doesn't leave me with many ideas for the final week. 

Someone asked "Who is Nelson Blais?". Mr MOTN is who Nelson Blais is. I hired him to be an underneath veteran to work with the kids on live events, but he's exceeded expectations, and the match with Monton was the easiest thing to write in weeks. So I put it on TV. He's never going to be a main event guys (small, can't talk) but is proving useful enough that I'm hiring his tag partner (Brys Turcotte) to put them on WrestleFestival. 

image.jpeg

Next week, WrestleFestival begins with a special one hour episode of Title Bout Wrestling, live from the fairgrounds in Red Deer, Alberta. 

CGC Television Title Match: Alex DeColt vs Dan DaLay
Royal Canadian Air Force (Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte) vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick
Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb

Edited by Self
Correction
  • Like 4

Alex doesn't need the TV belt
Royal Canadian Air Force (Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte) vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick

I bet the RCAF will give a good account of themselves in this match, even if tey will lose. 

Franks a jobber

Nice to see RCAF get a shot at the "big time". I usually gloss over them in my private CGC games as I find G-Force (Michel LeHaste & Fabian Fournier) or The Edmonton Outlaws (Tavare Loring & Vigilante Hawk) to be more fitting for the product. 

I know you mentioned Face Hollywood Johnny as a crutch in the main event, but the dynamic between himself and Eddie is pretty fun. I like that they compete. I like they are trying to prove themselves against each other. It's like in the end, they'll bring the best out of each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Self said:

image.jpeg

• Discussion of Terms   63
  • NELSON BLAIS VS ED MONTON   58
  • Jon Jetson Attacks   35
  • Highlights From Kelowna   46
  • John McClean Complains   70
  • BIFF THE BRUISER VS MOOSE MULDER    34
  • Eddie & Johnny Promo   29
  • 900lb Weigh In      48
  • Frenchie's Five: Experience   40
  • EDDIE & JOHNNY VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE   50
  • Alex DeColt Promo   67
  • FINAL SHOW RATING   59

Despite what the pictures say, I won't be posting WrestleFestival next Sunday. Not the proper show anyway. Next week I'll be posting the one hour episode of Title Bout Wrestling that precedes WrestleFestival. Kind of a pre-show, but also kind of the first hour of the larger event, headlined by one of the marquee matches. 

WrestleFestival itself will then be posted on the 31st March. Gives me more time to write, and means I post on the final day in March, accurate to the C-Verse calendar. 

You figured out my twists! I am both furious and delighted. DAVEFAN95 instantly guessed the special guest referee stipulation, and then Charasmatic Enigma nailed his hunch regarding Jake Sloan's team. Although I could only fit 5 on the scales. Not too many 150lbers in 1997. 

I've had some strong shows recently, and this was a step down. I was a little worried about the main event, with unproven rookies and a babyface Hollywood Johnny as headliners, but it did its job. For the longest time, this episode was blank on my spreadsheet. I loved that at first. "Infinite possibilities". "I can have some fun with this". I was a fool, and ended up moving some of the WrestleFestival card here just so I had 'something' on the show. My brain can set up matches, but it's not so good at heating them up afterwards. In old projects half the card would be formally announced on the go home show, but here I'm trying to announce things sooner, and it doesn't leave me with many ideas for the final week. 

Someone asked "Who is Nelson Blais?". Mr MOTN is who Nelson Blais is. I hired him to be an underneath veteran to work with the kids on live events, but he's exceeded expectations, and the match with Monton was the easiest thing to write in weeks. So I put it on TV. He's never going to be a main event guys (small, can't talk) but is proving useful enough that I'm hiring his tag partner (Brys Turcotte) to put them on WrestleFestival. 

image.jpeg

Next week, WrestleFestival begins with a special one hour episode of Title Bout Wrestling, live from the fairgrounds in Red Deer, Alberta. 

CGC Television Title Match: Alex DeColt vs Dan DaLay - Hmmm, this could go either way and Alex is far more talented but I think there's legs left in this storyline beyond this match
Royal Canadian Air Force (Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte) vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick - Reward for MOTN and gives Chandler and Maverick more bonding time
Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb - Frank stinks 

Just got caught up on this, from the storylines to the matches to the characters, all superbly written 

DaLay to pick up the win here, setting up Alex to finally overcome his bully on the biggest stage

CGC Television Title Match: Alex DeColt
Royal Canadian Air Force (Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte)
Dirty Frank

Loved in the featured graphic how Maverick had his thumb down and Chandler had his thumb up. Made me chuckle. It’s as if though they yin and yang.

The opening segment was a super creative way to go about the stipulation negotiation. The lights were perfect they were instant gratification instead of having to go down the line with each man saying yay or nay. The Ferris Wheel stip is a nice change from the shark cage usually used in this case. Using the environment to get the same result. I laughed at the Alberta on Air rep being sad about Tyler not getting spanked. Jack DeColt being the ref adds the layer of what’s he gonna do. Will he join Tyler, will he screw George, will he call it fair and George loses fairly, I have no idea what to expect and I’m amped! Added note, I liked what Chance and Fate were spelling out first for the stipulation, would be interested to see Tyler use that sort of match in the future somehow.

I bet McClean appreciated getting Dirty Frank splatted on him in Kelowna. I know I appreciated the count out finish.

Moose Mulder is getting some shine, could see him continue moving up with his good performances.

That Sloan reveal was lovely. I did not expect it to turn into a handicap match, but hey let's see if the Cruiserweights have what it takes together to topple Helen’s two-ton team.

Frenchie’s Five returns and is used to set up Flash and Psycho. Psycho just debuting recently makes me think he’ll come away victorious. But Flash coming off his loss against Bowen makes me think he will. My guess is DQ win for Flash possibly leading to a broader feud.

Fun main event tonight. After the glasses break spot I was putting money on Maverick and Chandler, but it’s too soon for them to win, even if I wanted them too beat those nasty soldiers. I was popping for their teamwork in the closing moments, but their competitive spirit with one another led to their downfall.

Predictions:

Alex wins by DQ or Count Out after DaLay lets his temper get the better of him due to Alex fighting back so much.

Chandler and Maverick are my new favorite team! Yin & Yang to one another.

Dirty Franks a nice jobber.

CGC Television Title Match: Alex DeColt vs Dan DaLay

- I think Alex is only at step one of his redemption; he will achieve a huge milestone here by actually fighting back and not being bullied ...BUT DaLay is still his great rival that is renting space in his head. It takes a longer time to get over that hump when the challenge is both as physically and emotionally imposing.

Royal Canadian Air Force (Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte) vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick

- These boys are on the up. With Maverick saving Chandler from the post match beatdown, I think that's a major turning point in them trusting each other and a big boost for their chemistry.

Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb

- Just going for the fun babyface on this one.

As previous people have said, the previous shows developments and plot points were so much fun! Especially the Jack DeColt special ref stipulation (very intriguing indeed) and the Ferris Wheel trapping members from each side - I'm looking forward to your portrayal of what's happening up there as much as the match itself. And Sloan exploiting a loophole and getting the cruisers to stand together against two giant blobs is a ton of fun *seinfeld bass*

On 3/17/2024 at 12:03 PM, DAVEFAN95 said:

Nice to see RCAF get a shot at the "big time". I usually gloss over them in my private CGC games as I find G-Force (Michel LeHaste & Fabian Fournier) or The Edmonton Outlaws (Tavare Loring & Vigilante Hawk) to be more fitting for the product. 

I'm a fan of all of those teams. If I had the budget and the TV time and the writing time I'd hire all of them. In my private games they all come in eventually. G-Force are maybe too much of a project for right now, and I have several blonde, muscular babyfaces already, not to mention other babyface teams. I have ideas for the Edmonton Outlaws, but not the TV time to execute. I would have to make room in my spreadsheets and scripts to feature them, whereas RCAF fit into the blank spaces that already exist. The fact that they don't scream 'stars' is a feature, not a bug. It turns them into valuable and versatile utility players in my eyes. When my stars are jacked up muscle men and scary monsters, you need some bland workhorses to act as a foundation. Experience. Performance skills. Small enough to actually bump for their opponents. Love it. 

Plus Nelson Blais lives fairly close by. Everyone else is in eastern Canada. You would be stunned how often travel can make or break careers when I'm put in charge. 

• Like 1

image.jpeg

IN-RING

image.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT
When I bought this land on in 1986 everyone thought I was crazy, 
but I had a dream; a magical festival of fun and games, to give 
something back to all of the people who cheered me on during 
my time in the ring. Whipper thought it was impossible, but every
 year it's been a success, and it's all thanks to you. Every year we've
 added more rides. More games. Music. Comedy. And in 1991 we
 went from Festival to WrestleFestival with the birth of CGC.

My boys have been with me every step of the way. Steve and Alex
 and Jack and Ricky. Each one of them were here in 1986, and each
 one of them are here tonight. Only this time Alex isn't taking tickets, 
he's fighting in the ring for the CGC Television Title. And Steve isn't
 working the popcorn stand, he'll be battling it out in tonight's main 
event. My boys have become men, and this year the George DeColt
 WrestleFestival has truly become the DeColt WrestleFestival. 

3,359 of you have made the trip out to Red Deer this year. It's our 
biggest WrestleFestival crowd ever, and the best is yet to come. This
 is Red Deer, Alberta! This is WrestleFestival! This is DECOLT COUNTRY!

image.jpeg

DIRTY FRANK VS BATTERING LAMB

Jerome Turner "Welcome to WrestleFestival. Let the combat begin!"

Clothes peg on his nose, Battering Lamb battering rams his stinky opponent with shoulder tackles, until Frank steals the clothes peg and puts it in his tights. Frank assaults all five senses. Hits hard. Smells bad. Looks bad. He verbally berates his fluffy opponent and tries to put the clothes peg into Lamb's mouth... but Lamb resists! Mutton Chops! Big Leg of Lamb! Slow Roast (Torture Rack)! Frank taps!

BATTERING LAMB WINS (6:25)

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "The WrestleFestival has been rocking all weekend. Here's some of what you missed."

image.jpeg
ED MONTON hasn't even made it out of the parking lot, surrounded by kids begging for autographs.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
Reluctantly tied together, EDDIE CHANDLER and JOHNNY MAVERICK compete in a three-legged-race, struggling to find a rhythm while racing against fans.

MARIO HEROIC, TEMPEST APPLEBY and CANADIAN DRAGON queue up for the carnival thrill ride; The Whipper-Snapper. Unfortunately, you have to be over a certain height to ride. Dragon and Heroic leave disappointed.

image.jpeg

WRESTLEFESTIVAL ARCADE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

A crowd has gathered to watch BIFF THE BRUISER and MOOSE MULDER compete at a Punching Machine. Biff punches so hard he gets the high score. Moose punches so hard he breaks the machine. The crowd cheer on the mighty Moose Punch!

image.jpeg

BARNYARD

image.jpegimage.jpeg               image.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA tries to interview JACK DECOLT as he holds a ladder for a crew member fixing a light. Behind them, BLACK SHEEP wanders around the barnyard set, hiding knives and broken bottles for later. Referee Andy Gordy follows him, confiscating the illegal items. 

JULIA FORLETTA
Jack, last week you were named as Special Guest referee for tonight's
World Title match. Your thoughts?

JACK DECOLT
Well, it's not what I hoped I'd be doing at WrestleFestival, but if 
the Committee voted for it, I guess I'm gonna try to be the best
 referee I can be. 

image.jpeg

ERIC TYLER tiptoes through the mud, trying to hide his disgust at literally everything he sees. 

ERIC TYLER
I'm sure you will be, Jack. That's exactly why I recommended you in 
the first place. I don't trust these CGC referees one bit. Francis Long
 has proven incapable of keeping Steve DeColt under control. He used 
an exposed turnbuckle to beat me, and he did the same to you.

JACK DECOLT
Steve didn't...

ERIC TYLER
Who else could it have been? It certainly wasn't me. I was 
cheering you on, Jack. As a sportsman, I want to compete against the 
best of the best. I would have much preferred to be taking you on
 tonight in honorable combat. But alas, thanks to your brother's
 cheating I'll have to settle for you watching my back instead.

JACK DECOLT
I'm not going to help you win, Mr. Tyler.

ERIC TYLER
Of course not. I would never ask you to do something as
 disgraceful as that. You'll call it right down the middle,
 I'm sure. In fact, I'm counting on it. 

image.jpeg

Nelson Blais & Brys Turcotte
ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE
EDDIE CHANDLER & JOHNNY MAVERICK

Jerome Turner "Chandler and Maverick came shockingly close to winning the Tag Team Titles in their first match together. How will they handle this experienced team of veterans?"

Eddie and Johnny are eager to work together, but they're not on the same page. Eddie only speaks French while Johnny can't help but try to hog the spotlight, and suffers a military grade beatdown from the veterans as a result. Despite a spirited flurry of forearms and a fabulous dropkick from Chandler, he accidentally knocks his own partner off the apron, and his flying crossbody is intercepted by an Anti-Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent) from Blais! 1. 2. 3.

ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE WIN (10:14)

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Not everyone is enjoying the WrestleFestival festivities. Let's see what CGC's party poopers have been up to."

image.jpegimage.jpeg
JON JETSON wheels ROGERS ROGERS through the parking lot, as Rogers fends off young autograph hunters with a pointy stick.

image.jpeg
A furious HELEN WHEELS struggles to walk through the mud and grass on her roller skates.

image.jpeg 
All smiles, ROCKY PSYCHO throws a ball at the Coconut Shy. He misses. Everyone freezes, terrified at what his reaction will be, until the carnival worker jostles the stand. The coconut falls, and he quickly hands Rocky a gigantic stuffed animal.

image.jpeg

ANVIL TOSS

image.jpegimage.jpeg

BIFF THE BRUISER and MOOSE MULDER compete at who can throw anvils the furthest at the WrestleFestival Competition Grounds. Moose throws his anvil far, but Biff throws his farther, screaming and swearing as he puts in maximum effort. He celebrates boorishly to the crowd's dismay.

BIFF THE BRUISER
I win! You lose, you loser!

MOOSE MULDER
We're one-for-one, tough guy. How about we settle this once and
 for all? You thinking what I'm thinking?

BIFF THE BRUISER
Pie Eating Contest?

MOOSE MULDER
Pie Eating Contest!

image.jpeg

DECOLT LOCKER ROOM

image.jpegimage.jpeg   image.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ALEX DECOLT. JACK DECOLT sits on the floor, wearing a Referee shirt, reading a Big Book of Wrestling Rules.

JULIE FORLETTA
Alex, you are moments away from facing your childhood rival
 for the CGC Television Title. Are you ready?

ALEX DECOLT
We're about to find out. I've been afraid of Dan DaLay for so long
 I can't even remember a time when he didn't haunt my nightmares.
 It's time to wake up. It's time to grow up. It's time to pay back the 
fans for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself.

Jack puts his book in front of Alex's face, pointing to a word. 

ALEX DECOLT
"Impartial" It means you can't pick favourites.

image.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT
Well I'm picking favourites right now. DeColt WrestleFestival is
 DeColt County and I'm predicting a DeColt Clean Sweep tonight. 
First Alex is going to get some sweet, sweet payback. Then me and
 Jack are going to teach Eric Tyler a few lessons of our own. He made
 the mistake of a lifetime putting himself in the ring with two DeColts.

JACK DECOLT
Hey! I'm not going to help you. I gotta be imp- im-... This word. 

STEVE DECOLT
I'm not saying you 'help me'... but maybe you look the other way
 long enough for me to jam a thumb into his eye? Revenge for all of
 the dirty tricks he's pulled over the years.

Jack glares.

STEVE DECOLT
I'm joking... Mostly.

JACK DECOLT
I'm not going to let you cheat again!

Jack storms off, rulebook in hand. 

STEVE DECOLT
"Again"? Jack! Hold on a second...

Steve follows his brother.

image.jpeg

CGC TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
 image.png
ALEX DECOLT VS DAN DALAY

Jerome Turner "Can Alex overcome his old bully? We're about to find out."

DaLay dares Alex to throw the first punch. Alex does! DaLay blocks, but Alex ducks the counter and punches the bully right in the face!

DaLay laughs. So Alex hits him again. And again. DaLay goes from laughter to covering up to taking his own swings. Alex uses his speed to stay out of harm's way, rocks the giant with powerful punches and- Big Boot! DaLay floors him. He bullies Alex around the ring with noogies and wet-willies and Alex starts to panic. Every attempt at fighting back becomes more desperate and unfocussed than the last, shut down by a clubbing blow or Big Boot. Summoning up all of his courage... Alex runs away.

DaLay finds this hilarious, taunting as Alex cowers at ringside, DaLay sees a great opportunity to charge him into the- It's a trap! Alex dodges and DaLay crashes into the ringpost! Right hands! DeColt Thrust! He dodges the Big Boot! Powerslam! Snap Driving Elbow! DaLay is rattled, and Alex gives him a taste of his own medicine. Noogies! Purple nurples! Referee Francis Long steps in to stop the atomic wedgie, and DaLay takes advantage of the momentary distraction with a Spinebuster! Senton! 1... 2... Alex kicks out and DaLay needs to think fast. Tyler isn't there to provide instructions. Top Rope? Good idea? Bad idea. Alex catches him climbing. Superplex! Alex calls for the Iron Claw and... Dan DaLay runs away.

Unlike Alex, this is no trap. He flees the ring as fast as he can, taking his belt with him.

ALEX DECOLT WINS VIA COUNT OUT (14:11)

DaLay may have had enough, but Alex hasn't. He gives chase into the crowd as his former bully scrambles to get away. Through the crowd. Past the popcorn stand. Through the arcade. Security have their hands full keeping the fans out of harm's way. 

Finally, Alex corners him in the toilets. With a triumphant yell, Alex shoves DaLay's head in the toilet and gives him a swirly, as Security try to pry them apart. 

Jerome Turner "For those of you watching at home, we'll see you next week, but for the three thousand here in Red Deer, WrestleFestival continues!"

image.jpeg

• Like 4

image.jpeg

SUNDAY WEEK 4 MARCH 1997
Red Deer, Alberta

• George DeColt Introduction   88
  • DIRTY FRANK VS BATTERING LAMB   36
  • Heroes Love WrestleFestival   31
  • Moose vs Biff; Punching Contest   31
  • Jack & Eric Tyler Talk   74
  • ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE VS CHANDLER & MAVERICK   43
  • Villains Hate WrestleFestival   39
  • Moose vs Biff; Anvil Toss   29
  • DeColt Family Interview   78
  • ALEX DECOLT VS DAN DALAY    50
  • Post Match Bullying   50
  • FINAL SHOW RATING   63

WrestleFestival continues next Sunday.

Not the strongest main event. This is not the Alex DeColt & Dan DaLay of 2016. Or 2005. Young and inexperienced, DaLay struggled with the longer match (and with no Tyler at ringside, they have chemistry) and Alex isn't yet the guy to lead him. Still, it was serviceable. The strong promo segments made it a good show. 

Usually I would write a 'pre-show' to try to sell the upcoming main show. Like the old Sunday Night Heat. Until I realised that there's no one to sell the show to. If you're watching on TV, you're not exactly making the drive to Red Deer in time, and this isn't on pay-per-view. So I got to focus on fun and games instead of last minute promos for the midcard matches, which was freeing. 

image.jpeg

Next week, I post the rest of the WrestleFestival show...

CGC World Title: Eric Tyler vs Steve DeColt (Guest Referee Jack DeColt)
Chain on a Pole Match: Jon Jetson vs Ed Monton
Grudge Match: Barry Bowen vs Howling Dog
Barnyard Bash: John McClean vs Black Sheep
Frenchie's Choice: Rocky Psycho vs Steve Flash
900lbs-a-side Tag Match: Land Mass & Mammoth vs Jake Sloan & Friends
Pie Eating Contest: Biff the Bruiser vs Moose Mulder

• Like 2

It's Wrestlefestival! Unless there's a strong reason otherwise, I'm picking babyfaces. Send the fans home happy.

• Like 1

Seems set up for Jack to cost Steve his title and set up some DeColt on DeColt action down the road

McClean will be too appalled by his surroundings to put up a fight

I really enjoyed the fun and games element of the festival being incorporated into the show, and look forward to seeing what you have in store for the big one!

• Like 1

I think it's too early in the diary for Jack to cost his brother. I see it as Jack will call it down the middle like he said he would (as a babyface should) and Tyler will try to cheat, Jack will stop him and Steve will take advantage which naïve youngster Jack dislikes to plant more seeds of discontent in the DeColt camp. Howev

Monton is better. Simple as. And its WF weekend. Speaking of, is there a Day 2? I think I remember you saying there wasn't

Yeah, Howling Dog has been solid but not really featured for the most part on TV. I like the match up though, Bowen should win

Yeah, Sheep needs to win this. 

The lack of Flash in the diary so far is a shame but glad to see him fighting here. that being said, Psycho could be Steve's next contender, a win hre could start the ball rolling

I'll give it to Sloan's buddies. Numbers game?

Love Moose Mulder. Let's give him a dub here

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

I believe Steve keeps the title but not in a satisfying way, as this builds to Steve supporting Jack and Alex in overcoming the influence of Tyler and fear of DaLay while he has probably lost the belt. Think this goes through Ultimate Showdown.

This is the big crowdpleasing moment of the show. 

Next CGC Champion? Depends on if he gets poached.

I think you'll be too tempted with how the other results go.

Flash just isn't a Self CGC guy imo. 

FUN!

Just think you like Moose more.

• Like 1

- I am back and forth on this ...Tyler is my favourite main event guy in the diary thus far and he's performed fantastically for you; I also think maybe this is one beat too early for him to win the title. Steve takes this but in a way that further pushes Jack towards Tyler's point of view. 

- Monton is better, Monton is more compelling, and the WrestleFestival patrons will wanna see Jetson get the chain.

- Runaway Train on a one way track.

- I don't think McClean will be undone by the environment more than his opponent.

- As said above, I feel like Flash and his prototype (great in-ring, low on character/charisma) isn't your type of guy. And a violent character like Rocky has a lot of upside in a family friendly GCG product.

- One for the little guys, dog-piling on whoever takes the pin.

- Moose seems like the pick here ...but I feel like pie eating shenanigans could be afoot.