CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

CGC Canadian Title Match: Jake Solan vs The Masked Prefect
Land Mass & Mammoth vs Condor & Canadian Dragon
Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb

For new title ideas I suggest either

1. A trios title. Makes sense since you've already got 2 singles and a tag belt. Also a natural title for factions to hold and can create interesting dynamics between temporary allies who challenge for or hold the championship
  2. As has been suggested already, a title where the champion gets to choose the stipulation. I've toyed with this idea in personal saves. The way I did it was that the new champion would choose a stipulation for their title reign. All of their title defenses would be contested under that single stipulation they chose until the end of their reign. Then the new champion would choose their stipulation. I tried to stay away from weapons based matches for the most part and treated the stipulations as strategic choices by the champions. E.g., a technician could choose submission matches or no strikes allowed matches, a slow powerhouse might choose no ropes matches to take away the arsenal of speedy high fliers, etc.

To ponder a couple of common suggestions.

Trios Titles make a lot of sense for the DeColt boys, but I don't think I have the roster for it right now. The DeColts would naturally suit them, and they'd wind up fighting the exact same people they're already fighting. Maybe in a year, with a deeper roster and more built up factions. 

A Lightweight Title makes sense to prepare for Ricky DeColt, but at 13 years old, Ricky is years away from debuting, and George is probably still expecting him to fill out and be as big as his brothers (I see early Ricky as 6' Jeff Hardy, not 5'8 AJ Styles). I initially dismissed this, as I thought all of my lightweights were young, inexperienced, unpopular babyfaces, but... Jake Sloan can talk, Condor has popularity, Black Sheep's pretty wacky. The right heel champion could make it work, and there wouldn't be any threats of DeColt interference. 

That's the first thing I'm realizing I want something that can exist away from the DeColts. For now,, at least. 

The championship structure is something that has always bothered me about CGC. I do not like midcard-belts-for-midcarders, without rules to explain why only a certain portion of the roster want it. Dislike the WWF Intercontinental Title. Dislike the CGC Canadian Title. And the CGC Television Title feels like another one of those. In my head canon, it came about to solve the very problem I'm trying to fix. Here's a belt you can put on TV a lot, so the big belts only need to be defended every 4-6 weeks. But it doesn't give me a whole lot creatively. Maybe some of the ideas here can make that one more interesting, as opposed to being a whole new belt. 

Stipulations are interesting, as I'm not a natural stipulations guy either. I have to push myself to remember to add things like that. A belt with those rules could be fun. 

• Like 1

What about an under 23 title? I realized you have some interesting youngsters in the last show. It could be the CGC Rising Star or CGC Young Blood. I think this would be something different and a good way to build the future.

CGC Canadian Title Match: Jake Solan vs The Masked Prefect
Land Mass & Mammoth vs Condor & Canadian Dragon
Dirty Frank vs Battering Ram

Loved the show. I'm glad that you've gone hard into portraying the DeColt's as young and fresh. There's clear space for them to develop into the characters we know from your previous diaries. George is perfect as well, it feels like he casts a long shadow and it will take a lot for the boys to step out and make it their generation. Eric will be a great foil (his gimmick has been really fun so far) but I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the younger heels make their impact. 

In terms of titles it's tough because until I feel like I really know the midcard, the 3 existing titles feels enough but I do also like the idea of a title being defended each show and can see how that might be challenging with just the 3. I think for a 3rd singles title it should be something pretty gimmicky, 

What about a title, where the challenger picked the stipulation. It is a test of how well rounded a wrestler is.

Although that Lightweight title is also a good idea.

Edit: I am curious, who is Black Sheep anyway, because I can't find him in my CV97 files?

Edited by Temes1066

Black Sheep is in the version of the database I'm using. CV97 1.03. Based in Mid-Atlantic. I downloaded a fresh version for this save, so he isn't someone I've added or repackaged. 

19 hours ago, newbiezness said:

What about an under 23 title? I realized you have some interesting youngsters in the last show. It could be the CGC Rising Star or CGC Young Blood. I think this would be something different and a good way to build the future.

It's definitely something that has crossed my mind. Out of a 32 man roster, 14 are under 23 years old right now. There are two drawbacks, however. First, Jack DeColt would be all about it, and while it would give him some fresh opponents, I already have him plotted out for the next 6 months of storylines. Second, a general lack of experience. Experience is a stat I put a lot of importance on. More than it deserves. I want veterans to guide the rookies and help them improve, and a Under 23 division might result in the blind leading the blind. 

I put the idea on par with a Lightweight Title. It's a strong Maybe.

16 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Loved the show. I'm glad that you've gone hard into portraying the DeColt's as young and fresh. There's clear space for them to develop into the characters we know from your previous diaries. George is perfect as well, it feels like he casts a long shadow and it will take a lot for the boys to step out and make it their generation. Eric will be a great foil (his gimmick has been really fun so far) but I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the younger heels make their impact. 

Thank you. That was one of my goals. It would be boring to have the DeColts or The Elite already be in their final forms. I want to explore some of the journey. They don't have their ultimate gimmicks. They don't have their full styles or movesets or haircuts. I think a lot about Edge in 1998 versus Edge in 2005/2011/now. The gimmick changes. The detours. The spear used to be a thing he did randomly in the middle of matches. A mute, a vampire, a dude, a babyface, a heel, Rated R, La Familia...I want the CGC mainstays to have careers like that. And the best way to get that is to strip everything from them and present the earliest version possible. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Self said:

.Thank you. That was one of my goals. It would be boring to have the DeColts or The Elite already be in their final forms. I want to explore some of the journey. They don't have their ultimate gimmicks. They don't have their full styles or movesets or haircuts. I think a lot about Edge in 1998 versus Edge in 2005/2011/now. The gimmick changes. The detours. The spear used to be a thing he did randomly in the middle of matches. A mute, a vampire, a dude, a babyface, a heel, Rated R, La Familia...I want the CGC mainstays to have careers like that. And the best way to get that is to strip everything from them and present the earliest version possible. 

One of my favorite new diaries and this honestly makes me so excited for the future of it. Seeing the characters evolve from the start is the reason these are so interesting taking different twists and turns is *chefs kiss* perfect. 

For a title idea, I had the idea for a Grapplers/Technicians Title a belt that is specifically for the more experienced and technical wrestlers on the roster. Used as a title to prove some one is a master technician and can grapple with anybody on the roster. But can also be used as a title to establish younger talent that has developed from young talent that loses a lot of someone who is taken seriously by the veterans.

• Like 1

Im so glad to find this diary, I am enjoying it a lot, and your diaries have been such a big part of my own TEW experience for so many years, I have always loved and enjoyed your CGC diaries even if its a product of wrestling Im awful at booking, you and CGC are like peanut butter and jelly, in my opinion you have always gotten the best out of all scenarios of CGC you have been given. Excited to see where this leads.

I am really interested about how this match will rate as a main event, and is really realistic and logical that this early into their careers not everything is about the DeColts, but still CGC is all bout story and popularity, and you have booked a show without any of your biggest stars on matches, its a good test to see if the future can carry the show on their own. About the match, this seems like a routine title defence, Jake Sloan is really good at selling so he should be able to make the power mover of Masked Prefect look impressive, Sloan could grow into something relevant, right now he is not, and Masked Prefect is the closest thing related to the main storyline in the whole show, so seems to be a good idea to give an early win to your heel stable.

I am really curious if this could be a misdirection, but if in their singles matches the high flyers were squashed by the behemots, I would assume the most likely scenario is that the combined force of Land Mass and Mammoth will be even stronger than as singles, and Helen Wheels will do everything in her power to help if she suspects her team is in trouble, so sadly this seems to be the third loss in three weeks for the masked lightweights. This story could have larger ramifications than expected with the idea of a new title belt.

All logic would say that the single wrestler should beat the tag team wrestler, but I don't know I see The Flock as good prospects, and it would be more worth it to build them up, or maybe I am just biased towards RPW talent, that has recently becomed my favourite company of the east coast wars, either way between this two I already see Battering Lamb as so much more than Dirty Frank and with time, Battering Lamb will grow exponentially faster than Frank, also I have the heels winning both other matches, I think this one off match should be the face win of the night. 

The central conceit of Title Bout Wrestling is to have a title match on every episode, so three belts (World, TV, Tag) are clearly not going to cut it. What do you guys like adding to promotions as an extra belt? I'm not really a belt guy, so I need some ideas.

I originally wanted to explain both options I wanted to propose, but one is the Six-Man Tag Team Championships that you have already adressed in detail, and I agree you would need a larger roster to make it worth while, so I will go more in depth with my other option: The Candian Golden Combat X Division Championship, it would be easy to simplify this title as a Lightweight, Cruiserweight or weight division championship, but at least to me is much more, I believe it brings its own wrinkles that would make it more easier to implement than a simple cruiserweight championship, first of all the starting CGC roster only begins with 5 Lightweights that is too low to mantain a division, so you would either need to hire more lightweights for the division and that might not be profitable at the moment for the company, also CGC has always been known as a classic big men promotion, im afraid the hiring more lightweights would limit their growth as they would remain trapped in the title division and just serve as warm bodies for the bigger and heavier stars to beat, or you could set the maximum weight of the title as middleweight, and that would give you 14 wrestlers eligible, but when you begin to see the names it sounds more illogical, because firstly some of this names have always been on the heavier and more muscular side of middleweight, and also are not the type of wrestlers you would see having a lightweight style match, names like Jack DeColt, John Maverick, Eric Tyler, Steve Flash, John McClean even Howling Dog, they would be really out of place in a cruiserweight division. Meanwhile the X Division is not about weight it's about a certain style of wrestling, a stlye much more high flying, flashy, risk taking and high impact wrestling, that differentiates from the CGC Classic, ground and pound, grappling, brawling, takedowns and punches style of wrestling, a much more fast paced division will give you a division that can distinguish by themselves, without trying to compete with the Stones on technincal wrestling that they will always be better at, and it is a much more product friendly division to have, than to try for a faux-hardcore division that goes against the family friendly reputation of CGC, and the advantage is that you can book this division without even needing to hire more wrestlers, I can think of at least 16 members of the original roster that would be at least decent in that style of match, it would still be the spirit of a Lighter division where wrestlers like Condor and Canadian Dragon could shine still without being overly restrictive on which wrestlers can take part, even heavier members of the roster like Masked Prefect and Ted Moore have the skill to be decent in a more flashy high impact style of wrestling (like Samoa Joe in real life).

On 1/15/2024 at 9:15 AM, Self said:

To ponder a couple of common suggestions.

Trios Titles make a lot of sense for the DeColt boys, but I don't think I have the roster for it right now. The DeColts would naturally suit them, and they'd wind up fighting the exact same people they're already fighting. Maybe in a year, with a deeper roster and more built up factions. 

A Lightweight Title makes sense to prepare for Ricky DeColt, but at 13 years old, Ricky is years away from debuting, and George is probably still expecting him to fill out and be as big as his brothers (I see early Ricky as 6' Jeff Hardy, not 5'8 AJ Styles). I initially dismissed this, as I thought all of my lightweights were young, inexperienced, unpopular babyfaces, but... Jake Sloan can talk, Condor has popularity, Black Sheep's pretty wacky. The right heel champion could make it work, and there wouldn't be any threats of DeColt interference. 

That's the first thing I'm realizing I want something that can exist away from the DeColts. For now,, at least. 

The championship structure is something that has always bothered me about CGC. I do not like midcard-belts-for-midcarders, without rules to explain why only a certain portion of the roster want it. Dislike the WWF Intercontinental Title. Dislike the CGC Canadian Title. And the CGC Television Title feels like another one of those. In my head canon, it came about to solve the very problem I'm trying to fix. Here's a belt you can put on TV a lot, so the big belts only need to be defended every 4-6 weeks. But it doesn't give me a whole lot creatively. Maybe some of the ideas here can make that one more interesting, as opposed to being a whole new belt. 

Stipulations are interesting, as I'm not a natural stipulations guy either. I have to push myself to remember to add things like that. A belt with those rules could be fun. 

How about a CGC Cascadia Title with the intention to put the focus on American talent? It would have more flavor than a classic "American" title or "intercontinental" title -- and you could use the Doug Flag to create a really fresh belt and/or graphics for the title and/or title division. Any belt with a green strap and/or green plates would immediately stand out.

Down the road, you could even add a division or secondary TV show around the Cascadian belt to appeal to a more American audience -- when the company gets big enough to justify it.

CGC Canadian Title Match: Jake Solan vs The Masked Prefect

I don't see Solan winning this match, after all the Masked Prefect is an important part of the School of Tradition

Land Mass & Mammoth vs Condor & Canadian Dragon

CGC likes Big Guys.

Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb

Frank is a jobber right now.

18 hours ago, XMultiGames said:

The central conceit of Title Bout Wrestling is to have a title match on every episode, so three belts (World, TV, Tag) are clearly not going to cut it. What do you guys like adding to promotions as an extra belt? I'm not really a belt guy, so I need some ideas.

I originally wanted to explain both options I wanted to propose, but one is the Six-Man Tag Team Championships that you have already adressed in detail, and I agree you would need a larger roster to make it worth while, so I will go more in depth with my other option: The Candian Golden Combat X Division Championship, it would be easy to simplify this title as a Lightweight, Cruiserweight or weight division championship, but at least to me is much more, I believe it brings its own wrinkles that would make it more easier to implement than a simple cruiserweight championship, first of all the starting CGC roster only begins with 5 Lightweights that is too low to mantain a division, so you would either need to hire more lightweights for the division and that might not be profitable at the moment for the company, also CGC has always been known as a classic big men promotion, im afraid the hiring more lightweights would limit their growth as they would remain trapped in the title division and just serve as warm bodies for the bigger and heavier stars to beat, or you could set the maximum weight of the title as middleweight, and that would give you 14 wrestlers eligible, but when you begin to see the names it sounds more illogical, because firstly some of this names have always been on the heavier and more muscular side of middleweight, and also are not the type of wrestlers you would see having a lightweight style match, names like Jack DeColt, John Maverick, Eric Tyler, Steve Flash, John McClean even Howling Dog, they would be really out of place in a cruiserweight division. Meanwhile the X Division is not about weight it's about a certain style of wrestling, a stlye much more high flying, flashy, risk taking and high impact wrestling, that differentiates from the CGC Classic, ground and pound, grappling, brawling, takedowns and punches style of wrestling, a much more fast paced division will give you a division that can distinguish by themselves, without trying to compete with the Stones on technincal wrestling that they will always be better at, and it is a much more product friendly division to have, than to try for a faux-hardcore division that goes against the family friendly reputation of CGC, and the advantage is that you can book this division without even needing to hire more wrestlers, I can think of at least 16 members of the original roster that would be at least decent in that style of match, it would still be the spirit of a Lighter division where wrestlers like Condor and Canadian Dragon could shine still without being overly restrictive on which wrestlers can take part, even heavier members of the roster like Masked Prefect and Ted Moore have the skill to be decent in a more flashy high impact style of wrestling (like Samoa Joe in real life).

I've spent like a hour trying and failing to explain why I feel this way, but I really didn't like the X Division as a concept. Fun matches, but I guess I see that 'style' as more of an acting choice by the performers than a kayfabe choice by professional fighters. I prefer seeing a whole promotion of that kind of wrestling than a small division without clear boundaries. 

If I want a division of faster, flippier wrestlers, there are rules that could make it work. Weight limits (no reason it can't go up to middleweight). Time limits (gotta go 100 miles an hour with only 4 minutes on the clock). Maybe some kind of trampoline or "get the item" rule that gives smaller, more mobile guys the ability to dominate.

I'd do similar for other styles. I wouldn't book a belt 'for technicians', but I might book a belt where every match is Submission Only, with no strikes allowed. Technicians would naturally dominate and become the Go To style for that belt.

• Like 1

image.png.20e5e3deaf1dabd0652154736703cb34.png

Jerome Turner "Welcome to another exciting episode of Title Bout Wrestling! Tonight, the CGC Television Title is on the line as the Masked Prefect, the mysterious first student of Eric Tyler's School of Tradition, defends against the always plucky, always courageous Jake Sloan. But first, after the chaotic scenes that closed last week's episode, Roger Rogers has asked for time to make a formal apology. Take it away, Roger."

image.jpeg.e61b9115884b94aabbf2e4c3e7ca79a1.jpeg

IN-RING

image.jpeg.d5a640bbbb2d653b42bd034e41f6dc9b.jpegimage.jpeg.b5f4d77fcd0ae70178e00b2d0e55c736.jpegimage.jpeg.7037092c5d26c7a573be8e1536e2db66.jpeg

The wheelchair bound ROGER ROGERS is in the middle of the ring, as the Canadian Enforcers; JON JETSON and ED MONTON glare at each other from opposite corners. 

ROGER ROGERS
Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe an apology is due. Things got out 
of hand last week. In our quest for the Tag Team Titles, words
 were said. Regrettable actions were taken. I've done a lot of soul 
searching and self reflection over the past week, and what the 
Canadian Enforcers did does not represent our morals and
our ethics and therefore... Ed Monton you need to apologise 
right now.

ED MONTON
Me? For what?

ROGER ROGERS
You cost us the match last week. We were one punch away from 
becoming Tag Team Champions-

ED MONTON
An illegal punch. With a chain. You really think I'd let Jetson bash 
that kid's brains out? You two are the ones that should be apologising, 
and not just for last week. I've tried to turn a blind eye to your dirty
 tricks, Roger, but no more. We're Enforcers. We should be setting an
 example to these kids. Aboot integrity. Aboot honour. 

JON JETSON
The only example I'm setting is the one that puts gold around my
 waist and cash in my wallet. I ain't goin' soft. 

ROGER ROGERS
 Think about what you're doing here, Ed. Think about the years 
we've spent together. The matches won. The miles on the road. 
Are you really willing to throw that away over a little... crisis of 
conscience? Really? After everything I've done for you? The 
sacrifices I've made. How can you talk about integrity and honour
 when you're willing to rob a crippled man of his dreams? All I
 want is gold around your waists. I got you that title shot, and
 I can get you another one. But you need to apologise and
 do what needs to be done. 

ED MONTON
If that's the only way we can win the belts then I don't want them. 
A champion without honour isn't a champion at all. 

JON JETSON
Honour's for losers.

Chain wrapped around his fist, Jetson takes a swing at Monton, but Ed ducks! He's ready to throw down, but Jetson quickly hides behind Rogers, using a man in a wheelchair as a human shield.  Security rush in to prevent things from escalating, joined by WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS.

image.jpeg.6cde6e17cc6bd5b05f7c31cb66d0d763.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Break it up! You want to fight? That's fine by me, but you'll do 
it the right way. On behalf of the CGC matchmaking committee,
 tonight's main event will be Jon Jetson vs Ed Monton. May
 the best Enforcer win! 

/w Helen Wheels LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS CONDOR & CANADIAN DRAGON
image.jpeg.4f264f48d055b801cf044b920e667567.jpegimage.jpeg.3a8200f7e8ef2e725c0d2156fec3b940.jpegimage.jpeg.75bb201a4551f9900c2dda12409f7290.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.04141076ab05bec9f9619dbec8dded5c.jpegimage.jpeg.b6287f10baf20a14c2187ba5f3512ae8.jpegimage.png.39252bf19fd0a952896d8c9a26c20068.png

Jerome Turner "Condor and Canadian Dragon have struggled to deal with the massive size of these 400lbers. Maybe they can figure it out as a team."

Condor & Dragon use quick tags and double teams to make up for the massive size disadvantage, until Helen yanks Condor off of the apron, roller skating away before she gets caught. Alone, Dragon gets squished and squashed. Jelly Belly Suplex (Belly to Belly)! Condor fights valiantly, but he's too small for his high flying and martial arts to have any effect. 'Running' Splash! 1. 2. 3.

LAND MASS & MAMMOTH WIN (5:21)

image.jpeg.bf533ce829fbcdfe344df2e3937874fb.jpeg
BARRY BOWEN'S SUSPENSION ENDS IN
14 days. 0 hours. 25 minutes. 55 seconds... 54 seconds.... 53 seconds...

Jerome Turner "Last night almost a thousand fans packed into Fort McMurray Rec Centre for some live CGC action. Here's a small taste of what they got to see."

image.jpeg.f249910b9753348387277d33fdd03d59.jpegimage.jpeg.0f056d86fb8315156a13b0304c639ff4.jpegimage.jpeg.efde5de78d1ea76eee4fc1556f045990.jpeg
MOOSE MULDER winds up the Moose Punch, but BIFF THE BRUISER spits in his face. Lariat! 1... 2... 3!

image.jpeg.1a28da91dcaaa1c1fd72317253ebcd5d.jpegimage.jpeg.02a172501a213a986d1bfc350546a10f.jpegimage.jpeg.f6e028f522e024aa95123b77789e1c27.jpegimage.jpeg.0f056d86fb8315156a13b0304c639ff4.jpegimage.jpeg.e4c310beda8ed41696e884cef12c52f2.jpegimage.jpeg.4904291f39a8fe1c9e5abce606968563.jpegimage.jpeg.8498d8cc646a79bdee74c19bb1efc073.jpeg
ALEX, JACK, and STEVE DECOLT all get a different giant in an Iron Claw. SWITCHBLADE MIKE taps!

DIRTY FRANK VS BATTERING LAMB /w Black Sheep
image.png.39252bf19fd0a952896d8c9a26c20068.pngimage.jpeg.d61b79c502eca0aa08c2b47aa044b84c.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.916e3377bd9d82d7a16d6eaf75cfdeff.jpegimage.jpeg.ae6ed2ffaa1c398a6e0dd5aab446624d.jpeg

Battering Lamb battering rams his belching, farting opponent, but can't keep the Slow Roast (Torture Rack) on for long. Frank smells too bad. Frank fights dirty while Black Sheep offers various weapons he has snuck past ringside security. Brass knuckles? No. Beer can? No. Clothes peg! Perfect! With the clothes peg on his nose, Lamb is immune to Frank's stench. Body Slams! Slow Roast! Frank taps! 

BATTERING LAMB WINS (5:38)

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg.b5003887190b32e2b84e9649cb26b8ac.jpegimage.jpeg.6cde6e17cc6bd5b05f7c31cb66d0d763.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN has cornered a clearly irritated WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS.

JOHN McCLEAN
Mr Whipper, I would like to formally register my disgust at the quality
 of competition here in CGC. Did you see the 'display' that just took place
 in the ring? I don't know who I respect less, the men dressed as sheep
 or the fellow who smelled like he soiled himself during the drive over
 here. I am a wholesome, respectable athlete, and I demand that my 
competition be no less immaculate.

image.jpeg.ae6ed2ffaa1c398a6e0dd5aab446624d.jpeg

BLACK SHEEP
Eh. What's up, John? 

Smoking a cigarette, BLACK SHEEP blows smoke in McClean's face. McClean tries to attack, but discovers his shoelaces have been tie together, and goes flying. 

CGC TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

JAKE SLOAN VS THE MASKED PREFECT /w Eric Tyler
image.png.39252bf19fd0a952896d8c9a26c20068.pngimage.jpeg.bbb200851ca01e7a5439d9de2fbfc920.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.63800d56daac0a42ca50e3e8718a5f14.jpegimage.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Eric Tyler wasn't successful in dethroning Steve DeColt for the CGC World Title, but he has found one heck of a first student in this gigantic physical specimen." 

Sloan is fast, but the Prefect follows his teacher's instructions and uses his bulk to his advantage, bullying his much smaller opponent around the ring with wedgies and purple nurples. Sloan doesn't have his opponent's size or strength but he has plenty of heart, refusing to give up... until Tyler gives the signal, and the Prefect takes his head off with a Big Boot. 1. 2. 3.

MASKED PREFECT RETAINS (4:42)

image.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpegimage.jpeg.2ae1c56c350377b2e25e6072f2ee6660.jpegimage.jpeg.be79488a5a32803b8ce3a2f39df0c700.jpegimage.jpeg.5ea089c355fed3892e1ef23607641fe8.jpeg

ERIC TYLER and THE MASKED PREFECT are joined by CHANCE and FATE in the ring, having Tyler a microphone. 

ERIC TYLER
See what happens when you enroll in the School of Tradition?
 Those who sit under my learning tree become Champions, and 
those who don't... Will be made an example of. 

Eric Tyler slips the Soldiers some cash, and Chance and Fate advance on the vulnerable Jake Sloan, before-

image.jpeg.1a28da91dcaaa1c1fd72317253ebcd5d.jpegimage.jpeg.02a172501a213a986d1bfc350546a10f.jpeg

ALEX and JACK DECOLT rush to the ring and stand over Jake, protecting him from harm. The Soldiers are ready to fight, but Tyler has other ideas.

ERIC TYLER
This is what I like about you DeColts. So noble. So brave. It's 
such a shame that bravery is misdirected. Clowns like Jake 
Sloan are a blight on this sport. Can't you see that? Steve is too
 far gone, he's a degenerate like your father, but you two know
 the value of a proper education, don't you? Alex, the Straight A
 student. Jack, the varsity athlete. In life, you never stop learning, 
so why not learn the right way. Enroll in my School of Tradition.

Alex stands guard as Jack helps Sloan out of the ring, where Security and a Doctor are waiting. 

ALEX DECOLT
If this is how you teach your students, we want no part of it.
Our Dad already taught us how to be champions the right way.

ERIC TYLER
You're making a big mistake, DeColts. We already have the TV 
title, but how long until my Soldiers take those tag team titles
 from you? How long before the CGC matchmaking committee
 grant me a rematch against your cheating brother? A new
era is coming. Sooner than you think. 

UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS
Saturday Week 4 January - CGC Live! in Whistler, British Columbia
Saturday Week 1 February - CGC Live! in Saanich, British Columbia
Sunday Week 1 February - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Langley, British Columbia
Saturday Week 2 February - CGC Live! in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Saturday Week 3 February - CGC Live! in Medicine Hat, Alberta
- - - - - - - 
Sunday Week 4 March - THE DECOLT WRESTLEFESTIVAL in Red Deer, Alberta

image.jpeg.f6e028f522e024aa95123b77789e1c27.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT
Every city in the country is begging for a night with Stunning Steve 
DeColt, and this Saturday I'm coming to Whistler for a double open
 challenge. To any man who thinks they can take this sweet, sweet 
belt from my sweet, sweet waist... and to any woman who thinks 
they can steal my heart. You only get one night with Stunning Steve, 
but I guarantee it'll be a night you never forget. 

FRENCHIE'S FIVE

image.jpeg.305be160e869b19d4f3b8755025981f1.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Ooh la la la. Ze Canadian Enforcers are one of the most decorated
 tag teams in ze country. Such experience! But who are ze most 
experienced teams in CGC?

image.thumb.png.0d81efb721bd06f8eda510ddd7d461de.png

FRENCHIE MARCEL
 Ze tag team division may be about to change for good.

/w Roger Rogers
JON JETSON VS ED MONTON
image.jpeg.d5a640bbbb2d653b42bd034e41f6dc9b.jpegimage.jpeg.cd391fcf898b5b16bffde90efca20ad4.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.01a35ee636b17d46c6abdbc1779f0b34.jpegimage.png.39252bf19fd0a952896d8c9a26c20068.png

Jerome Turner "An impromptu main event. Things got heated earlier but I wonder if either man is having second thoughts about-"

Jetson jumps Ed before the bell, but Ed fires back. Years of pent up frustrations are unleashed in flurries of punches and kicks. Jetson's bigger, but Ed is relentless, battering his partner in and out of the ring. Any twinge of guilt he feels about hurting his former partner quickly assuaged by an attempted sucker punch or Roger's interference.

Jetson gets lucky with a knee lift and imposes his will, but no matter what he dishes out, double-tough Monton weathers the storm and comes back for more. He powers free of the Slingshot Suplex and unleashes his patriotic fury. Canadian Legsweep! Bridging Canadin Suplex! Fallaway Slam! He covers, but Rogers distracts the referee by throwing things. 

Furious, Monton goes outside to confront Rogers, as referees and security rush in to protect the man in the wheelchair. Eventually relenting, Monton gets back into the ring and Jetson hits him with the chain! The referee didn't see it! 1.... 2... 3!

JON JETSON WINS (9:53)

Jerome Turner "A stolen victory for Jon Jetson, and I think we've truly seen the end of the Canadian Enforcers."

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.6cde6e17cc6bd5b05f7c31cb66d0d763.jpeg image.jpeg.1a28da91dcaaa1c1fd72317253ebcd5d.jpegimage.jpeg.02a172501a213a986d1bfc350546a10f.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS stands by with ALEX and JACK DECOLT.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Another exciting Title Bout Wrestling is in the history books, and 
next week is going to be even bigger. The CGC Tag Team Titles will 
be on the line, as Alex and Jack DeColt defend against the Soldiers
 of Fortune. You boys excited? 

JACK DECOLT
Darn right I am, sir. After what those Soldiers tried to do to Mr 
Sloan, I can't wait to get my hands on them. And Mr Tyler! And that 
Masked Student of his! He needs to learn some manners and Mr 
Tyler sure isn't the one to teach him.

ALEX DECOLT
Eric Tyler doesn't care about anyone but himself. He's not a real teacher. 
He's a manipulator. He just wants obstacles out of his way and he knows
 he can't beat us in the ring. He couldn't beat Steve, and next week his 
Soldiers won't beat us. They fight for money, but we fight for family,
 brotherhood, and DeColt Country!

JACK DECOLT
Yeah! Next week the Soldiers of Fortune find out.... WHO RULE???

ALEX DECOLT
DeColts Rule!

• Like 6

image.jpeg.30fd091a3c15694dd5e547e9d3f18d2e.jpeg

SUNDAY WEEK 3 JANUARY 1997
Edmonton, Alberta (497 in attendance)
Shown live on Alberta on Air (3,272) and BCB (3,343) Combined rating <0.01 

Canadian Enforcer's In Ring Apology (35)
LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS CONDOR & DRAGON (26)
Fort McMurray Highlights (39)
DIRTY FRANK VS BATTERING LAMB (33)
McClean meets Black Sheep (42)
JAKE SLOAN VS MASKED PREFECT (24)
DeColts save Sloan (57) 
Upcoming Events /w Steve (62)
JON JETSON VS ED MONTON (50)
Alex & Jack Promo (67)
FINAL SHOW RATING (55)

After last week's debacle, it's good to get back on track. This wasn't going to be a blow-away show, but I was confident Ed Monton could deliver the goods and carry Jetson to a solid main event. I can't say I like the trope of using the opening segment to book the main event, but sometimes fitting all of my storylines together requires compromise. One storyline has to move 'too fast' so another can hit 'on time'. Hopefully the trade-off pays off. At the end of the day, CGC is sports entertainment, and that gives me the excuse to embrace some nonsense  booking tropes when it's convenient. 

The opening Enforcers segment was far too long and suffered for it. I wrote a lot of dialogue, so I couldn't exactly pretend it was 3 minutes. 

Ed Henson appreciation night was held in Vancouver, at the exact same that time last week's episode was airing on TV. There were a couple of CGC appearances. Ted Moore beat Benjamin Moore (no relation?) and Eddie Chandler beat a young Joey Poison. I love Joey, an absolute star of one of my previous projects, but in my head-canon he's still in his kickpads-and-pleather indy-rific era, so not at the top of the CGC shopping list. 

The house show in Fort McMurray had a good crowd, but was a pretty bad night of wrestling. I put DeColts in with some lesser-known big guys, so I could show highlights on TV, and none of them were ready for long main events. It doesn't ultimately matter, in that it doesn't hurt my popularity, but I may need to lower my expectations for these shows. 

Next week on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC Tag Team Titles: Soldiers of Fortune vs Alex & Jack DeColt
Biff The Bruiser vs Eddie Chandler
John McClean vs Black Sheep

• Like 1

Alex and Jack

Honestly, this could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised if the SOF got them

Biff

Rookie babyface Eddie Chandler isn't quite ready yet

John McClean

I like John a lot in CV97. Young, good gimmick, time to develop. His probelm.is you don't have many faces to build him up, but him v The Flock should be fun. 

I ain't a big fan of Sports Entertainment. But this was written well with everything making sense. I also smiled at the bugs bunny reference, which was a nice addition. I could tell the Enforcers split was a bit rushed, but hey sometimes stories gotta start out fast. With the tainted ending I assume this will continue in some way with Monton wanting revenge. A chain match quite possibly in the future.

CGC Tag Team Titles: Soldiers of Fortune vs Alex & Jack DeColt

In my opinion is too early for a title change, the DeColt brothers seem to be in the beggining of their reign and hotshotting the titles off them, seems rushed, if its really going to happen is more likely will happen on an event instead of free TV, also I think the moment the DeColts lose the title should be because they are ready to bounce back to another storyline instead of just losing their titles and be left floating in the ether, a personal opinion, I think the Soldiers of Fortune are only part of the school of tradition in this diary, is because historically they were part of the team, but I dont feel the click together with Eric Tyler, I feel we havent seen the final version of the school of tradition, I think sooner rather than later, Eric Tyler will grow tired with the soldiers, and we will see a new team to take their place on the team, and I think is that new team which will take the titles at some point.

Biff The Bruiser vs Eddie Chandler

This is a complete toss up for me, too early in both their careers to really tell, Im just going with the one who historically has the better career, also I see much more potential, and differente ways of evolving in Chandler, meanwhile Bruiser seeems to one dimensional for me.

John McClean vs Black Sheep

I just feel at this point in time, John McClean is more important than Black Sheep, also I think it makes a good contrast that Battering Lamb won his match, and Black Sheep doesn't, I feel Black Sheep would feel more comfortable being a heel.

image.png.9f35e8bd97fa3be2bfcad9aacd745687.png

IN-RING

image.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpegimage.jpeg.081b3b8bc27b3403ec244b2b1b2be23d.jpeg

Microphone in hand, ERIC TYLER walks to the ring, followed by the MASKED PREFECT.

ERIC TYLER
The two most important tools in an educator's arsenal are the Carrot
 and the Stick. I have tried the carrot. I tried to gently coax the DeColt 
Boys into enrolling in my School of Tradition. I tried to explain to them
the benefits of a proper education, by showing them the wonders of
my Masked Prefect. Alas, they have rejected the Carrot, and chosen
 the Stick. Tonight, the Soldiers of Fortune will destroy Alex and Jack 
DeColt. For their own good, their Tag Team Titles will be taken from
 them and soon they will come groveling to me, begging to sit under
 my learning tree. And if not? I'm sure there are plenty of potential 
candidates who will.

Eric Tyler joins Jerome Turner the commentary desk, as the Masked Prefect stands guard.

BIFF THE BRUISER VS EDDIE CHANDLER
image.jpeg.8c56eb6db3694fcad885e8bee8ff7d3e.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.ef5eb0046a836bd858a851642c2a9d31.jpeg

Eric Tyler "My School of Tradition welcomes any student who is serious about their craft. Let's see if either of these two reprobates can impress me."

Eddie has all of the heart in the world, but is overwhelmed as Biff batters, bludgeons and bruises. Aïe! Chandler fights back with pluck and vigor and a fabulous dropkick, but gets over-excited and eats a Big Lariat for the 1... 2... 3. Quel désastre!

BIFF THE BRUISER WINS (6:34)

Eric Tyler takes notes. 

UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS

Saturday Week 1 February - CGC Live! in Victoria, British Columbia
Sunday Week 1 February - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Langley, British Columbia
Saturday Week 2 February - CGC Live! in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Saturday Week 3 February - CGC Live! in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Sunday Week 3 February - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Calgary, Alberta
- - - - - - - 
Sunday Week 4 March - THE DECOLT WRESTLEFESTIVAL in Red Deer, Alberta

image.jpeg.c5bf3ffe72b16f44dcb34976a5866702.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT
This Saturday, Canadian Golden Combat comes to the Garden City. 
Victoria is known for its beautiful and well-maintained gardens, but
 there will be nothing beautiful about what gets planted this Saturday.
 It's the first ever Trowel Takedown Match. First team to plant their
 opponents in the flower beds win. Only this Saturday! Only
 in Victoria!

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.115cd37f434c15576380455dad38b7f0.jpeg

STEVE FLASH
Next week, Barry Bowen's suspension is. Up and I'm going to 
be waiting. For him. Don't blink. It will be over in a... Flaaash.

7 days. 0 hours. 37 minutes. 6 seconds... 5 seconds.... 4 seconds...

HOLLYWOOD JOHNNY MAVERICK VS HOWLING DOG 
image.jpeg.1f214c92cc9b23a9f6b988a9007a3c80.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.ed714d46ee28a6da2fb8893e7c16d960.jpeg

Eric Tyler "First thing I'd do if either of these men enrolled in my School is give them a proper haircut. Shameful."

Howling Dog goes on the warpath with tomahawk chops, until Maverick takes him to the mat, playing by his own rules to get every (body) part he goes after. Summoning the courage of his spirit animal, Dog breaks free! Sky High Spinebuster! Star Blanket (Splash)! 1... 2... 3.

HOWLING DOG WINS (6:49)

At ringside, Eric Tyler whispers something to the Masked Prefect. 

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.842dada13d7ce04e4e7336a9b69a34db.jpegimage.jpeg.d5a640bbbb2d653b42bd034e41f6dc9b.jpeg

JON JETSON has wheeled ROGER ROGERS into the Interview Zone. 

ROGER ROGERS
The herd only moves as fast as its slowest member, and we've 
culled the herd. That bleeding heart Ed Monton went soft on us.
He wouldn't do what needed to be done, so we put him down. 
Last week, Jon Jetson beat him fair and square, you'll never
 see him again, and now there's no limit to what we can accomplish. 

image.jpeg.f6e028f522e024aa95123b77789e1c27.jpegimage.jpeg.33bfd8367aba79a701dfdb0f4034734e.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT interrupts, arm-in-arm with CLEA, 24, Performance Artist. 

STEVE DECOLT
Fair and square? The only reason you beat Ed Monton is because 
Jetson hit him with a steel chain. I saw it. Everyone saw it. You're
 not fooling anyone. Ed Monton's the toughest man I've ever met.
 If you don't think he'll be back on his feet within the month with 
vengeance on his mind you're even dumber than you look. 

ROGER ROGERS
How dare you? This is how you speak to your elders? This is how
 you speak to a man in a wheelchair? 

JON JETSON
Shut your mouth, pretty boy. Or I'll shut it for you. 

STEVE DECOLT
You wanna try? There's a line a mile long to get a date with Steve 
DeColt, but after that stunt you pulled last week, maybe I'll let 
you skip to the front. It'll be a night you never forget, and that's
a DeColt Guarantee. 

JOHN McCLEAN VS BLACK SHEEP
image.jpeg.785df404eb0e5c5e4f6d0e20b1ddd67e.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.bbc539d7824b421c46f7225795b2ac26.jpeg

Jerome Turner "John McClean wanted more 'respectable' competition. I don't think this is what he had in mind."

Keen to impress Eric Tyler on commentary, McClean really wants a good, clean fight... but makes a fool out of himself trying to wrestle a cigarette away from Black Sheep, who ducks and dodges and flips his opponent off. McClean goes for the eyes, but it's blocked! Eye Poke from Black Sheep! Roll up! 1... 2... 3!

BLACK SHEEP WINS (6:26)

John McClean is devastated, complaining to referee Andy Gordy as Black Sheep steals Andy's wallet. 

Eric Tyler "See what a joke Canadian Golden Combat has become? Wrestlers like this will have no place when I take the CGC World Title and usher in my new era."

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.aa4b5059b995560510ff57cbcf896f1f.jpegimage.jpeg.4f264f48d055b801cf044b920e667567.jpegimage.jpeg.69953f5fd41b57215105ecdd3b19aa17.jpeg

HELEN WHEELS
You want to know what it takes to get the attention of a girl
 like me? Simple. You've got to be a real man. Under 6
 feet tall? Don't even waste my time. Less than 240lbs?
 Keep dreaming, little boy. The shrimps and losers of
 Canadian Golden Combat keep trying to impress me,
 but they'll never measure up to my Land Mass and
 Mammoth. Size matters. Never forget it. 

CGC TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Chance & Fate
SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE
image.jpeg.ef2649d06a99f4986abb2449b2709617.jpegimage.jpeg.09c01d3769b52061a32c2dea1588a9ca.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.5b08f77db46c41caebfc7f6b9195f5c0.jpegimage.jpeg.f2d9c1d070230372a8a0677452837e6f.jpeg
ALEX & JACK DECOLT

Eric Tyler "It's painful to see prodigies like these DeColts waste their talents. When my Soldiers take their titles they'll see they have so much more to learn, and they'll come crawling to me."

Alex struts his stuff against Chance. Jack takes Fate by the surprise with amateur takedowns! Double Hip Toss! Hard Double Whip to the Buckles! The Soldiers retreat, regrouping at the announce desk as the DeColts celebrate. Tyler offers his men instruction, and another payoff. 

Eric Tyler "(muffled)... the little one... (muffled)... him suffer..."

Jack is eager to keep the fight going, and the Soldiers use that impetuousness to their advantage. Chance brings him behind enemy lines, where he suffers a brutal Fate. The Soldiers cut the ring in half and do exactly what they've been paid to do; punish and torment the Teen Titan. 

Eric Tyler "This is for your own good, Jack. Join me and I can show you how to be a real champion."

Jack doesn't talk to strangers, ignoring Tyler's offer, escaping his Fate, and making the tag! Here comes Alex! Powerful Punches! Pretty Powerslam! Smooth  Driving Elbow! Alex gets Fate in the Iron Claw, but has no Chance! He's alone against the Soldier's cohesive destructive power. Spinebuster/Senton Combo! 1... 2... Jack saves the day! He tackles Fate head on and now Alex has a Chance! Iron Claw! 

image.jpeg.081b3b8bc27b3403ec244b2b1b2be23d.jpeg

The MASKED PREFECT climbs into the ring and takes Alex's head off with a Big Boot!

ALEX & JACK DECOLT WIN VIA DISQUALIFICATION (12:02)

Jack comes to his brother's aide, but the Masked Man is too big to be taken off his feet with amateur takedowns and he's easily tossed aside. Alex is back, rocking the giant with Powerful Punches, until the Prefect rips off his own mask to reveal...

image.jpeg.692980ee7551b0cd6d7826f9612c7a45.jpeg

Alex looks like he's seen a ghost. Terrified, he tries to flee but- Big Boot! Clubbing blows! Alex is panicking. Jack jumps on the unmasked giant's back and gets hurled aside again, but it gives Alex just enough breathing room to flee up the ramp.

Jerome Turner "The Masked Prefect has unmasked himself, but who is he? And why is Alex so afraid? So many questions to be answered, but it'll have to wait until next week on Title Bout Wrestling! 

6 days. 23 hours. 15 minutes. 40 seconds... 39 seconds.... 38 seconds...
NEXT WEEK

• Like 6

image.jpeg.30fd091a3c15694dd5e547e9d3f18d2e.jpeg
SUNDAY WEEK 4 JANUARY 1997
Edmonton, Alberta (497 in attendance)
Broadcast on Alberta On Air (3,272) and BCB (3,343). Combined Rating <0.01

• Eric Tyler Promo   61
  • BIFF THE BRUISER VS EDDIE CHANDLER    46
  • Upcoming Events /w George   71
  • Steve Flash Promo   27
  • HOLLYWOOD MAVERICK VS HOWLING DOG   48
  • Jetson/Steve Argument   51
  • JOHN McCLEAN VS BLACK SHEEP   43
  • Helen Wheels Promo   50
  • SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE VS ALEX & JACK   55
  • Masked Prefect Unmasks   50
  • Barry Bowen Suspension Counter   60
  • FINAL SHOW RATING 58

In terms of in-game scores, probably the most consistent episode of wrestling I've put on so far, with no dreadful matches at all. Very unlike me. The Steve Flash promo was probably the most embarrassing part. Luckily YouTube didn't exist in 1997, so his stilted delivery is unlikely to haunt his career for decades to come. I like giving weak talkers time to improve. I only noticed when I was posting the show, but this was a more traditionally formatted show. No House Show Highlights, Frenchie's Five, and the End-of-Show promo to hype the next title bout. None of them fit this week, but I hadn't planned to skip all of them. 

JANUARY BUSINESS ROUND-UP

image.png.4dc17fa6de234010380da1d18f157882.png

The most important story is that CGC lost $131,000 last month. Horrifying, but not entirely unexpected. CGC start 1997 with vastly inflated production values. It's possible that's balanced correctly for a TV-only schedule, and I'm simply throwing it off by adding frequent Lesser Events, but personally, I think it's a mismatch between perception and reality. CGC want to be the glitz and glamour of sport entertainment, but really they are a regional company without PPV. They can't afford $95k of High Quality production values. So I've knocked it down to Professional, fired a lot of the lighting and pyro guys, and saved $70k per month. More than enough for the TV stations. We'll keep the sprinklers for Howling Dog's rain dance. 

The other move is to renegotiate the DeColt's contracts. Their agreements were for $2.5k per show (sheer nepotism. For comparison, Eric Tyler gets $600) and while that can be stomached when they're on 3-5 shows per month, I can't do it for 6-9 shows. They're now on monthly deals of $10k per month. Still a lot, but less than it was, and I won't have to change any booking plans. 

In injury news, Canadian Dragon has a detached retina, surprisingly not caused by Mammoth. It was a freak accident with a lobster. I'm currently deciding what to do. Surgery is an option. I might try him on commentary or doing interviews until he heals, but he's not a local guy, or someone I'm particularly invested in developing. 

Top Performers: Eric Tyler (72 average over 2 matches) Steve Flash (62 in 2) Steve DeColt (59 in 4) Ed Monton (55 in 4) Alex DeColt (52 in 4)
Worst Performers: Christopher Hart (12 average over 2 matches) Dirty Frank (18 in 5) Bob Casey (20 in 3)  Ted Moore (23 in 5) Mario Heroic (23 in 4) 
Disappointing Month: Jack Decolt (43 in 4) has been the least effective star, while Land Mass (28 in 2) and Mammoth (27 in 3) have been outperformed by the guys they're squashing. 
Punching Above Their Weight: Johnny Maverick (43 in 2) Xander Robinson (40 in 3) and Condor (46 in 3) are doing really good job doing jobs. 
Most Improved: Steve Flash (up 15 points, cheating as he works for 3 promotions) Eddie Chandler (+13) Fate (+12) John McClean (+11) Alex DeColt (+10)
Best Show: CGC Live! in Kamloops (Week 2 - 66) Also our biggest attendance with 1,200 fans
Worst Show: CGC Live! in Fort McMurray (Week 3 - 43) Headlined by an awful DeColts vs 3 Unknown Giants main event. A worthwhile but failed experiment. 

Biggest news outside CGC is that Christian Faith (30 SWF main eventer) has been jailed for 2 years for perverting the course of justice. That's a pretty huge change to history right there. 

It's time to start hiring a few folks. I could do with a third referee, and I need an interviewer. I love Whipper Spencer Marks as an authoritative member of the Matchmaking Committee, but that's not the correct energy for every promo. He's not going to hunt down Eddie Chandler for comments on his loss, for example. On the wrestler side, I could do with more local hands for house shows (I don't like paying travel expenses) and maybe some experienced, bumping heels. I have plenty of giants. 

Next Time on Title Bout Wrestling...

Grudge Match: Barry Bowen vs Steve Flash
John McClean & ????? vs Black Sheep & Battering Lamb
Biff the Bruiser vs Howling Dog
... and the CGC Television Title will be on the line, defended by the (formerly) Masked Prefect

How do you guys cope with money woes in TEW?

Edited by Self
Added a question
  • Like 3

Bowen

Outside of Tyler he's really the only heel who can actually challenge Steve out the gate and while Flash is probably the best face performer in the company, he'll make Bowen look great. 

The Flock

This really depends on McClean's partner. I'm trying to think who he could use. I say it's a lower carder and The Flock take the w

Howling Dog

Biff is fine, but Dog has been pretty good recently and he's a colourful undercard face and you need them to build heel threats for the DeColts

I think what you are doing is really the right idea for the financial side. In my cgc save i started turning a profit in April (probably due to Wrestlefestival) but that was with monthly PPV's. My production values are Professional, Small, in house, in house and they've been pretty ok. The thing is I'm not running extra shows so, take it with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by DAVEFAN95
  • Like 1