CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

In 2020 I've rarely had money woes, but in 2016 I would immediately try to limit the amount of wrestlers I use per show (if that's how they're paid). I'm also quick to lower production values if my network allows me too.

Great show once more. The DeColt v. School of Tradition feud gets a new wrinkles after the SoF loss with Prefect unmasking. I always saw Perfect when you wrote Prefect so I do hope this means the man will be using the name Alex seems to know him by.

Steve Flash & Barry Bowen tangling up will be interesting to see. Since Bowen's been out since the start of the year I am wondering how you'll make his character come to life.

The Eric Tyler announcing snippets are something I appreciate. That's one Mid-South Wrestling trope I enjoyed. When they would have a wrestler guest commentate the whole show. We can get to see them comment on guys we otherwise would have never seen him comment on.

1 hour ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Great show once more. The DeColt v. School of Tradition feud gets a new wrinkles after the SoF loss with Prefect unmasking. I always saw Perfect when you wrote Prefect so I do hope this means the man will be using the name Alex seems to know him by.

The Eric Tyler announcing snippets are something I appreciate. That's one Mid-South Wrestling trope I enjoyed. When they would have a wrestler guest commentate the whole show. We can get to see them comment on guys we otherwise would have never seen him comment on.

Guest commentary is something I've used in the past, and I definitely should use it more. Anything to cram more character, personality and story into every inch of show.

I don't think I've used commentary very effectively so far. In my old projects, I would have the announcer and colour commentator each say something before every match AND have a little conversation to open the show. It was overkill in my opinion... but now I've swung too far in the other direction, deleting every line that isn't unique or funny or forwarding the stories. Deleting too much. Sometimes saying "These are two youngsters trying to make a name for themselves." is worthwhile. Especially when the readers/viewers don't have encyclopedic knowledge of a niche fictional promotion in 1997. 

But yes, more guest commentary in the future. That's part of why I stick to a one-man announce team; to leave room for guests. TEW ratings by damned. 

I am sure I typed "Perfect" at least once in the first few shows. I've made worse spelling mistakes. 

On 1/22/2024 at 4:52 AM, The Blonde Bomber said:

I ain't a big fan of Sports Entertainment. But this was written well with everything making sense. I also smiled at the bugs bunny reference, which was a nice addition. I could tell the Enforcers split was a bit rushed, but hey sometimes stories gotta start out fast. With the tainted ending I assume this will continue in some way with Monton wanting revenge. A chain match quite possibly in the future.

In my head canon, problems with the Enforcers were brewing for months, leading to their starting point in the database (active tag team, but Jetson's a heel and Monton's a face) but I didn't do a great job bringing that from my head to the page. I probably should have moved the start point for the story. Either after the split, or keep them as a dysfunctional team. The tag title main event with the DeColts was fun to write, but bombed in game. 

On 1/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, XMultiGames said:

CGC Tag Team Titles: Soldiers of Fortune vs Alex & Jack DeColt

In my opinion is too early for a title change, the DeColt brothers seem to be in the beggining of their reign and hotshotting the titles off them, seems rushed, if its really going to happen is more likely will happen on an event instead of free TV, also I think the moment the DeColts lose the title should be because they are ready to bounce back to another storyline instead of just losing their titles and be left floating in the ether, a personal opinion, I think the Soldiers of Fortune are only part of the school of tradition in this diary, is because historically they were part of the team, but I dont feel the click together with Eric Tyler, I feel we havent seen the final version of the school of tradition, I think sooner rather than later, Eric Tyler will grow tired with the soldiers, and we will see a new team to take their place on the team, and I think is that new team which will take the titles at some point.

It's a strange fit. Definitely an element of 'making do' rather than Chance and Fate being my dream members of a school themed stable. In the database, it's a loose alliance rather than an official stable. And in my head canon that's probably how it started. Tyler paying some henchmen to watch his back and help in some 6-man main events with the DeColts. The Masked Prefect is a recent addition, causing The School of Tradition to change from a vague concept/catchphrase for Tyler, to a real group. Plenty of room to grow and evolve.

Fate also has terrible chemistry with Tyler in his corner, so maybe you're sensing that. 

• Like 1

The commentary you've been doing I've enjoyed. I can understand finding it difficult to find the line off too much information and not enough info. That's something that would mess me up when I'd do dynasties. I'd go too hard adding so much detail that I would burn out rather quickly. Minor details are important to have but personally I'd get too wrapped up in them.

Grudge Match: Barry Bowen vs Steve Flash
John McClean & ????? vs Black Sheep & Battering Lamb
Biff the Bruiser vs Howling Dog
... and the CGC Television Title will be on the line, defended by the (formerly) Masked Prefect

How do you guys cope with money woes in TEW?   I know you mentioned paying for travel expenses, I always make sure I ask any members of my roster who aren't currently living in the region I'm running most of my shows in to move. I'd argue a third ref is an unnecessary expense unless I'm missing some in game reason I'm not aware of? 

Love the last show, personally I think the real strength of your diaries are always how crammed they feel, with no filler. So whilst I'm sure you feel like you cut stuff which could be worth keeping in, I think it's fine leaving plenty untold personally. 

That's Dan DaLay right?! Look forward to seeing your take on his younger years. 

17 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

How do you guys cope with money woes in TEW?   I know you mentioned paying for travel expenses, I always make sure I ask any members of my roster who aren't currently living in the region I'm running most of my shows in to move. I'd argue a third ref is an unnecessary expense unless I'm missing some in game reason I'm not aware of? 

Zero in-game reasoning, but I like three referees. Purely a realism choice. I've worked on wrestling shows. I've seen how much effort the referees put in. I've seen them come back through the curtain almost as blown up as the wrestlers. For a typical indy show with 6-8 matches, I agree that two referees is plenty... but my TV tapings have 10-12 matches including the pre-show. And TV can be a lot more intricate, where referees need to be involved with time cues and precise distraction spots, I feel it's better not to overload them.

I did try getting some guys to move (particularly USA-based Flock and canon CGC future stars) but no luck so far. Maybe I should have thrown more points into Silver Tongue. Generally, in my private games, I get a fair number of workers move local on their own, so I might just leave it up to fate. If someone I don't really like makes the effort to relocate, he might end up with more house shows and a push because of that. 

• Like 1

Grudge Match: Barry Bowen vs Steve Flash

I don't see Flash winning this match.

John McClean & ????? vs Black Sheep & Battering Lamb

McClean is a jobber at this point in time

Biff the Bruiser vs Howling Dog

The Bruiser like make this Native American jobber Howl

Grudge Match: Barry Bowen vs Steve Flash

This is something that's been hyped since the beggining of the year, right now with just the counter you have managed to build the reputation of Barry Bowen, as a maniac, dangerous and an unstoppable force, I believe that any other result than a win would squander all the good faith you built with the promos about his return, I see him as the most believable threat to Steve DeColts World Championship in the near future, even more than Eric Tyler, Steve Flash is a legend in the flesh, but he is also well known to be old school, he will look at the lights if its best for business, he is believable enough that when Bowen beats him it will mean something, the only case when I could see Bowen lose is in a Rage DQ, but that would feel cheap and just overextending the story far beyond what is needed.

John McClean & ????? vs Black Sheep & Battering Lamb
Usually it's not smart to bet against a ????, but in recent weeks we have seen the Flock win convincingly single matches, in theory that should mean they should be better as a team, even more since they have beaten McClean before, it all depends who his partner is, but it would need to be someone really important for me to flip this result.

Biff the Bruiser vs Howling Dog

I seem to be going against the majority on this one, no big explanation, I like Howling Dog more and I see him as a better prospect.

• Like 1

image.png.01d036b28b14770ddd4ab6c3aeaa2928.png

Jerome Turner "Six weeks ago, Barry Bowen was suspended for an out-of-control attack on wrestlers and officials. Tonight, that suspension is over. Barry Bowen returns and Steve Flash will be waiting for him."

image.jpeg.bf533ce829fbcdfe344df2e3937874fb.jpeg
BARRY BOWEN'S SUSPENSION ENDS IN
0 days. 0 hours. 43 minutes. 12 seconds... 11 seconds... 10 seconds...

image.jpeg.e61b9115884b94aabbf2e4c3e7ca79a1.jpeg

CGC TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

BOB CASEY VS ???????? /w Eric Tyler
image.png.39252bf19fd0a952896d8c9a26c20068.pngimage.jpeg.ca883e875fda3753367b421e7568126e.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.692980ee7551b0cd6d7826f9612c7a45.jpegimage.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Eric Tyler's student has been unmasked, but who is this giant? And why was Alex DeColt so afraid of him?"

The mysterious student bullies the challenger with wedgies, wet-willies and the dreaded Stop-Hitting-Yourself. Eric Tyler advises his student not to get carried away, and he listens. Tradition Lift (Lifting Double Chickenwing). Casey quickly quits!

??????? RETAINS (2:47)

image.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpeg

ERIC TYLER
Settle down and listen up! School is now in session! Today’s
 lesson is the History of Alex DeColt. Sure, right now he may 
be tall and handsome and strong, the spitting image of his
 degenerate father, but back in high school he was nothing
 but a scrawny, pathetic nerd. No better than any of you. Want
to know how I know this? Because standing next to me is the
 man that used to make Alex's life a living hell. Alex DeColt's
high school bully; Dan DaLay.  

Dan DaLay smirks, muscles bulging out of his school uniform. 

ERIC TYLER
What you saw from Alex DeColt last week was pure muscle
 memory, learned over years of fleeing in terror and hiding in
 bathrooms. Dan DaLay took his lunch money. Dan DaLay
 pushed his face in the mud. Dan DaLay revealed Alex DeColt 
for what he really is; a coward and a loser. He did it in high 
school, and now he'll do it here in CGC. Only now it'll be ten
 times worse, because Dan DaLay is sitting under MY learning
 tree. You should have joined me when you had the chance, 
Alex. I could have helped you... but that door is now closed. 
Dan DaLay is going to take everything from you. 

image.jpeg.bf533ce829fbcdfe344df2e3937874fb.jpeg
0 days. 0 hours. 32 minutes. 20 seconds... 19 seconds... 18 seconds...

BIFF THE BRUISER VS HOWLING DOG
image.jpeg.8c56eb6db3694fcad885e8bee8ff7d3e.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.ed714d46ee28a6da2fb8893e7c16d960.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Both of these men scored impressive wins last week. Who can keep the streak going?"

With a valiant war cry, Howling Dog tries to take a big man down, but the Bruiser is far too strong. Biff batters, bludgeons and bruises, and if it's a straight ahead brawl he wants, that's what he'll get. Summoning the courage of his spirit animal, Dog goes on the warpath with tomahawk chops. Biff throws a desperation Big Lariat, but Dog ducks! Sky High Spinebuster! Star Blanket (Top Rope Splash)! 1... 2... 3!

HOWLING DOG WINS (9:14)

Howling Dog celebrates with a rain dance, using an ornate tomahawk to summon a downpour, drenching the ring with rain. Refreshing. 

Jerome Turner "A big win for Howling Dog. The CGC Matchmaking Committee would have been paying close attention to that one."

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.04029a84bac866ee7e0071df18330458.jpegimage.jpeg.c5bf3ffe72b16f44dcb34976a5866702.jpeg

CGC's perky new interviewer JULIE FORLETTA stands by with GEORGE DECOLT.

JULIE FORLETTA
Earlier tonight, Eric Tyler introduced his student as Alex DeColt's
 old school bully? Is that true? Did this Dan DaLay go to school
 with Alex? 

GEORGE DECOLT
Yeah, I remember that kid. Mean as hell and almost as big
 then as he is now. He and Alex... They didn't get along, 
let's put it that way. Alex wasn't always the most physically 
gifted of my kids, but he's no coward. He'll be here next week
 to show Dan DaLay that high school was a long time ago.

Jerome Turner "Last night the combatants of CGC were in action in Victoria. Let's see some of what you missed."

image.jpeg.8498d8cc646a79bdee74c19bb1efc073.jpegimage.jpeg.0f056d86fb8315156a13b0304c639ff4.jpegimage.jpeg.f249910b9753348387277d33fdd03d59.jpeg
WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN gets carried away posing and MOOSE MULDER knocks him out with a Moose Punch! 

image.jpeg.b5f4d77fcd0ae70178e00b2d0e55c736.jpegimage.jpeg.0f056d86fb8315156a13b0304c639ff4.jpegimage.jpeg.a3295f85c1469c6f42a0795aae4b2551.jpeg
While the referee is distracted by Roger Rogers on the outside, JON JETSON hits XANDER ROBINSON with a steel chain. 1... 2... 3. 

ITALIAN CAFE

A man sits at a table in an Italian cafe. He's surrounded by friends, laughing, joking, enjoying a cup of coffee and a biscotti. It's a nice, pleasant time.

A passerby bumps the man's chair, causing him to spill a little of his coffee. Everyone at the table freezes. Terrified. Afraid to move.

image.jpeg.d6395d2d32fc928980e45f3dd0381ef6.jpeg

ROCKY PSYCHO snaps. He flips over the table and hurls his chair at the Passerby, knocking him to the ground. Before he knows what's happening Rocky is hammering him with punches, reaching for something sharp as his friends try to pry him away. Women scream. Staff frantically try to call the police.

Rocky Psycho is coming to CGC

DIRTY FRANK & JOHN McCLEAN
image.jpeg.d61b79c502eca0aa08c2b47aa044b84c.jpegimage.jpeg.785df404eb0e5c5e4f6d0e20b1ddd67e.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.bbc539d7824b421c46f7225795b2ac26.jpegimage.jpeg.916e3377bd9d82d7a16d6eaf75cfdeff.jpeg
THE FLOCK

Black Sheep & Battering Lamb

Jerome Turner "Last week Black Sheep put a mark on McClean's otherwise spotless record. Has he found the right partner to help him get his win back?"

McClean wants good, clean revenge, but quickly regrets his choice of partner. Burping. Farting. McClean doesn't want to touch Frank, let alone tag him in. Battering Lamb makes McClean look like a fool with powerful shoulder tackles and headbutts, and when Frank comes in to help he gets locked in Black Sheep's sleeper!

"Counting Sheep!"

Battering Lamb runs the ropes back and forth, forcing Frank (and the crowd) to count. 1.... 2.... Frank's getting sleepy... 5... 6... that's a big yawn... 8... 9... McClean tries to intercept, but it's too late. Frank is already fast asleep and falls of top of McClean with a moist squelch. Black Sheep sits on top. 1... 2... 3. 

THE FLOCK WIN (8:01)

UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS

Saturday Week 2 February - CGC Live! in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Saturday Week 3 February - CGC Live! in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Sunday Week 3 February - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Calgary, Alberta
Friday Week 4 February - CGC Live! Prince George, British Columbia
Saturday Week 4 February - CGC Live! Quesnel, British Columbia
Saturday Week 1 March - CGC Live! Lloydminster, Alberta
- - - - - - - 
Sunday Week 4 March - THE DECOLT WRESTLEFESTIVAL in Red Deer, Alberta

image.jpeg.02a172501a213a986d1bfc350546a10f.jpeg

JACK DECOLT
My Dad always tells me about the great matches he had in Grand Prairie,
 and this Saturday I get the chance to go there myself. If I'm to be the
 best DeColt I can be, I'll need to take on the toughest, meanest,
 nastiest wrestlers that I can find, and I can't wait to see who I'll be 
taking on in Grand Prairie. I hope you'll all be there too.

FRENCHIE'S FIVE

image.jpeg.305be160e869b19d4f3b8755025981f1.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Ze wrestling world is full of villains, but who is ze most 
treacherous villain in CGC? We polled ze crowd here tonight
 on who zey hate the most on ze roster. 

image.thumb.png.0bb04ff054ebd012ea77f151828155df.png

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Absence has not made ze hearts grow fonder. Barry Bowen
 has been gone many weeks, but ze fans have not forgiven 
him for his crimes. 

BACKSTAGE

0 days. 0 hours. 0 minutes. 3 seconds... 2 seconds... 1 second...

image.jpeg.640dd1507dfac38cedff117726341dea.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN barges into the building, dressed to wrestle. He cuts a direct path towards the ring as staff scurry out of his way. 

BARRY BOWEN VS STEVE FLASH
image.jpeg.ef939e5a63c7faa1d2a7884b475819fa.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.6d8e8cd3902f9e016bb61938366b34aa.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Both men have been waiting for this for a long-"

Bowen makes a beeline for the ring, but is intercepted by a dive! Flash is just as eager to start the fight as he is! The two men brawl in and out of the ring, Bowen's powerful swings failing to connect as Flash ducks, dodges and bursts to life with explosions of strikes! He refuses to give Bowen even a second to build up any steam. 

Bowen switches tracks, swapping punching for raw power and launching Flash into the air with a huge backdrop... and now the train can leave the station. Exactly what Flash was afraid of. With every mighty blow and forceful slam, Bowen picks up momentum, becoming more and more devastating by the second. Carrying Flash on his shoulder, he rams his cargo into the turnbuckles at increasingly alarming speeds... but Flash shows remarkable tenacity. He leaps from the moving train and erupts! Flying Forearms! Spinning Wheel Kick! Bowen keeps on charging forward, but Flash unleashes a series of electric dodges and counters and sees a light at the end of the tunnel... but it's a Runaway Train! Train Wreck (High Velocity Shoulder Tackle) turns Flash inside out! Powerbomb! 1... 2... 3. 

BARRY BOWEN WINS (7:55)

Victorious, Barry Bowen finally puts on the brakes, and Security come to Steve Flash's aid. They're terrified... but Bowen's job is done.

Jerome Turner "The Runaway Train is back, and I feel sorry for anyone who gets in his way."

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg.6cde6e17cc6bd5b05f7c31cb66d0d763.jpeg image.jpeg.d5a640bbbb2d653b42bd034e41f6dc9b.jpegimage.jpeg.b5f4d77fcd0ae70178e00b2d0e55c736.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER doesn't look particularly pleased to be with ROGER ROGERS and JON JETSON. 

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
A devastating display from Barry Bowen, but next week Steve DeColt
 will have someone else to worry about. At the request of the Champion
 and passing on a vote of 3-to-2, the next challenger for the
 CGC World Title is Jon Jetson. 

ROGER ROGERS
And I bet I can guess the two members of the Committee that 
voted against us. You and George have protected that no good 
punk Steve DeColt for too long, but you won't be able to save him
 next week. The Canadian Enforcers have cast off the dead weight, 
and it's time for us to get what we deserve. Kiss your title goodbye, 
Steve. The next CGC World Champion will be the True Enforcer; 
Jon Jetson. 

With an evil grin, Jon Jetson briefly reveals the steel chain, hidden from Spencer Marks' view. 

image.jpeg.3cac0269a753a5fc5556f9f3b38bf59c.jpeg

• Like 5

image.jpeg.30fd091a3c15694dd5e547e9d3f18d2e.jpeg
 SUNDAY WEEK 1 FEBRUARY 1997
Langley Civic Centre, British Columbia (497 in attendance)
Broadcast on Alberta On Air (3,285) and BCB (3,501). Combined Rating <0.01

• Barry Bowen Countdown   62
  • BOB CASEY VS DAN DALAY   23
  • Eric Tyler introduces his Student   52
  • BIFF THE BRUISER VS HOWLING DOG   45
  • George DeColt Interviewed   67
  • House Show Highlights   23
  • Rocky Psycho Vignette   21
  • McCLEAN & DIRTY VS THE FLOCK   38
  • Upcoming Events /w Jack   60
  • Frenchie's Five; Hated   51
  • Barry Bowen Arrives   67
  • BARRY BOWEN VS STEVE FLASH       55
  • Rogers & Jetson Promo   37
  • FINAL SHOW RATING   59

Little disappointed with this one. Flash has been so impressive lately that I thought the main event would have more oomph, and Eric Tyler's promo underdelivered too. Fat from a bad show, but I handed the reigns over to the veterans of the roster (Flash, Bowen & Tyler are all a decade older than the DeColts) and it was simply good. 

Couple of new signings making their first appearences. Julie Forletta has been doing some valet work for 4C, so I figured she could hold a microphone for interviews that don't need a stern authority figure. I considered Canadian Dragon for the role, but surgery on his detached retina went well. He won't be gone as long as I thought.

To my surprise, Dan DaLay has some contrdictions when it comes to CGC canon. While the official database says he debuted in CGC in May 1997, this database has him part of CGC since 1993. I flip-flopped on which version to go with, and ultimately decided on a compromise.  I decided Dan has been an active wrestler since 1993, and has worked for CGC on-and-off, but usually doing jobs and always under masks. Building experience. Growing up a bit. The Masked Prefect being his first actual push, leading to this reveal and story. I guess I could have waited until May to unmask him, but I've half expected to get bored and quit after a couple of episodes, and I REALLY wanted to write more Dan DaLay. He's been part of most of my diaries. A sentimental favourite, even though I'm sure I'd hate watching his matches. 

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC World Title Match: Jon Jetson vs Steve DeColt
Hollywood Johnny Maverick vs Eddie Chandler
Switchblade Mike vs Alex DeColt
... and a Valentine's Day Battle Royal where the winner gets a date with Helen Wheels.

• Like 1

Steve DeColt

I never found much for Jon Jetson to do in my save, other than a heel jobber to build up my faces. Here he is much more interesting but still no match for Steve

Johnny Maverick

I don't see Maverick as a flashy guy, even with Hollywood in his name but Eddie Chandler is a naive babyface so Maverick pulls it outta the bag somehow

Alex

Another guy I never found much use for in Switchblade Mike. He's got menace and as a Monster of the Week, I think he'd be fine but not a long term threat but you'd probably find something interesting for him to do. Alex will still win though

Helen Wheels BR

Seems like something Alex could win but he's busy. So lets go Steve Flash? 

I can see why you thought Flash and Bowen would get a good rating, but I find without a few months of build Bowen can be iffy. He's not great in the ring, he's over but not majorly so that doesn't fix it. Flash is unbelievable though. Tyler was disappointing with that promo too, was Dan rated? Maybe his pop dragged it down. I've actually made Dan into a really solid big man in TEW 2016 CV97 game. This was in DAVE where his skills fit really well. He became The Chase Agency's ace. Held the Extreme title twice and was pretty good doing so. It ended in 2006 when TEW 2020 came out and soon after my PC corrupted and the save was lost. 

• Like 1

This was the first show without a title match I believe. So coincidental that the show under performed your expectations. Maybe fans were disappointed with the lack of a title match. Though Bowen's return was a welcome gift and him facing Flash right off the bat made it clear who was going over. Bowen is a perfect candidate to fight against Steve, and Steve can put down lesser challenges as Bowen shows off his unstoppable force. I like the retcon you made for DaLay, makes more sense for the story as well. Wonder if this means DaLay will be heading for the Tag Belts with a partner or if Alex will try to regain the TV Title.

The Upcoming Events, House Show recap, and Frenchies Five make a return this show and they were missed for me. I enjoy them alot even thought they are small parts of the show. They're unique things that add to an immersive feeling while reading.

• Like 1

Self, back home. You love to see it. And with the world of AI backing your ideas up in a big way, I could see this running and running - and I hope I'm right. I knew that was DaLay, and your pic of him is GREAT for what you're going for! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DAVEFAN95 said:

Johnny Maverick

I don't see Maverick as a flashy guy, even with Hollywood in his name but Eddie Chandler is a naive babyface so Maverick pulls it outta the bag somehow

"Hollywood" Johnny Maverick is a concept that tickles me to an unsettling degree. He's really young at this point (didn't make Frenchie's Five Youngsters, but close) and this is exactly the kind of gimmick that an uncreative rookie would pick. Is he an actor? Is it a Top Gun reference? I like intentionally booking rookies 'wrong' as that feels more real to me... and "Hollywood" Johnny Maverick is the poster boy right now. 

2 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

This was the first show without a title match I believe. So coincidental that the show under performed your expectations. Maybe fans were disappointed with the lack of a title match. Though Bowen's return was a welcome gift and him facing Flash right off the bat made it clear who was going over. Bowen is a perfect candidate to fight against Steve, and Steve can put down lesser challenges as Bowen shows off his unstoppable force. I like the retcon you made for DaLay, makes more sense for the story as well. Wonder if this means DaLay will be heading for the Tag Belts with a partner or if Alex will try to regain the TV Title.

The Upcoming Events, House Show recap, and Frenchies Five make a return this show and they were missed for me. I enjoy them alot even thought they are small parts of the show. They're unique things that add to an immersive feeling while reading.

I panicked for a second, but Bob Casey vs Dan DaLay was for the TV Title. The Title Bouts aren't always going to be important, or good (DaLay was decent, Casey was rotten) but the streak stays alive so far.

I probably should add pictures of the belts for Title Bouts, but I don't really have much of an opinion/preference about that kind of thing. After making new images for everything else, using older images felts lazy. So I went even lazier and skipped them entirely. My concern is when I add a new title (I have a plan... 90% sure) I'd want it to match everything else.. 

Upcoming Events is my favorite segment to write. Those short little local promos are helping me figure out these characters, especially the recent ones with Steve and Jack. House Show highlights a proving trickier to book than expected. The needs of the TV show battling the needs of a solid house show card. It cost money getting Jetson all the way from Montreal to Victoria, just to show 15 seconds of him KO'ing a guy on TV. 

• Like 3

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling...

... and a Valentine's Day Battle Royal where the winner gets a date with Helen Wheels.

I was considering going for one of your smaller workers like Canadian Dragon, but let's go for Dan DaLay. He's playing the school bully stereotype, so makes sense he gets the girl.

As a shot in the dark, I feel like this is a very heel thing to win ...John McClean. I think it would be great for him to win a date but be disgusted by everyone he encounters in public on a date or even holding hands with his date etc etc.

Really enjoyed your work from way back in around the 2013 era when I was just a regular, original Shmoe. Both your storytelling and presentation I recall being unique and I love how you embrace silly, sports entertainment style to the fullest. Nice to return and see you are back at it. I figured CGC in 1997 would be (even more) focussed on the DeColt boys but you're fleshing out a lot of people up and down the roster with a deft hand. Looking forward to following all the way to DeColt Country!

... and a Valentine's Day Battle Royal where the winner gets a date with Helen Wheels. Barry Bowen

I'm really curious about how Jon Jetson will do as a single wrestler, and if he will stay one or return to the tag division. The part the confuses me is in promos Roger Rogers is still refering to the Canadian Enforcers as if it still is a team, so I don't know if they are planning to choose someone else to team up with Jetson or bring someone from outside the company to do it, also with the power of hindsight we know Jon Jetson was always the weak link of the team in the canon, but it would be nice to see him triumph in your version of the story, and it would be nice to see him develop into a singles heel, CGC could always use more established heel wrestlers to be credible threats for the DeColts, I would not be against either choice, I just hope Jetson manages to break his glass ceiling. Now about the match, I don't see him taking the title of DeColt yet, he has not established as a top player yet, and he seems to be really occupied with Ed Monton and their feud, so I don't think we need to involve the world title in that, if you want to protect Jetson, you could always have Ed interfere and cost him the title shot, not really a face thing to do, but I think someone who just turned has the right to still be a bit heelish, it would be not credible for someone evil to just go to be a wholesome person immediatley, Ed Monton can be a face and still be ruthless with Jetson.

Hollywood Johnny Maverick vs Eddie Chandler

I usually wouldn't be able to choose between the 2 prospects, who I know might have good careers in the future, usually it would be difficult to choose who has to lose, but I have all other matches being won by babyfaces so we need to give the heel the win in this one.

Mike is an interesting case, because under the right circumstances he can be a passable talent, but everything that got him over on DAVE are things you wouldnt see on the Family Friendly product that is CGC, so he just ends up being a blank personality guy, without any of the things that make him good, so this should be another win for Alex DeColt, this time in singles action. But I expect we will see the school of tradition try to mess around with this one.

Let's go with Jack DeColt, in first place this is CGC, and the DeColts always winning meme has to come from somewhere. Second it creates an interersting issue between Jack, Alex and Helen that if it exists in this universe can always come to fruition later, the brothers don't always need to be on the same page with each other. Third it brings Land Mass and Mammoth into the Tag Title picture and might be the beggining of a feud or one off match, either as a set up from Helen Wheels tricking the DeColts into a title match, or out of Jealousy from the giants if Helen begins being to chummy with the DeColts.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:27 PM, The Lloyd said:

Self, back home. You love to see it. And with the world of AI backing your ideas up in a big way, I could see this running and running - and I hope I'm right. I knew that was DaLay, and your pic of him is GREAT for what you're going for! 

The AI really struggled with DaLay. More than any other member of the roster besides Jetson. However, with Jetson it generated a lots of usable pictures for other old school grapplers. DaLay on the other hand was all cartoon monsters and implausible outfits. I didn't save many failed DaLay efforts.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:53 AM, Shmoe II said:

Really enjoyed your work from way back in around the 2013 era when I was just a regular, original Shmoe. Both your storytelling and presentation I recall being unique and I love how you embrace silly, sports entertainment style to the fullest. Nice to return and see you are back at it. I figured CGC in 1997 would be (even more) focussed on the DeColt boys but you're fleshing out a lot of people up and down the roster with a deft hand. Looking forward to following all the way to DeColt Country!

Thank you. Balancing the DeColts can be tricky business. Between Title Bout scheduling and taping two episodes a night, the boys are being spread out a bit. Which just gives the undercard room to breathe, which is fun. A lot of talent down there. 

13 hours ago, XMultiGames said:

I'm really curious about how Jon Jetson will do as a single wrestler, and if he will stay one or return to the tag division. The part the confuses me is in promos Roger Rogers is still refering to the Canadian Enforcers as if it still is a team, so I don't know if they are planning to choose someone else to team up with Jetson or bring someone from outside the company to do it.

In Roger Rogers' mind, he is part of the Canadian Enforcers. A vital part. Maybe the most important part. To him, the team as a whole isn't dead just because Monton left. It's simply changed its composition and goals. We'll see how correct he is. I'm similarly interested to see how Jetson does in singles. He can be an easy guy to job out and let fade into obscurity, but he has upsides.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Self said:

The AI really struggled with DaLay. More than any other member of the roster besides Jetson. However, with Jetson it generated a lots of usable pictures for other old school grapplers. DaLay on the other hand was all cartoon monsters and implausible outfits. I didn't save many failed DaLay efforts.

Thank you. Balancing the DeColts can be tricky business. Between Title Bout scheduling and taping two episodes a night, the boys are being spread out a bit. Which just gives the undercard room to breathe, which is fun. A lot of talent down there. 

In Roger Rogers' mind, he is part of the Canadian Enforcers. A vital part. Maybe the most important part. To him, the team as a whole isn't dead just because Monton left. It's simply changed its composition and goals. We'll see how correct he is. I'm similarly interested to see how Jetson does in singles. He can be an easy guy to job out and let fade into obscurity, but he has upsides.

I appreciate that part of Roger’s considering himself as part of the team. Instead of him just being a manager. Shows off an ego within that says he’s just as important as the wrestlers despite being in a wheel chair, almost like an over compensation.

image.png.c26fb2b21446ed6dbfd5044000ac68ff.png

image.jpeg.421eb531f60315c89616abf63467d56f.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Love is in the air on this special Valentine's edition of Title Bout Wrestling. Jon Jetson has scored himself a date with the busiest bachelor in CGC, but will this be a night to remember? Or one he'll live to regret?"

image.jpeg.0704ae80793b5a41cbd862f0d0556ea4.jpeg

WORLD CHAMPION'S LOCKER ROOM

image.jpeg.04029a84bac866ee7e0071df18330458.jpeg image.jpeg.f6e028f522e024aa95123b77789e1c27.jpegimage.jpeg.cbcb23bebe5053216095638d0e6b939f.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews STEVE DECOLT in his locker room, which has been decorated for the perfect Valentine's Day date. Candlelit dinner. Champagne. Chocolate. Rose petals. His date DAPHNE, 24, Data Analyst, watches in delight as Stunning Steve oils up his muscles.

JULIE FORLETTA
Tonight, you defend your CGC World Title against Jon Jetson...
 but it seems like you might have other things on your mind.

STEVE DECOLT
When I was sixteen years old, I vowed to never again try the impossible 
task of trying to juggle multiple dates on Valentine's Day... but Jon 
Jetson has made me break that vow. After what he did to Ed Monton, 
and what he tried to do to my brothers, I couldn't pass up chance
 to kick his ass all over DeColt Country. But don't get too excited,
Jetson. Usually Stunning Steve likes to take it slow, but you don't
deserve that. I'm gonna hit it and quit it and get back to my real
Valentine's main event. 

DAPHNE looks thrilled. 

SWITCHBLADE MIKE VS ALEX DECOLT
image.jpeg.64404e9348ed92d3cff9c9e16cf60483.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.5b08f77db46c41caebfc7f6b9195f5c0.jpeg

Jerome Turner "We haven't seen Alex since Eric Tyler's student unmasked himself to be a man by the name of Dan DaLay. Alex certainly seemed afraid. "

Alex struts his stuff with feats of strength and punching, but his head isn't in the game, constantly looking over his shoulder. Switchblade kneecaps him and starts shaking him down, but when the going gets tough, Alex gets going. Pretty Powerslam. Smooth Driving Elbow. He applies the Iron Claw, sending Mike down to his knees for increased leverage, and Mike taps!

ALEX DECOLT WINS (5:30)

Victorious, Alex DeColt celebrates, finally relaxing when-

image.jpeg.ab379034da00eb33ea448f6306cf34cd.jpeg

DAN DALAY appears behind him and starts giving him a massive wedgie! He's so big and strong he lifts the 6'5 Alex off of his feet.

image.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpegimage.jpeg.be79488a5a32803b8ce3a2f39df0c700.jpegimage.jpeg.5ea089c355fed3892e1ef23607641fe8.jpeg

Referee Andy Gordy and Security attempt to get involved, but ERIC TYLER and the Soldiers of Fortune; CHANCE and FATE hold them back. DaLay's looking to make the wedgie go atomic.

image.jpeg.f6e028f522e024aa95123b77789e1c27.jpegimage.jpeg.02a172501a213a986d1bfc350546a10f.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT and JACK DECOLT sprint towards the ring. The Soldiers immediately retreat, and Tyler advises his student to leave too. DaLay listens. Fired up Jack grabs a microphone while Steve goes to his brother's aid. Alex is curled up in a ball, humiliated. 

JACK DECOLT
You want to fight? Come on then! We'll take you all on!

ERIC TYLER
We're not here to fight, Jack. We're here to teach. Teach the
world what the DeColts really are. Steve the scoundrel. Alex
the cowardly loser. It breaks my heart to see you stuck with
them, Jack. You're not like them. Your degenerate father has
led your brothers astray but there's still hope for you. Join me.
Enroll in my School of Tradition. Let me teach you how to be 
the best version of yourself. 

Steve takes the microphone from Jack.

STEVE DECOLT
You want to teach us a lesson? We're right here. Let's do it! 
I don't care how many of you there are. You mess with one
DeColt you mess with us all!

ERIC TYLER
As satisfying as that would be, Steve, unlike you I have respect for the 
traditions and sanctity of the CGC World Title. I'd hate to give you 
any excuse not to show up for your match tonight. But don't worry, 
we'll be seeing you all again real soon. A good educator never
 gives up on a student.

The School of Tradition leave as Jack helps Alex up. 

UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS

Saturday Week 3 February - CGC Live! in Medicine Hat, Alberta
Sunday Week 3 February - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Calgary, Alberta
Friday Week 4 February - CGC Live! Prince George, British Columbia
Saturday Week 4 February - CGC Live! Quesnel, British Columbia
Saturday Week 1 March - CGC Live! Lloydminster, Alberta
Sunday Week 1 March - TITLE BOUT WRESTLING in Edmonton, Alberta
- - - - - - - 
Sunday Week 4 March - THE DECOLT WRESTLEFESTIVAL in Red Deer, Alberta

BARRY BOWEN
Suspension couldn't stop me! Steve Flash couldn't stop me!
 I can't be stopped! There's a Runaway Train coming to Medicine
Hat! A dumb town with a dumb name! This Saturday! Just 
someone try to stop me. 

VALENTINE'S BATTLE ROYAL

BATTERING LAMB - BIFF THE BRUISER - BLACK SHEEP - BOB CASEY - CHRISTOPHER HART

image.jpeg.916e3377bd9d82d7a16d6eaf75cfdeff.jpegimage.jpeg.8c56eb6db3694fcad885e8bee8ff7d3e.jpegimage.jpeg.bbc539d7824b421c46f7225795b2ac26.jpegimage.jpeg.ca883e875fda3753367b421e7568126e.jpegimage.jpeg.b22af1d814d1e523ed4232fa1232e2db.jpeg

CONDOR - DIRTY FRANK - JAKE SLOAN - JOHN McCLEAN  - LAND MASS

image.jpeg.04141076ab05bec9f9619dbec8dded5c.jpegimage.jpeg.d61b79c502eca0aa08c2b47aa044b84c.jpegimage.jpeg.bbb200851ca01e7a5439d9de2fbfc920.jpegimage.jpeg.785df404eb0e5c5e4f6d0e20b1ddd67e.jpegimage.jpeg.3a8200f7e8ef2e725c0d2156fec3b940.jpeg

MAMMOTH - MARIO HEROIC - MOOSE MULDER - TED MOORE - TEMPEST APPLEBY

image.jpeg.75bb201a4551f9900c2dda12409f7290.jpegimage.jpeg.6c7b035ac7a3be714040ffd7b6817b2e.jpegimage.jpeg.3a044ce2d008cb6bd91c9b874509b9b8.jpegimage.jpeg.a7ede119b4993438149f84a220f5ea75.jpegimage.jpeg.f16b3e6dc96e91c375780bdff4f98827.jpeg

image.jpeg.4f264f48d055b801cf044b920e667567.jpeg

Fifteen men have gathered in the ring, but HELEN WHEELS has something to say.

HELEN WHEELS
Listen up, dweebs. One of you is about to hit the jackpot this
 Valentine's Day. The winner of this Battle Royal gets the
 ultimate prize. They get to spend Valentine's Day with me. 

Muttering and mummering in the ring, whispered discussions. Black Sheep hops over the top rope, eliminating himself (Elimination 1).  

HELEN WHEELS
What? I... um... Yeah, you'd better run. That goes for the rest of
 you pipsqueaks and shrimps. There's no way you're going to be
 man enough to get past my Land Mass and Mammoth. It takes
 a real man to impress me. 

John McCLean somehow has his own microphone. 

JOHN McCLEAN
My lady, I must protest. You shouldn't have to demean yourself 
like this. Instead of letting all of the filthy, sweaty wretches fight
 it out, how about we go out tonight. I know a wonderful restaurant
 nearby, and-

Black Sheep gets back into the ring and throws McClean over the top rope (Elimination 2). He crashes to the floor, spluttering and stumbling at Helen's feet. Black Sheep re-eliminates himself. 

HELEN WHEELS
Ugh! Just start fighting over me! 

The thirteen remaining men throw hands in absolute chaos. Everyone punches everyone... except for Frank, who smells so bad no one wants to go near him. Biff bashes Bob Casey out (Elimination 3) while Moose does the same to Christopher Hart (Elimination 4). The big brawlers lock eyes and start swinging with reckless abandon until a wild Lariat from Biff sends both himself and Moose over the top and out to the floor (Elimination 5 & 6).

Helen Wheels "Shame. Those were two of the only real men in the match."

Land Mass and Mammoth use their tremendous size advantage to dominate. Ted Moore foolishly tries to body slam Land Mass, and gets easily tossed for his efforts (Elimination 7). Seeing the need for teamwork, Jake Sloan bands his fellow smaller wrestlers together, and they all attack Land Mass together and slooooowly heave him over the top (Elimination 8).

Helen Wheels "They can't do that! This is every man for himself. They should be fighting over meeeeee."

Mammoth is enraged, wading into the fray and launching Tempest, Mario, and Condor out of the ring (Elimination 9, 10 & 11). He charges at Jake Sloan, but the undersized underdog curls into a ball and Mammoth tumbles out himself (Elimination 12). Jake celebrates, but gets blindsided by Dirty Frank (Elimination 13) and it's down to two. Dirty Frank vs Battering Lamb. Clothes peg on nose, Battering Lamb battering rams his filthy opponent and muscles him onto his shoulders.

Helen Wheels "You know what, this will do nicely. GO ON BIG BOY!" 

Hearing Helen's screech, Battering Lamb pauses. He looks at his potential prize, then notices Black Sheep in the crowd, offering an alternate option of a 6-pack of beer, a bag of 'premium grass', and a box of chocolates he's clearly stolen from Helen. Battering Lamb makes his choice, dropping Frank and eliminating himself. 

DIRTY FRANK "WINS" (7:42)

Jerome Turner "Looks like you've found your Prince Charming for the night. Congratulations."
Helen Wheels "Shut it, dweeb. There's no way I'm going out with... I'm getting out of here."

Sweating and farting, Dirty Frank approaches his date. Helen tries to roller-skate away, but her path is blocked by Jake Sloan and the other cruiserweights, and Frank gives her a big, moist hug. Helen screams.

STREET

A man in an expensive Italian suit walks down a picturesque Italian street. He's surrounded by friends, laughing, joking. It's a lovely day for a pleasant stroll.

A car pulls over,  going through a puddle that splashes water on the man's shoes. Everyone freezes. Terrified of what the man's going to-

image.jpeg.d6395d2d32fc928980e45f3dd0381ef6.jpeg

ROCKY PSYCHO snaps. He hurls a nearby garbage can through the car's back window. The driver gets out, but before he can start yelling Rocky is already hammering him with punches! The driver's wife and children scream as Rocky tries to slam the car door on his head and Rocky's friends try to pry him away.

Rocky Psycho is coming to CGC

HOLLYWOOD JOHNNY MAVERICK VS EDDIE CHANDLER
image.jpeg.1f214c92cc9b23a9f6b988a9007a3c80.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.ef5eb0046a836bd858a851642c2a9d31.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Both of these two youngsters have had a poor start to 1997. They're looking to turn it around."

Eddie has pluck and vigor but Maverick plays by his own rules, taking him to the mat and looking for a star-making submission. Eddie proves slippery, frustrating Maverick and hitting a fabulous dropkick! They pull out all the stops! Chandler escapes an arm bar! Maverick kicks out of a Backcracker!

image.jpeg.fe822cdfe120d78b5f2ac2a02f5e9582.jpeg

ERIC TYLER appears on the ramp, watching the contest with interest. Not that the fighters notice. They only have eyes for each other, even as Eddie's running crossbody sends both flying over the top rope and crashing out to the floor. Referee Andy Gordy starts counting them out, and Eddie and Maverick are too distracted fighting each other to get back in the ring.

DOUBLE COUNT OUT (5:43)

Security separate the two combatants, as Eric Tyler makes some notes and leaves.

Jerome Turner "They may have failed to get the win, but it seems one of them has grabbed Tyler's interest."

FRENCHIE'S FIVE

image.jpeg.305be160e869b19d4f3b8755025981f1.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Love is in ze air on Valentine's Day, but who do ze ladies love
 in Canadian Golden Combat? We asked ze crowd who they
 think is ze sexiest.

image.thumb.png.d2e186128ec5b29f24531c4b41739904.png

FRENCHIE MARCEL
No love for Alex DeColt? Last Valentines Day zey thought he was
 adorable! How ze worm has turned-

image.jpeg.b5003887190b32e2b84e9649cb26b8ac.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN
Is this a joke? Black Sheep makes it onto the list and I don't???
He's a disgusting animal! First he costs me a date and
 now this? He must have cheated! I demand a recount!

CGC WORLD TITLE MATCH

image.png.416e6846d49cefbb4e0523aa2462ccd0.png

/w Roger Rogers JON JETSON VS STEVE DECOLT /w Daphne
image.jpeg.d5a640bbbb2d653b42bd034e41f6dc9b.jpegimage.jpeg.cd391fcf898b5b16bffde90efca20ad4.jpegimage.jpeg.bd3da741ab1ac165cb6af0648cf87b61.jpegimage.jpeg.fedbeb08da9000620ce7731717bc79de.jpegimage.jpeg.cbcb23bebe5053216095638d0e6b939f.jpeg

Jerome Turner "A big opportunity for Jetson. Sometimes being a scumbag pays off, when you draw the ire of the CGC World Champion."

Steve struts his stuff early, overpowering the bigger man with a body slams and stretching him over his knee with a backbreaker hold. His date is delighted, especially when he hits a Daph-Knee Breaker just for her. All the while, Rogers is repeatedly trying to distract from ringside. Yelling. Criticizing the referee. Even throwing a shoe. Steve finally confronts him when he scolds Daphne about her outfit, allowing Jetson to attack from behind and start imposing his will on the Champion.

Steve won't go down without a fight, kicking out of a Side Slam and powering out of a Full Nelson. Frustrated at the Champion's resilience, Jetson pulls out a steel chain, but a DeColt Thrust (Double Handed Throat Thrust) stuns him and sends it flying outside. Steve fires back. Powerful Punches! Luscious Lariat! Jetson tries the Slingshot Suplex, but it's countered into a Sexy Slam! Outside, Rogers tries to gather the fallen chain and-

image.jpeg.7037092c5d26c7a573be8e1536e2db66.jpeg

ED MONTON starts wheeling Rogers away from the ring. Rogers throws a tantrum, but Jetson’s got troubles of his own. Running Bulldog! Iron Claw! A few Gorgeous Gyrations add extra torque, and Jetson taps!

STEVE DECOLT RETAINS (11:36)

Steve celebrates with his date, as Rogers continues to throw a tantrum. 

BARRY BOWEN appears in the entrance way, staring a hole in the CGC World Champion. 

image.jpeg.3edd23f9e6d83ced958d89a34851815a.jpeg

• Like 3

image.jpeg.d6cbecc7845e5ce7a795ea903efee41a.jpeg

SUNDAY WEEK 2 FEBRUARY 1997
Langley Civic Centre, British Columbia (788 in attendance)
Broadcast on Alberta On Air (3,325) and BCB (3,243). Combined Rating <0.01

• Steve DeColt Interview   47
  • SWITCHBLADE MIKE VS ALEX DECOLT   45
  • School of Tradition Confront Alex   57
  • Upcoming Events with Bowen   52
  • Helen announces the prize   36
  • VALENTINE'S BATTLE ROYAL   38
  • Rocky Psycho Vignette   27
  • HOLLYWOOD MAVERICK VS EDDIE CHANDLER    51
  • Frenchie's Five: Sex Appeal   31
  • JON JETSON VS STEVE DECOLT   57
  • Post Match Stare Down   53
  • FINAL SHOW RATING   56

I enjoyed doing the different graphics for this one. Turns out I do have an opinion on what I think the CGC title belts should look like. I'll add the new belts as they appear. Takes more photoshop, given the text involved. 

A show where everyone held up their end. Jetson did fine in his singles main event, although it can be argued fighting Steve DeColt is easy-mode. Switchblade Mike has his flaws, but if you keep it under 6 minutes he does well. Maverick & Chandler far exceeeded expectations. I asked them to go all out and it didn't backfire as it normally would when you ask a couple of 22 years olds to do more moves. 

XMultiGames predicted Ed Monton's involvement in the main event, but questioned whether interference was a babyface thing to do. I think it is... if the babyface is evening the odds. Fixing injustice. Heels hate it when the odds are even.

Lots of main event predictions for the Valentine's Battle Royal. I guess I don't see Helen Wheels are that desirable a prize. Looks aren't everything. Eagled-eyed readers may have noticed the TV debut of a young Tempest Appleby in the battle royal. Local kid. Hired primarily to work house shows around Vancouver. Seems decent enough, and with Canadian Dragon recovering from surgery I needed another warm body to feed to Mammoth. 

Next Time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC Canadian Title Match: Xander Robinson vs Dan DaLay
Land Mass vs Jake Sloan
No.1 Contender Match: Barry Bowen vs Ed Monton vs Eric Tyler vs Howling Dog vs Jon Jetson vs Steve Flash
... and the debut of Rocky Psycho

• Like 4

-I don't know the 97 Mod well, but name I recognize defeats name I don't most of the time.

Land Mass vs Jake Sloan
-Sloan seems to be okay, but I like the name I've heard of (again).

No.1 Contender Match: Barry Bowen vs Ed Monton vs Eric Tyler vs Howling Dog vs Jon Jetson vs Steve Flash
-They did the stare down thing, Bowen vs DeColt is probably happening soon.

... and the debut of Rocky Psycho
-Not sure which part to bold to say I think Rocky gets angry and loses by DQ.

• Like 1

Last show was great man! The way you paint your characters makes it such an enjoyable read.

I don't think the wholesome DeColt's are the type to cause DaLay to lose, and it's far too early in his run to have him see defeat.

Land Mass vs Jake Sloan

Don't know Jake Sloan but I'm just not a fan of guys who are giant useless lumps without much else happening character wise, so I'm picking against that more than for Jake.

It seems a slam dunk for Runaway Train to challenge which is why I think there's a little swerve coming. I have really been enjoying Tyler's promos as the Principal of the School and with his interaction with the DeColt's on the last show I can see him sliding his way to a title match. Brains out-do brawn this time, maybe. But I'm not entirely confident in that 

• Like 1