CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

CGC Bubbleweight Title: Jake Sloan vs Helen Wheels - Feels too early
Dan DaLay & John McClean vs Jack & Alex DeColt - Bad night for the School
Rash Reilly & Frankie Flame vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick - future Elite beat the Lackeys

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC Bubbleweight Title: Jake Sloan vs Helen Wheels
I imagine Helen's very un-bubbleweight clients will help her hold onto the belt for a little while
Dan DaLay & John McClean vs Jack & Alex DeColt
This is DeColt country!
Rash Reilly & Frankie Flame vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick
Could definitely see it going the other way through shenanigans, but Chandler & Maverick feel like bigger names at this point

7 hours ago, Temes1066 said:

By the way, what has happened to Jon Jetson?

My original plan was to finish him up at WrestleFestival (in canon I think he leaves CGC in December '96) but for now he's still with the company. He has his good qualities. A solid experienced heel with size. However, he's also kind of expensive and comes with more travel costs than most. It's possible you'll never see him again, or he could show up next week.

While on the subject, here are some other bits of roster news...

Brys Turcotte has finished up. Really, I only brought him in to work WrestleFestival and a few Live event shots. Unlike his tag team partner, he isn't local, and despite Brys being a solid, dependable guy, that's not worth the plane fare from Halifax. If Nelson ever needs to work a tag match, I have his number.

Similarly, Andy Gordy is a solid referee, but lives too far away and isn't worth the travel expenses. Noel Madden just debuted, and he lives in Calgary. Financially it made more sense to use him.

Xander Robinson is in the final month of his contract, and I'm probably not going to resign him. I don't have room to push him right now, but he's far too talented to just be a job guy. Like, outrageously talented. So good. He needs to disappear and return in 6-8 months with a fresh coat of paint and be a force to be reckoned with. 

Switchblade Mike is in a similar boat. I tested some ideas on Live Events, but the chemistry wasn't there. He has a good thing going in DAVE, so I'm tempted to let his contract expire and see how things look further down the line. I have enough big, musclehead projects to develop.

Finally, Bob Casey is the quintessential job guy... but he's not local, and it's hard to argue he's worth the travel expenses when I have a growing number of cheap youngsters at home. 

I could easily see myself reversing any of these decisions at a moment's notice, but my roster is getting a bit big. 

• Like 5

-I foresee some shenanigans here. Hopefully this story is over quickly though.

-McClean is the difference here. Jack & Alex are big stars; DaLay is probably on his way up, John seems like a midcarder.

-I think the School needs the momentum, but I could see this one going either way.

I got five bucks says this story ends with Helen getting splashed by Mass Ass

CHICANERY

NON VILLAINOUS CHICANERY

Edited by Pteroid

Posted (edited)

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Helen Wheels may have bitten off more than she can chew when she interfered with the new CGC Bubbleweight Title. She stole the belt. Tonight she has to defend it. But first, Eric Tyler believes he knows what's best for the youth of CGC, but that will be put to the test in two tag team matches between some of Canada's fastest rising young stars."

image.jpeg

FRANKIE FLAME & RASH REILLY VS EDDIE CHANDLER & JOHNNY MAVERICK
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Reilly and Flame are being personally tutored by Eric Tyler, while Eddie and Johnny turned down the exact same offer. Who will come out on top?"

Eddie and Johnny are eager to work together, but struggle to get on the same page, screwing up simple double teams. That's not a problem for the Students, who have been studying the same Eric Tyler playbook of choking, biting, and distracting the referee. Eddie unleashes a spirited flurry of forearms and a fabulous dropkick, but Johnny won't give up the spotlight and Eddie tries to call for a double team in French. It doesn't go well, and the Students take advantage. Pit Stain (Diving Reverse DDT)! Skid Mark (Flying Double Knee Drop)! 1... 2... 3!

FLAME & RASH WIN (7:23)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

ERIC TYLER is pleased, accompanied by a beaming JOHN McCLEAN and a glowering DAN DALAY.

ERIC TYLER
Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick could have sat under my
 learning tree, but instead they're staring up at the lights.
 The path to success begins with a proper education,
 and you can only get that in the School of Tradition.

JOHN McCLEAN
Wonderfully put, Mr. Tyler. And let me just say on behalf of all 
of us; Thank You. Thank you for giving so much of yourself to
 teach us, and on a personal note, thank you for selecting me
 to fight in tonight's main event. I've always dreamed of finding
 a mentor, and knowing that you have this much faith in me 
so soon into our relationship fills my heart with joy. I will
make those degenerate DeColts pay for the disrespect they
 showed us- Showed YOU last week. 

ERIC TYLER
You better had. The DeColts need to be put in their place.
 No more screws up. And no more running.

Tyler glares at DaLay. 

image.jpeg

NELSON BLAIS VS CANADIAN DRAGON

Jerome Turner "These two will be paying close attention to the first ever CGC Bubbleweight Title defense, later tonight."

Arm Drags! Dropkicks! Running! Running! Running! Blais manages to ground his target for a military grade beatdown, until the Dragon roars to life, scorching the ring with a fiery comeback. He takes to the skies and- Anti Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent)! Blais shot him out of the sky! 1... 2... 3!

NELSON BLAIS WINS (6:12)

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last night the stars of CGC were at the Revelstoke Forum. Here's what you missed."

BIFF THE BRUISER lays down and lets TED MOORE pin him, in the hopes he'll lose the Poor Widdle Baby Title. No luck. Referee Francis Long gives him back the belt as Moore celebrates. 

Rogers Rogers distracts ED MONTON just long enough for him to get run over by the Train Wreck (High Velocity Shoulder Tackle)! Powerbomb! 1... 2... 3! BARRY BOWEN wins.

image.jpeg

IN-RING

image.jpegimage.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN paces in the ring. Through the coordinated efforts of several members of ringside Security, and a few jabs with a pointy stick, wheelchair-bound ROGER ROGERS joins him.

ROGER ROGERS
How can you deny this man? This hero! This knight in shining armour!
The CGC Matchmaking Committee may try to hold him down to protect
 their golden boy, but I'm here to cut through that red tape. With my
 brains and his brawn we are an unstoppable duo, and Steve DeColt 
is going to hear all about it. 

BARRY BOWEN 
No more running, pretty boy! No more hiding! I want the CGC 
World Title! And I'm not waitin' any longer. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT struts to the ring with HARMONY (25, beauty technician) on his arm.  

STEVE DECOLT
Who's running, Bowen? Who's hiding? I've been right here
 this whole time taking on every challenger that comes my way.
 Where have you been? You huff and you puff but every time
 you say you're pulling into my station, you get suspended. Or 
disqualified. Or fall out of the ring. There's no conspiracy here.
 No one's holding you back. The only person stopping you from
scoring a date with Stunning Steve is you. Maybe because you 
know you're not man enough to take me.

Bowen is immediately in Steve's face, as Rogers tries to maneuver himself between them. 

ROGER ROGERS
Don't fall for it, Barry. This is just what he wants. I bet his Dad 
is back there waiting for any excuse to suspend you.

BARRY BOWEN
That right, boy? That how you're gonna beat me? Go running 
to your Daddy? That's all you've got, aint it? Daddy's trunks.
 Daddy's catchphrases. What about that hussy on your arm?
 Another George DeColt hand-me-down?

STEVE DECOLT
This "hussy" has more chance of pinning me down than you
 ever do.

Bowen chuckles... and tackles Steve to the ground, but the Champion won't go down without a fight. Fists fly as Harmony flees to safety and Rogers shrieks for Security, who flood in to separate the two fighters. 

image.jpeg

CGC BUBBLEWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
 image.png
JAKE SLOAN VS HELEN WHEELS /w Land Mass & Mammoth
image.pngimage.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "If Helen Wheels wants to wear that belt, she'll have no choice but to defend it."

Helen avoids the fight by roller-skating around the ring, until Jake trips her, takes off her skates, and puts her across his knee for a spanking. Mammoth manages a cheap shot behind the referee's back, and Helen attacks with a surprising fury, but can't keep Sloan down for the count, so she feigns an injury to distract the referee and summons her giants to finish the job. Sloan avoids Mammoth's Running Splash! He dodges Land Mass's Corner Avalanche! Referee Andy Gordy ushers the big men out of the ring, which allows Helen to bash Jake over the head with a roller skate for the 1... 2... 3! 

HELEN WHEELS WINS (5:53)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL interviews HOWLING DOG.

HOWLING DOG
The tomahawk that Rocky Psycho has stolen is no toy. it is a
 sacred totem of my people, capable of opening up the skies to 
bring great wonder, or in the wrong hands, great woe. I will 
not let it remain in Rocky Psycho's possession. I will be as the 
sled dogs of my village. Tenacious and persistent. I will return the 
tomahawk to my people, and Rocky Psycho will suffer for this 
insult.

FRENCHIE MARCEL
Ze Tomahawk is full of magic and wonder... but what are 
ze most magical objects in CGC history?

image.png

image.jpeg

BIFF THE BRUISER
Hold up. What did that just say???

image.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Saturday Week 1 May - CGC Live! Fort McMurray, Alberta
Sunday Week 1 May - Title Bout Wrestling in Edmonton, Alberta
Saturday Week 2 May - CGC Live! Smithers Bulkly, British Columbia
Saturday Week 3  May - CGC Live! Powell River, British Columbia
Sunday Week 3 May - Title Bout Wrestling in Langley, British Columbia
Saturday Week 4 May - CGC Live! Kamloops, British Columbia

image.jpeg

/w Eric Tyler
DAN DALAY & JOHN McCLEAN
ALEX & JACK DECOLT

Jerome Turner "Eric Tyler's students came out on top earlier tonight. Can they make it a clean sweep?"

McClean is eager to impress, but Alex bullies him around the ring with wedgies and nipple twisters, trying to get under DaLay's skin. It works. DaLay repeatedly loses his cool, getting in trouble with the referee and allowing his partner to fall victim to classic Calgary Wolverines double teams. Double Hip Toss! Hard Double Whip to the Buckles! 

DaLay finally turns the table with a handful of Jack's hair, and tries to get under Alex's skin with the same bullying tactics. It doesn't work. Alex is unfazed and Jack counters a wedgie with an Olympic takedown! Alex tags in and DaLay bails out, leaving his partner to suffer every single Powerful Punch, Pretty Powerslam, and Smooth Driving Elbow! 

Tyler orders DaLay to get back in the fight, and he manages to blindside Alex with a Big Boot and overpower Jack with a big throw, before Alex tackles him out of the ring and they brawl into the crowd. McClean has Jack all to himself. He's thrilled... but wants to make sure Tyler is looking before hitting the final blow. Tyler's watching the brawl, so he waits. And waits. And- Jack with the Iron Claw! Eric Tyler finally turns back to the ring to see his Student screaming in pain and tapping out!

ALEX & JACK DECOLT WIN (10:50)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS is with ROGER ROGERS and BARRY BOWEN. 

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Ladies and Gentlemen, next week's Title Bout is going
to be a big one. At the request of the champion and passing
with a unanimous vote, Steve DeColt will defend the CGC
World Title against Barry Bowen.

ROGER ROGERS
You're a bad liar, Marks. I don't believe for one second that you 
voted for this, because this is the match that no one in power 
wants to see! The Committee have been trying to thwart him! 
Your golden boy's been running from him! Barry Bowen is all 
of your worst nightmares rolled into one, and now he has me
 to cut through the red tape and knock down the hoops and get 
him the big match he deserves. Next week, the Runaway Train
runs over Steve DeColt! 

image.jpeg

Edited by Self
  • Like 6

image.jpeg

SUNDAY WEEK 4 APRIL 1997
Calgary, Alberta (626 in attendance)
Broadcast on Alberta on Air (3,329) and BCB (3,332). Combined Rating <0.01

• Reilly & Flame vs Maverick & Chandler 37
  • School of Tradition Promo   46
  • NELSON BLAIS VS CANADIAN DRAGON   36  
  • Highlights from Revelstoke   55
  • Rogers, Bowen & Steve   57
  • JAKE SLOAN VS HELEN WHEELS  36
  • Howling Dog Promo   25
  • Frenchie's Five; Magic Items    38
  • DALAY & McCLEAN VS JACK & ALEX DECOLT   52
  • Rogers Promo   55
  • FINAL RATING 53

A little bit of the blind leading the blind in main event, with four inexperienced youngsters doing... fine. It was fine. Someone mentioned McClean being odd man out, and he was. Even though on paper he's the second best worker in the match, the crowd don't buy him as a main event guy. That's not his role. Ironically, in canon I think McClean ends up the most successful of all of them. At least globally. 

Also disappointing was the main promo segment of the night. Steve isn't the best talker, and neither is Roger Rogers. They're good, but noticeably a level below Eric Tyler & Alex DeColt. They do the job, but it's not a combination that will elevate a show with a weak main event.

Side note; When did Chris Jericho start using "learning tree" in his promos? I saw something on a newz site about him trademarking it and it gave me a chuckle.  

In financial news, we lost $9,387 this month. Perfectly acceptable for a growth period, and a month with no major live event and only three house shows. Good ticket sales. Cheap cards. The goal is to build Alberta a little more, expand into Saskatchewan, and up merchandising, before any big push to Medium size. If that happens accidentally (we only need a few BC pop points) so be it but I'm not going to hotshot things to rush it. Financially we're comfy, but can't afford to hire global megastars right now. 

image.jpeg

Next week, it's more Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC World Title: Barry Bowen vs Steve DeColt
Land Mass & Mammoth vs Jake Sloan & Moose Mulder
Nelson Blais vs Condor

• Like 5

Next week, it's more Title Bout Wrestling...

Could see Bowen taking the win, but this IS DeColt country
Feels like Helen will have her fun for a few weeks, then the babyfaces will find a way to get the Bubbleweight title off her
Nelson Blais vs Condor
You've mentioned being surprised at how over Condor was, so it might be time for a push?

Great show! Loved the Frenchie's Five with the magical artifacts. I also like the new School of Tradition, and I'm interested to see where the Dan DaLay/Tyler relationship is going.

- I know Bowen has been on a slow burn when most thought he'd be the first major contender ...I'm really not 100% convinced he's not winning the belt, but I'm not 100% confident in his ability to spearhead the company like I would be with (a sober) Eric Tyler.

- Helen Wheels up to no good.

Nelson Blais vs Condor

- Nice win for Blais last week but as mentioned, Condor is kind of a surprise package for you in the popularity stakes and I'm thinking a prime option for Bubbleweight champ after Helens' reign.

On 4/29/2024 at 12:23 AM, sonny912 said:

Are any of these magical artifacts gonna play a part in future storylines?

Probably.

This version of Frenchie's Five was kind of a last minute addition to the episode. Something to amuse myself while playing with the AI art generator and coming up with jokes and references, so don't read too deeply into them. I'm not foreshadowing some master plan. However, there's definitely some narrative potential to them. They exist in the universe, and could be used at a moment's notice. The tomahawk and Baby belt are already bouncing around. 

I like a bit of magic in wrestling. Well, part of me does. There will always be a wrestling purist in me who thinks it's dumb. But the other part of me loves that it's dumb. More undead wizards! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Self said:

Probably.

This version of Frenchie's Five was kind of a last minute addition to the episode. Something to amuse myself while playing with the AI art generator and coming up with jokes and references, so don't read too deeply into them. I'm not foreshadowing some master plan. However, there's definitely some narrative potential to them. They exist in the universe, and could be used at a moment's notice. The tomahawk and Baby belt are already bouncing around. 

I like a bit of magic in wrestling. Well, part of me does. There will always be a wrestling purist in me who thinks it's dumb. But the other part of me loves that it's dumb. More undead wizards! 

Like the soothsayer? I remember a cgc diary with a soothsayer as the big bad and the DeColts and stu Grayson going back in time thanks to a superkick. It was pretty wild.

11 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Like the soothsayer? I remember a cgc diary with a soothsayer as the big bad and the DeColts and stu Grayson going back in time thanks to a superkick. It was pretty wild.

Same writer. Self wrote that also. 

I tend to reread older diaries when I go on holidays and that's one of my favourites. 

Most of the old diaries on the forums have horrific formatting and code issues making them very tough to read. I had started to reformat that diary (Soothsayer v DeColts. It's called CGC: On with the Show) just for myself mostly. I could release it when it was finished if Self was okay with that. I think I have up to August or September year one complete. Was gonna do a few older ones that I consistently return to as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAVEFAN95 said:

Same writer. Self wrote that also. 

I tend to reread older diaries when I go on holidays and that's one of my favourites. 

Most of the old diaries on the forums have horrific formatting and code issues making them very tough to read. I had started to reformat that diary (Soothsayer v DeColts. It's called CGC: On with the Show) just for myself mostly. I could release it when it was finished if Self was okay with that. I think I have up to August or September year one complete. Was gonna do a few older ones that I consistently return to as well. 

That's something I thought about doing a little while ago. Either a reformatting or perhaps a full remastering, with all new AI art and some minor tweaks to the writing. I actually thought the entire project was lost when the forums underwent some changes and only found it again quite recently. I've been meaning to find a way to simply and quickly back it up to a PDF file, like I've done with my other projects. Just in case of another forum disaster. Losing the project really bummed me out for a while. 

If you've done any work to make it readable, I have no issues with you releasing that. I have my hands full right now as it is. 

2 hours ago, Self said:

That's something I thought about doing a little while ago. Either a reformatting or perhaps a full remastering, with all new AI art and some minor tweaks to the writing. I actually thought the entire project was lost when the forums underwent some changes and only found it again quite recently. I've been meaning to find a way to simply and quickly back it up to a PDF file, like I've done with my other projects. Just in case of another forum disaster. Losing the project really bummed me out for a while. 

If you've done any work to make it readable, I have no issues with you releasing that. I have my hands full right now as it is. 

I probably wouldn't release anything until it's fully done.

I can send it onto you if you'd like to see it and you can let me know if you are happy with it. 

Nelson Blais vs Condor

While we're looking through old Self diaries, does anyone have the old Harry Allen "Gunslinger" alt from the FCK days? I couldn't find FCK on the boards.

5 hours ago, alliegolem said:

Nelson Blais vs Condor

While we're looking through old Self diaries, does anyone have the old Harry Allen "Gunslinger" alt from the FCK days? I couldn't find FCK on the boards.

This one?

pIHoxY2Zw3OyYb6izBdDxppxbdYJ02n94HvZoQGZ

• Like 1

Yeah let's go with the champ retaining for now.

Wheels is a heel. She will do sneaky things to make sure her clients win. And if that's not on the table, they could squash the babyfaces between them.

Nelson Blais vs Condor

I think I'll just parrot what's been said about Condor gaining steam and go with'im.

Posted (edited)

image.png

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

STEVE DECOLT has the CGC World Title around his waist, and IMANI (25, DJ) on his arm. 

STEVE DECOLT
There have been delays, there have been derailments, but
 the Runaway Train is finally pulling into my station, looking
 to take this sweet, sweet belt from around my sweet, sweet 
waist. I'm not afraid. As big and mean as he is, when push 
comes to shove Barry Bowen always finds a way snatch defeat
 from the jaws of victory. Tonight, I'm going home with the 
belt. I'm going home with the girl. Barry Bowen's going home
 to play with his train set. 

image.jpeg

NELSON BLAIS VS CONDOR

Jerome Turner "These two veterans have emerged as early top contenders in the new CGC Bubbleweight division."

Arm Drags! Dropkicks! Running! Running! Running! Unable to keep up, Blais grabs a handful of mask and grounds his opponent for a military grade beatdown. Condor fights back with karate kicks and judo throws, but pauses to adjust his mask before attempting Flight of the Condor (Top Rope Splash) and gets shot out of the sky with the Anti-Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent)! 1... 2... 3. 

NELSON BLAIS WINS (6:10)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT is giddy with excitement, beside a stern WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS.

GEORGE DECOLT
Last year, my friends and family threw me the surprise party
 of a lifetime; In the Company of Legends. A night dedicated
 to yours truly, Gorgeous George, inducting me as the inaugural
 member of the CGC Hall of Legends with an night of amazing
 wrestling action in my honour. I enjoyed it so much that this year 
we're going to do it again. Only it's getting awful lonely sitting in 
the Hall of Legends all by myself, so this time I want someone else
 to be the guest of honour. It can only be one man; my fellow 
Calgary Wolverine, someone who helped me build this company
 from the very beginning; Whipper Spencer Marks. 

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
I am humbled by this honour, and mortified at what you have 
planned for the ceremony. Last year the entire city of Vancouver
 ran out of red carpets and dancing showgirls. 

GEORGE DECOLT
Leave the festivities to me, Whipper. All you have to worry about
 is the matches. Normally, you have to fight with the rest of the
 Matchmaking Committee to get your way, but on this night the 
golden notebook is in your hands. CGC is at your feet and the world
 is your oyster. Everyone watching is invited, one and all, to be 
In The Company of Legends. 

image.png

image.jpeg

ROCKY PSYCHO VS XANDER ROBINSON

Jerome Turner "Rocky still has the magic tomahawk in his possession, and he refuses to give Howling Dog a rematch."

Rocky's all smiles with elegant arm drags and fancy head scissors, but it only takes a few sharp knife edge chops before he snaps! No elegance. Nothing fancy. Punches. Headbutts. Stomps. Slice of Life (Spinning Headlock Elbow Drop)! 1. 2. 3.

ROCKY PSYCHO WINS (3:51)

Rocky tries to use the magical tomahawk to create a downpour... but only manages a couple of drops. Ringside Security start to get nervous and- 

image.jpeg

HOWLING DOG sprints to the ring, looking to fight! Rocky's waiting...

image.jpeg

... for the massive and muscular WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN to intercept the charging Dog. Big clothesline! Lumbering slam to the outside! Security rush to help and Rocky gets a microphone. 

ROCKY PSYCHO
Silly puppy. There will be no rematch. What's yours is mine now,
and I have a friend to watch my back. Arividerchi, puppy. 

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Didn't make the trip for Fort McMurray last night? Here's what you missed."

Pie eating champion MOOSE MULDER knocks out CHRISTOPHER HART with a Moose Punch and celebrates by eating a delicious pie. 

BLACK SHEEP steals the referee's watch and plants it on SWITCHBLADE MIKE. Mike gets caught with the goods, and Black Sheep rolls him up as he argues his innocence.

image.jpeg  image.jpeg
STEVE DECOLT celebrates his latest victory when BARRY BOWEN tries to jump him. The two fight before Security pull them apart.

Jerome Turner "Tensions are mounting. Excitement is brewing. Barry Bowen won't have to wait long. He gets his shot at the Champion tonight."

image.jpeg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Saturday Week 2 May - CGC Live! Smithers Bulkly, British Columbia
Saturday Week 3  May - CGC Live! Powell River, British Columbia
Sunday Week 3 May - Title Bout Wrestling in Langley, British Columbia
Saturday Week 4 May - CGC Live! Kamloops, British Columbia
Sunday Week 1 June - CGC Live! Medicine Hat, Alberta
Sunday Week 1 June - Title Bout Wrestling in Calgary, Alberta
Saturday Week 2 May - CGC Live! Grande Prairie, Alberta
Friday Week 3 June - In the Company of Legends. Vancouver, British Columbia

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JACK DECOLT
This Saturday I'm coming to the Smithers Fall Fair Grounds, where
 I get my hands on Mr. Tyler's new Students of Tradition. I bet Mr.
 Tyler's been teaching them all of his dirty tricks, but I'm going to 
work my hardest and try my best-est to make my family proud.

JOHN McCLEAN
Fat chance! The only person who's going to be proud is Mr. Tyler
when he finds out what his Students do to you ungrateful DeColts.

JACK DECOLT
Mr Tyler is a creep and a conman. He's just using you the same 
way he tried to use me.

JOHN McCLEAN
Mr Tyler is a great man. A visionary. The only mistake he ever 
made is seeing potential in a worthless ruffian like you. But he
 doesn't need you any more. He has me. And this Saturday at 
Smithers I'm going to show you the power of a proper education.

image.jpeg

/w Helen Wheels
LAND MASS & MAMMOTH
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
MOOSE MULDER & JAKE SLOAN

Jerome Turner "Not only did Helen's team cost Jake the Bubbleweight Title last week, they've also made an enemy of Moose in Pie Eating Contests all over Canada."

Helen roller skates around the ring with the CGC Bubbleweight Title, distracting Jake who gets squished and squashed. Eventually the undersized underdog manages to overcome the odds to make the tag and Moose unleashes some burly brawling! Pummel! Thump! Wallop! Left Hook! Right Hook! Mammoth and Moose fight over the Pie Eating trophy, which allows Helen to hit Sloan with a rollerstake. Ten Ton Avalanche (Corner Avalanche)! 1. 2. 3.

LAND MASS & MAMMOTH WIN (6:01)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ALEX DECOLT.

JULIE FORLETTA
Next week you finally get your rematch against Dan 
DaLay for the CGC Television Title. You had your choice
 of stipulation. Why have you chosen a Bullrope match?

ALEX DECOLT
Because the last three times we've faced off have all ended
 the same way, with Dan DaLay trying to run away with his tail 
between his legs. He's not going to run away from me this time,
 not when he's tied to ten feet of the finest rodeo bull rope 
money can buy. And on the other end, his worst nightmare. Me.
 Nowhere to run, Danny. Nowhere to hide. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

A number of CGC wrestlers are having a Tug O' War with the Bull Rope. They strain and struggle (Black Sheep mostly smokes) but the rope holds steady. That's one strong rope. 

ALEX DECOLT
This rope can keep a two tonne bull in place. It's going to have no
 problem keeping DaLay from running away with my belt.

image.jpeg

SCHOOL OF TRADITION CLASSROOM

image.jpegimage.jpeg

DAN DALAY sits on a stool, facing the corner, wearing a dunce cap. He is furious. ERIC TYLER stands over him.

ERIC TYLER
You're not on the playground any more, Daniel. You're not twice
 the size of everyone around you. Some of your opponents are 
going to be able to look you in the eye. They're going to fight 
back... and like it or not, Alex DeColt, that scrawny nerdy twerp 
you remember from school... he's one of them. You need to learn
 to take it. You need to learn to put him in his place. He's not the
 bully. You're the bully! You're a shark! When someone punches you
 on the nose you don't run for your life, you bite their whole hand 
off. Next week, in the Bullrope match, you're not stuck with
 Alex DeColt. He's stuck with you. Make him pay.

image.jpeg

FRENCHIE'S FIVE

image.jpeg

FRENCHIE MARCEL
We are moments away from ze CGC World Title match, but how
 did we get here? Who were ze previous World Champions?

image.png

image.jpeg

CGC WORLD TITLE MATCH
 image.png
/w Roger Rogers BARRY BOWEN VS STEVE DECOLT /w Imani

Jerome Turner "DeColt has been a fighting Champion since picking up the belt in November, but he's yet to cross paths with the Runaway Train."

Steve tries to strut his stuff, but Bowen is too strong to be overpowered and too big to be stretched across his knee. He does manage to delight his date with an Ima-Knee Lift, but a distraction from Rogers allows Bowen to change tracks, swapping power for punching and bludgeoning the Champion. 

The train has left the station, and with every mighty blow and forceful slam, Bowen picks up momentum, becoming more and more devastating by the second. Carrying Steve on his shoulder, he rams his cargo into the turnbuckles at increasingly alarming speeds... but Steve won't go down without a fight, kicking out of a high backdrop and escaping a Powerbomb. 

Powerful Punches... but Bowen keeps charging! Luscious Lariat... but Bowen won't stop! He charges right into a Sexy Slam, but immediately kicks out and counters a Running Bulldog by launching Steve over the top rope and out to the floor. 

Steve's dazed, but there's no time to recover. Not with a Runaway Train bearing down on him. The Train Wreck (High Velocity Shoulder Tackle) sends the Champion flying into the guardrail. He's helpless. Referee Francis Long starts counting, but Bowen can't resist one more Train Wre- Steve moves! Bowen crashes through the barricade, into the fans, getting tangled up in chairs. Steve crawls back into the ring at the count of 8 while Roger Rogers tries to help untangle his client. His wheelchair only gets in the way! Bowen is counted out!

STEVE DECOLT RETAINS (9:49)

Jerome Turner "A dominant performance from the challenger, but a single mistake ended up costing him."

Barry Bowen is furious as he watches Steve leave the ring, with Imani on one arm and the World Title on the other. In a fit of rage he shoves Imani aside, grabs Steve's head, and slams him face-first into the steel steps!

Blood.

Lots of blood. 

Steve's down, writhing on the floor, holding his face as security flood in to restrain Barry Bowen.

Jerome Turner "Oh no. This looks bad, folks. We need to get some help out here! Someone-"

image.jpeg

Edited by Self
  • Like 6

image.jpeg

• Steve DeColt Promo   67
  • NELSON BLAIS VS CONDOR    44
  • George DeColt Announces In the Company of Legends    72
  • ROCKY PSYCHO VS XANDER ROBINSON     32  
  • Fight over the Tomahawk   35
  • Highlights from Fort McMurray   52
  • Upcoming Events /w Jack & McClean   51
  • LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS JAKE SLOAN & MOOSE MULDER   40
  • Alex DeColt Bullrope Promo   66
  • Eric Tyler hypes up Dan DaLay    48
  • BARRY BOWEN VS STEVE DECOLT   67 
  • Post Match Attack   55
  • FINAL RATING   66

Best episode of TV in a while. Even kept fairly short, it was a strong main event bolstered by some solid promos. I've been down on Steve DeColt as a talker, but give him 2 minutes and a script and he'll nail it. He only suffers when paired with someone who hates scripts, like Alex. 

Historically, In the Company of Legends might be my least favorite CGC PPV. I've never fully grasped the concept, and it's the first one I cut when trimming my PPV calendars. However, I took that as a challenge this time, and think I like what I've come up with. I'm not looking for gimmicks to paint onto wrestling shows. I like the idea of legitimate events (carnival, hall of fame ceremony) that would be improved by having some wrestling on it. For a company without a pay per view deal, that already runs live events, that feels right to me as the 'special' shows. We'll see how long that lasts.

As a note, don't expect me to write a full Hall of Fame style speech recounting Whipper's career. I don't think I'm up to that task, and I don't think Whipper would enjoy delivering it. He's not a promo guy. Kinda cruel how often I make him talk. 

I've done something I never do in my private games. I've turned off repetitive booking penalties. I'm a huge fan of anything that punishes you for spamming the same matches over and over again, but booking good Live Event cards was becoming a chore, and realistically the show in Fort McMurray and the one in Revelstoke wouldn't need to be any different. Those towns are 11 hours apart. No fan is going to be at both. Since WrestleFestival, Live Event attendees have been able to enjoy...

• Ed Monton vs Barry Bown
  • Students of Tradition vs DeColts & Eddie Chandler (various combinations)
  • Biff the Bruiser vs Steve DeColt OR Ted Moore
  • Christopher Hart vs Moose Mulder (Hart recently moved local, so prime for training)

... plus Black Sheep, Bubbleweight action, and whatever match I need footage for TV. Plus, I'm always trying some new combination of tag team or manager. There's still some puzzling out to do with cards, but having a consistent, satisfying main event and keeping the DeColts in the ring with some relatively safe workers (and Dirty Frank) is nice. 

image.jpeg

Next week, on Title Bout Wrestling...

Bullrope Match for the CGC Television Title: Alex DeColt vs Dan DaLay
Frankie Flame & Rash Reilly vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick
Wolfgang Zimmerman vs Howling Dog

... plus Whipper Spencer Marks announces the first match for In the Company of Legends.

• Like 1