TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

Will people be able to be on the Inner Circle/Creative Team in more than one company?

Also, will people be able to have multiple roles, for example Senior Road Agent and Stooge?

Edited by Jason Phoenix
Added similar question.

Super excited for the announcement of IX, and the features revealed so far have not left me disappointed...

Love the sound of the creative energy, anything that adds layers to the booking I can get behind. My main question about this is that it is stated that you can store creative energy, is there limits to how much can be stored or a time limit on how long it can be stored for?

The locker room leaders also sounds interesting, look forward to seeing how it plays.

Although it may be a minor improvement in the grand scheme of things increasing the bankruptcy grace period for companies to 3 years could be a major game changer... And combined with been able to increase the number of indy shows will give the game world more opportunities to evolve with small companies lasting longer and giving them access to workers who are having regular matches through the indies.

Will there be an interface overhaul? 

All past TEW games have a very basic graphical style. The modders have proven that this can easily be improved so will we see a fresher/ more modern look or just the back to basics style we usually see? 

I dont think ive ever like the default skin for any version

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhett2000 said:

Please make it so when you move a child company title to the parent company move the champion to the parent company roster so the title doesn't get vacated that was one of the most annoying things in 2020 for me at least.

I have to agree with this, there have been many a-time during my AEW's conquest of the wrestling world that I wished I could move one of my 9 dev companies' titles w/champion up for a match or two/storyline like real world AEW/ROH

11 hours ago, ALinc said:

The ability to set Freebird Rule for Tag Titles. I know you can change partner to keep the same reign but doing so removes the title from the workers title history, so it’d be cool if we get a Freebird option or the title history saves

The freedom to move titles back and forth from developmental without the title becoming vacant

Seconded

I really like that. Before, there wasn't really a benefit to keeping long-term guys as Road Agent beyond doing it because it felt good. With this, it seems like now, there is a true benefit to keeping someone who has been in your company even if they are retired if only to keep them as a strong presence in your Locker Room.

I already know Angry Gilmore is going to be my main Locker Room Leader for a long time beyond retirement^^

• Like 1

The Day 2 news from the Developer's Journal sound much better than the Day 1 to me. But I'm still skeptic about how Creative Teams, Creative Energy... will work as I see other questions got quickly answered but there weren't any more explanations about this when there are a lot of questions and it was the most commented addition here.

2 minutes ago, newbiezness said:

The Day 2 news from the Developer's Journal sound much better than the Day 1 to me. But I'm still skeptic about how Creative Teams, Creative Energy... will work as I see other questions got quickly answered but there weren't any more explanations about this when there are a lot of questions and it was the most commented addition here.

Give the fella a chance tbf he only posted it 5 hours ago lol

• Like 4

Just now, Questlove said:

Give the fella a chance tbf he only posted it 5 hours ago lol

I said the day 2 news sound good to me, that's what was posted 5 hours ago. The Creative Teams thing was posted yesterday. I'm just saying other questions got quickly answered during the same period of time, just saying that I hope more details will be given soon. If there's no answer to our questions I'll try the beta anyway, that's all.

Some questions might not get answered either because they get missed (there are a lot of posts, it's fair) or that it might tie into something to be revealed later, I wouldn't be too worried if something you've asked doesn't get an answer right away. As you say, the beta will be there for you to try out anyway at the end of the month.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

relationships will tend to act as if they're on steroids

This scares me because it already felt like personalities and relationships were overtuned. I really don't want my whole creative team going to wrestler's court every single show.

Edited by D.W.

One thing I've been hoping for is multi-night shows being implemented. Don't want workers being upset because they weren't on Night 2 of a show even though they were on Night 1.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, D.W. said:

This scares me because it already felt like personalities and relationships were overtuned. I really don't want my whole creative team going to wrestler's court every single show.

I don't think relationships are overtuned. Look at AEW in real life where mixing booking & bad relationships did serious damage to the promotion and cost them their biggest star. In TEW it's pretty easy to just ignore bad relationships if your company is big enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ViperVenom said:

Will there be an interface overhaul? 

No, he literally said in the FAQ in the first post that this game is built off the same interface as 2020

This may or may not have been mentioned.  Lots of replies to awesome news!

Can there be some controls over which product is marketable?  As an example, I had this idea of a world where American pro wrestling came from Japan, with the whole premise being martial arts/MMA guys not wanting to get quite so beat up to make money (and burn out so fast), so it all came from those worked competitions coming back to America from WW2.  Only issue was, all of those types of Product are horrible for sponsorships.

Another thought I had was on the Dojo system.  As an example, I had primarily Hardcore workers come out of the BCG dojo.  If a dojo is owned by BCG it ought to be Brawler/Regular/Tech/Impactul 99% of the time with maybe a high flier junior/middleweight once in a while.  If I played USPW it should be mostly big beasts.  TCW should be training Regular/Brawlers at least 80% of the time.  It's what they do.  WLW would be mostly Tech/Flier/Tech-Flier. The randomness can make that aspect of the game a little less impactful on your promotion.

Even if these things are not addressed I am really looking forward to the new game!

Hey Adam, I'm really looking forward to seeing everything under the hood with this edition. I've been a consumer of yours since EWR 3.0. Will we now be able to close companies, retire, or kill characters using the in-game editor or narratives?

5 hours ago, ace1193 said:

Will we be able to have companies in China, Brazil etc more countries then just the main ones in game

If the regions are expanded, that will be saved as one of the announcements like with India in 2020. That's a big announcement for the dev journal

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ConcutioCaelum said:

If the regions are expanded, that will be saved as one of the announcements like with India in 2020. That's a big announcement for the dev journal

true never thought of it like this thx u

1 hour ago, DJAPoster said:

Soooo… does anyone already have a Stooge in mind? My boy Melvin Otto popped into my head as I was reading.

Their biggest star? I  forgot when Kenny Omega left. Unless you're talking about some  washed up has been from the mid-2000s.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Will people be able to be on the Inner Circle/Creative Team in more than one company?

Also, will people be able to have multiple roles, for example Senior Road Agent and Stooge?

Yes to all.

5 hours ago, Chaos Zarak said:

My main question about this is that it is stated that you can store creative energy, is there limits to how much can be stored or a time limit on how long it can be stored for?

There is a limit to how much you can stockpile but there's no restrictions on how long it can be stored.

• Like 7

This may be a stupid question but will everything be available in the beta? I know it’s only a month or so long, but will the editor and everything be available? I had a loooong save in 2020 where some generated workers actually did me well, so I’m thinking of creating them to use in the CVerse. Basically can I get my game ready in beta week is my question?