image.png

image.jpeg

Hi everyone. Lloyd here. It’s time for my next project… on the much anticipated TEW IX…

TCW: Succession

I’ve written a bunch of diaries here on the boards over the years… from memory: WWE/F (x 4 – including one historical Monday Night Wars one), 21CW (x2), RAW, SWF, NOTBPW vs CGC (x2)… I think that’s all of them… There are still a few companies I’ve never written for though…

When I start a diary, you can be assured that I have plenty of content already written out, and fully formatted… (3 episodes of TV so far complete for this)... I tend to also plan out the main storyline beats for around a years worth, and go from there… None of my diaries have been a flash in the pan, over in 3 shows, kind of work… I tend to stick at a project long-term after putting all the work in to develop picture packs, and finishing moves, etc…

Game Rules: I’ll go through these in my next post… but for now, welcome along...

-------------------------------------------------------

• Like 16

image.png

As promised, here are some ‘Game Rules’ I’ve set for myself…

Game Rules:

1.      NO new signings in the first three months – I’ll just be sticking to the TCW roster, until April 1st

2.      Can only sign FREE AGENTS in the first six months – In April to June, I can sign unemployed workers only…

3.      Only four signings per-year – In previous saves and diaries, I’ve been pretty free and loose with signing whoever I want, whenever I want. For this diary, I’m going to try and limit the people I sign, and keep the roster below 45 (which it’s currently at).

4.      Don’t bring everyone out of retirement – In my 21CW diary, I convinced UK Dragon, Leo Price, Clifford Wilson and Dan Stone Jr to come out of retirement. This was fun, don’t get me wrong, but I shouldn’t need to do that here. There’s so much talent already, and I shouldn’t need to… However a nostalgia run is always nice to do, so I could see myself doing it a little or for a one off match.

5.      Six Match PPVs – I’ve done this throughout my last few diaries. PPVs don’t need 10+ matches, so I stick to six, and go from there. On historic, season finales, I might stretch to seven… on shows with a Royal Rumble style match, I might drop to 5 or 4.

I think that's all the rules right now, but feel free to make some suggestions below...

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

• Like 13

So... fun story... around a week before the new game was announced, I began work on a TCW project...

I paired Freddy Huggins and Matt Hocking up (due to Matt's relationship with Laura Huggins)... So I was delighted to see they were a thing on TEW IX, and Tag Champs to boot...

Then, a few days before Malice In Wonderland, I get this:

image.jpeg

He didn't even have a match... He came onto the stage for a 2 minute promo... 0 matches so far in 2022. Oh Freddy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Even if there weren't any signings between the Big Three (USPW-SWF-TCE) in C-Verse 22 I think TCW is slightly better off than their rivals in this update. I still think there aren't enough substantial changes in the Big Three to justify an update and I don't know at this point if the 2 year update was just a excuse to justify the lack of work in the C-Verse in the new game in key areas like USA, women's wrestling, etc. I know I'm going off topic but I'm saying this because despite my hype for CV2022 is very limited by now, my hype for getting into one of your diaries from the beginning compensates this. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciate you all :)

image.png

I would love to thank a lot of people, but I know I'd miss some out...

I want to thank a few writers who have inspired me over the years. Some may not be on the boards anymore: @michgcs, @Self, and @Eisen-verse all spring to mind initially, but I've enjoyed countless others since I started, like @christmas_ape and @Historian, and collaborated with great guys like @Uncrewed... and a guy who isn't so great, @Togg (love you really mate)

Thanks also to everyone who’s ever read, commented, predicted, or nominated a diary or some work of mine over the years… Way too many to mention here, but @smw88, @KyTeran, @DAVEFAN95 and @Satyr24 popped up in my 21CW diary, and they all feel like they've been around for years and years! I write because I find it fun, and get to switch off from the stresses of real life, and I write because to me, it's the best way to play this wonderful game... but it would be dull if nobody predicted or commented, so thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow...

There’s a bunch of great AI renderers out there, and I’m sure you’ll see some of my guys change their look when I see some pics I prefer… The game looks so vibrant and fresh with AI renders, and I think the pics that came with the game, for the most part, are excellent representations of the Cverse renders we know and love…

Up next, I’ll be previewing the current storylines in TCW… and then getting started…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

image.png

Starting Storylines…

My Generation: Greg Gauge vs Jay Chord: TCW World Heavyweight Title

"In a battle of second generation megastars, the TCW World Heavyweight champion Jay Chord must defend against Greg Gauge. There was never a Rip Chord vs Sam Keith feud, so this is something of a dream match for old school fans!" I like both, so expect them to be a big part of this diary. Is it perhaps a little soon for Gauge to win the World Heavyweight Title? Or am I maybe thinking that it's soon for Chord to lose it? He's been Champ for almost 150 days, so I'd say that's a decent reign, and Gauge could be the man to stop him.

Big Dog vs Wolf: T-Bone Bright vs Wolf Hawkins

"T-Bone Bright became King Of Kings in November, only to have his victory ruined when Wolf Hawkins jumped him during the 'coronation', claiming that Bright was unworthy. The Big Dog now wants to prove his worth to Wolf in the best way possible - by beating him in front of a PPV audience." - A win on PPV over Wolf Hawkins would be HUGE for T-Bone Bright. I'm again not sure if it's a little soon for him, and rubbing shoulders with Wolf should give him enough of a 'rub' to not have him actually win. That said, I've made stranger decisions when booking and writing, so anything could happen here! T-Bone has been doing well so far!

Year Of Transition?: Aaron Andrews, Sammy Bach, ??? and ???

After winning his first TCW World Heavyweight Title in 2020, and then dropping it after an impressive 245 day reign four months ago, Sammy Bach will be eager to prove that 2021 wasn’t a one off. As for Aaron Andrews, he hasn’t held the Gold in almost two years, and seems to be a few rungs down the pecking order for a shot at Jay Chord’s Title. How will 2022 go for these two major stars? And who will they be closely linked to, for the first few months of this Year Of Transition?

Mighty Reign: Mighty Mo vs Flint Slater: TCW Television Title

"Mighty Mo's ascent to stardom began in December when he captured the Television title. His first contender? The fast-rising Flint Slater, who has promised to make Mo tap out and take the belt." - Both of these guys are fascinating projects. On one hand, Mo's push seems to have stalled as T-Bone and Gauge have leapfrogged him, and he's still also looking up at Ace and Bach. However, he does have a ton of talent, and could easily become the mega star TCW hoped he would be. Flint has come from out of nowhere, and a win here would make him probably my fourth most over heel, which is crazy? Bright future for both men for sure.

H2-Woah: Devine Fortune vs Freddy Huggins and Matt Hocking: TCW World Tag Team Titles

"H2-Woah are the reigning TCW World Tag Team champions and one of the hottest acts in the company. Now they must face off against their number one contenders; Devine Fortune!" Interesting note, I had Huggins and Hocking team up in some TEW 2020 run-throughs of my TCW idea… due to Hocking being with Freddy’s sister… They’re now married, so she’s Laura Hocking to me! (wrote this before Huggins' injury!!!! His surgery went well folks, he's only out for 10 months now! This 'feud' will probably be Hocking and Roderick Remus vs Devine Fortune. Still haven't decided who's going over at Malice In Wonderland!)

Doc Come Home: One Man Army, Human Arsenal and Doc Hammond

Doc Hammond is one of the longest serving members of Wolf Hawkins’ Syndicate stable. The veteran was a former enemy of the group though, alongside his best friend (One Man Army, formerly known as Guide). Now, One Man Army and Human Arsenal want Doc to ‘come home’ and leave the manipulative Wolf and his young proteges. But will Doc listen to reason? Or will he continue to do Wolf’s dirty work?

Up next, Preview and Predictions for the first episode of Total Wrestling…!!

• Like 11

Predictions for: TCW Total Wrestling - Tuesday, January 4th, 2022

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

Bart Biggins [vs] ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Greg Gauge [vs] Joshua Taylor

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond

Much like my previous works, I will be running a fun little Prediction Contest.

There's five shows every month, and to qualify for a PRIZE, you just need to predict on three of them.

Top Average Score for the month will win a... SMALL PRIZE...

Top score for the Pay-Per-View will also win a... SMALL PRIZE...

• Like 1

I have suggestion for a rule that you can take or leave or modify

BriCo demands end of the year roster cuts: Release 3-5 workers who are either over 40 or are not considered "marketable" in December. If releasing more than 3, you can sign 1-2 more Free Agents(Must be under 35)  between January and February. 

• Like 2

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MiykaelP said:

I have suggestion for a rule that you can take or leave or modify

BriCo demands end of the year roster cuts: Release 3-5 workers who are either over 40 or are not considered "marketable" in December. If releasing more than 3, you can sign 1-2 more Free Agents(Must be under 35)  between January and February. 

I don't mind that at all mate... :) I do like a yearly roster cull, so consider it DONE...

Having said that, I can see myself ditching a few 40+ guys throughout the year, so may move the date forward a little. We'll see ;) Thank you

• Like 1

The Bruisers are still up and coming, while The American Cobras are established.  Established team wins the opening contest of the year.

This is a tough one, because I like Bart Biggins.  But I think that the Stud is going to pick up the win as he moves up the card.

I don't know much about either of these guys.  But Slater has been treated like a star.  The star treatment continues.

This one could go back and forth in the ring.  Both of these guys have talent.  But I go with the second-generation wrestler here.

I'm probably wrong on this one, but I am picking the one that I want to win.  That one is the veteran Troy Tornado.

A very strong main event.  This one should, hopefully, get you a good grade.  In the end, Hawkins and Hammond get the win by cheating.  The Syndicate are very tough to beat.

This looks like a great one and I'm glad to get in here on the ground floor.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do a little more predicting on this one than I have in the past.

• Like 1

• Like 1

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

enjoyed your diaries over the years good luck and enjoy 

• Like 1

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

Bart Biggins [vs] ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Greg Gauge [vs] Joshua Taylor

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond

• Like 1

• Like 1

Flynn is a great character, Biggins more of a tag team guy

Gauge is set for the biggest storyline, the challenger can't lose

Q could benefit from a win but he's not there yet

Unexpected Main Event, I thought we wouldn't see Andrews and Hawkins in the same match so quick.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 1