EMLL: El Punto De Incursion

EMLL.jpg.1cbad13b2d934789a64b5b65005aae8b.jpg

EXTREMO MODERNO LUCHA LIBRE

“Set up by the legendary luchador El Bandido (a man whose name value alone made it easy to get investors), Extremo Moderno Lucha Libre are an attempt to do something a little different in order to capture a piece of the booming Mexican wrestling market. Although taking classic lucha libre as its base concept, EMLL does a few things a little differently; as well as introducing a 'dark fantasy' feel that is somewhere between a comic book and a horror movie, they have also completely abandoned tag team wrestling, instead making every show all about a series of head to head battles between individual wrestlers in the style of a beat 'em up video game. This brave new world of wrestling has, so far, fully captured the imagination of a small but dedicated fan base.”

That’s all well and good, in theory. In practice, EMLL is a Monterrey indie with huge buzz off of like 15 noteworthy matches in a decade and some really hokey storytelling. The bush-league production values, venues available, size, no broadcaster in sight mean this promotion was always on the “proof of concept” stage. El Bandido’s name attracted enough investors to mean the company would survive without amassing debt, but taking a decade to build a show that will draw 1000 people and maybe sell a DVD or upload a handheld on the internet is just not what an ambitious, forward-thinking promotion like EMLL preaches it is should be. 

Luckily, this is all about to change. 

2021 was a devastating year for Lucha Libre with the loss of OLLIE. The world’s oldest promotion would shut down under the crushing weight of debt and presence of EILL, leaving the scene reeling. But there was another interesting development- the hiring of Chess Maniac as EMLL Booker. This was a move that was clowned early on due to the fact many experienced hands had just become available (though some of them either walked from the business or rushed to sign with EILL), and the EMLL product was very stale in 2021 in general, both before and after Maniac’s hiring. But heading into 2022 the rumor mill begun spinning about “creative differences” but also “aggression” in terms of investing- EMLL saw the gap in the market share and decided it’d better fill the gap of OLLIE than wait solemnly to follow its fate. What and how it will happen remains anybody’s guess. El Bandido has not reached out for comments in the media, but we’re assuming the rumors are leaks to build excitement. Hopefully, this will be a big win for the ailing lucha scene, the only one in the world which regularly has world class talent unsigned by “name” promotions.

Let's begin this pivotal year. 

EMLL.jpg.915cdd06aca29210eee7d1ef402280be.jpg

EMLL_ClashOfTheMultiverse.jpg.2db306626268004c0b8fa05eb3269bd3.jpg

EMLL CLASH OF THE MULTIVERSE CARD 

MAIN EVENT - 2 out of 3 Falls: Demon King vs Guerrero Muerto 

Campeonato Del Mundo EMLL Match - No DQ

Death’s Head vs Samael The Accuser ©

Captain Lucha vs Snake King 

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs La Bestia Morada 

Boriken Love Machine Jr vs Dolphin Master 

Rey Soldado vs Time Master 

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

• Like 6

EMLL CLASH OF THE MULTIVERSE CARD 

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

• Like 1

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

• Like 1

Demon King > Guerrero Muerto

Big fan of Samael The Accuser, reminds me of my LAP diary. One of the few good things they did with C-Verse'22

Both of them are very good

Another good match

Boriken has a good story to develop

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

Chess Maniac is a fantastic character to have a big role in the diary

Hopefully you're going to get rid of EMLL's dark fantasy videogame 1vs1 shoot'em up paranoia! haha. There are fantastic workers and I don't want to anger the EMLL fan base but I think it's a waste of talent to use them for that product. I'm assuming that's the direction you'll take after reading the part of filling OLLIE's space. I like that you've chosen Mexico for your next diary.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

• Like 1

I've never played EMLL but I've always liked their concept. Glad to be along for the ride.

Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

• Like 1

MAIN EVENT - 2 out of 3 Falls: Demon King vs Guerrero MuertoKeeping the holder of the Ring of Life strong

Death's Head vs Samael The Accuser ©Samuel's not long into his reign

Captain Lucha vs Snake KingBoth major players but winding down their careers, I'm a bit Rudo heavy elsewhere so I'm going for the Captain

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs La Bestia Morada - Fantasma has more upside

Boriken Love Machine Jr vs Dolphin MasterBoriken's the better talent but Dolphin Master has a more important role

Rey Soldado vs Time Master - Caballero needs the win to establish himself

Chess Maniac vs Screamer - Keep the head booker happy

Really good first card mate, other than the opener all these matches could go either way

• Like 1

EMLL THE CLASH OF THE MULTIVERSE SHOW RESULTS

Held in: Monterrey 

CA: 1242

MATCH 1: Chess Maniac vs Screamer 

ChessManiac.jpg.39702c448f024ae768553d8163961f4f.jpg VS Screamer.jpg.ecf8ecba721bee366376dc8f3da6733e.jpg

The first match on the card was a fairly straightforward affair of Maniac basing for Screamer’s various springboard-based antics while also immediately coming up with counters whenever he would repeat a move to put over his evil strategic genius. The veteran seems to be in control for the second half of the match and it comes as a shock to everyone when the moment Screamer gets any separation, he nails the Scream Theme (Springboard Hurricanrana) for a 3.1 count and a huge win! 

Match Rating: 50 

MATCH 2: Rey Soldado vs Time Master 

ReySoldado.jpg.01965d24a25c7e0700f20fb8da328f1c.jpg VS CVFP_MaskedMale_065.jpg.ce96770f3cffd1e1c3ef84e6c48de560.jpg

This is a match that really belongs in the EMLL “Beef” division with both guys being relatively big and adept at power moves. This is also a feud that has been brewing for a while, though with the side-effect that they’ve been too busy messing with each other and neither man has gotten big wins. Both men slam and suplex each other and they take advantage of the trademark “no DQ outside the ring” unwritten rule to get some chairshots in, but there’s a feeling of unexplained coldness to the proceedings and the match just isn’t as good as it could have been. Soldado hits a big powerslam off the top rope to end the match after getting out of an avalanche Time’s Arrow (Fireman’s Carry Powerslam) first for the suspense of it all. 

Match Rating: 45 

SEGMENT 1: Time’s Up

A despondent yet calm Soldado addresses the fans saying he didn’t do his job properly. He wasn’t in the main event, he’s not the Campeon del Mundo, and he couldn’t avert what is coming. He says he hopes the power he amassed with this win will help him in what is to come, the unknown. 

Segment Rating: 42

MATCH 3: Boriken Love Machine Jr vs Dolphin Master 

BorikenLoveMachine.jpg.6d3803761590f2510ee7921d9f5d7ceb.jpg VS DolphinMaster.jpg.e43d50534df271d516c98cd23bf6066b.jpg

A bit of a pick me up from the downer that was the last few minutes, this is two formulas we’ve seen many times against other members of the roster than each other- Dolphin Master the desperate, honorable tecnico and Love Machine the bothered by the match itself, preoccupied with looking good rudo. Turns out, this obvious match pairs perfectly fine! They get less time than the first two matches but they use it to its full advantage, including a really surprising finish where Boriken manages to to deadlift Dolphin Master out of the Dolphinisher (Springboard Spear) into the Love Gun (Falling Side Slam) for the win! El Bandido points out on commentary that Boriken Love Machine Jr is truly entering his prime and he could be shaping EMLL in his beautiful, narcissistic image in the near future.

Match Rating: 50

SEGMENT 2: Whatever The Hell This Is 

Since EMLL only does singles matches, there’s an, uh, interesting way of mixing things up and adding lore of epic fights happening- get a green screen, set it to something vaguely dark or spacey, and have a bunch of luchadors have an all out brawl backstage in front of it! In this case Anarchist, El Hijo Del Vigilante, Noxious, Powerful Man and Tarantula are involved, and the fight seems neverending and its purpose unclear other than advancing their interests. 

Segment Rating: 34

MATCH 4: El Hijo Del Fantasma vs La Bestia Morada 

ElHijoDelFantasma.jpg.548265f61a29ca7a260589e897ab56a9.jpg VS LaBestiaMorada.jpg.695fb4af329760a4bedeeec0fc7470f4.jpg

El Hijo Del Fantasma is one of the most complete offensive performers in the company, good at everything in the way a modern TCW worker would be. Paired with Morada, a very beefy base who can dish back whatever pain he gets, this was easily the best match so far. Fantasma worked Morada’s back while Morada focused on making Fantasma bleed in a way that’s visible through his mask. They even got a puro-influenced strike exchange in which led to Fantasma playing possum for a second before getting the Ultimate Boston Crab locked in, a move that has never been escaped and gave him the huge win. 

Match Rating: 55

MATCH 5: Captain Lucha vs Snake King 

CaptainLucha.jpg.ee2535286c53cdf8e60575c08b40d349.jpg VS SnakeKing.jpg.1ef7637e15513a93751cb6a5ef67cea8.jpg

Two contenders for the Campeonato Del Mundo unofficially fighting it out for the title shot. Snake King is a very dirty fighter, but both men are more in the usual archetype of the modern luchador- technically minded high flyers. This was a very abridged match where both wanted a quick pin to get rid of each other, which led to more tricks than usual and more frustration on the part of Captain Lucha. But usually, this frustration leads to righteous vengeance, and Snake King got trapped by his hubris. Thunderous dropkicks, beautiful arm drags and a surprising shoot headbutt (that bruised Snake King’s eye socket) led to the opening Cap needed to hit Mexican Death (Top Rope Double Foot Stomp) and clinch the W. 

Match Rating: 54 

SEGMENT 3: Another Day’s Work 

Captain Lucha takes the mic after the match to vow to always protect this world from every dangerous weirdo aiming to ruin the beautiful world of lucha libre and the beautiful country of Mexico. Bring them in, time after time, and he will only beat them. Samael The Accuser is not going to be on top for long! 

Segment Rating: 47

MATCH 6: EMLL CAMPEONATO DEL MUNDO - NO DQ: Death’s Head vs Samael The Accuser 

DeathsHead.jpg.a46befb791017f953d550d2893062639.jpg  EMLL_World.jpg.3f0e45c26bd5a6095920bf024d460d8b.jpg  Samael.jpg.863b75911112cddaf695e23903379fbf.jpg

This is heritage. This is the type of match the Monterrey buildings have been witnessing for decades- they did a fiery brawl with chairs and Death’s Head second, Hellfire being involved at ringside. 9 minutes, in and out. Arrive, get a concussion, leave. Like wrestling should be. With this pace and the numbers’ advantage it seems like the Kingdom of Blood will get ownership of the Campeonato Del Mundo, until Trickster comes out and foils their plans hitting a low blow on Death’s Head and going blow for blow with Hellfire, allowing Samael to get the Poison of God (Spinning Torture Rack into Backbreaker) for the win and title retention. What is Trickster’s motive?!

Segment Rating: 53

MAIN EVENT: 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS: Demon King vs Guerrero Muerto 

DemonKing.jpg.7011ac958e1a1d3ba4f6b318f90374b7.jpg VS GuerreroMuerto.jpg.63124a0d800d336f9f79d91a7f504bfb.jpg

A clinic. This isn’t quite a match you’d get on OLLIE TV in 1994 but goddamn is it good. The bread and butter format helps- really quick first fall where they do standard lucha matwork until Muerto gets an advantage by being brutal and a cheater. He didn’t get hit the Graveyard Shift (Inverted Russian Leg Sweep) but he also slapped on a Furusawa Armbar for good measure to make Demon King tap out for the first fall. 

After a very short recovery time, we continued where we left off with Muerto resorting to armwork to begin the second fall. There’s also an element of pretending the Ring of Life is behind giving him a superhuman element of power, with a lot of extra resiliency whenever King lands any dropkicks and tijeras as a mini comeback. It’s looking like he’s going to do short work of this match until Demon King absolutely nails a Poisonrana and a headlock driver for the 1-2-3, levelling the score. 

As per usual, the third fall was the longest. They traded nearfalls, King got his first elongated segment on top playing on the supposed familiarity with his alternate reality self and finding every possible opening and weakness. This got Muerto furious and he began spamming attempts at the Graveyard Shift, each one blocked and leading to a stalemate. Muerto throws the first closed fist, and the second, and the third and runs the ropes for a huge fourth punch, only for Demon King to grab the arm, get him on the ground and lock in the Eternal Pain (Chickenwing Crossface)! As lucha submissions are usually instant, almost instant is the counter with Guerrero Muerto rolling sideways to get Demon King’s shoulders on the mat. 1-2-Kickout! King has to let go momentarily but he kneels on Muerto’s shoulders and gets the legs up into his own pinning predicament. 1-2-kickout! Muerto tries to get a victory roll in as they both get up but a beautiful counter by Demon King gets him on the ropes face first, groggy and ready for a second attempt at the Eternal Pain that makes Muerto tap out! 

Match Rating: 63

SEGMENT 4: The End

As Demon King gets up, he grabs the ring of life off of Guerrero Muerto, kicks him and points it upwards. There’s a trick of the lights and Hector Moreno explains: he’s closing the Hellmouth, completing his mission. Cavalera, Muerto’s skeletal minion, interrupts the process with a punch to the back of the head. Cyclops, the Dark Universe’s prophet and fugitive comes out to even the odds while a stoic Demon King is dead focused on his task. That is, until Charron gets in the ring. A recovered Guerrero Muerto gets in the tussle, and chaos ensues. The lights are flickering, the (wrestling) ring is shaking and no one has control. An explosion sound goes off from the speakers and the lights go out for a couple of minutes before signaling to the fans that the show is over, with the ring empty and everyone wondering what exactly happened.

Segment Rating: 38

EMLL.jpg.47a15cb996be2159567c680d019d6988.jpg

EMLL_ClashOfTheMultiverse.jpg

• Like 11

EMLL - THE GREAT WEEK 

Jan 29th - EMLL Clash Of The Multiverse

@newbiezness 6/7

@KyTeran 5/7

@Historian 4/7

@Pteroid 4/7 

@jcarmjn 4/7 

@kanegan 4/7

@GreatreDRagon 4/7

Thank you all for the participation! Hope you guys enjoyed the show well enough. I haven't been good in the past at doing prizes for predictions but I'll try to get something done with a company as different as this one. 

January 30th, 2022

Blog de la lucha: Cryptic updates from EMLL! The “Grindhouse” Lucha Libre promotion has updated its profile picture and banner on Xitter, and they’re teasing a big announcement in the coming days!

EMLLAzzak.jpg.b9bd386f4fa8a089baebbf08410faf5c.jpg

EMLLAzzak.jpg.a5c178cab83e1349f26dba3b42cbd034.jpg

EMLLMX.png.90d9af98855ec450ac2919e78e5e8297.png

February 2nd, 2022 

EMLL  announces the deaths of the following participating players during the “Massacre of the Ring of Life”:

Anarchist

Boriken Love Machine Jr 

Dolphin Master

La Bestia Morada

Powerful Man

Screamer 

Tarantula

‘Nothing will ever be the same again’. 

Speculation is some of those names are signing with bigger companies, while others are premature budget cuts for those “big moves” that were clearly leaked from the company.

February 3rd, 2022

A short video of Samael The Accuser, Charron and Trickster is released. The three are looking around triumphantly at a setting different to all the known EMLL green screen backgrounds. At the end they proclaim together: “Things are in motion. Nothing will ever be the same again.” The video goes dark and the following appears on screen a couple seconds later for whoever hasn’t clicked off: 

EMLL OSCURIDAD ~ WRESTLEWORLD LUCHA FEB. 24TH

Oscuridad(1).jpg.b5f3fb5aaf805e5e055a5f589d0f9f28.jpg

AVATAR OF CHAOS ~ WRESTLEWORLD LUCHA FEB. 26TH

AvatarofChaos(1).jpg.ab21ad7f90ee7dfc6039bc4ffe454797.jpg

February 4th, 2022 

EMLL announces the signing of LEGENDARY Luchador Cique Jr, as part of the company’s booking team and Inner Circle. Furthermore, a pipeline from El Castillo Rojo to EMLL will be established. 

OOC: 

Huge thanks to @azzak for creating this alternate logo and banner. The topic they posted  it on I think doesn't explicitly express it's free to use but I made a judgement call due to how generous they've been with their creations and not stating the opposite. Obviously if I've overstepped and it's an issue I'm taking this down and editing the whole thing and I apologize in advance.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

Huge thanks to @azzak for creating this alternate logo and banner. The topic they posted  it on I think doesn't explicitly express it's free to use but I made a judgement call due to how generous they've been with their creations and not stating the opposite. Obviously if I've overstepped and it's an issue I'm taking this down and editing the whole thing and I apologize in advance.

I haven't been too active around these parts recently, but of course you are welcome to use these graphics. In fact I'm thrilled you are! Best of luck with the diary, I'll be sure to check in when I'm a bit more present! 

• Like 1

EMLL OSCURIDAD ISSUE #0 

HELD IN: Antigua Mercado de Monterey

CA:  385 

WrestleWord Lucha Viewers: 21,392 

SEGMENT 1: CRASH LANDED

The lights in the hall are dark until a thud is heard and they come back up- first thing that hits them is the upgraded production values, but I digress. What they see is at the "stage" area a bruised and battered and kneeling Rey Soldado. He examines his surroundings as if he's in a new, dangerous place and gets in the ring to... cut a wrestling promo as he's looking into his usual entrance gear which includes some "Time Corps equipment" like a timeline-tracking watch. The rest of this is mostly exposition by him and Hector Moreno (seemingly a multiversal being?): The destruction cause by the overload of the Ring of Life at Clash of the Multiverse has transported Rey Soldado into an alternate timeline (or reset the timeline and changed it forever). But it also transported him spatially. We are not on Earth 3982 anymore.

We are in the dark universe.

After this revelation, a monstrous and carnivorous Goblin Prince comes out and approaches Rey Soldado, challenging him to our opening match!

MATCH 1: GOBLIN PRINCE VS REY SOLDADO 

Goblin Prince is feral early on, and Soldado is clearly not 100%. There's dives and there's scrapping and there's a sense of punishment for the powerhouse tecnico. Prince is absolutely demolishing until Soldado can finally withstand/grab a single dive and hit a huge fallaway slam to begin the comeback. A pair of lariats, a big boot and a huge powerslam gets the crowd on their feet. Gobby has a second wind that is less of the flying and more of trying to get Soldado outside to hit him with foreign objects but Soldado just gets more solid as the match unfolds. It takes a huge chairshot to take hum out, Prince rolls him in and gets on the top rope for the Diving Knee Drop. He smashes his knee on the mat as Soldado gets out the way and headbutts him to the back of the neck before setting up a second Powerslam to win the match! 

SEGMENT 2: A WARM WELCOME 

As Soldado mentions he needs to win more to unlock his strength and also figure out more about the alterations- seems Goblin Prince is mostly the same. He implores the fans not to give up and have faith as he lifts the darkness... and that's when DeCipher or whatever version of him it is anyway comes in the ring and absolutely demolishes him. He informs Soldado that they'll be amongs the wrestlers doing battle for the Ring of Chaos in two days, and expresses that he cannot wait to toy with him so more. 

MATCH 2: CHESS MANIAC VS EL BANDIDO JR 

Chess Maniac, the legendary Gamemaster of our world who is obsessed with the thrill of contest and strategy is stranded in the Dark Universe. El Bandido Jr is part of the Earthern remnants that were transported to the Dark Universe (in a storyline of this timeline where this happened instead of every fight being in the, as another Diary writer eloquently put, Our-Verse). This is also a Match Relampago with a 10 minute time limit. And it was a really good little match. El Bandido Jr is an one trick pony at this point of his career trying to desperately and constantly set up the Hijack Suplex (Northern Lights Suplex), and obviously Maniac manages after getting many go's at it to get into the Checkmate (Inverted DDT) and end this before the time limit. 

SEGMENT 3: ONLY ONE OF HIM 

We get a shot from an undisclosed location of another being who's been transported into this timeline- none other than the Time Master himself. As he realizes he's okay from the aftershock, he starts laughing maniacally and looking for people to terrorize. 

MATCH 3: DELIRIUM VS TRICOLOR JR 

Tricolor Jr, a new signing by EMLL, is an alternate version of Captain Lucha from a different different universe and timeline (Captain Lucha is still in this timeline, presumably!). And he's got a title shot at Samael The Accuser for Avatar of Chaos! This is a match where he's facing one of Samael's minions (because Trickster and Charron are part of Samael's posse as the teaser for the TV show showed and he's still controlled by the Ring of Chaos). Anyways, the match itself is very frenetic and full of high flying but it's crucially all about showcasing the mirrors and differences between Tricolor and his more familiar version. This includes the fact the top rope double foot stomp is a signature for him, and he prefers finishing people off with a Superman Suplex, which he does to put away Delirium here. This is by no means a squash but it's a match with a "protagonist" in a sense. 

MATCH 4: GUERRERO MUERTO'S TEAM (GUERRERO MUERTO & CALAVERA) VS THE STAR-STUDDED (GANYMEDE JR & EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON) 

This is the introduction to the "space themed" tecnicos, Ganymede Jr being an El Castillo Rojo graduate that Cique Jr probably included as a package deal. They do not get as strong of a first impression as Tricolor Jr, but they do get to face the world class Guerrero Muerto off the bat which is always fun. Neutron is a strong worker who will probably get to sink his teeth into something big as time goes on. Muerto doesn't even need a finisher for the rookie, as he wins the match with a Surfboard Stretch assisted by Calavera. 

SEGMENT 4: AND THEY DON'T STOP COMING

After the match, Guerrero Muerto explains that the partial closing of the Hellmouth by Demon King (oh okay so this is somehow both an alternate timeline and affected by the events of Clash? Or are we in a timeline where Demon King also partially closed the Hellmouth? Is the Hellmouth such a spatial anomaly it's its own singular thing? But then how does Demon King exist? Will there be any pay-off to this?!) the beings originating from there lost a lot of their power. But as long as he has the Ring of Life in his possession he is the premier wrestler in EMLL and stronger than anyone who dares challenge him. He says that Calavera needs to enter the Ring of Chaos match in order to claim it for the Army of Death, because he's preparing- he has sensed an arrival bigger than anyone that has ever arrived in the Dark Universe. Bigger even than him. And the glory of vanquishing it will sustain a challenge for the Campeonato Del Mundo! 

SEGMENT 5: DEATH'S HAND HYPE VIDEO

There's a video of Death's Hand training, butchering and celebrating in preparation for the Ring of Chaos match. He also mentions the Kingdom of Blood and its other members, and reveals that when he becomes the holder of the Ring of Chaos he intends to feast on Delirium's blood to further his goals. 

SEGMENT 6: THE DARK TRIAD SPEAK 

Cyclops, Demon King and El Hijo Del Fantasma are backstage together. All tecnicos, with two from the Dark Universe. And in this timeline, a united front. They say that in tonight's main event, they're facing three psychopaths. And three of the most powerful figures in the Dark Univese itself. But they have common goals. The common goal of making things better. Of keeping power from the wrong hands. Charron and Trickster can't wait to backstab Samael, and Samael sees no one as his equal. They're a house of cards, and the mighty and righteous gust of justice is coming their way. 

MATCH 5: THE DARK TRIAD (CYCLOPS, DEMON KING & EL HIJO DEL FANTASMA) VS CHARRON, SAMAEL THE ACCUSER & TRICKSTER, 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

Cyclops and El Hijo Del Fantasma are the... EMLL CAMPEONES DE PAREJAS? That's a big "Alt Universe" thing to drop to the fanbase, even if there already was a tag match on this show. The first fall surprisingly ends with an Ultimate Boston Crab from El Hijo Del Fantasma onto Trickster really early on. So for the second fall Delirium instantly interferes only to be countered by the presence of Tricolor Jr. The rudos take control and there's a lot of focusing on the backs of the tecnicos while slowly and violently working them over. Cyclops is served as an offering to Samael who hits a Poison of God to tie things up at 1 fall apiece. The third fall is as long as the entire match up to that point and focuses a lot on tag team action with Samael avoiding getting his hands dirty with opponents he views lesser than- Cyclops and Fantasma aren't even multiversal threats. Demon King though is the one who gets to give the tecnicos an advantage getting a blind tag and outsmarting Charron, beautifully transitioning into the Eternal Pain crossface. Samael decides to grab his title and leave instead of helping Charron, who taps out. Trickster doesn't even help him leave the ring, instead following their master up towards the Crippler position as The Dark Triad celebrate. 

SEGMENT 7: ROWING UPSTREAM 

As the show is about to end, an unfamiliar music hits and the whole hall turns red. A facepainted figure wearing a tall hat and a long coat comes out and introduces himself as Styx, The Ferryman. He gives a dark chuckle and extends his arms, then waits. And behind him come the dead. Boriken Love Machine Jr, La Bestia Morada, Screamer. Victims of the "Massacre of the Ring of Life". Reborn. No, undead. More evil than ever before. Ready to create even more chaos than previously thought possible. And ending Issue 0 in a huge shock as the crowd is gasping, then hooting and hollering at the surprise. Then, it all goes dark.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

as another Diary writer eloquently put, Our-Verse

Thanks mate 😁, this was a nice thing to read in the morning!

Loving your creative direction for EMLL. Your Goblin Prince gave me some ideas for The Purple Beast

• Like 1

AvatarofChaos(1).jpg.ab21ad7f90ee7dfc6039bc4ffe454797.jpg

EMLL AVATAR OF CHAOS CARD: 

MAIN EVENT MAYHEM BATTLE ROYAL FOR THE RING OF CHAOS: 

BLUE WOLF VS CALAVERA VS CAPTAIN LUCHA VS CHESS MANIAC VS DEATH'S HEAD VS DECIPHER VS DELIRIUM VS DEMON KING VS EL BANDIDO JR VS EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON VS GOBLIN PRINCE VS HELLFIRE VS REY SOLDADO VS STYX THE FERRYMAN VS TIME MASTER 

EMLL CAMPEONATO DEL MUNDO MATCH: 

TRICOLOR JR VS SAMAEL THE ACCUSER (C) 

SCREAMER & LA BESTIA MORADA VS NOXIOUS & PYROMANIAC 

EMLL CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS LADDER MATCH: 

THE ACTS OF GOD (CHARRON & TRICKSTER) VS CYCLOPS & EL HIJO DEL FANTASMA

GUERRERO MUERTO VS ??? (NOT THAT ONE) 

EL DIABLO EMPLUMADO VS SCORPION

No renders used yet btw because I'm at an impasse- not fully comfortable with the AI even though I do recognize its usefulness for the disposable stuff (and I used it for the TV show and will probably use it for the events I'm doing that will keep changing names for that reason- I have no graphic design skills at all and my diary needs are very secondary and disposable), especially in a community where most people work for free to satisfy a huge demand, and the official stuff isn't fully ready for all masked workers anyway. On the other hand, EMLL is a company that hasn't gotten a big amount of cool DAZ renders like the classic big ones like TCW. So you might see me switch styles multiple times within this diary if it goes on long enough. 

• Like 4

It's great to see you back dynasty writing. This is my first exposure to the Mexican CVerse and, like your CGC dynasty, I can already tell it's going to be a fun way to discover a new set of stars.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2024 at 1:38 AM, 619 said:

It's great to see you back dynasty writing. This is my first exposure to the Mexican CVerse and, like your CGC dynasty, I can already tell it's going to be a fun way to discover a new set of stars.

Great to see you commenting! It's a lot of pressure for me to do justice to the scene but we move lol

AvatarofChaos.thumb.jpg.13e4824d3b66d27f862da69c9a9c3317.jpg

Held on: February 26th 2022 

Attendance: 1308

MATCH 1: EL DIABLO EMPLUMADO VS SCORPION

This opener was all about setting the expectations for the company's PPV debut on Wrestleworld Lucha. As a result, it was mostly a story-driven affair about the power loss afflicted to the remnants of the Hellmouth with Scorpion dominating the selling demon, working complex holds and pinning combinations that almost give him the win multiple times throughout the first 5 minutes. Emplumado has to take this to the outside and brawl it out, with the crowd happy to see the punches and headbutts at first, until the real plan reveals itself: he gets a light tube from under the ring and smashes it on Scorpion's head, making him profusely through his mask. People in the first couple rows get moved away to not be caught up with the fragments of glass, and El Diablo Emplumado just rolls his opponent in the ring and hits a Frog Splash for the pin and the win. (10:27)

Rating: 47 

MATCH 2: GUERRERO MUERTO VS MASCARA ROJA JR 

Mascara Roja Jr is not THE arrival, but he is new to the EMLL faithful, signed as part of the "universe hopping/alternate dimension" shenanigans. In this world as Hector Moreno informs us he is a servant of the Kingdom of Blood turning them into a trio rather than a duo like they used to be. Getting his debut against Muerto is a surefire way to look good, and they both had a very technically proficient rudo vs rudo type match where both tried to outsmart and outcheapshot each other for any single advantage. Roja has half a mind to going for his Top Rope (Mushroom) Double Foot Stomp which gets him in trouble against the most tenured star, who also has Calavera's assistance whenever he needs it. Ultimately, no matter how pretty the holds and counters are, the Graveyard Shift into the Furusawa Armbar is an unbeatable combination so far, and the holder of the Ring of Life prevailed once again. (14:44)

Rating: 64 

SEGMENT 1: PREPARATION ONGOING 

Guerrero Muerto grabs the mic and he mentions there is someone coming from the stars. No matter how much stuff has changed around here lately, he's going to humiliate everyone and claim the Campeonato Del Mundo, and rule Samael's own home with his special might. He plans to unleash the Hellmouth's full wrath on the Multiverse, adding that he might let Calavera run the dump that is Monterrey. 

Rating: 76 (!) 

MATCH 3: EMLL CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS LADDER MATCH 

THE ACTS OF GOD (CHARRON & TRICKSTER) VS CYCLOPS & EL HIJO DEL FANTASMA 

A chaotic, frenetic ladder match full of tricks and dives and cooperation. Highlights include: 

-Charron and Trickster throwing a ladder like a javelin to stop El Hijo Del Fantasma from grabbing the belts 

-Cyclops hitting the High Fly Eye (Diving Headbutt) to Trickster on a ladder wedged on the barricade + apron 

-a member of each team (Charron + El Hijo Del Fantasma) hitting a rana on the others' partners from the top rope to the outside for a nasty bump 

-Some classic "submission on a hard surface pretending it matters" work with Tricksters' Stretch of the Truth and Fantasma's Ultimate Boston Crab both applied on the others 

-Cyclops outsmarting Trickster himself with a llave counter into shoot headbutts, allowing Fantasma to outwrestle the fairly immobile Charron and grab the belts for the win! (15:06)

Rating: 61 

SEGMENT 2: SNAKE KING DIDN'T GET THE NIGHT OFF SO HE NEEDS TO CUT A PROMO 

Backstage on the updated and improved green screen productions we see Snake King wandering, until he finds a silver pendant necklace with the engraving mark of the immortal Snake God on it. He expresses how this will help him accomplish his goals, let the other fools fight over the false power of the Ring of Chaos while he prepares the mark for the arrival of the vengeful God. 

Rating: 51 

MATCH 4: LA BESTIA MORADA & SCREAMER VS NOXIOUS & PYROMANIAC 

Noxious & Pyromaniac, reimagined as minions of the Hellmouth in this version of EMLL are perfect bases for Screamer to work off. As a result, and to combat the inexperience of half the wrestlers in this, this is almost worked as a tornado tag, letting the newly undead fly around and bounce off of the Hellmouth remnants. Whenever they're not in control they're cut off by really big bombs however, never letting the crowd rest... or think about the quality of what they're watching. In a show of immense strength, La Bestia Morada gets the Beast Bomb (Gutwrench Powerbomb) on Noxious for the win with Pyromaniac barely unable to break up the pin thanks to a Screamer dropkick. (10:08)

Rating: 44 

SEGMENT 3: HYPE FOR THE TITLE MATCH 

In a rare comedic moment in EMLL, this hype package is basically full of feud details that never happened. The time Tricolor Jr almost figured out Charron's motives. The time Samael ran through the Earthern Survivors in a 5 on 1 Handicap match. The epic staredown these two had with their full powers on display. Maybe that's why it didn't play well.

Rating: 30 

MATCH 5: EMLL CAMPEONATO DEL MUNDO MATCH

TRICOLOR JR VS SAMAEL THE ACCUSER 

Unlike last month's title match, this was much more conventional. Samael is big enough to make Tricolor fully lean into what he's good at as a high flying luchador, and the control segments were simpler in an almost American way. Chops and suffocating holds and simple throws against tijeras and arm drags and ranas. Delirium, under the control of Trickster (for now) is at ringside to aid the Bringer of Darkness against the multicolored tecnico, but there's examples of that backfiring and helping Tricolor get his comebacks in. As Tricolor gets the Figure Four Leglock in near the ropes, Delirium uses them to choke him, which gets him sent to the back by the ref but the damage has already been done. Groggy and checking his neck, he turns into the Poison of God. Spin-Out Torture Rack... he arm drags his way out of it! A miracle escape right into the Fisherman Suplex 1...2... no! Incredible resilience from the champion, but Tricolor doesn't let up. He goes onto the top rope for the stomp, but The Accuser gets his knees up making a sickening contact between the two. Broken ankles and sprained knees are in play, but instead the two are punching each other in kneeling positions, with Tricolor doing a rolling backwards no-sell after a particularly gnarly looking one. He runs the ropes for a single leg dropkick only for Samael to dodge out of the way and for him to fly through the middle rope to the outside into a back bump! That's when the 20 count begins, with The Accuser happy to check his knees and wait. Tricolor rolls it at 18, only to get chokeslammed viciously and picked up for another Poison of God, from which there's no escape. (14:41) 

Rating: 45 

MAIN EVENT: MAYHEM BATTLE ROYAL FOR THE RING OF CHAOS 

BLUE WOLF VS CALAVERA VS CAPTAIN LUCHA VS CHESS MANIAC VS DEATH'S HEAD VS DECIPHER VS DELIRIUM VS DEMON KING VS EL BANDIDO JR VS EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON VS GOBLIN PRINCE VS HELLFIRE VS REY SOLDADO VS STYX THE FERRYMAN VS TIME MASTER 

One day I will write another full battle royal/royal rumble. That day is not today however! 

The final six are Decipher, Delirium, Captain Lucha, Rey Soldado, Styx and Death's Head. In EMLL Mayhem rules, you can be eliminated both with a pinfall/submission and over the top rope. The even tecnico/rudo split made this a very easy decision to go with the all-out brawl at first between the six contenders, before mixing things up by going for movez! Captain Lucha almost throws Styx out but the resiliency of the Ferryman cannot be overstated. One who does get eliminated however is Rey Soldado, as sneaky DeCipher and salty Time Master who was selling at ringside for the past few minutes team up to get him over the top rope, making the Time Corp furious. After this the rudos run rampant but Delirium has a Dazed and Confused knee strike for everyone, absolutely changing the tide on his own and getting big cheers from the crowd for his dominance. 

He tries consecutive pins on Decipher, Death's Head and Captain Lucha but comes up empty. Styx tries to get him into the Journey's End shoulderbreaker but Delirium barely slips out. Death's Head lariats the Ferryman viciously and tries to get him out but Captain Lucha rolls up Death's Head to eliminate the executioner of the Kingdom of Blood in a shock! With four men left Delirium tries another spam of the Dazed and Confused but Decipher catches him with a neckbreaker that really rocks the man fighting for his freedom. Styx hits DeCipher with the Journey's End but that allows Captain Lucha to get the double foot stomp on both men during Styx's pin and instead get the three count on the Ferryman. He goes for DeCipher as well right after but the extra moment of rest lets him kick out at 2.99, which gives Delirium his opening. He sends the Captain to the ropes, does a beautiful backwards rana and sends him right where he wants him for the Dazed and Confused to get him over the top rope to outside, eliminating him. 

Two men left, one ring (out of three). DeCipher instantly goes for the Code Breaker but Delirium blocks and hits a poisonrana. 1...2... nope. DeCipher tries some llave tricks but he can't fully get them against the rampage and rage and effects of being so close to the Ring of Chaos. He has to resort to dodging, including a knee strike that sends Delirium through the middle rope just for fun. Plan B includes DeCipher fully going for Delirium's mask, for which he eats a headbutt but it's still enough to get DeCipher the time and separation he needs to hit a Code Breaker for another close two count. Instinctively Delirium covers his face to assess the damage, which lets DeCipher tie him into a pretzel, but once again Delirium's strength is nigh superhuman right now. He breaks free, lets out a scream and runs full speed at DeCipher.. who lowers the top ropes and sends the Bringer of Chaos to the outside, for the win! (23:18) 

Rating: 56 

POST-MATCH SEGMENT: HE HAS THE RING

Just some standard the referee giving the artifact to DeCipher, who writhes in pain at first then gets used to the suffocating power, and he lifts his fist triumphantly in the air as the show ends. 

Rating: 41 

Show Rating: 61 

NEXT MONTH... THE HERALD OF JUSTICE! LIVE ON WRESTLEWORLD 

EMLLAzzak.jpg.b869b8f99b3c458e7b71751d988ac754.jpg

• Like 6

It's funny how the diaries without the character pics for at least the matches dont really work for me.  I cant picture these people as I dont know EMLL that well and it just becomes hard to imagine in my mind who they are without the visual prompts.  The writing itself is good but I just kind of lost who everyone was in my mind and disconnected.  If it was a real world diary I would probably be fine but with Cverse it's harder.  The other graphics you used for the last show were great but without the People pics I just sort of switched off.  

• Like 1

I've only today been able to properly read this enough to comment, it's going great. 

Your tone is always unique, sometimes it hard to be I suppose sardonic is the right word whilst still actually getting the reader invested in the show but it's witty and pulls it off. There was some interesting points in the first post that whilst I've always thought the product sounds cool, I think you're right that it's evidently not been done to the best standards if you look at their position in game and it's the sort of product that when it's not great, it's more likely to be awful. If that makes sense?

The storyline with the alternative dimension/other universe or w.e exactly it is works as a great reasoning for a lot of the changes. Personally I liked the no tag team thing but I trust your vision. 

I never found the lack of pictures to be a barrier to enjoying your CGC diary although I do admit it's trickier when I don't have as good a knowledge of the roster. It's far from a deal breaker though for me. 

Edit: And forgot to say, that I really like the no DQ outside the ring rule, I'm been working out what the actual rules in PSW are, and yours a good example of something simple but enough to help give the promotion it's identity. 

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wonk said:

"SEGMENT 2: SNAKE KING DIDN'T GET THE NIGHT OFF SO HE NEEDS TO CUT A PROMO"

Absolutely brilliant. 

Haha, thank you so much and thanks for reading! 

9 hours ago, kanegan said:

Guerrero Muerto and Campeonato de Parejas match ratings were fire. Muerto is really your figurehead here I think.

Muerto is absurd but seeing Cyclops and Fantasma having good chemistry together is so so good. I really have a chance to milk that reign. Muerto vs The Arrival is also main eventing the next PPV, I can tell you that much. 

7 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

It's funny how the diaries without the character pics for at least the matches dont really work for me.  I cant picture these people as I dont know EMLL that well and it just becomes hard to imagine in my mind who they are without the visual prompts.  The writing itself is good but I just kind of lost who everyone was in my mind and disconnected.  If it was a real world diary I would probably be fine but with Cverse it's harder.  The other graphics you used for the last show were great but without the People pics I just sort of switched off.  

Thank you for the feedback and for reading anyway. I already addressed some hesitations with the pictures and I am very much up my own ass and don't want to use the same renders because the promotion changed universes. At some point I will settle on something for the imagery I think. 

2 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

I've only today been able to properly read this enough to comment, it's going great. 

Your tone is always unique, sometimes it hard to be I suppose sardonic is the right word whilst still actually getting the reader invested in the show but it's witty and pulls it off. There was some interesting points in the first post that whilst I've always thought the product sounds cool, I think you're right that it's evidently not been done to the best standards if you look at their position in game and it's the sort of product that when it's not great, it's more likely to be awful. If that makes sense?

The storyline with the alternative dimension/other universe or w.e exactly it is works as a great reasoning for a lot of the changes. Personally I liked the no tag team thing but I trust your vision. 

I never found the lack of pictures to be a barrier to enjoying your CGC diary although I do admit it's trickier when I don't have as good a knowledge of the roster. It's far from a deal breaker though for me. 

Edit: And forgot to say, that I really like the no DQ outside the ring rule, I'm been working out what the actual rules in PSW are, and yours a good example of something simple but enough to help give the promotion it's identity. 

This is a lovely comment and thank you so much for leaving it! I think I have been guilty of leaning on the meta/"sardonic" humor too much sometimes but also when done well it does strike a balance between running these promotions that are clearly not the best on the planet/wrestling being guilty of being kind of dumb sometimes/me otherwise being very serious and by the book when booking some things. And thank you for validating my vision of the product, I thought it'd be fun to play with that aspect of it. 

I hear you on the no tag team front. That part of the idea can definitely work, but I think (in original EMLL) it'd work in a world that is a lot more like ours- guys have indy commitments with other companies so you have a rotating cast that shows up, do 5-7 singles matches and leave. I wanted to utilize more of the roster while also changing some things up to sell this Reboot/Dark Universe/Timeline shift pot-pourri. If I made the roster slightly smaller I'd definitely be able to keep the Tekken gimmick going, and it's kind of a bummer that there's somehow 3 diaries of the company right now and all of us went with the stable-heavy approach. But it happens. 

I don't know how much of a barrier the pictures can be, but not only are there so many writers (you included) who are taking advantage of the capabilities in terms of the visual component, Ι also tend to be very succinct as a writer, almost to a fault. So the pictures help make it look like there's more... effort? And obviously they tell you more about the characters than my half a sentence descriptions do. 

Two more posts coming before the next episode/first issue. Also, thanks to Azzak's beautiful contributions I'm doing my first retcon which is very fitting from my New 52 inspired ideas. Say goodbye to Oscuridad, say hello to...

ElMundoOscuro.jpg.86117f2d175e8a65ab13e8836c37a544.jpg

• Like 3