Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Bravo D. Boon.

Right when I got it I went right in the editor to get my Sabu diary back, I go into his moveset after making the Death Sentence again(hehe).. and wow.

You've really perfected his moveset. :)

But that's not all that's perfected, This is such an amazing update just by searching through it.

It's funny that before I even play it I love it. :D

Thank you so much for the work you've put into these updates, You deserve A gold medal.

Dwight.

:)

EDIT. That was the most smiley faces I've put into A post.. EVER!

Files sent, theaddicane & dscatx. Hope you enjoy it!

And thanks, Dwight. I had to tweak out Sabu's set, heh; I knew you had a diary going with him and aimed to get him more in-line. Heck, you were one of the first people to dig this scenario - one of your favorite wrestlers deserved to be as close as I could get them (well, everyone's favorites deserve the same respect - but not many favorites are Farhat's nephew ;) ).

Guest pickledmidget
sweet, ghost i downloaded and started playing last night. the list of wrestlers is very impressive and i thank you and whoever helped you do this. it was cool because i just got home. excited about the files you sent and also on my front porch were the shoot interviews i bought from RF Video. so i installed the files, played a little bit, through in my nikita koloff shoot interview and wathced that then threw in my jj dillion shoot interview. then i went back and played a little more. all in all, it was a good day! thanks again.

Just to let anyone interested know:

I am currently at work on the latest update (v3.5). With it, I decided to set the starting date of the scenario to Feb. 1984. I have several reasons for doing this, but the main one would be the Birth of Hulkamania.

While the WWF would often sign Hogan from the AWA, it just never seemed right without Piper, Dr. D., Mean Gene, etc; therefore, I am picking up right after Hogan wins the WWF Heavyweight title.

Thanks for the continued interest.

Getting ready to unzip the files tonight. Thanks for all the work!

Question- I noticed you talked about setting the workers to a static Heel or Face to help with the Booking. Did you do this in v3.4? or in v3.5? I'd personally like this for a RW sim, and make the turns myself if need be.

If not...how difficult would this be to do? Meaning=how long would this take to set (and how :D )

Thanks in advance

ps. This is certainly my favorite era also... so much fun being a Mark

pps. I see you are moving the next version up to 84...any chance you would consider a future version going back to the 70s ( drool )?

ppps. I started working on the Gordon Sollie audio, sadly it just doesn't work. The fan reaction behind the call makes it too difficult to understand when he makes the call on the game.

I set many of the bigger name wrestlers as static heel or faces in v3.4 (doing more for the next update), but a lot of them can go either way. To be honest, though, I'm not sure there's much that can be done about bottom of the card booking.

The best example I can give is of the current World Class set up. If you pay attention to the booking, you'll notice that the top of the cards (Main Event down to the midcard) is fine - but the opening matches often feature some odd combinations of Von Erichs v. Freebirds. You'll see Kerry and Gordy v. Kevin and Hayes - or Hayes and Roberts v. Kevin and Gordy matches - or even Kerry v. Kevin!

Now... if you look at how each wrestler is set up, you'll see that they shouldn't be getting booked as such - yet do. Kerry is a Good face / Weak heel - same with Kevin; Hayes, Gordy, and Roberts are the exact opposite: Weak face / Good heel. So why do they get booked in odd mismatches? Who knows, heh. All I know is that I sure as heck can not wait for the revamped booking engine in the next Wrestling Spirit. ;)

Until then, I try to blink it away as some crazed mirror universe. Either that, or really drunk bookers.

And it's funny you mention a 70s. :) I'm putzing about in converting DOTT to a DOTT: Legends data set. I really wasn't sure if anyone was interested, but I've been wanting to throw the starting date to 1970 (or something), add in a ton of legends, rearrange the birth dates of younger guys from the 80s so that they would be playable (Road Warriors, Jake Roberts, etc.), add in a bunch of old-time promotions (Detroit, Shire's Big Time out of San Francisco, Dick the Bruiser's WWA, etc.), then scale everything to pre-cable days where only a handful of superstars have 75-80 Overness.

Might make for an interesting set. Seeing a primed Bruno Sammartino v. a heeled out Hulk Hogan might be a heck of a lot of fun. Or a more active Buddy Rogers v. Ric Flair in a Battle of Nature Boys. :)

Again, I wasn't sure of the interest - so I was going to do it for myself. If you want to check it out when I get it shaped up, keep in touch and I'll share it with you.

I want to get DOTT v3.5 done first, but after that I'd like to move on to something else. This Legends set might be a lot of fun.

If you do start on that legends set lmk. I've got some of the best photos you can find of guys from the 70s and early 80s. I'd love a legends set second only to a 70s set.

-I'm still toying with the audio set idea...i'll let you know if I work on it more this weekend.

Guest pickledmidget

ghost,

count me in. i would love to have a copy fo the 70's if you do it. any help you need. let me know. (photos, stats, etc). i can dig up some stuff from my archives!

can you imagine: the andersons (gene and ole), a young ric flair, buddy rogers. damn.

ill help!