Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When DOTT was originally released, some people had suggested the idea of a DOTT message board on these boards, but it simply wasn't legally feasible. We didn't think about it then, but DOTT is moving away from the Grey Dog forums and into our own.

We have many exciting changes coming to DOTT within the next few months, including a brand new region opened to play. As well as an official update to the TEW 83 Scenario, as it finally takes on the DOTT name.

http://www.norwrestling.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=d67584981ed8f025901e3767edb199e4

Make sure to stop on over, register and hang out for a bit. The board will soon be overhauled to include diary sections and a few more, as well as a possible DOTT chat.

There's some big changes coming, and you don't want to miss out on them. And in the words of Dusty Rhodes, 'If it ain't Death of the Territories, baby, it ain't funky like a monkey! Wuuhhh!'

As the forums are currently located in the wastelands of Europe (hah - sorry, Damiende! :) ), there may be spotty connections at odd hours - but it is always temporary.

Knock on wood.

Also, the DOTT Site has gotten a face-lift. If you hate it, feel free to drop in and throw tomatoes at Rick.

I may have done the site, but the guy is hungry!

;)

Enjoy!

I think that the DOTT site looks great. I love those pictures. I do have one problem though.

I tried to download the v2.5 zip file and the others. They are sent to a temporary folder. When I did a search for the DOTTv2.5.zip file on my pc it shows up as nothing being found. What do you think is causing this and could the zip files be downloaded to a folder of my choosing and then opened using winzip?

If you think that the best way might be to send the files by email, could you please send them to robert_mcgill@harvardpilgrim.org. This is my work email and where I have the Wrestling Spirit game.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and keep up the great work.

... I tried to download the v2.5 zip file and the others. They are sent to a temporary folder. When I did a search for the DOTTv2.5.zip file on my pc it shows up as nothing being found. What do you think is causing this and could the zip files be downloaded to a folder of my choosing and then opened using winzip?

If you think that the best way might be to send the files by email, could you please send them to robert_mcgill@harvardpilgrim.org. This is my work email and where I have the Wrestling Spirit game.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and keep up the great work.

I'm not sure why the files are defaulting to a temp folder for you, Captain Lou. Perhaps the browser you are using? I'm running IE and it asks me where I want to download the files - so I am not running across that.

I'll look into whatever cross browser problems might be in the code. Sorry about the problems!

I am in the process of emailing these zip files out to you - but the Main worker picture packs might be too big.

I'll see.

Isn't that when he was known as 'Stunning' Steve Austin and before he shaved his hair?

Nah, when he debuted in 1990, he was wrestling in USWA as just Steve Austin, where he feuded with his teacher, Chris Adams.

Then he jumped ship to the WCW in '91, cut his hair and became "Stunning" Steve Austin.

Nah, when he debuted in 1990, he was wrestling in USWA as just Steve Austin, where he feuded with his teacher, Chris Adams.

Then he jumped ship to the WCW in '91, cut his hair and became "Stunning" Steve Austin.

Okay, thanks for the info. I read about "Stunning" Steve and some others in "To Be The Man" by Ric Flair.

I'm not sure why the files are defaulting to a temp folder for you, Captain Lou. Perhaps the browser you are using? I'm running IE and it asks me where I want to download the files - so I am not running across that.

I'll look into whatever cross browser problems might be in the code. Sorry about the problems!

I am in the process of emailing these zip files out to you - but the Main worker picture packs might be too big.

I'll see.

I'm using IE as well. Maybe it just doesn't like me tonight.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the email. The file did the same thing when I double-clicked the file (went to a temporary file) so I used my email option to save attachments and I got the files okay.

If you have that glitch in the future, try right clicking on the link and "save as". I use IE (cause I'm lazy :p) and get that problem sometimes if I've done alot of downloading that day, doing it that way and clearing the "close after download" checkbox tends to clear it up for me.

Thank you very much for the kind words, KaceCC; they really mean a lot. We hope that you continue to enjoy it!

From the moment Rick introduced me to the game, I've felt that Wrestling Spirit was (and is) the perfect vehicle for a territorial homage. Whereas Sports Entertainment doesn't even pretend that the 'contest' is real, the kayfabe era maintained the illusion that it was. WreSpi is kayfabe. :)

Take care!

v3.0 Released

For those that have downloaded previous versions of the scenario, the required files are: DOTTv3.0.zip and NewWorkerPics.zip

Scenario Data Located Here - in the Files Section.

The 'About' Section of the Death of the Territories site has also been updated - for anyone interested.

* Promotions Added: World Championship Wrestling (Australia/Regional), All Star Wrestling (U.K./Small)

* Workers Added: Larry O'Day, Ripper Collins, Tor Kamata, Jack Little, Jack Victory, Rip Morgan, Alexis Smirnoff, Masao Ito, The Beekeeper, Dominic Care, Mario Milano, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Cousin Luke, Sweet Daddy Siki, Mitsu Arakawa, Steve Lombardi, Gene Gatto, Ron Miller, Dale Lewis, Joe D'Orazio, Marty Jones, Mike Bennett, Rocky Moran, Terry Jowett

* Movesets Added: Jos Leduc, Ripper Collins, Tor Kamata, Animal Hamaguchi, Killer Karl Kox, Killer Karl Krupp, Atsushi Onita, Mario Milano, Generic Hillbilly Middle, Generic Hillbilly Heavy, Generic Hillbilly SuperHeavy, Royal Kangaroo, Bad News Allen, Mitsu Arakawa, Sweet Daddy Siki, Cuban Assassin, The Purple Haze, Maya Singh, Danny Spivey, Captain Mike, Karate Billy, Kevin Sullivan - Face, Jimmy Snuka - Savage, Thunderlips in Japan!

* Tag Teams Added: New Zealand Militia (Victory & Morgan), Tatum & Victory, Garea & Gilbert, Koloff and Smirnoff, The Italian Stallions (Milano & Care), Arakawa and Kamata, The Australians

* Moves Added: Mule Kick (Medium), Leduc One-Armed Backbreaker (Finisher), Rocker Elbow Drop (Finisher), Boomerang Blast to Head (Finisher), Super Mule Kick (Finisher), Castro Sleeper Hold (Finisher), Leaping High Kick (Finisher), Thunder Fire Powerbomb (Finisher), Splintering of a Chair (Medium), Chair Splinter Jab to Throat (Medium), Chair Splinter Forehead Gouge (High/Medium Cheat), Chair Splinter Eye Gouge (Finisher/High Cheat), Charging Headbutt to Stomach (Medium), Judo Chop (Low), Tag Boomerang Drop Kick Combo (Finisher), Arm Wringer Tomahawk Chop (Medium), Body Scissors Take Down (Medium), Standing Body Scissors (Finisher), Von Erich Body Press (Finisher), Corner Knee Charge (Medium), Extended Wrist Lock (Low), Charged Drop Kick (High), Golden Spike to Throat (Finisher), Golden Spike to Chest (Medium), Posing Karate Thrust off Ropes (Finisher), Guard Rail Press and Drop (High), Inside Out Baseball Slide (Medium), Road Warrior Spear (Medium), Tag Doomsday Device (Finisher), Soulman Drop Kick (Medium), Roundhouse Punch to Ear (High), Soulman Super Punch (Medium), Exaggerated Claw Threat (High/Taunt), Pillar to Post Buckle Smash (Medium), Running Elbow Drop (High), Sidebreaker (Low), Grounded Mandible Nerve Claw (Finisher), Bridging Back Suplex (Finisher), Leaping Headbutt (Medium), Arm Wringer Step Over Takedown (Low), Flair Measured Elbow Drop (Medium), Ring Apron Face Slam (Medium), Grounded Extended Wrist Lock (Medium)

* Various Worker Tweaks

* Various Moveset Tweaks

* Various Move Tweaks

* New Worker Pictures

----------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let newer people know, make sure to update/patch your version of WreSpi to v1.5

Also... if you take a look at the first page in this thread, you'll noticed the upcoming changes for v3.2

It's probably the most dramatic update to the scenario.

1) the Physical Requirements to Finishers have been greatly raised to better help out the limb marksmen... and

2) the Frequency Rates has been raised in moves that require High in-ring skills to pull off. For example, a move that requires 80 Tech will be just as easy for that skilled worker to pull off as a wimpier move by a less skilled worker. I believe that if you get someone into an elite status, they should have the benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.2 Released

v3.2

Those that have previous versions of the scenario will need the DOTTv3.2.zip and the NewWorkerPics.zip files. Those new to the data will require the whole ball of wax.

As Always, Located Here

Changes/Additions:

* Moves Added: Double Thumb Poke to Eyes (Medium), Driving Body Scissors (Medium), Legdrop to Leg (Low), Seated Bionic Elbow Chinlock (Medium), Sustained Back Suplex (High), Wrenching Side Headlock (Low), Flag Pole Blast to Head (Finisher), Armstrong Russian Legsweep (Finisher), Flair Knife Edge Chop (Low), Side Headlock Go Behind (Low), Standing Arm Bar (Low), Brainbuster DDT (Finisher), War Cry (Low/Taunt), Corner Hip Toss (Low), Gorilla Press Slam (Medium), Sustained Knee Breaker (High), Bite to Arm (Medium), Bite to Leg (Medium), Backlund Scoop and Place (High), Crucifix Arm Bar Takedown (Finisher), Sweetan Piledriver (Finisher), Backlund Leaping Piledriver (Finisher), The Abdominal Claw (Finisher), Standing Armpit Claw (High), Bullrope Choke Out (High), Abdominal Stretch Roll Pinfall (Finisher), Garvin Slap to Chest (Low), Garvin Chest Slap Flurry (Medium), Corner Open Handed Slap (Low), Kendo Thrust to the Throat (High), Dropkick into Corner (Medium), The Coco Butt (High), Second Rope Punch to Head (Medium), Standing Drop Kick (Medium), Dynamite Snap Suplex (Low), The Thesz Press (Finisher), Pick Up Face Crusher (High), Bulldog Lariat off the Ropes (High), Dynamite Flying Headbutt Drop (Finisher), Beefcake Running Knee (Finisher), Patriot Missile (Finisher), Mexican Stretch (Finisher), Diamond Twist (Finisher), Uncle Slam (High), Catapult Somersault Legdrop (High), Flying Rana Suicida (Finisher), Super Victory Roll (Finisher), Road Warrior Stomp Flurry (Low), Hawk War Hiss (Medium), Hawk Leaping Fist Drop (Medium), Grounded Knee Stomp (Medium), Double Thrust to Throat (Medium), Super Bionic Elbow (High), Bionic Elbow Flurry (High - previous move of same name renamed 'Seated Bionic Elbow Flurry'), Repeated Thumb Jabs to Throat (High), Valentine Hammer (Low), Seated Valentine Hammer (Medium)

* Movesets Added: Brad Armstrong - Face, Brad Armstrong - Heel, Bob Sweetan, Wild Bill Irwin, Scott Irwin, Tim Horner - Face, Tim Horner - Heel, Bobo Brazil, Jules Strongbow, Brutus Beefcake, Porkchop Cash, Black Gordman, The Patriot, Sabu, Scott Casey - Do Gooder, Scott Casey - Evil Do'er, Paul Jones, #1 Paul Jones, Eddie Mansfield

* Worker(s) Added: Black Gordman, The Patriot, Eddie Mansfield

* CWF changed to Sports Entertainment (anyone that has a devil worshipper as its lead villain deserves the dubbing)

* Starting date changed to August '83

* Moveset Tweaks

* Worker Tweaks

* Various Relationships Added

* New Worker Pics: The Patriot, Del Wilkes

* A Dramatic Tweaking of the Moves to better account for worker skills and Body Part Power Requirements (to help out the 'skilled' workers and limb marksmen types)

Hope you enjoy.