So, what do you think will be different in the CornellVerse?

[QUOTE=Ramaeno;145196]not to mention his son PJ Strong may be around and so that means maybe PJ is training in Japan under Sam Strongs watch or maybe hes in the states... I dunno... Its gonna be awesome either way.[/QUOTE] That would freakin' rock! PJ should be a teenager by the time 07 comes out, shouldn't he? That's the perfect age to start training (in Japan, at least), isn't it?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly! And PJ is bound to turn out far more advanced than the typical garbage the US "dojos" produce, due to genetics and the focus on all-around ability in Japan. In the US, he'd automatically come out of training hyping his connection to his father and it could get him over without him having a lick of in-ring ability.

Exactly! And PJ is bound to turn out far more advanced than the typical garbage the US "dojos" produce, due to genetics and the focus on all-around ability in Japan. In the US, he'd automatically come out of training hyping his connection to his father and it could get him over without him having a lick of in-ring ability.

What people aren't remembering about Sam Strong is that he was never a great or even good worker. Just as Hogan isn't remembered for any technical classics, Sam Strong isn't remembered for having many good matches. With that in mind, I doubt PJ Strong will turn out to be anything more than an average worker. He'll probably have a good look and charisma out the wazoo, but not be particularly skilled. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Adam made him into a damn good worker, working for BHOTWG. On the subject of Sam Strong, did Peter Valentine get fired from TCW? He's not a good worker what so ever and was only on the roster because he was Sam Strong's friend. I could check WreSpi2 for the info, but I'm just in one of those lazy moods.

What people aren't remembering about Sam Strong is that he was never a great or even good worker. Just as Hogan isn't remembered for any technical classics, Sam Strong isn't remembered for having many good matches. With that in mind, I doubt PJ Strong will turn out to be anything more than an average worker. He'll probably have a good look and charisma out the wazoo, but not be particularly skilled. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Adam made him into a damn good worker, working for BHOTWG. On the subject of Sam Strong, did Peter Valentine get fired from TCW? He's not a good worker what so ever and was only on the roster because he was Sam Strong's friend. I could check WreSpi2 for the info, but I'm just in one of those lazy moods.

I like to create my own stuff to add to the fabric of my own personal CornellVerse, so I can't help but be a little bit concerned that there'll be some new developments in the C-Verse that'll send me back to the drawing board. Also, for the record, Peter Valentine is still a part of TCW as of WreSpi 2. He may have gotten the job as a result of his friendship with The Strongman, but maybe he was willing to job to Wolf Hawkins, (Cornell's Boy), to keep it. Just a thought. :D

I like to create my own stuff to add to the fabric of my own personal CornellVerse, so I can't help but be a little bit concerned that there'll be some new developments in the C-Verse that'll send me back to the drawing board. Also, for the record, Peter Valentine is still a part of TCW as of WreSpi 2. He may have gotten the job as a result of his friendship with The Strongman, but maybe he was willing to job to Wolf Hawkins, (Cornell's Boy), to keep it. Just a thought. :D

[QUOTE=MarcK;145250]Sam Strong works with BHOTWG, just to clarify. In fact, they brought him in to give them some more credibility after INSPIRE knocked them silly.[/QUOTE] Indeed. Thanks for correcting me. I thought it was INSPIRE that brought him in due to the fans love of history but it t'was Hammer, I need to re-read that article I feel.

[QUOTE=MarcK;145250]Sam Strong works with BHOTWG, just to clarify. In fact, they brought him in to give them some more credibility after INSPIRE knocked them silly.[/QUOTE] Indeed. Thanks for correcting me. I thought it was INSPIRE that brought him in due to the fans love of history but it t'was Hammer, I need to re-read that article I feel.

[QUOTE=scorpion;145268]Thats a good question. Will PJ Strong be the next Bret Hart/Curt Hennig or the next David Sammartino/David Flair[/QUOTE] Dude, come on. Of course PJ Strong won't be the next Jr. Sammartino or Flair. He's not a David. :) However, he probably could be the next Kelly Kiniski and have that same effect.

[QUOTE=scorpion;145268]Thats a good question. Will PJ Strong be the next Bret Hart/Curt Hennig or the next David Sammartino/David Flair[/QUOTE] Dude, come on. Of course PJ Strong won't be the next Jr. Sammartino or Flair. He's not a David. :) However, he probably could be the next Kelly Kiniski and have that same effect.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;145355]Big Smack Scott will hold the TCW World Title after being brought in to job to RDJ and breaking his neck with a sloppy piledriver 8 minutes into the match, then covering him to the shock of the referee. Also, Giant Redwood will start his own promotion and hold the Title in it.[/QUOTE] BS Scott already works for SWF as of WreSpi2, so its more likely that he would be up for breaking Steve Frehley's neck with that piledriver. Actually, knowing BS Scott (as I always call him), he's probably hospitalised half of the SWF's roster, forcing them to make new stars out of people like Marc DuBois and The Bumfholes who have all gone power mad with their Jesus pushes and decided to make a break for freedom and signed with DaVE. Naturally, SWF have signed Jim Force, Land Mass and The Minor Annoyance to fill those voids, while DaVE have become a global powehouse in pro wrestling. :) Derek B

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;145355]Big Smack Scott will hold the TCW World Title after being brought in to job to RDJ and breaking his neck with a sloppy piledriver 8 minutes into the match, then covering him to the shock of the referee. Also, Giant Redwood will start his own promotion and hold the Title in it.[/QUOTE] BS Scott already works for SWF as of WreSpi2, so its more likely that he would be up for breaking Steve Frehley's neck with that piledriver. Actually, knowing BS Scott (as I always call him), he's probably hospitalised half of the SWF's roster, forcing them to make new stars out of people like Marc DuBois and The Bumfholes who have all gone power mad with their Jesus pushes and decided to make a break for freedom and signed with DaVE. Naturally, SWF have signed Jim Force, Land Mass and The Minor Annoyance to fill those voids, while DaVE have become a global powehouse in pro wrestling. :) Derek B

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;145508]CZCW, having turned their back on their fans and embraced sports entertainment, is now rivaling DaVE for the #3 spot across the country... except in the southwest, where a backlash has turned fans against their former favorite company. What? That's how I'd do it...[/QUOTE] Don't forget a Tidal Booking every month.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;145508]CZCW, having turned their back on their fans and embraced sports entertainment, is now rivaling DaVE for the #3 spot across the country... except in the southwest, where a backlash has turned fans against their former favorite company. What? That's how I'd do it...[/QUOTE] Don't forget a Tidal Booking every month.

Archived