So, what do you think will be different in the CornellVerse?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of those are "The Cornellverse" :D Big Smack Scott, are you serious? Tommy Cornell is Tommy Cornell, nothing can change that. In my eyes, guys like Black Eagle, Hell Monkey, Am. Elemental, Darryl Devine, Champagne Lover, Snap Dragon and Frankie Perez are "The Cornellverse" for me :)

None of those are "The Cornellverse" :D Big Smack Scott, are you serious? Tommy Cornell is Tommy Cornell, nothing can change that. In my eyes, guys like Black Eagle, Hell Monkey, Am. Elemental, Darryl Devine, Champagne Lover, Snap Dragon and Frankie Perez are "The Cornellverse" for me :)

I would like to see Marc DuBois get more over. I really like that character. And hopefully BHOTWG will have some good wind; I love their Super Junior division.

I would like to see Marc DuBois get more over. I really like that character. And hopefully BHOTWG will have some good wind; I love their Super Junior division.

Ed Larkins and Joey Poison need a good push. Larkins was awesome in every game I played (Phenomenal E. from 4C) And I think there should be an option to choose whether or not people have great chemistry, or good chemistry. Say CM Punk and Samoa Joe, in a real life scenario (I play Cornellverse but this is an example) Say you use them and they have horrible chemistry together? Thats not right. I think that the editor should allow you to change this before you start a game, and then randomize the rest. Same scenario in 4C, Warren Technique and Joey Poison were supposed to have amazing matches that put themselves, and 4C on the map, but in my game they had horrible chemistry.

Ed Larkins and Joey Poison need a good push. Larkins was awesome in every game I played (Phenomenal E. from 4C) And I think there should be an option to choose whether or not people have great chemistry, or good chemistry. Say CM Punk and Samoa Joe, in a real life scenario (I play Cornellverse but this is an example) Say you use them and they have horrible chemistry together? Thats not right. I think that the editor should allow you to change this before you start a game, and then randomize the rest. Same scenario in 4C, Warren Technique and Joey Poison were supposed to have amazing matches that put themselves, and 4C on the map, but in my game they had horrible chemistry.

The only way that would be able to work is if there was a limit of say, 5 combinations of people who could have chemistry. Otherwise, people would abuse the absolute bejebus out of it and the game would be *far* too easy. Which of course, is what alot of people want.. because heaven forbid you have to change plans because two of your "god-like" workers dont have chemistry with each other.

The only way that would be able to work is if there was a limit of say, 5 combinations of people who could have chemistry. Otherwise, people would abuse the absolute bejebus out of it and the game would be *far* too easy. Which of course, is what alot of people want.. because heaven forbid you have to change plans because two of your "god-like" workers dont have chemistry with each other.

[QUOTE=theunholyicon;145744]Ed Larkins and Joey Poison need a good push. Larkins was awesome in every game I played (Phenomenal E. from 4C) And I think there should be an option to choose whether or not people have great chemistry, or good chemistry. Say CM Punk and Samoa Joe, in a real life scenario (I play Cornellverse but this is an example) Say you use them and they have horrible chemistry together? Thats not right. I think that the editor should allow you to change this before you start a game, and then randomize the rest. Same scenario in 4C, Warren Technique and Joey Poison were supposed to have amazing matches that put themselves, and 4C on the map, but in my game they had horrible chemistry.[/QUOTE] While I would agree to a point, I already suggested that. Torri's right too. While I was thinking that editing in some chemistry combos (Manami Toyota & Kyoko Inoue, Toyota & Mayumi Ozaki, Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada as a tag team, Cheerleader Melissa & Mariko Yoshida/Mercedes Martinez/Sara del Ray, etc), Torri's absolutely right. It would be abused to no end for the very reason she gave. But here's what Adam said about it: [QUOTE=Adam Ryland;133131]Just to comment on one, the Chemistry thing will almost certainly not change in any potential sequels. The reason being is that this is controlled by their "hidden destiny value", and its relation to the other person's; for example if they're precisely 378 apart (I'm simplifying it for explanatory purposes), then it might mean unbelievable chemistry, 14 apart might mean zero chemistry. As you noted, this is to make every game unique and to add flavour. The reason that this system makes it almost impossible to pre-program is simply down to basic logic. Just taking a basic triangle problem, let's say you wanted A&B to have chemistry, B&C to hate each other, and A&C to also have chemistry. You'd set A and B to be 378 apart, set A and C to be 378 apart...and then you run into a problem, because B and C can't be the 14 apart that they must be to have zero chemistry. Now, clearly I'm greatly simplifying this to get my point across, and obviously that example wouldn't be too hard to get around in the long run. But that's just 3 people, and already it's getting confusing. Now imagine the same problem applied to a web of 25 people....70 people....200 people! Even with a computer you'd have major problems sorting out that web. So the only way to implement pre-programed chemistry would be to have a totally different way of approaching it, and I'm a big fan of the existing way myself, as I love the fact that every game is unique.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=theunholyicon;145744]Ed Larkins and Joey Poison need a good push. Larkins was awesome in every game I played (Phenomenal E. from 4C) And I think there should be an option to choose whether or not people have great chemistry, or good chemistry. Say CM Punk and Samoa Joe, in a real life scenario (I play Cornellverse but this is an example) Say you use them and they have horrible chemistry together? Thats not right. I think that the editor should allow you to change this before you start a game, and then randomize the rest. Same scenario in 4C, Warren Technique and Joey Poison were supposed to have amazing matches that put themselves, and 4C on the map, but in my game they had horrible chemistry.[/QUOTE] While I would agree to a point, I already suggested that. Torri's right too. While I was thinking that editing in some chemistry combos (Manami Toyota & Kyoko Inoue, Toyota & Mayumi Ozaki, Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada as a tag team, Cheerleader Melissa & Mariko Yoshida/Mercedes Martinez/Sara del Ray, etc), Torri's absolutely right. It would be abused to no end for the very reason she gave. But here's what Adam said about it: [QUOTE=Adam Ryland;133131]Just to comment on one, the Chemistry thing will almost certainly not change in any potential sequels. The reason being is that this is controlled by their "hidden destiny value", and its relation to the other person's; for example if they're precisely 378 apart (I'm simplifying it for explanatory purposes), then it might mean unbelievable chemistry, 14 apart might mean zero chemistry. As you noted, this is to make every game unique and to add flavour. The reason that this system makes it almost impossible to pre-program is simply down to basic logic. Just taking a basic triangle problem, let's say you wanted A&B to have chemistry, B&C to hate each other, and A&C to also have chemistry. You'd set A and B to be 378 apart, set A and C to be 378 apart...and then you run into a problem, because B and C can't be the 14 apart that they must be to have zero chemistry. Now, clearly I'm greatly simplifying this to get my point across, and obviously that example wouldn't be too hard to get around in the long run. But that's just 3 people, and already it's getting confusing. Now imagine the same problem applied to a web of 25 people....70 people....200 people! Even with a computer you'd have major problems sorting out that web. So the only way to implement pre-programed chemistry would be to have a totally different way of approaching it, and I'm a big fan of the existing way myself, as I love the fact that every game is unique.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the uniqueness, I really do. Its a great thing. BUT, its the same with having an editor, or an in game editor. People could edit stats to no end. Its not a huge issue for me, seeings how I use Cornellverse, but I've always thought it could be a problem for people using real world mods (which I have already defended TEW several times against people complaining that things 'don't work well' for the real world mods, because its NOT a real world game) But Adam seems to want to make things appealing for both camps so, reason why I brought it up.

I agree with the uniqueness, I really do. Its a great thing. BUT, its the same with having an editor, or an in game editor. People could edit stats to no end. Its not a huge issue for me, seeings how I use Cornellverse, but I've always thought it could be a problem for people using real world mods (which I have already defended TEW several times against people complaining that things 'don't work well' for the real world mods, because its NOT a real world game) But Adam seems to want to make things appealing for both camps so, reason why I brought it up.

I think Phil Chase will become a sought after worker in North America or the UK...well, if he's in the 07. I created him in my 05 game...but yeah. Sam Keith does a tour of Mexico which become one of the most talked about tours of the year. Speaking of lucha, Spanish Superfly and Champagne Lover invade the American indies as a vet-youngster tag duo. Yeah, that's looking nice. And Big Smack Scott's "Live at the Budokan" DVD comes out in 07, right? You [i]have[/i] to get that bad boy.

I think Phil Chase will become a sought after worker in North America or the UK...well, if he's in the 07. I created him in my 05 game...but yeah. Sam Keith does a tour of Mexico which become one of the most talked about tours of the year. Speaking of lucha, Spanish Superfly and Champagne Lover invade the American indies as a vet-youngster tag duo. Yeah, that's looking nice. And Big Smack Scott's "Live at the Budokan" DVD comes out in 07, right? You [i]have[/i] to get that bad boy.

I'd like to see 4C having gained some ground on the big two in Canada. They were at about the same size from 04 through WreSpi, and then into 05, and are still Small in WreSpi2 ... so some growth there would be great ... maybe have a couple of workers from NOTBPW and CGC jump ship to 4C to help the growth ... Speaking of the Canadian promotions ... how about a falling out with one of the family members, resulting in either a DeColt being in NOTBPW or a Stone being in CGC ... or either one being the driving force behind 4C ... Ooh ... that is a great idea ... one of the Stones or DeColts has a falling out with the rest of the family, and joins forces with Troy Winner to help 4C compete against his/her family ... I would like to suggest Sean McFly and Victoria Stone personally ... Or one of the DeColts and Tamara McFly ... tee hee ... like Romeo and Juliet with that last one ... lol

Archived