Jushin "Thunder" Lyger: The Innovator

Week 2, October 1984 (Wednesday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] The feud continues! Tonight in the Main Event, Match 5 of my series with [B]El Satanico[/B]. [B][U]Match 142: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I do my best, but El Satanico is firmly in control from the get-go. Late in the match he avoids a standing shooting star press and the end is near for me. Satanico hits a Rana and I try to fight back, slipping his attempt at a Fisherman's Buster. As I rush him, he monkey flips me across the ring and pounces to lock on a Cavernaria Clutch. I won't quit, but the damage is done as he easily scoops me up for an Arrow Suplex and the pin at 15:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] And with that, El Satanico takes the lead at three matches to two. [U][B][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/B][/U] My second tough Main Event in two days pits me against the wily [B]Perro Aguayo[/B]. [B][U]Match 143: Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] A hard fought match in which we are both exhausted by the end. The first pinfall attempt comes after I toss Aguayo out and hit my handspring body press suicida, following with an Indian Deathlock on the cold floor. A roll in nets a two count and I try to keep the momentum with an Avalanche Brainbuster. Aguayo breaks it and nails me with a flying forearm, a seated bionic elbow, and a Suastica Stretch. I won't quit so he nails me with a running elbow smash, splitting open a nasty gash over my eye. He covers for a two count and as I get up he whips me into the ropes and connects with a Flying Forearm Smash. Another near fall! He tries for a Face Crusher next, but I shove him through the ropes and hit a handspring body press suicida. He fights back, stunning me long enough for him to enter the ring and sail out with a pescado. He goes for it again, but this time I'm ready and all he hits is concrete. As he gets up, I nail him with a running palm and put him on a table. Unfortunately, he rolls off and I take the full impact of my SBASuicida on myself. Aguayo drags me back into the ring and gives me an inverted atomic drop then hits a Face Crusher. He covers, but I find the strength to kick out! A Running Elbow Smash puts me down again, but again I kick out! The crowd roars as I duck his next Running Elbow and hook him up in a Fisherman's Suplex. 1...2...th...El Satanico from out of nowhere breaks up the pin!!! I attempt an Avalanche Brainbuster, but Aguayo slips it and chops my neck, hammers me with a bionic elbow, chops my neck again, whips me into the ropes and nails me with a Flying Forearm Smash and it's all over at 33:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] The crowd is incensed and rain garbage down on the ring as Aguayo celebrates his victory with El Satanico by his side. [U][B][COLOR=Blue]Friday[/COLOR][/B][/U] An extremely busy and surprising day as not one, not two, but three separate promotions contact me! Apparently word is getting around and I couldn't be happier, though it does force some tough decisions. I talk to [B]Peter Maivia [/B] about his Hawaiian promotion, [B]Polynesian Pro Wrestling[/B], and he explains that they are in the market for a midcarder at $50 per appearance. The promotion has a singles title and a tag title available to my weight class and the added advantage of being closer to home. The big problem, however is that they run shows on Mondays and Thursdays, in direct conflict with my UWA commitment. The way things are going in UWA, I don't want to leave at the moment, so I politely decline the offer. Next up is [B]Ron Fuller [/B] from [B]Southeastern Championship Wrestling[/B]. They are quite close to where I'm working now, so the travel wouldn't be bad, and they're offering the same deal as PPW: $50 ppa as a midcarder. The major drawback is that the only title available to me would be the tag team titles, and after my experience with CSW and a lack of booking I decide to turn Fuller down too. The last offer on the table is the biggest. [B]Eddie Graham [/B] from [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida [/B] is in the market for an opener. I figure it wouldn't take any time at all to advance my roster position and they have a TV title and a tag title available to me, so I ask about the pay. He's offering $50 ppa for a year. I decide to see if he won't offer a little more, but he gets really angry and tells me I know nothing about the business, before slamming the phone down! I'm in shock, but I've learned a valuable lesson... So, three offers and three rejections and I'll be staying where I am for awhile. Unless an offer comes from somewhere else. It would be good for me to get into a regional U.S. promotion, so I'll tread carefully if another one of those comes up.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Week 3, October 1984 (Monday-Tuesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] The hottest feud in UWA continues tonight in the Main Event and it's an important match. If I win, the feud will continue, if [B]El Satanico [/B] wins, it's all over. [B][U]Match 144: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] El Satanico is all over me from the opening bell, dominating me with his power and rough brawling techniques. I barely get any offense in as he hammers me from pillar to post. I finally manage to get him out of the ring in an attempt to mount a comeback. I connect with a baseball slide and start working his legs on the outside. A surfboard weakens him enough to allow for a double underhook suplex on the concrete and I follow with a standing shooting star press and a handspring moonsault. It all breaks down when I try to press the advantage with an apron dive somersault smash. I miss and land hard on the floor. Sensing his advantage, El Satanico locks on a Cruceta de la Enfermero(?) and I scream with the pain in my back. When He feels I've had enough, he rolls me back into the ring for the easy pinfall at 20:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] So my first major feud in Mexico ends on a low note, but I figure I have plenty of time to make up for it. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Tuesday - PNW[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back up north, I've got my second match for Pacific Northwest Wrestling, this time against another young rookie with a strong amateur background. [B][U]Match 145: Scott Steiner vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] This turns out to be a pretty tough match, due to Steiner's power. He does most of his damage with running clotheslines but I manage to come back with a Russian Legsweep and a Rolling Romero Special. He won't quit, so it takes a Crucifix Cradle at 16:00 to keep his shoulders on the mat. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

Week 3, October 1984 (Wednesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight's Main Event has me facing Perro Aguayo again and it turns into one hell of a match! [B][U]Match 146: Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] We beat each other senseless until it's time to head to the finish. And what a finish! I'm down on the mat and Aguayo lands on me with a double-footed stomp and gets a two count. He whips me into the ropes and hits a Running Body Press for a second near fall. I fight back and plant him with a Fisherman's Buster for a pinfall attempt of my own. I whip him to the corner and hoist him up on the turnbuckle, but he fights back and lands a flying elbow smash. He whips me into the ropes, but I reverse it and he collides with the referee. A well timed lightning kick flattens him and I apply the Indian Deathlock. Unfortunately, with no referee, there's no one to submit to. He breaks my Avalanche Brainbuster attempt with a roundhouse body punch and opens me up with a with a seated bionic elbow. Some hammer blows, a bear squeeze and an inverted atomic drop later, and the ref recovers just in time to see Aguayo land a Running Body Press and count the two. Frustrated, he tries to toss me over the top rope, but I slip out and drive him down with an Avalanche Brainbuster. He gets a shoulder up and fights back, nailing me with a Running Elbow Smash for a near fall. After a flying forearm, Aguayo manages to toss me over the top and gets warned by the referee. He ignores the warning, of course, and hits me with a baseball slide as I try to get in the ring. He drags me back in and whips me into the referee, who can't seem to stay out of the way tonight! I fall on top of this Running Body Press and get up to lock on a surfboard and a Rolling Romero Special. Aguayo slips out of an Indian Deathlock and tosses me over the top again. I avoid his baseball slide and hit an enziguri, but he comes right back with a punch, drags me in, hits a flying double axe handle and tosses me over the top for a third time just before the ref recovers. And here's where it gets unbelievable. Aguayo drags me in and hits a Face Crusher. I kick out. Running Elbow Smash! 2! Face Crusher! Shoulder up! Running Elbow Smash! Near fall! Face Crusher!! Foot on the ropes! Face Crusher!! Kick out! Face Crusher!!! I won't stay down! Running Elbow Smash!!! I get a shoulder up! Face Crusher!!!! 1...2...th...Kick out! Nine finishing attempts in a row and I won't give in! He tries another Running Elbow Smash and I duck it, hooking him up for a Fisherman's Suplex out of nowhere to get the pin at 40:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B] The crowd chants my name as I make my way down the aisle. This match is definitely my favorite so far!

• 2 weeks later...
Week 3, October 1984 (Thursday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday[/COLOR][/U][/B] I've got no match for [B]UWA[/B] on Thursday, but instead I get a call from [B]Jerry Jarrett [/B] up in Memphis. He says he's heard good things and wonders if I'd considering coming to work for him for awhile. I ask for all the details and tell him I'll call him back in a few hours. He's offered me an opener position at $50 per appearance, and while it will interfere with my Monday scheduling in Mexico, it should cause any other problems there. But working four jobs is simply too much for me... I decide, after chatting with a few of my UWA friends, to take Jarrett up on his offer. I call up [B]Don Owen [/B] and [B]Brian Dixon [/B] and let them know I'll be leaving [B]PNW[/B] and [B]ASWUK[/B] respectively. I haven't been with either promotion long, so they don't seem to mind one way or the other. [B]CWA[/B] has a much wider fanbase and should allow me a little more exposure to the US market. An added bonus is that they do have a fairly prestigious singles title available, the [B]AWA International [/B] held by [B]Austin Idol[/B]. I hang up the phone, satisfied that I've made a good choice for my career. Besides the fact that my travel time is now greatly reduced.

Week 3, October 1984 (Friday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I've made my way up to Memphis for my debut with CWA. Backstage I meet the booker and top draw around here, [B]Jerry Lawler[/B]. He seems like a nice guy and he lets me know I'll be debuting in a tag match to open the show. [B][U]Match 147: Gerry Morrow & Warlord vs. Flyin' Fuji & Gypsy Joe[/U][/B] Our opponents are both big men, but it makes no difference as Gypsy Joe and I absolutely dominate! I'm in the ring with Morrow at the finish and I slip behind him and lock on a Suastica Stretch. He won't quit, so I put his shoulders to the mat with a Crucifix Cradle. He won't stay down, so I pull out the heavy artillery and plant him with an Inverted Piledriver for the pin at 12:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] Not a bad start to my career here! I have the weekend off and then another match near here on Monday, so I take the weekend to look into some cheap apartments. Nothing is definite yet, but I have a good feeling about this place.

Week 4, October 1984 (Monday-Wednesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I'm set for my first singles match in CWA tonight against [B]Tracy Smothers[/B]. [B][U]Match 148: Tracy Smothers vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Not a lot to say in this one except that I am absolutely dominant. Smothers can't get a move in edgewise and I put him away with an Inverted Piledriver at the 9 minute mark. [B]Rating:[COLOR=Red] C[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Tuesday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight it's tag action as I partner with [B]Jerry O[/B] against [B]Tommy Lane [/B] and the sixteen-year-old [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B]. [B][U]Match 149: Tommy Lane & Eddie Guerrero vs. Flyin' Fuji & Jerry O[/U][/B] Again, our opponents don't seem to stand a chance, mounting very little offense throughout the bout. At the finish it's me and Lane in the ring as I lock on a Suastica Stretch. Lane won't quit so I drive him into the canvas with an Inverted Piledriver, which nets a two count. A quick Crucifix Cradle finally does the job at 19:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] 3 and 0 is not a bad way to begin my CWA run! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back in Mexico, I'm booked in a bit of a squash against the much larger, but lower-ranked [B]Neil Guay[/B]. [B][U]Match 150: Neil Guay vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] For the third night running, I totally dominate my opponent with my quick attack. Guay is a big man though, so I need to make it very high risk to pull off a win. Tossing him out, I follow with a Handspring Body Attack Suicida and then mount the turnbuckles for my patented SBASuicida. It's along way down to the floor, but I connect and drag him back in for the three at 13:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

Week 4, October 1984 (Thursday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday[/COLOR][/U][/B] No match for me tonight, but I get a call from [B]Boris Malenko [/B] at [B]Central States[/B]. He offers me an opener spot at $50 per show, but I politely decline as my plate is pretty full at the moment. It feels really good to have had so many offers lately though. My star is definitely on the rise! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight, I'll be facing the young [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B] in a singles match to start the show. [B][U]Match 151: Eddie Guerrero vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I'm very impressed by the 16 year old, and he really gives me a run for my money throughout the match. He comes from a wrestling family and it really shows! My match experience proves to be the deciding factor and it finally takes a Running Fuji Bomb on the outside to put him away at 14:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] And that ends one year in my wrestling career. I can hardly believe it. The time has gone by so fast and I've learned so much. Here's hoping the next year is even more successful!

Week 1, November 1984 (Monday-Wednesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] After a nice weekend hanging around Memphis, I'm ready to begin the second year of my wrestling career. I'm in tag action again tonight and partnering with [B]Sunny War Cloud[/B]. [U][B]Match 152: Eddie Guerrero & Ben Bassarab vs. Sunny War Cloud & Flyin' Fuji[/B][/U] This will go down as one of the worst matches of my career, but it really shouldn't count as I don't even make it into the ring. I scream for the tag for several minutes as Guerrero and Bassarab work over War Cloud. Bassarab gets the quick pin at 8:00 with a Slingshot Sunset Flip. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] I try not to let my temper get the better of me as War Cloud makes his apologies in the locker room. So much for my CWA win streak. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] When I get back to Mexico, the UWA locker room is in an absolute uproar! Apparently, [B]Carlos Flores[/B], our booker and son of the company's owner has jumped ship to our biggest rival, [B]CMLL[/B], leaving a great deal of confusion in his wake. No one seems sure who is in charge so we bascially make our own matches for the night. [B]Mil Mascaras [/B] pulls me aside and asks if I'll team with him in the Main Event and of course, I agree. [B][U]Match 153: Perro Aguayo & El Satanico vs. Mil Mascaras & Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Everyone seems really distracted by the backstage politics and no one's heart is in the match. It's a pretty standard affair and I pick up the surprise pinfall on El Stanico with a Standing Shooting Star Press at 27:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B]

I thought that you had to be 18 to wrestle? What the heck is the 16 year old Eddie Guererro. It's awfully tough to win with, never mind wrestle against, a person with the "indian" gimmick. It seems like they use a whole bunch of low level moves and kill the rating. I found that out with my matches against Billy Two Eagles and Don Running Bear. IMO, the only "indian" that would be good is Wahoo McDaniel. It looks like something major is happening in UWA with the departure of the head booker. They may end up dropping in size, which is what happened in mine at WCCW when Fritz Von Erich stepped down as head booker. You deserved the shot to be in the main event with the legendary "Man of a thousand masks", Mil Mascaras. Are you over enough for a shot with CMLL if something goes sour in the future?

Week 1, November 1984 (Thursday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back at CWA, Lawler asks if I wouldn't mind having a gimmick match on tonight's show. I ask what he has in mind and my face lights up when he says "Tables"! I've been breaking tables since my career began so I'm looking forward to doing it legally for the first time. [U][B]Match 154: Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko vs. Tommy Lane & Flyin' Fuji - [COLOR=Lime]Tag Team Tables Match[/COLOR][/B][/U] Lane and I dominate the competition throughout this one, dealing out a great deal of punishment to both our opponents. Toward the end, I put Guerrero on the top turnbuckle and drive him to the canvas with a Super Fisherman's Buster. Somehow he slips my Rolling Romero and makes the hot tag to Malenko. Malenko whips me into the ropes but I avoid his dropkick attempt and give him a double underhook suplex. As he stands, I hit him with a flurry of palm thrusts and hook him up to deliver an Avalanche Brainbuster. Sensing that the end is near, I drag him outside and lay a chair out at ringside. A second Avalanche Brainbuster on the chair and the crowd goes wild. Not satisfied, I deliver an Inverted Piledriver on the chair, busting Malenko open and dragging him onto a ringside table. I signal the crowd from the top and the cheer goes up as I sail off the top with my SBASuicida, shattering the table and Malenko to win the match at 21:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B- [/COLOR] [/B] That was great fun! :D

Week 2, November 1984 (Monday-Tuesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Another relaxing weekend and then it's back to work, teaming with [B]Tommy Lane[/B] again. [B][U]Match 155: Dean Malenko & Warlord vs. Tommy Lane & Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] No tables this time, but we rough up Malenko all the same until he manages to make a tag to the massive Warlord. The big man beats the hell out me for a good five minutes until I'm able to make a tag to Lane. As I recover in our corner, Lane does a great job of picking Warlord apart. Warlord tags in a refreshed Malenko and he and Lane are neck in neck for the next few minutes. Tommy hits a back suplex, shaking Malenko up, before whipping him into the corner and tagging me in. I put Malenko on the turnbuckles and climb up, hooking a Super Fisherman's Buster for the pin and the win at 22:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 2, November 1984 (Wednesday-Thursday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back at UWA a decision has been made. The new booker will be [B]Ultraman[/B]. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes with a wrestler booking all the matches. [B][U]Match 156: Juan Rivera vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Rivera is fresh off a rudo turn here and seems eager to prove something. He does a really good job of it, keeping me on the mat for most of the match. I can feel the match slipping away so I toss him out and hit a Handspring Body Attack Suicida. Setting a chair on the floor, I hear a few scattered boos as I plant Juan with an Inverted Piledriver on the chair. The referee is incensed as I roll the bleeding Rivera into the ring and make a cover. Somehow he gets a foot on the ropes and I'm forced to break the pin. I try to keep the momentum with a Crucifix Cradle, but Rivera falls on top and picks up a two count. I stand and he catches me in a Rana and follows with a double knee lift that knocks the wind out of me. As I'm doubled over, he locks on a Cavernaria Clutch and I'm forced to quit at 24:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] Forced to submit to a midcarder won't do wonders for my status around here, that's for sure.

Week 2, November 1984 (Friday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Another Tables match tonight in Memphis, this time against the masked Spoiler. I'm told there are two Spoilers working in the U.S. right now and my opponent is the lesser of the two. Doesn't mean I'll take him lightly though. [U][B]Match 157: Spoiler vs. Flyin' Fuji - [COLOR=Lime]Table Match[/COLOR][/B][/U] Spoiler's bigger than me, so I do my best to keep him grounded in the early going. He comes back with hard brawling and I'm in trouble and hurting. We go back and forth for awhile, neither of us allowing the other to go for a table until I toss him outside and attempt a Handspring Body Attack Suicida. He ducks it and I hit the floor hard, giving him a chance to slide a table into the ring and set it up. I get back into the ring to be met with a double axe handle which sends me reeling. Spoiler slips something into his hand, but I duck his Brass Knuckle Punch and toss him out again. My pescado connects and when he stands, I nail him with a hard running palm, sending him sprawling onto a table. I mount the turnbuckles and sail off onto Spoiler and the table with and SBASuicida. Wood goes everywhere and a cheer goes up as the referee calls for the bell at 16:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Three straight B- matches as you continue a great job in entertaining the fans. Too bad about the loss to Rivera. You should have won that match but he stayed right with you. Don "The Spoiler" Jardine in GCW would have been a much better threat to beat you than this Spoiler in CWA. There's only one true Spoiler and he's in GCW, right D.Boon?

Week 3, November 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I'll be facing the team of [B]Warlord[/B] and [B]Dean Malenko [/B] again, this time with [B]Tracy Smothers [/B] as my partner. [B][U]Match 158: Dean Malenko & Warlord vs. Flyin' Fuji & Tracy Smothers[/U][/B] This turns out to be a pretty tough bout, as Warlord and Malenko seem to be working well as a unit. Warlord's got the power and Malenko got the skills and their quick tags really wear Smothers and me out. We barely manage to pick up the win off a Smothers DDT on Warlord at 28:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Not such a busy week as UWA's new booker doesn't need me on the card. I hang around Memphis until Friday when it's time for another Tables match! [B][U]Match 159: Dean Malenko vs. Flyin' Fuji - [COLOR=Lime]Tables Match[/COLOR][/U][/B] Malenko and I fight tooth and nail through this one, exchanging blow for blow and hold for hold. I get a taste of his Texas Cloverleaf more than once and he gets an Avalanche Brainbuster and a Running Fuji Bomb in return. Malenko takes advantage of my pain to slide a table into the ring and set it up. He then tries to give me an irish whip, but I've recovered enough to reverse it and send him up and over with a High Backdrop through the table to pick up the win at 26:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 4, November 1984 (Monday-Wednesday) [B][U][COLOR=Lime]Monday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I'm in the opener tonight against a familiar face from [B]Stampede[/B] in Ben [B]Bassarab[/B]. [B][U]Match 160: Ben Bassarab vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] This turns out to be a show stealer with Bassarab throwing everything but the kitchen sink at me. The referee can't seem to stay on his feet and falls down three times during the match. Lucky for me it turns out, since Bassarab hits every Springboard Body Press and Running Body Press he attempts. As the ref finally recovers, I decide it's time to pull out all the stops and toss Bassarb through the ropes. My Handspring Body Attack Suicida connects on the floor and I drag him back in before locking on a Rolling Romero Special for the submission victory at 26:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back in Mexico, [B]Ultraman[/B] has seen fit to book me in a tag match with [B]The Cobra[/B], instead of my usual Main Event spot. Seems that loss to [B]Rivera [/B] has hurt quite a bit and I aim to show everyone that it was a fluke. [B][U]Match 161: Masahiro Chono & Pez Whatley vs. Flyin' Fuji & The Cobra[/U][/B] All goes according to plan and The Cobra and I completely dominate our opponents. I plant Chono with a Running Fuji Bomb for the win at 19:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

Week 4, November 1984 (Thursday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]Ultraman[/B] comes up to me in the locker room before the show and tells me that he's giving me an interview. I try to protest, out of nervousness, and claim that my Spanish isn't good enough. He justs laughs and tells me to do my best. Before my match I go the ring and begin to talk to the crowd. My broken Spanish seems to go over well and I'm getting comfortable when [B]Perro Aguayo [/B] comes out to insult me. I manage to win over the crowd with a few simple insults and after three minutes they are fully behind me and booing Aguayo out of the building. [B]Villano I[/B] comes out and my match begins. [B][U]Match 162: Villano I vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] The match is very fast paced and we are both pretty tired when I hit Villano with a rolling wheel kick and lock on a surfboard. I follow up with a handspring moonsault and then climb the turnbuckles to deliver a flying palm thrust. As he staggers, I nail him with a running palm off the ropes. He rolls out of the way of my standing shooting star press and drags me up for an airplane spin toss. He tries to apply La Cruceta del Enfermero, but I slip behind him and attempt a release German Suplex. He wrenches free and stuns me with a punch before hoisting me up in an Uranage Slam and getting a pin at 17:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] Unfortunately, not the result I was hoping for in my return to the Main Event. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I've got my hands full tonight in singles action against the massive[B] Warlord[/B]. [B][U]Match 163: Warlord vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I manage to get more offense in thanks to my speed, but Warlord is so strong it only takes a few moves for him to hurt me badly. This one is much longer than either of us are conditioned for, but the crowd is pretty enthusiastic, so we push each other to the limit. I manage to lock on a couple of Indian Deathlocks late in the match, but Warlord won't quit and retaliates by tosses me to the ringside floor with his Press Slam of Death. On the outside, he softens my ribs considerably with a series of spears and his manager, Jean-Louis Cormier gets involved, distracting the referee on several occasions. I manage to connect with a running palm, leaving Warlord on a table as I scale the turnbuckles. As I'm sailing through the air with my SBASuicida, Cormier pulls Warlord off the table and I land hard, crashing through the table to the floor. Warlord takes advantage and rolls me in, whips me to the ropes and nailing a brutal Spear to end the match at 34:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] No match today, but I have a meeting with [B]Francisco Flores [/B] to discuss my contract. He wants to keep me on, so I agree to a three month extension at $330 per appearance. I tell him how much I enjoy the promotion and hint that I might like a title shot sometime soon. I may have to take some drastic measures with [B]Mil Mascaras [/B] holding all the belts, though.

I've actually played out to the end of the year, so I'll post all the stats once that gets updated. All the stats are progressing nicely, though. In a few months I should be able to do a Shooting Star Press off the top! (unless it's more difficult to pull off in the most recent DOTT update :eek: ) My Mexican overness is also at 59 right now, so I should be able to do some good with that in the coming year. :D But stay tuned... I'll post a complete year-end report in the next few weeks. Hmm, I guess I'll have to ask Weden if those will count as "actual" diary posts or not. ;)

Archived