Jushin "Thunder" Lyger: The Innovator

Whoa!! Talk about a shocker - Yamada in the U.K.?? This should really help out in your technical skills, as the style over there is as mat based as it comes. Granted, All Star's roster may be completely different than it was to start - but the majority of workers from the U.K. are superior, technically speaking. Good Luck! There are some amazing possibilites over there, imo. Imagine working your way up to Joint Promotions, and working with the U.K. Kendo Nagasaki - or Johnny Saint! :)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Week 2, July 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight I get my first Main Event shot in Mexico, the opening match of my feud with [B]El Satanico[/B]! The crowd is small, but they're excited so I'm hoping all goes well. [U][B]Match 108: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/B][/U] The match is okay, not spectacular as I had hoped, but okay. El Satanico does most of the requisite rudo moves, smacking my head off the ringpost, pulling on my mask, etc... And I get in a lot of my trademark high speed offense. Unfortunately, when I slap him a Rolling Romero at the 18 minute mark, he submits. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] I had wanted the match to go a little longer and I'm disappointed that El Satanico gave in so easily. But, at least it's a win and I've got the advantage in the feud. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] The feud is on hold for a few days, to allow El Satanico a chance to recover. Apparently, I wrenched his ankle pretty badly in our first match. So tonight it's six man action. [U][B]Match 109: Gran Apache, Villano I, & Neil Guay vs. Gran Hamada, El Solitario, & Flyin' Fuji[/B][/U] My partners are quite a bit more experienced, so in this match I'm not leading the action. My team is dominating and El Solitario picks up the win at 26:00 with an Arrow Suplex. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - CSW[/COLOR][/U][/B] I get a call from Stu Hart on Wednesday, asking me to come up to Calgary to discuss my contract, so on Thursday I sit down with Bruce and Stu. The offer is very generous, but I explain that I need to get some different experiences and so won't renew my contract. They're disappointed, but I've been so busy with UWA that I haven't had many matches with CSW lately anyway. I thank them very much for the opportunity and all I've learned here and schedule a final match for the following Friday. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] It's time for my UK debut and [B]El Matematico [/B] introduces me around the locker room to some of the guys before we open the show as opponents in a tag match. [U][B]Match 110: David Taylor & El Matematico vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Johnny Kidd[/B][/U] The match is not so great as we're all getting adjusted to each other's styles. I'm impressed by the technical skill of the two young British wrestlers in the match and see that this stint in the UK could be very good for me. At the end of the match, I try to make an impression by pulling out a new move I've been working on. Whipping El Matematico into the corner, I hoist him to the top rope and hook up a Super Fisherman's Buster, wowing the crowd and picking up the win at 23:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] An eventful week, with one stage of my career winding down and a new door opening. Even though I've lost my spot at home, things are definitely looking up.

Guest Weden
David Taylor - (one of the) Best of British... and you beat him in 23 minutes no less! As for the UK/Japan situation - one door closes, another door opens!

Week 3, July 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] A rest early in the week is just what the doctor ordered and I'm raring to go for the second match in my feud with [B]El Satanico[/B]. [B][U]Match 111: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] This one turns out to be a much better contest, but unfortunately I'm on the receiving end of most of the punishment. El Satanico has obviously recovered from his ankle injury as he tosses me over the top and nails me with a beautifully executed pescado. He proceeds to beat the hell out of me at ringside, off the ringpost and the table before rolling me back in. A Cavernaria Clutch has me in a lot of pain, but I won't quit. A Cerrajera Tangle and my screams fill the small hall, but I will not quit! It takes a brutal Fisherman's Buster at 22:00 to put me away and even our series at 1 and 1. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] No match on the schedule but I have a meeting with the Flores brothers. We negotiate a new contract that puts me up to the Main Event with a substantial raise. I'm happy to be getting $271 an appearance for the next three months. Not bad for two months in a new promotion! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday - CSW[/COLOR][/U][/B] This night will be a little bittersweet as it marks my last match for Stampede. I spend a lot of time before the match saying my farewells to the guys in the back, but I'm sure I'll be seeing many of them around a lot as we travel the world in this crazy business. I lace up my boots and head to the ring to wow them one more time. [B][U]Match 112: Leatherface vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/U][/B] The match is a good one. I would have liked to face Loch Ness or the Stomper, but Leatherface proves to be a decent challenge. I counter his power with my speed and I have him in serious trouble with a Frog Splash at the 12 minute mark. He won't stay down, though, and avoids an enziguri before taking over with pure brawling tactics. A series of right hands convinces me that it's time to take it outside for some high risk and my opportunity comes when I manage to avoid his second rope fist drop and toss him through the ropes. I fly over the top with a handspring body press suicida that flattens him. The crowd erupts as I place him on the table and start my climb. The crowd is chanting as I sail off and land square across Leatherface's chest, splintering the table. I drag him back inside and make the cover at 17:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] Stu Hart asks me for fifty dollars for the table as I head out later in the evening and starts to laugh as I pull out my wallet. I smile as he extends his hand and wishes me well. I'll miss this place...

That cheapskate! :) A fantastic end to this Calgary run, XoX. You came in an unknown and left Stampede a regional hero. And that's with being a part-timer! The table breaking (and rating) will leave a lasting impression on the Canadian fans -- and Leatherface's chest, by the sounds of it.

I did check with both New Japan and All Japan, but at 13 overness in Japan, they aren't interested. They're both Cult level promotions at this point, so until one of them drops a level or I increase my overness, I'm out of luck. No matter though, I've got lots of time and the UWA is great for me at this point! The debut of Lyger is quite a ways off though!

Week 4, July 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] A big match on the card tonight as I'm in the Main Event teaming with [B]El Audaz[/B]. [B][U]Match 113: Dr. Wagner & El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji & El Audaz[/U][/B] I'm the youngster in this hard fought battle with three veterans of the lucha libre scene. The action is fast and furious ([I]unfortunately the details were lost with an errant mouse click![/I]) and we're all pretty beat when I surprise Dr. Wagner with a Crucifix Cradle at 39:00 for the win. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] A clean pin on the current UWA World Middleweight champion may put me in title contention in the near future. Here's hoping! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] A fairly easy week, so I'm relaxed and in good shape for my match tonight. My opponent is [B]Black Bart[/B], the big cowboy from UWA who kicked my butt a couple of months back. I'm ready for a little retribution! [B][U]Match 114: Black Bart vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/U][/B] I get into trouble early thanks to his power and brutal brawling technique. There's just no way I can go toe to toe with a guy this size! After brawling on the outside for a little while, he rolls me in and sails off the top with a brutal flying elbow smash. He follows it with a Brainbuster Suplex and covers me, but somehow I find the strength to roll a shoulder off the mat. He goes for the same move again, but I slip it, using his momentum to send him to the ringside floor. A perfectly timed handspring body press suicida connects and I scramble to the apron for a somersault smash. Pressing the advantage I climb to the top turnbuckle. It's along way down, but I go for it and connect with my SBASuicida! I have a hell of a time dragging his huge body into the ring, but when I finally do, he's down for the count at 16:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 1, August 1984 (Monday-Wednesday) Big news in the world of prowrestling as [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling [/B] becomes the first promotion to land an international broadcast agreement. They have made some major deals in the last two weeks, signing the likes of [B]Bobby Heenan[/B], [B]Adrian Adonis[/B], [B]Superstar Billy Graham[/B], [B]Bob Backlund [/B] and the Eighth Wonder of the World, [B]Andre the Giant[/B] to exclusive written contracts! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] My opponent tonight is another young up and comer with family background in the sport, [B]Dean Malenko[/B]. [B][U]Match 115: Dean Malenko vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] We are pretty evenly matched, and I'm tested greatly by Malenko fine technical skills. I take the advantage, however, driving his head to the mat with an Avalanche Brainbuster. Making the cover, El Satanico comes to ringside to distract the referee and add some more heat to our feud. Malenko tries to capitalize, but I avoid his attack and pick him up for a Running Fuji Bomb for the win at 14:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] It's back to the Main Event tonight as I face a veteran rudo in [B]Villano I[/B]. [B][U]Match 116: Villano I vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Very quick pace in this one as we both hit a lot of offense in a short time. Outside the ring, Villano locks on a spinning toehold submission and rolls me in for a nearfall. He tries to follow with a Cerrajera Tangle, but I slip it. He avoids my enziguri and locks on another spinning toehold submission, but I won't quit and he's forced to break the hold. He goes for an Uranage Slam, but I break it, nailing him with a series of roundhouse European uppercuts. He slips my Fisherman's Buster, but I slip his Suastica Stretch and send him sailing over my head with a Release German Suplex. Villano can't recover from that as I pin him at 15:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B]

Week 1, August 1984 (Thursday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Apparently, [B]Villano I [/B] is a little angry at losing to the rookie last night, because it's him and me in a rematch. [B][U]Match 117: Villano I vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Villano is out to prove that last night was fluke and he does a good job of it, dominating me from the start and countering everything I throw at him. With a healthy dose of rulebreaking, he gets me to the outside over the top, and nails me with a flying elbow smash on the floor. I mount a comeback, but he's done his homework as he's got a counter for every finishing manuever I attempt. Back in the ring he nails a flying double axe handle followed by a Flying Body Press for the win at 22:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] Six man tag action in the UK tonight to open the show. [U][B]Match 118: Rick Wiseman, Haku, & Rip Morgan vs. Dorsey Langer, Rocky Moran, & "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/B][/U] We're the opener, but we manage to steal the show with a great match! My side has the advantage as I lock an Indian Deathlock on Haku. He won't quit so I drive his head into the mat with an Inverted Piledriver that has him bleeding. 2! A Crucifix Cradle still won't keep him down, so I tag in Langer. He executes a shoulder breaker on Haku, but his abdominal stretch is broken by a forearm flurry, allowing Haku to tag in Morgan. Langer whips him into the ropes, but Morgan falls on the powerslam attempt and proceeds to tear off the turnbuckle cover to set up some extreme violence. The brief rest is enough for Langer to send Morgan to the ropes with a whip, nailing him with a running clothesline and tagging in Moran. He puts Morgan down with a short arm deep hip toss and when Morgan stands he gets a chrging headbutt to the stomach. Moran tags me back in and I hit a double undehook suplex. Morgan kicks me off an Indian Deathlock and makes a tag to Wiseman. He nails me with a bionic elbow, setting up a British Fall, but I slip behind him and apply the Suastica Stretch. Wiseman won't quit and he counters my Inverted Piledriver attempt with a forearm and a running neckbreaker. He goes for the neckbreaker again, but I toss him out to the floor. My pescado doesn't connect and Wiseman attempts to give me a British Fall on the concrete. I slip out and snap him back with a Russian legsweep, before dragging him onto a ringside table. I scale the turnbuckles and the crowd gasps as I crash through Wiseman and the table with my patented Somersault Body Attack Suicida! The referee is none too happy but he makes the count when I roll Wiseman back in. The crowd are on their feet as I get the three at 38:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B+[/COLOR][/B] That match ought to help me make a mark here!

Week 2, August 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] In the Main Event tonight for the third match in my feud series with [B]El Satanico[/B]. [B][U]Match 119: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] We fight tooth and nail for the first 20 minutes of the match, tiring each other out until it's anyone's match. Satanico avoids my flying rana and attempts a pinfall. He picks me up and delivers some roundhouse European uppercuts, setting me up for a Fisherman's Buster. I slip it and hit a springboard moonsault press. Whipping Satanico into the ropes, the ref goes down. I nail him with a running palm and hit a flying rana before tossing him out to press the advantage. He sidesteps my pescado and has me locked in a Cavernaria Clutch. He uses some roundhouse European uppercuts to soften me up again but I break his Martinete attempt and nail him with a palm thrust. He fights back and we're back in the ring. More uppercuts from Satanico to set me up for the Cerrajera Tangle, but I escape, delivering a series of rapidfire dropkicks. He slips my Indian Dethlock and Rolling Romero attempts, but I slip his Fisherman's Suplex and toss him out again, connecting with a handspring body press suicida. A dive from the apron misses and Satanico picks me up and slams my shoulder off the ringpost before locking on a Suastica Stretch. I fight out of it and use a running palm and an enziguri to get him on a table. I scale the turnbuckles but crash through the table alone when he anticipates my SBASuicida. He rolls me in and I slip an arm drag, hitting him square with a rolling wheel kick. I climb to the top but he avoids my Frog Splash. He pulls me up and goes for a Fisherman's Buster, but I slip out and wring his arm to set up my Inverted Piledriver. Like the rudo he is, Satanico rakes my eyes and locks on the Cerrajera Tangle. I have no choice but to submit at 29:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] So El Satanico leads our series 2 to 1, but I'm not about to count myself out yet. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] In England for the All Star show, I find my opponent will be a familiar face from [B]Stampede[/B], [B]Larry Cameron[/B]. [B][U]Match 120: Larry Cameron vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/U][/B] Cameron is just too damn strong for me and he absolutely dominates this match. I can't get any offense in but that doesn't stop him from resorting to underhanded tactics to get the win. There's no getting up from his Brass Knuckles Punch at 12:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B]

Week 3, August 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] No match on Monday, so my jet lag isn't too bad. A good thing since tonight I've got the Main Event against an experienced and respected veteran rudo, [B]Perro Aguayo[/B]. [B][U]Match 121: Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] As I make my way to the ring, I hear the crowd gasp and turn to see El Satanico swinging a monkey wrench at my left arm. It connects with a sickening thud and my feud has just officially heated up. My arm is killing me, but I'm not about to let that finish me. Not in a match of this caliber. Aguayo tries to capitalize on my injury by nailing me with a baseball slide but I fight my way back with a series of dropkicks. Aguayo comes back attacking my injured arm. I get a little mad and snap suplex him onto a chair, which draws no warning from the referee, and attack with more dropkicks and chops and uppercuts from my good arm. Aguayo slips a knee drive to his arm and blasts me in the groin. He smashes a bionic elbow into my head and attacks the arm again before rolling me into the ring. I avoid his next attack and nail a dropkick before tossing him to the floor once more. A baseball slide connects and I hit an enziguri and a rolling wheel kick before stretching him with a surfboard. Aguayo fights back and drags me into the ring, applying a bear squeeze. An irish whip and I get hit with a flying forearm for a two count. I break a Face Crusher and send him to the floor again nailing him with a pescado. Outside I try to wear him down some more with uppercuts, dropkicks, and a rolling wheel. Aguayo avoids a handspring moonsault and rolls me back in, heading to the corner to remove the turnbuckle cover. I break his attempt to slam me into the steel and take him out to the floor with a spinning head scissors. I hit a handspring body press suicida and follow with an apron dive somersault smash. Aguayo recovers and slams my head off the ringpost, opening a nasty gash above my eyebrow. He drags me into the ring and tries to hit me with a Face Crusher, but I break it and from out of nowhere plant him with a Fisherman's Buster for a two count. He slips an Avalanche Brainbuster and chops me hard across the neck. He climbs to the top and is met with a dropkick into his stomach, allowing me to drive his head into the mat with an Avalanche Brainbuster! Somehow he gets a shoulder up and I try to hook up a Fisherman's Suplex. Aguayo breaks it and whips me to the corner, leaping on top to choke me out. He tosses me over the top rope, which gets a warning, and nails me with a baseball slide before dragging me back in. As I recover, I get nailed with a flying double axe handle. A Face Crusher flattens me and Aguayo makes the cover. Kick out! Frustrated, Aguayo attempts a flying forearm but I fall on top for a two count. Aguayo fights back and goes to work on my arm again. He tries to whip me into the corner, but I reverse and hoist him to the top. He kicks me away and flies off the top. I'm ready and drive him in the chest with a well-timed dropkick. He rolls over on his stomack and I'm on him with a Rolling Romero which gets me the submission at 28:00! [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B[/COLOR][/B] The crowd is extremely appreciative as I make my way to the back and I'm pretty damn proud of myself too. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][U]Match 122: Mike Jordan vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/U][/B] I totally dominate this one and finish it at 12:00 with an Inverted Piledriver. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

Week 4, August 1984 (Monday-Wednesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] I've got the Main Event again with [B]Super Kendo[/B]. [B][U]Match 123: Super Kendo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] El Satanico seems to be making this a habit as he's back with that damn monkey wrench! The throbbing in my arm just sets me off though and I beat Super Kendo from pillar to post through the entire match. One armed chops, dropkicks, kneepulls and Kendo is in serious trouble. He finally comes back with a triple kick combo and rolls me back in the ring. He tries to keep his momentum with a neck snap, but I'm not having any of it! A rolling wheel kick, handspring moonsault, enziguri, arm wringer, and Inverted Piledriver put it away at 9:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] Super Kendo never knew what hit him and El Satanico had better watch his back, friend or no friend! [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Super Kendo is a little embarassed by the beating he got last time, so a rematch is in order for tonight's Main Event. [B][U]Match 124: Super Kendo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] El Satanico stays away this time, smartly. Super Kendo does get in quite a bit more offense in this one, impressing the crowd by skinning the cat not once but twice. The ref gets knocked down and I send Kendo out to the floor. A snap suplex on a chair gets a few scattered boos from the crowd, so I remind myself to be careful with them. I get Kendo in a Rolling Romero and set him up for an Inverted Piledriver. He gets out of it with an eye poke, which gets the crowd back on my side, as the referee recovers. He goes back into the ring and comes out with a pescado before rolling me back in. I slip a single leg boston crab and wring his arm, setting him up for an Inverted Piledriver. The ref gives me a warning but makes the two count anyway. As Super Kendo gets up, I hit him with a Crucifix Cradle pinning him at 16:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 4, August 1984 (Thursday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Another chapter in my feud with [B]El Satanico[/B] is tonight's Main Event. Time for some revenge for those monkey wrench shots! [B][U]Match 125: El Satanico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] A pretty convincing win for me in this one, but not a really spectacular match. The end comes when I break his standing ankle twist and put on an arm wringer. My Inverted Piledriver gets a warning and a two count so I follow with a Crucifix Cradle for the pin at 17:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] A low midcard match against Rip Morgan on tonight's show. [B][U]Match 126: Rip Morgan vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada [/U] [/B] I completely dominate Morgan in this one and finish him with an Inverted Piledriver at 10:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

Week 1, September 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Main Event again against [B]Perro Aguayo[/B], so I'm expecting a good match. [B][U]Match 127: Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Aguayo is very dominant in this one and it takes all my energy and skill to mount a comeback. He throws me over the top rope and gets warning, then drags me back into the ring and double chops my neck. I manage to block his double knee lift and hit him with a running palm. I follow up with a series of rapidfire dropkicks, a handspring moonsault and a surfboard. Aguayo avoids a second handspring moonsault and whips me into the ropes. I fall on top of his running body press for a two count and then toss him through the ropes. He avoids my handspring body press suicida and rolls me back into the ring. I avoid his neck chop and hit a Fisherman's Buster! Guess who breaks up the pin? El Satanico! I try to get back into the match with an Avalanche Brainbuster, but Aguayo breaks it and tries an irish whip. I reverse and hit a rolling wheel kick. He slips my Indian Deathlock, I slip his Suastica Stretch and send him over my head with a Release German Suplex. Aguayo gets a shoulder up, but the damage is done as I hook him up for a Fisherman's Suplex and the three at 25:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight's Main Event is tag team action with my partner, [B]El Solitario[/B]. [B][U]Match 128: El Satanico & Super Kendo vs. Flyin' Fuji & El Solitario[/U][/B] Late in the match, Solitario whips Satanico into the ropes and the ref goes down. Satanico avoids a flying forearm and tosses Solitario over the top rope. Solitario fights back, ramming Satanico into the ring apron and entering the ring to tag me in. Satanico avoids my baseball slide but I manage to fall on top of his gutwrench suplex. As he gets up I nail him with a running palm and give him an Inverted Piledriver on a chair, drawing blood. I roll him back in, but he fights back and makes a tag to Super Kendo. We fight for a few minutes before I whip him into the corner and make the tag to Solitario. He takes Kendo down with a corner handstand takedown and locks on the Inverted Surfboard Stretch. Kendo won't give up so Solitario switches to an Abdominal Stretch Facelock which gets the submission at 24:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][U]Match 129: Assassin vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Assassin uses his superior strength to just overpower me in this one. I try to mount a comeback by tossing him out and hitting a pescado. I can't capitalize, however, as Assassin drags me back into the ring and plants me with a Double Underhook Facebuster at 13:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B]

A lot of great matches no matter where you go. You are quite a crowd pleaser. It's amazing that Andre left WWF for Mid-Atlantic. How did you find out that Mid-Atlantic got an international broadcast agreement. Go get 'em Superstar in Mid-Atlantic!! For a while in WWF, Superstar Billy Graham was under the management of Ernie Roth (Grand Wizard).

Week 2, September 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Another Main Event, this time against the Texas cowboy, [B]Black Bart[/B]. [B][U]Match 130: Black Bart vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I completely dominate Black Bart despite his strength and me and the crowd are both surprised when he stays down off a High Cross Body at 12:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] Before tonight's match, I have a meeting with [B]Brian Dixon[/B]. He's happy with what I've been doing so far and offers an extension for three months at $43 per appearance. I accept it and get ready for a lucha match in the UK. [B][U]Match 131: El Matematico vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] There's lots of action in this match and the crowd seems impressed. They don't often see this type of match and Matematico and I give them a pretty good show. Late in the match I hit a Standing Shooting Star Press for a nearfall. El Matematico comes back with a Bridging Double Armbar for a nearfall of his own. I kick out and he attempts an Arrow Suplex, I break free and toss him through the ropes, following with a Handspring Body Press Suicida. El Matematico fights back outside the ring, busting me open with a bionic elbow. He tries to take advantage, but I slip his Arrow Suplex and send him sailing with a Release German Suplex on the concrete floor. I drag him back in and make a cover, but he gets a foot on the ropes. I wring his arm, setting up for the Avalanche Brainbuster and drive his head into the mat for the three at 18:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 3, September 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] What's turning into my regular Wednesday night Main Event, this time against [B]Villano I[/B]. [B][U]Match 132: Villano I vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Villano is on fire in this one and really shows his experience. Late in the match he hits a flying elbow from the top, following with a rolling senton and a monkey flip. He locks on a spinning toehold, but I won't quit so he picks me up and plants me with an Uranage Slam. I manage to kick out and break his attempt at a Martinete, tossing him outside. My handspring suicida misses and Villano takes advantage, delivering a Martinete on the concrete. The ref gets upset, but Villano takes no notice. I manage to break his Cristo Suspended Full Nelson and hit an enziguri and a Standing Shooting Star. I roll him in and get a two count. As he stands, I try to hook up an Avalanche Brainbuster, but Villano slips it and locks on a Cerrajera Tangle! I have no choice but to quit at 20:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] After a particularly long flight, I arrive for the All Star show to find I'm scheduled for a tag match. [B][U]Match 133: Larry Cameron & Rip Morgan vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada & Danny Boy Collins[/U][/B] The match is going well for Collins and I toward the end, as we dominate Morgan. Things start to break down when Danny Boy misses a Senton Bomb. Winded, he tags me in. A corner whip and running palm set up my Inverted Piledriver, but I only get a two. A small package nets another near fall. I tag Danny Boy back in and he tries to hit a springboard body press, but Morgan falls on top for a two count. A bear squeeze imobilizes him long enough for Morgan to make the tag to the massive Cameron. A Running Powerslam is all it takes to keep Collins down for the count at 14:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] Not a very good week...

Week 4, September 1984 (Monday-Thursday) When I return from England, I'm scheduled fro a meeting with the Flores brothers to discuss my contract. They're very pleased with the impact I've made here in UWA and offer a three month extension and a slight raise to $299 per appearance. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Pre-Main Event for me tonight as [B]El Satanico [/B] is challenging for [B]Mil Mascaras'[/B] UWA World Lightweight title. [B][U]Match 134: El Perverso vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] El Perverso fights hard in this one, using all the rule breaking tactics he can pull out. Late in the match, the referee goes down and El Perverso takes the opportunity to try to pull off my mask. The crowd doesn't like that very much and voice their displeasure loudly, stirring the ref from his sleep. I slip a spinning arm drag and hit a Release German Suplex climbing the turnbuckle to deliver a Frog Splash and get a two count. I scoop El Perverso up for a Running Fuji Bomb when El Satanico makes an appearance to break up the pin. El Perverso takes advantage of the distraction with a rolling wheel kick and a legdrop to my groin before tossing me over the top rope. I sidestep his running plancha dive and roll him back into the ring. An Avalanche Brainbuster and he stays down at 16:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] Karma comes back on El Satanico as Mascaras retains his title in the Main Event. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] As a reward for my contract renewal, the Flores brothers have seen fit to give me my first UWA title shot! [U][B]Match 135: Dr. Wagner vs. Flyin' Fuji - [COLOR=Magenta]UWA World Middleweight Title[/COLOR][/B][/U] Wagner is one rough customer and I get pretty banged up by his hammering and clubbing blows. I mount a good offense of my own with my speed advantage and I hit the first finishing attempt with an Inverted Piledriver for a near fall. Wagner goes for a submission with and arm scissors arm bar, but I manage to get to the ropes. He rushes me and I sidestep, sending him through the ropes to the floor following with a handspring body press suicida. He fights back, hammering me down to the floor before locking on another arm scissors arm bar. I fight back and go high risk after knocking him down to the floor. An SBASuicida from the top to the floor is a long way down and it connects, winding us both. I roll him back in and get a two count. He slips my Crucifix Cradle and drives my head to the mat with a Martinete, drawing a warning from the ref. He makes the cover, but I get a foot on the ropes. I attempt to irish whip him into the ropes, but he reverses and nails me with a clothesline. A third Arm Scissors Arm bar in the center of the ring and I have no choice but to submit at 31:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] I didn't capture the title, but I think I gave Dr. Wagner a good fight, so I'm satisfied with the effort. My time will come again!

Week 4, September 1984 (Friday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] Back in the UK, I'm opening the show against [B]Mike Jordan[/B]. [B][U]Match 136: Mike Jordan vs. "Flyin' Fuji" Yamada[/U][/B] I completely dominate this one and get my first pin attempt with a German Suplex. Jordan kicks out so I plant him with an Avalanche Brainbuster. He won't stay down and makes a comeback try with a side headlock takedown. I slip it and send him flying with a Release German Suplex. I climb to the top but somehow he avoids my Frog Splash and nails me with a running dropkick. He wears me down a bit with a grounded armbar and a couple of single leg grapevines before trying for a pin with a small package. I power out of it and wring his arm setting up for my Inverted Piledriver. He counters with an eye rake then hits a bionic elbow, a running dropkick and a springboard legdrop for a second pin attempt. I kick out, barely, and slip his running neckbreaker attempt, scooping him up and delivering a Running Fuji bomb in the center of the ring for the three at 12:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] I've got no match scheduled with UWA on Monday, so I hang around London for a couple of days, taking in the sights.

Week 1, October 1984 (Monday-Sunday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Wednesday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] From opening the show in the UK, back to the Main Event in Mexico. This time my opponent is [B]Perro Aguayo[/B]. [B][U]Match 137: Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I seem to be in control of the match until Aguayo nails me with a big kick to the head, knocking me silly. He goes to work on my neck with a series of chops before tossing me over the top rope. I'm in a daze as he drags me back in and whips me to the ropes, landing a Running Body Press for the pin at 20:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Thursday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Big tag match tonight with some of the top stars here in UWA. [B][U]Match 138: El Satanico & Villano I vs. Flyin' Fuji & Dos Caras[/U][/B] Late in the match, we're all pretty tired as Caras whips Satanico into our corner and makes a tag. I enter and chop Satanico hard across the chest before hitting him with a running palm thrust that draws blood. Satanico avoids a rolling wheel kick and hits a half senton following with and elbow drop on my knee, a choke, a flurry of punches and two bionic elbows before I finally break a standing ankle twist and mount some offense. A double underhook suplex sets him up for an Indian Deathlock, but he won't submit. I toss him throught the ropes and flatten him with a handspring body press suicida. To add some more fire to our feud, I set a chair on the floor and proceed to plant his head on it with an Inverted Piledriver. The ref isn't happy and slows down my climb to the top with his scolding. That gives Satanico enough time to recover and avoid my flying double stomp suicida. As I roll on the floor clutching my knee, he gets intot the ring and makes the tag to Villano. Villano brings the fight outside, giving me an airplane spin toss and a seated bionic elbow before dragging me back in. He whips me to the corner and tries to nail me with a Glittering Magician knee, but I avoid it and he lands awkwardly on the turnbuckles. As he staggers out of the corner I plant him with an Avalanche Brainbuster and tag in Caras. He goes fro a springboard body press, but Villano falls on top for a one count. Caras slips out of a grounded arm stomp and applies an arm wringer, but his second rope rana is countered by a body shot. Villano whips him to the ropes and executes a hot shot before going back to work on Caras' arm. Villano tries to set up an Uranage Slam but Caras turns it into an airplane spin and then comes off the top with a flying knife edge chop. He whips Villano into the ropes but his Flying Double Chest Chop is avoided and Villano covers him for a near fall. Vilano tries for a cahrging roll-up but Caras fall on top for his own near fall before whipping Villano into our corner and tagging me in. I nail Villano with a hard palm thrust, drawing blood the same way I did on Satanico. I toss Villano from the ring but miss a pescado. He tries to capitalize with a Cristo Suspended Full Nelson, but I break it and hit a running dropkick before climbing to the top. My SBASuicida finds nothing but concrete and Villano takes advantage with a spinning toehold submission. I break free and attempt a double underhook, but he plays rough and rams my shoulder off the ringpost and slams my head into a barrier, making me bleed. He tries to chop me down, but I quickly step behind and execute a Release German Suplex. Villano isn't moving as I drag him into the ring and make the cover at 44:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B] The Main Event tonight sees [B]Mil Mascaras [/B] sewing up all the major titles in the promotion by defeating [B]Dr. Wagner [/B] for the [B]UWA World Middleweight [/B] title. That makes all three belts around Mascaras' waist and sends my rematch with Dr. Wagner out the window. If Mascaras holds all those belts too long, I may considering becoming a rudo to try to take one away. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Friday[/COLOR][/U][/B] I get a call from [B]Don Owen[/B], the owner of [B]Pacific Northwest Wrestling[/B], offering me an opener spot on his roster. I decide to sign on for three months at $25 per show, figuring that some US exposure might be good for me at this point. I'll only be available one day a week for them, but you've got to start somewhere. [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Saturday - ASWUK[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight in the UK, it's back to the opening match, this time against [B]Haku[/B]. [B][U]Match 139: Haku vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] Despite his size advantage, I manage to stay in control of Haku for most of the match. It only takes a few moves from a guy with his power to hurt me, so I have to be careful. Near the end I get a near fall with a Crucifix Cradle and keep the advantage with an arm wringer and enziguri. I try to lock on a Rolling Romero, but Haku breaks it and tosses me over the top rope. He comes out and jams his hand into my mouth with a move called the Manidible Claw. He goes back into the ring to pose for the crowd a little and when he tries to come back outside, I've recovered enough to give him an uppercut and keep him in the ring. An Inverted Piledriver gets me a two count and a Crucifix Cradle is enough to keep him down at 20:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]B-[/COLOR][/B]

Week 2, October 1984 (Monday-Tuesday) [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Monday - UWA[/COLOR][/U][/B] Tonight I'm teaming with the company's top man, [B]Mil Mascaras[/B], against a couple of experienced rudos. [B][U]Match 140: Super Kendo & Perro Aguayo vs. Flyin' Fuji & Mil Mascaras[/U][/B] It's back and forth for the whole match, with Mascaras and I maybe holding the edge. The match itself isn't terribly spectacular and the crowd doesn't really get into it until El Satanico makes a run-in to break up my pin on Super Kendo after an Inverted Piledriver. I manage to stay on top and whip him into the corner, tagging in Mascaras. He chops the hell out Super Kendo in the corner before finishing the match with a Flying Sunset Flip at 34:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] [B][U][COLOR=Blue]Tuesday - PNW[/COLOR][/U][/B] I head north to make my American debut for Don Owen's promotion and find my debut match will be against a guy I've faced several times before. This should make things a little easier. [B][U]Match 141: Art Crews vs. Flyin' Fuji[/U][/B] I'm firmly in control of this one until I miss a Standing Shooting Star Press. Crews immediately goes to work on my legs with single leg grapevines and inside toe holds before hammering me into the mat with his fists. He tries to lock on a figure four but I kick him through the ropes to the floor. A handspring body press suicida connects and I follow it with an apron dive somersault smash. A surfboard weakens him further before I drag him onto a ringside table and start my climb. The crowd seems to eat it up as I sail off the top onto the prone Crews, splintering the table into the front row seats. The ref gives a warning as I drag Crews back into the ring and get the pin at 14:00. [B]Rating: [COLOR=Red]C+[/COLOR][/B] Not a bad start in my first step toward U.S. recognition.

Archived