Note from the developer

They are also doing a pro game

now at Wolverine Studios.

The forum there is pretty active

with real interaction from the developers.

Guess the race is on! Who will come out with their game first.:D

I bet both will be real good.:)

Comeon Arlie, how about a real update!

Galleyfan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pluggin along and things are going well. I do need to get better at keeping this thread up to date. Sometimes I get tunnel-visioned on the game and forget about this forum ;)

Any rate, I could use some feedback. I'm looking at the gameplan portion and wanted to see what you guys thought about some different ideas I've been throwing around:

1. Have a full "grid" of settings like BBCF for setting play call preferences. You set your type percentages and then have a group of plays you list in that type grouping.

2. Have a "wizard" that allows you to set a type of offense and tendencies, then it updates the internal plays and %s based on your personnel.

What do you guys think of this combo idea and how would you like to see this done?

I'm pluggin along and things are going well. I do need to get better at keeping this thread up to date. Sometimes I get tunnel-visioned on the game and forget about this forum ;)

Any rate, I could use some feedback. I'm looking at the gameplan portion and wanted to see what you guys thought about some different ideas I've been throwing around:

1. Have a full "grid" of settings like BBCF for setting play call preferences. You set your type percentages and then have a group of plays you list in that type grouping.

2. Have a "wizard" that allows you to set a type of offense and tendencies, then it updates the internal plays and %s based on your personnel.

What do you guys think of this combo idea and how would you like to see this done?

I think the option to use either one will be best.

Hey Arlie,

Glad to hear from ya. We know you are busy on the game.

We just need a bone once in awhile. I like option #2.

I could live with #1 if I had to I guess. Looking forward to

the game. I know it will be good. TPF was good & on the right

track for a first version. Still play it. The draft & offseason

are what I really like about that game. Hope your new one

is out by year's end.

Galleyfan2005:D

I hate to be another that suggests both, but I could see the wizard being excellent the first time, but a grid would be needed for little edits you do throughout the season.

I would prefer the first one Arlie. The wizard would be nice at first, but I think eventually the grid option would be better to make little tweaks.

As an aside, I think instead of a grid, a different gui design choice could be sliders, with the other sliders in a column auto-adjusting themselves to sum up to 100. There would have to be a way to 'lock' already set sliders in place so they don't get changed if the user has already set the desired % for that category. Just an idea.

Great ideas guys. I think I will start with the wizard and have the option to change it after the wizard creates it. I also like the sliders idea. The tough thing new is setting up the options to where it's enough to control the team, but not too many to where you have to spend hours setting it up.

The wizard and slider options would both be excellent allowing you to either choose to make a quick config or if you prefer get more involved. Would it be possible to request recommendations from your assistant coaches where the settings would be configured based upon your assistants ratings when compared to your next opponents tendencies or ratings? You could then choose to either accept their recommendations or tweak it as you see fit.

Great ideas guys. I think I will start with the wizard and have the option to change it after the wizard creates it. I also like the sliders idea. The tough thing new is setting up the options to where it's enough to control the team, but not too many to where you have to spend hours setting it up.

Any chance of making the "wizard" option more of a "ask HC" or "ask OC or DC"?

I would think this would be a nice touch for the GM types, plus it adds more personality and strategy if different coordinators/coaches have differring styles/strategies.

The wizard and slider options would both be excellent allowing you to either choose to make a quick config or if you prefer get more involved. Would it be possible to request recommendations from your assistant coaches where the settings would be configured based upon your assistants ratings when compared to your next opponents tendencies or ratings? You could then choose to either accept their recommendations or tweak it as you see fit.

+1.

LOL...I wrote my response before reading this one.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear that Arlie is still working on BBPF.

I haven't checked the forums with any regularity since around this time last year and although I didn't dare to dream it'd be anywhere near ready for last season or even this season maybe we can hope for next season.

My old laptop died and my copy of TPF with it. I tried installing it on my my new lappy but when it comes to entering my licence number it just fails :( If anyone can offer any help with this I'm all ears. Being from the UK I'm not too aware of any other decent football sims so this kinda sucks.

I have purchased BBCF and I'm just about getting to grips with it after a few attempts so hopefully that will keep me occupied until BBPF becomes a reality, which hopefully it will before Cutler's contract with the Bears expires. :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for this one. TPF really 'felt' immersive, unlike other similar sims which felt more like spreadsheets than games. The draft was pretty much perfect in its execution and was the heart and soul of the game.

I created a league concept where the NFL more or less collapsed 20 or so years in the future, but an outside non-U.S. consortium bought it. They kept half of the current NFL teams (under certain restrictions, like the Colts moving back to Baltimore) and added 16 'world' teams: 8 from the Canada, Latin and South America; 4 from Europe and 4 from Asia.

The first two seasons, NFL teams won the 'World Bowl'. But then the Paris Musketeers defeated the Washington Redskins (ironically, I was playing this when 'freedom fries' became popular here in the U.S.). After 10 or so simmed seasons, I took over the Amsterdam Admirals, secure in the knowledge that at least I didn't have to worry about my 6 years in the league All Pro strong safety, who was the one real bright spot on the team.. And then he promptly retired before the draft. I was hooked instantly.

I loved being able to come up with goals for the team besides just winning (I was working on making a running game good enough to turn a stud I drafted into the leading rusher all time in the WFL). I watched a defensive end on my team get into the Top 5 in sacks all time, only to hit the wall (from a consistent 5.0 player down to a 2.5 in one year, and then a 2.0 the next year). With 2 games to go in the last season he played, he needed 3 sacks to tie the record, but had only had 2 all year. He got 2 sacks in the second to last game, but couldn't get the QB in the final game, ending up #2 all time.

The team became pretty consistent in my last few seasons, making the playoffs in each and in the last two they got to the World Bowl, losing badly to New England in their first appearance, and winning a nail biter the next season aganst Cleveland.

At that point I stopped playing when other interests reared their head, and partially because a patch had screwed up the interface so that I couldn't access some buttons any more (specifically the hiring and firing of coaches).

I'd recently gotten interested in playing again, but like davehibb's post, the computer the game was on died. Yesterday I popped off an e-mail to e-license via their support section of the website, since I still had my original order and license number, to see if they can make the license available again. Have yet to hear anything back.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone-Arlie or otherwise-know an approximate timeframe for the release? Are we talking sometime during the 2009 season, draft 2010, kickoff 2010?

All we know is that they won't set a timeline until they're closer to release.