Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there are still owner blocks in 08, I wonder how the medical exam feature will interact with the no drinking or no drug abuser blocks. As the block is automatic when attempting to sign someone, that implies the "owner" already knows that there is a substance abuse history or problem, while the medical exam feature makes it sound like it is hidden. Maybe the owner could require a medical exam be done to hire anyone when they have the drinking, drug or steroid blocks in place.

[QUOTE=Frank_Vest;375515]I could certainly see an owner block being that all new workers must pass a medical exam before being hired. It's a neat little feature, adds some realism.[/QUOTE] I agree I coud see that being an owner "goal". Just one more extra challenge, since it would make hiring workers more expensive

i love the new features but i just don't understand the medical part what will the doctors be testing for? if its already been stated he is a previous drug addicted, drunk or he still does it or he's injury prone then thats in that stats so im just wondering what will this add to? sorry for me not getting this and im not turning it down as a bad feature i just don't understand the feature. thanks for any help in advance

[QUOTE=rodzillahotrod;375675]i love the new features but i just don't understand the medical part what will the doctors be testing for? if its already been stated he is a previous drug addicted, drunk or he still does it or he's injury prone then thats in that stats so im just wondering what will this add to? sorry for me not getting this and im not turning it down as a bad feature i just don't understand the feature. thanks for any help in advance[/QUOTE] the game doesn't tell you when you're actually playing that they have drug problems unless you get a news ticker notice, or if you try to sign someone when the "drug user" has been set for them and you have an owner block against it. The only way you'd know is if you ACTUALLY know. Or if you remember from looking at the editor from the main menu. "Personal" notes are kept from being visual during gameplay. You have no idea if they have law problems or if they're religious or whatever. Looking at their profiles in game doesn't tell you.

Ring Rust I'd actually thought this was in the game already, based on the number of diaries I've seen it mentioned in. It's a cool addition, and another reason to try and keep all your roster active. Also makes the Protect note useful - stick your returnee in a six-man and have him protected in his first match, and slowly ramp up his participation... A nice tactical feature.

I like this feature, but I'd like to know a little more about how long it is before ring rust comes into effect. As a man who prefers to run small promotions such as NYCW or 4C, it's not uncommon for me to use less than half the roster on any given show, and it would be a pain in the ass if I had large parts of my roster coming down with ring rust after a couple of months.

[QUOTE=1PWfan;376047]I like this feature, but I'd like to know a little more about how long it is before ring rust comes into effect.[/QUOTE] Trial and error. Finding that out is going to be part of the fun. Nice feature. Not [I]huge[/I] but a definite improvment.

[QUOTE=1PWfan;376047]I like this feature, but I'd like to know a little more about how long it is before ring rust comes into effect. As a man who prefers to run small promotions such as NYCW or 4C, it's not uncommon for me to use less than half the roster on any given show, and it would be a pain in the ass if I had large parts of my roster coming down with ring rust after a couple of months.[/QUOTE] I would assume it kicks in around the same time the current game would post a web article claiming that worker x is "tired of being inactive and wants back in the ring." So, about 6 months plus.

[QUOTE=James Casey;376044]Ring Rust I'd actually thought this was in the game already, based on the number of diaries I've seen it mentioned in. It's a cool addition, and another reason to try and keep all your roster active. Also makes the Protect note useful - stick your returnee in a six-man and have him protected in his first match, and slowly ramp up his participation... A nice tactical feature.[/QUOTE] There kind of was a ring rust effect, because when a wrestler is away from the scene their pop decreases and when they come into the promotion they have no momentum.

Momentum doesn't have anything to do with that. It starts as "F-" no matter who you bring in. You could steal Goldberg from WCW in 1998 and he would have "F-" Momentum. It's not ZERO momentum, it's "unknown". The first segment they appear in will determine their starting momentum. For example, winning an A* match against someone with high momentum will give them A* Momentum. Being involved in an A* Angle will usually afford them at least B+. Being away from the ring doesn't make any bones when it comes to that.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;376083]Ring Rust is gonna be an awesome touch! This will make for some interesting results.[/QUOTE] This truley amazing and thus far none of the features individual have sold 2008 to me yet. But seeing the addition of ring rust shows me some of what Adam has prepared for us in 2008 and thus has a returning customer in me. The thing is think about Big Show. He just made a return so you send him down to Devel and have him work of his ring rust down there and bring him back to the big stage when he is ready. To me this realaltic effect has sold the game to me.

Archived