Journal discussion thread

Two things that I hope for are more alternate character avatars and real names for all the workers in the description. Sometimes I don't like a gimmick or name so I like to have their real name to fall back on... which I know must sound incredibly dumb because I could just make up a name because they're not real, well they're REAL TO ME DAMN IT! :eek:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is going to be an interesting addition to the game. I've never really payed much attention to consistency, and whilst I can't say this will force it onto my list of important stats (talented workers on an off night can still deliver better matches than on-form but less talented workers), it'll be interesting seeing how this affects the results.

I am very excited about the new emphasis on consistency. One of the reasons booking becomes a bit dull is simply because you know what you will get from certain workers every time and it isn't difficult to build a show around that. Besides the danger of an inconsistent worker spoiling a main event, you could place a worker in the next to last match as a safety precaution, and then have him put on his best performance of the year and burn out the crowd for the main event. Now when that talented but flaky worker puts on his best work it will be something to get excited about.

I just hope that their inconsistency rating isn't consistant.. meaning that if they do keep spoiling your matches that you will have some sorta options for telling them to shape up or ship out (eg. punishment by depushing them, burying them in a match, giving them a wack gimmick, a verbal dressing down, whatever), that could make their rating a little better (even if only temporary). Of course it wouldn't work for everyone, and some it could even backfire. Just seems a little nicer than having a) book around it and b) fire them be your only options. (and hey, even if a worker says he'll get his act in check, it doesn't actually mean he will ;))

With the addition of another three finishes, might I suggest a second drop-down menu that's solely for the finishes, and seperate from [protect, victor, loser, etc]? Just in the interest of making things easier to navigate. Of course, I just realized that there's the issue of when you click "add note" that it'd need to know which drop-down menu you were using... so, I propose being able to swap between the drop-downs with a little button :D

Nice to have these finishes back. The distraction is good as I don't want my tiny valets attacking the monsters and therefore costing the monster the match. The botched interference was just great and I'm so happy to see it back.

Guest Bolton
What a great feature to comeback. Ryland's really pulling out the stops. Although it was hilarious in 07 where the petite SWF divas could attack monsters like Runaway Train and cost them the match.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;402871]Now all we need is special refs and interference counting towards storylines.[/QUOTE] ... and guest commentators counting towards storylines... although that usually ends with a run-in.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;402867]Just when I thought Adam had added everything that was missing in 07, he adds three finishes that I know I'll be putting to good use. Not to mention the various other changes since I last commented in here.[/QUOTE] theres always more bro, theres always more

Yeah, it's released in June. I've been forgetting all about May lately, always thinking that if I could get through April, TEW'd be there waiting for me, but alas, we still have a whole extra month to go after that. We'll make it through somehow though. :)

The race feature is nice, as I hated the fact that anyone could work with any gimmicks. Of course the stats limitations, but you all know what I mean. Should I put Paul London as a Sucka or Jim Duggan as a Sheik? Or how about Rey Mysterio as a Redneck...

Well, in terms of gimmicks being used I guess that makes sense. However, I wasn't aware that the AI assigned gimmicks, and from a user point of view common sense could/should have been used. Jimmy Wang Yang is Asian has done the redneck gimmick, would you have to assign him to a comedy redneck gimmick?

[QUOTE=Chriswok;403995]Well, in terms of gimmicks being used I guess that makes sense. However, I wasn't aware that the AI assigned gimmicks, and from a user point of view common sense could/should have been used. Jimmy Wang Yang is Asian has done the redneck gimmick, would you have to assign him to a comedy redneck gimmick?[/QUOTE] Yes I did use common sense and didn't put those in, but it's nice to see this has been taken into consideration. Well the JWY redneck gimmick is a comedy gimmick as JBL was laughing at JWY for trying to be a redneck or a cowboy or whatever. Yes it's a comedy gimmick, IMO.

Archived