So ... who's gay? bi? straight?

This might seem like a stupid topic and I understand sexuality is a touchy issue, but since Mr. Ryland chose to include it in TEW '08 I feel it may be necessary to discuss which workers should be considered gay or bi in the game for mod making purposes. Fairly well known gay and bi workers who are pretty much out of the closet. Chris Kanyon Pat Patterson Terry Garvin Jim Barnett Steve Lombardi Orlando Jordan (bi) Of course there are many others who are rumoured to be gay or bisexual, but which may not be publicly open about it, or who may be straight but are the subject of rumours anyway. What do you guys believe is the best way of dealing with this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=BurningHamster;427587]Er ... Brooklyn Brawler ... and oops, he may still be in the "rumoured to be" category which kind of further illustrates my point about the confusion this stat could cause.[/QUOTE] Ive never heard that ever, whats the rumour?

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;427589]LOL... Where did that come from.. Nicole Bass is still technically a woman (joke). The Brooklyn Brawler:eek:[/QUOTE] Haha I thought that was pretty common knowledge. Kamala even wrote a song where me mentioned Brawler and Patterson doing it in the hotel room next to his. It used to be up on his website about 6 months ago.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm only going to use this option if its openly going to affect a certain workers role/mindset within the game. Don't see the point on having to do detective work to find out what worker is what. Like someone mentioned above there's a few out and open workers who have admitted their sexual alignment, and others you know through years of people talking. Its not going to affect what promotion they get signed to, what titles they win, and as far as I know gimmicks they can play. The only thing I've read it will affect is if they love men or women - which is a relationship status, and done for 'authenticity' in mods.

[QUOTE=Chriswok;427636]Not sure about you guys, but I'm only going to use this option if its openly going to affect a certain workers role/mindset within the game. Don't see the point on having to do detective work to find out what worker is what. [/QUOTE] I agree and only really plan on using the stat the same way but wondered what the overall feeling was on people who were rumoured to be gay and whether they should be "outed" in game as it were, or simply left on the default heterosexual setting since it is unlikely to make much difference anyway. Similar with some of the other additions such as smoking, which to me seems like a pretty useless addition except maybe in cases of guys like The Sandman where it is part of an overall unhealthy lifestyle which has a negative impact on his performances due to faster reduction in physical stats.

I know a radio host up in Dallas who's met Ric Flair... According to em', Flair is gay. Something about him flirting with men and his general behaivor. So it isn't a for sure thing, but... I dunno, I can really see how Flair could be homosexual. No, this isn't a joke or anything like that, and to me the person in question is a reliable source. And I don't particularly care one way or the other. Not like it takes away from everything Flair has done in the businesses.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;427642]I know a radio host up in Dallas who's met Ric Flair... According to em', Flair is gay. Something about him flirting with men and his general behaivor. So it isn't a for sure thing, but... I dunno, I can really see how Flair could be homosexual. No, this isn't a joke or anything like that, and to me the person in question is a reliable source. And I don't particularly care one way or the other. Not like it takes away from everything Flair has done in the businesses.[/QUOTE] Sheesh a guy likes to have a little fun getting naked when he's drunk, and 40 years of banging hot chicks gets thrown out the window.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;427642]I know a radio host up in Dallas who's met Ric Flair... According to em', Flair is gay. Something about him flirting with men and his general behaivor. So it isn't a for sure thing, but... I dunno, I can really see how Flair could be homosexual. No, this isn't a joke or anything like that, and to me the person in question is a reliable source. And I don't particularly care one way or the other. Not like it takes away from everything Flair has done in the businesses.[/QUOTE] So because a guy acts effeminate for 5 minutes, years of womanizing and a wife and kids are null and void? Damn... might wanna hold back on that eyebrow waxing then.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;427649]So because a guy acts effeminate for 5 minutes, years of womanizing and a wife and kids are null and void? Damn... might wanna hold back on that eyebrow waxing then.[/QUOTE] This really doesn't belong here, just using this to illustrate something. My Dad has a cousin who was married for 20 some odd years to a guy. Three kids, everything. A few years ago, her husband files for divorce and moves in with his boyfriend. In other words. "Womanizing, Wife and kids" don't really mean much. Back on the full topic. In game terms, I think it would be best just to use this for people that are open about it.

I agree...it should be openly gays only. As far as Lombardi goes, it's more than rumor, and the details are just so..."detailed" that he's Patterson's boyfriend. In fact, he did appear on the RAW anniversary show with Pat, and he was booked to win an MSG battle royal back in the day thanks to Pat. Besides, Freud said everyone is bisexual anyway. :rolleyes:

Don't forget Sylvain Grenier ¬_¬ But the only affect sexuality has on the game is to determine the gender of anyone who the worker might consider having a relationship with. So there's no point digging into every nook and cranny to find the remotest hint of homosexuality just so you can change the stat :p After all, if you're after hints of homosexuality, most wrestlers walk out in front of crowds of hundreds of people wearing the lycra equivalent of y-fronts, and little else, and then start touching other similarly-clad guys. Isn't that enough? :P

[QUOTE=TheMiser;427725]it should be openly gays only [/QUOTE] this is the whole point of this feature anyways. for openly gay wrestlers/non wrestlers unless the guy come out and said he/she was gay all wrestlers/non wrestlers should be set to hetero

[QUOTE=Jennie Bomb;427735]I'm more interested in which member of the Cornellverse will be schockingly outed when the data is released, 'cause knowing Adam, one of the really high profile guys will be batting for the other team.[/QUOTE] i am sure most of the Babes Of Sin City girls will be either bi or gay,, just a fantasy of mine maybe.. there are a couple of lesbians in the cornellverse,,but i dont remember there names right now.. jim force is a bit camp i think..maybe its him..

My money is on one of the US main event guys (Jack Bruce being the personal favourite right now) and one Stone or DeColt (I'd say Edd is bisexual, it'd fit his personality). It's really quite sad that this is one of the most intriguing things about the game for me at the moment. :p

Archived