Top 5 Favorite CornellVerse Workers

Gotta say taht my number two is cause I can never get bored of running him into the ground by some 3000 pound giant. And my Number five is because no matter how crap he is, he started out straight away as a Main Eventer for my Austrailian Hardcore Promotion and is now a pet project. 5.Simon McBain 4.Chris Caulfield 3.Jack Giedroyc 2.Big Smack Scott 1.Remmy Skye (YAY)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=The Shape;509095]I'm about to do the opposite...in my first SWF game on 08 Remo won the top strap at Awesome Impact and I really thought he was all round awesome...however in my current, better thought-out game he's been without much to do apart from association with Money in the first few months, during an initial feud with Groucho and now the present one with Giedroyc. He's taken a fair few losses (never cleanly though he did get unhappy with a losing streak at one point) and as such his US popularity is now down to the B-/C+ borderline and his recommended push is midcarder. I always planned to semi-turn him and align with Frehley and some others (possibly Groucho or the Wildboyz) in a Wave of Violence stable and now seems like the perfect time, so after weeks of tension/hints/almosts, he'll flatten Money at AI, end his NA title reign and the two can begin a strong upper mid feud before both rising further up the card. Not quite sure who Jack will go on to feud with though, heh. Gilmore's also one of my favourites but atm on my game before his huge return his momentum is at an E+...tempted to book him over Jerry Eisen (A* due to a great interview seg) before he properly debuts but then that'd be cheating xD[/QUOTE] Its not cheating if you can find a legitimate reason! Just have it part of a storyline, where Jerry gets forced into the ring by pissing of his dad.

My favorites change from save to save.. right now I'm obsessed with my current USPW game so the list is based more or less on that. 5. G.M. Phunk (Grandmaster Phunk) - Hired him not expecting much, changed his name and started using that great MVP based alt pic and he just got over like gang busters with a ton of awesome promos and a killer feud with Jim and Dharma (Gregg) Force. 4. The U.S. Express - I teamed Bull Wrecker and Nicky Champion as my token "Sam's Boys" tag team, managed by Strong himself and just friggin' love the crap out of 'em. My go to blue chipper babyface tag team. 3. Thomas Angelus (Leper Messiah) - Old school TA face paint alt touched up with a toga, slap on the "Royalty" gimmick.. bam. Arrogant face, always flanked by his ladies in waiting Wanda Fish and Serena Star (Jessica Bunny).. he plays a big juiced up moron convinced he's a direct descendant of Roman royalty. 2. Jack Marlowe - Hate Jungle Jack, love Jack Marlowe. Total wildman, rebel personality, if I had to pick out one guy I usually always bring in no matter the game, it's Jack. 1. Jim and Dharma Force - If Marlowe is the guy I always sign.. Dharma Gregg is the girl. I love the idea of this intense painted up freak Jim Force ranting and raving about his latest opponent, then by his side this silly, cute little girl blowing bubble gum bubbles and waving to the camera constantly screwing up Jim's flow with asinine questions. Dharma always works well in the simpleton gimmick, so I just run with that.

In no particular order: Nemesis Acid Black Eagle Toshiharu Hyobanshi Eddie Peak. Honorable mention: Snap Dragon, Hell Monkey, Jungle Jack, Am. Elemental, Big Cat Brandon, Hiroyasu Gakusha, Magnum KOBE, Joss Thompson, Insane Machine, Fox Mask, Ultimate Phoenix, Steven Parker, Ricky Douglas..

My top 5 range in reasons. 1. Tommy Cornell - Easily my favorite in the game. When I play as anything other than TCW I always find myself craving to be TCW. His character is one I like plus his skills are amazing. 2. Texas Pete - I always imagine him being the next Undertaker however he doesn't have a dead man gimmick. He starts off as a brutal dominant brawler and storyline wise I always want to work in that story where he could lose a casket match or something. Never done that storyline though. 3. Bryan Vessey - He is just a badass who has a lot of talent. I have a hard time using him as a singles wrestler when I have Larry though. 4. Fox Mask - He has some skill but I think I just like his character. A masked worker who I imagine has a limited arsenal of moves. Extreme underdog with some good high flying moves. 5. Giant Redwood - He makes the list only because I think he is a fun character. So talentless and I just like the guy. He has personality. lol Honorable mentions... Rich Money, Sammy the Shark, Mean Jean Cattley, Sean McFly, Cliff Wilson, Jim Force, Harry Wilson, Puerto Rican Power, Remo, Rip Chord, and a few others. I refrain from signing all the guys I love in the CVerse usually.

#1: Big Smack Scott #2: Christian Faith (I liked him in 2007, but it wasn't until 2008 that he really became a favorite of mine) #3: Marc DuBois #4: Freddie Datsun #5: Alex DeColt

[QUOTE=MVP!;509111] I wonder what Adam's top 5 CV wrestlers are...[/QUOTE] At a rough guess, PRIDE Koiso, Steve Flash, Angry Gilmore, Skull DeBones and Tommy Cornell. Tommy aside, they seem like the best-rounded workers in the 'verse, suitable for almost any company to sign - good luck getting Tommy, of course - and build their roster around. * Anyway: Amazing Fire Fly - I love this kid. The best high flyer in the game, with the daftest name (probably works better south of the border), he really just needs some grounding with his basics to become a trult outstanding worker. Mean Jean Catley - Shock, I know. A talented and extremely consistent technician who's okay on the mic, his lack of superstar looks means that any small promotion can build their roster around him, reasonably safe in the knowledge that he's not going to get stolen by one of the big dogs. Reasonably... Josh Jones - I just love the concept of this remarkably talented guy deciding not to go pro for about six years. Lacking charisma or decent looks, he's nonetheless a highly gifted worker. Hugh de Aske - Consistent, entertaining... and he's a pirate! What's not to love? Aaron Andrews - Yeah, go figure. My pick for most versatile worker in the 'verse, Andrews was a big pick-up for me in my diary, and one of the best talents in the game.

[QUOTE=Bolton;509274]#2: Christian Faith (I liked him in 2007, but it wasn't until 2008 that he really became a favorite of mine)[/QUOTE] How long can he generally go before he retires on this? Because he's so awesome and I have vague plans that would see him take some time off, maybe work as an agent for a while, then come back for another run and ideally still last a few more years xD

Marihito Masuko - reminds me of the dude I always played with in that game Saturday Night Slammasters. Sucks that he starts 2008 injuried though. The Awesome Kiyaru - always the great nemesis for Masuko of course, butcha gotta love him too. Always do a hate/love thing where Masuko is is heated rival, but is also like the only guy he respects, so I make an Occasional team between the two called Angels & Demons. They give Konda & Kokan a team besides two thrown together Juniors to feud over the Burning Junior tag titles with. Spyder Yakuta - The dude will pickpocket you to be d@mned! He always wants more then he is worth sometimes WAY more, but I just give it to him usually cause... he just looks COOL! Boo Smithson - Always my cornerstone when I play down under who's feuds with the Hitman and The Comedian are very memorable for me. BUT if I play Japan no matter which company Boo relocates and shows up! I just picture him like Bruiser Brody with technical talent! There is just something about him that I think is cool. TIE: Samoan Demoliton/Mark Spotters - Alright I couldn't pick! I asked for a couple render requests awhile back for Perez and Dean Daniels with their arms crossed. I got back from FINisher what I wanted with the addition of X's on their hands. As X Marks the Spot as they say, and both Mark & Spot being well used terms by us who "mark" for nice "spots" I called them that and they together have been really fun. BUT again down under the two newcomers from Samoa have demolished everyone who I put in their path event taking out the duo of the Hitman & The Boo (my two top single stars). They both are very cool new renders.

[QUOTE=The Shape;509474]How long can he generally go before he retires on this? Because he's so awesome and I have vague plans that would see him take some time off, maybe work as an agent for a while, then come back for another run and ideally still last a few more years xD[/QUOTE] It varies completely from game to game. The Time Decline indicator in Creative Meeting is usually a pretty good gauge. If Faith doesn't show up on there at all, he's probably safe for a few more years. If he is on there, it just depends on how severe the decline is.

Archived