Top 5 Favorite CornellVerse Workers

I'm sure that this has probably been done many times before, but I am working on getting back into the C-Verse with TEW 2008, and there's loads of new talent available so I just wanted to get a vibe for who's popular amongst posters, and thought it might be fun to have a thread like this active. Mine would probably be... 1. Davis Wayne Newton 2. Lobster Warrior 3. Bryan Vessey 4. Lee Rivera 5. Kanishoki

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My top 5 is pretty slanted towards the SWF as that is the company I play as the most. however, I've been creating my own companies as of late so I've found a fondness for a lot of indy workers. [B]5. Squeeky McClean[/B] [I](Love his character. Simply as that. I typically play him under the CM Punk'esque heel character where he feels he is better than everyone and that while he is the "paragon of virtue"... others are nothing more than a bunch of drug using, alcohol guzzling, mindless nimrods who WISH they were as "clean" as Squeeky) [/I] [B]4. Vengeance [/B] [I](Just as Squeeky, His character is what makes me love him! A brute of a powerhouse with supernatural ties... Vengeance is a perfect big time menacing brawler)[/I] [B]3. Steve Flash[/B] [I](I wish his entertainment skills were a little higher, however that's the only downfall with him. He's always part of my starter roster with my upstart companies and either wins the World Title or is close around it)[/I] [B]2. Ultimate Phoenix[/B] [I](He's always on my initial roster with most companies and tends to be someone I push pretty hard in the midcard. I love his ability in the ring as well as his decent entertainment skills. Plus, It's fun to book him like a Rey Jr. kind of character in my eyes)[/I] [B]1. Angry Gilmore[/B] [I](Whenever I play as the SWF he gets a massive push. I love his ability both in the ring and on the mic. Truly my favorite character to push and my fav. person to book into being a juggernaut)[/I]

I keep playing games using a "house rule" only allowed to sign unemployed workers and have grown to like alot of the guys. Tough to name just 5. 1-Fumihiro Ota-will normally be involved in either the main event or co main event because he delievers in the match rating dept for me. 2-Jack Griffith-Normally is one of the top matches of the night and has develped mic skills. 3-Ernie Turner-usually calls out another wrestler then gets destroyed by them it has been delivering in the ratings. 4-Air Attack Weseal-beat up guy that delievers better match ratings than others 5-Warren Technique-beat up guy that delievers better match ratings than others There are other guys i really like but I went with the guys I would have the hardest time replacing or would miss the most when filling out my next card.

If you mean skill wise and their importance to their respective companies? 1) Tommy Cornell 2) Sean MCFly 3) Haruki Kudo 4) Bryan Vessy 5) Angry Gilmore If its people who are open for offers at the start of the game.. personally I always get 1) Steve Flash 2) Buning Exile 3) Eisaku Hoshino 4) Davis Wayne Newton 5) Frankie Perez

In no particular order... Barry Kingman Dermot O'Logical (or Squeeky McClean if I can get him, or both together) Des Davids Marc DuBois Larry Wood (with mask) I don't think I can ever run out of storylines for any of this lot but I have to resist the urge to bring them all in to every company I'm ever a part of. They are all just great, albeit for entirely different reasons. :)

1. Eric the Bull- He is a pet project of mine to make into a main eventer. 2. Jack Griffith- I like the background on him. And I like to give him a straight edge gimmick going with him coming out of rehab. 3. Larry Wood- Probably the smartest person in the game 4. Chess Maniac- Amazing Gimmick and name. Also, I like chess. 5. Ernie Turner- Works good as a colour commentator.

No particular order or reason for why i like most of these guys. Joey Poison. Frankie Perez. (Under his Kill Switch gimmick) Davis Wayne Newton. Darryl Devine. Koshiro Ino. I'm sure there are many others who would take a spot in the list if i really think about it but these five come to mind straight away.

I am also SWF slanted, as they are the promotion I love to book and the only one I can get into. 5. Kid Toma-he is the Somoana I love to push, I know AKima Brave seems to always be the better worker, but I am slanted towards Kid Toma. He is one of My 4 corners I like to build off of. 4. Marc Dubois- Another of the 4 corners I like to use, i hated him at first, but he is just to good and grows on you by carring the smaller guys to good matches. Plus I once booked him in a storyling as an underdog against Bruce the Giant, he carried that fossil to 3 straight A* matches. 3. Angry Gilmore- The best there is, there best there was, the best there every will be. I know he can main event forever and work both heel and face. he is the 3rd corner of my games. 2. Remo- I always love to make Remo the monster heel. He is the guy I envision laying waste to the roster. He is also my fourth corner. In my current game, I just started, he is trying something new, I had Rich Money turn on him, making him the default Face in the fued. This actually sky rocketed Remo up the pop charts. 1. Ace Freeze (Alex Braun)- I always liked Alex, but never knew why. But I feel in love with the character when i tried writing a dynasty awhile back (TEW2007). He was signed, became Ace Freeze, then rejoined some Dave cast offs, and became there leader....He fueded with Lobster Warrior and I felt the promos I wrote were good, when I wrote them I could see the former dancing chicken, turned hardcore icon, sell out to dancing chicken, then savior from Richard Eisens obbession with chickens....I envisioned Mick Foley in the promos, but jerry lynn in the ring

1. Dragón Del Arco Iris - I'm totally in love with this character 2. Sean McFly - the perfect wrestler; in a real world, he is the one, who to build a company around 3. Gino Montero - who needs the Gauge bros., if you have the most gifted talent in TEW history? 4. Burning EXILE - the saviour of Indy Wrestling 5. Tommy Cornell - No one deserves this spot more than [I]Tommy Force[/I] :D

1. Jack Bruce. I'm a bit of an SWF fan and he's arguably the most valuable member of the roster then the game starts. 2. Angry Gilmore. The guy's phenomenal, I don't think I need to say anymore. I've always wanted to push him towards the World title and a nice long feud with Jack Bruce, but I've never got far enough into a game to do it :p 3. Joey Beauchamp. Even though he's bleeding my company dry, he's my champion and I love him. He's good enough for the States, but never seems to get there. 4. PRIDE Koiso. He's great in the ring and I've always wanted to bring him to the SWF and have him pushed towards the North American Championship, but I've never managed to prize him away from PGHW. That, and I like his picture :P 5. Adam Matravers. I'll never forgiven Adam for 21CW signing the best British indy worker in the game to an exclusive deal. He's been great for me in the passed, ever since TEW04 really, and I'll never forget him.

[QUOTE=Outlawjc;509072]2. Remo- I always love to make Remo the monster heel. He is the guy I envision laying waste to the roster. He is also my fourth corner. In my current game, I just started, he is trying something new, I had Rich Money turn on him, making him the default Face in the fued. This actually sky rocketed Remo up the pop charts.[/QUOTE] I'm about to do the opposite...in my first SWF game on 08 Remo won the top strap at Awesome Impact and I really thought he was all round awesome...however in my current, better thought-out game he's been without much to do apart from association with Money in the first few months, during an initial feud with Groucho and now the present one with Giedroyc. He's taken a fair few losses (never cleanly though he did get unhappy with a losing streak at one point) and as such his US popularity is now down to the B-/C+ borderline and his recommended push is midcarder. I always planned to semi-turn him and align with Frehley and some others (possibly Groucho or the Wildboyz) in a Wave of Violence stable and now seems like the perfect time, so after weeks of tension/hints/almosts, he'll flatten Money at AI, end his NA title reign and the two can begin a strong upper mid feud before both rising further up the card. Not quite sure who Jack will go on to feud with though, heh. Gilmore's also one of my favourites but atm on my game before his huge return his momentum is at an E+...tempted to book him over Jerry Eisen (A* due to a great interview seg) before he properly debuts but then that'd be cheating xD

Archived