Top 5 Favorite CornellVerse Workers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Tempest Kane;510333]this helped me alot, didnt know that, thanks mate :)[/QUOTE] No problem. And with regards to Christian Faith, he's put on four A matches in a row for me. Those matches were all over the board in terms of placement in show and opponents. I'm not even giving Faith any sort of heavy push, just my standard main eventer treatment. He's performing as well as any wrestler in the game. And honestly, he's rapidly becoming one of my favorite CornellVerse workers. I gotta get a strap on this man! Seriously, anyone overlooking Faith because of his age is definitely missing out on a fantastic worker.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;510341]No problem. And with regards to Christian Faith, he's put on four A matches in a row for me. Those matches were all over the board in terms of placement in show and opponents. I'm not even giving Faith any sort of heavy push, just my standard main eventer treatment. He's performing as well as any wrestler in the game. And honestly, he's rapidly becoming one of my favorite CornellVerse workers. I gotta get a strap on this man! Seriously, anyone overlooking Faith because of his age is definitely missing out on a fantastic worker.[/QUOTE] My own SWF game started out with me deciding to keep Eric and Christian both strong while also getting Eric to develop - so I essentially ran the Buzz Sawyer/Tommy Rich feud with the pair of them all the way to the Last Battle for Atlanta.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;510341]No problem. And with regards to Christian Faith, he's put on four A matches in a row for me. Those matches were all over the board in terms of placement in show and opponents. I'm not even giving Faith any sort of heavy push, just my standard main eventer treatment. He's performing as well as any wrestler in the game. And honestly, he's rapidly becoming one of my favorite CornellVerse workers. I gotta get a strap on this man! Seriously, anyone overlooking Faith because of his age is definitely missing out on a fantastic worker.[/QUOTE] I'll confess, when I play my SWF game I don't use him that heavily... Though it could have something to do with him being 9 years past his prime and thinking about retirement. Oh well, Steve Frehley is developing nicely.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;510343]I'll confess, when I play my SWF game I don't use him that heavily... Though it could have something to do with him being 9 years past his prime and thinking about retirement. Oh well, Steve Frehley is developing nicely.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that makes him tough to push. He isn't even listed on the Time Decline list on my game. A couple guys are, but no one I'm too worried about losing.

Frehley's someone I never really "got" before...but I really enjoy how i'm using him atm. He seems to have real durabiliy and doesn't need to do all that much for a story to progress, having being involved with Bruce, Brandon and Lobby on the title-based side of the main event (with Faith/Vengeance/Acid/Enygma/Gilmore on the other) and his entertainment skills in particular are getting better. But with Faith...I really am gutted he's potentially so close to retirement on my game, because if I thought for 10 minutes I could have him planned for at least 2 more years...

I suppose that could work...but for me Faith is the one guy who I simply don't have form alliances...I'm changing him to a Loner gimmick soon as the bad ass approach has worn off and isn't really how I book him. Gilmore's return actually involves him trying to help Faith (though technically debuting already under the cult leader gimmick) before he eventually turns to lead the group of Acid, Enygma and Vengeance...just need a name for them (Gilmore will probably be renamed something fancy that's to do with anger)...

Am I the only one stunned by the lack of Stone Family members in this thread? Dan Jr. and Jeremy were my first loves, so to speak, in the Cornell-verse. Perhaps because they're how everyone thought of the Hart family before everyone realised they were a complete mess? Ok they have their problems but still...

[QUOTE=The Shape;510349]Frehley's someone I never really "got" before...but I really enjoy how i'm using him atm. He seems to have real durabiliy and doesn't need to do all that much for a story to progress, having being involved with Bruce, Brandon and Lobby on the title-based side of the main event (with Faith/Vengeance/Acid/Enygma/Gilmore on the other) and his entertainment skills in particular are getting better. But with Faith...I really am gutted he's potentially so close to retirement on my game, because if I thought for 10 minutes I could have him planned for at least 2 more years...[/QUOTE] I'm almost positive that Steve Frehley is meant to be alot like Brock Lesnar. He's super athletic and strong, has been given a massive push, and even uses the F5 as a finisher (according to WreSpi2). Atleast thats my take on how Ryland has him set up at the start.

[quote=TheHeck;511281]Am I the only one stunned by the lack of Stone Family members in this thread? Dan Jr. and Jeremy were my first loves, so to speak, in the Cornell-verse. Perhaps because they're how everyone thought of the Hart family before everyone realised they were a complete mess? Ok they have their problems but still...[/quote] I could never get into the Stones outside of Duane. Duane though. He's a godsend.

I'm always amazed by the number of super-skilled workers who make it onto these lists... most of them have so little in the bio about their characters that it makes me wonder what character people actually see in them. Guys like Dermot O'Logical, Squeeky McClean, Jack Bruce, Bruce The Giant, Panda Mask... those guys are characters. Jeremy Stone, Sean McFly, Champagne Lover... none of them have character at all in their bios, so anything people see in them is just letter grades and their own imagination.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;511288]I'm almost positive that Steve Frehley is meant to be alot like Brock Lesnar. He's super athletic and strong, has been given a massive push, and even uses the F5 as a finisher (according to WreSpi2). Atleast thats my take on how Ryland has him set up at the start.[/QUOTE] That's actually a pretty good comparison for Frehley. I wonder if he has a giant dagger/penis tattoo on his chest like Lesnar does now? Frehley is a tough one to put a character to, I find. I struggled to a character and voice for him in my diary. Nothing quite seemed to fit, and I did briefly consider a Lesnar prototype. Ended up going with something similar. [QUOTE=derek_b;511326]I'm always amazed by the number of super-skilled workers who make it onto these lists... most of them have so little in the bio about their characters that it makes me wonder what character people actually see in them. Guys like Dermot O'Logical, Squeeky McClean, Jack Bruce, Bruce The Giant, Panda Mask... those guys are characters. Jeremy Stone, Sean McFly, Champagne Lover... none of them have character at all in their bios, so anything people see in them is just letter grades and their own imagination.[/QUOTE] You have to think that's intentional by Ryland. And I think that's part of what attracts people to these super-talented workers. You can either be creative and layer you own idea of their personality onto the character, or end up always relating them to whatever real work wrestler you find to be their counterpart. The "character" guys who are pretty unique already in the game, they appeal to some but not so much to others. You can be creative with their role, but not so much with their character.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;511288]I'm almost positive that Steve Frehley is meant to be alot like Brock Lesnar. He's super athletic and strong, has been given a massive push, and even uses the F5 as a finisher (according to WreSpi2). Atleast thats my take on how Ryland has him set up at the start.[/QUOTE] For me...he plays more of a Batista role I guess. :cool:

[QUOTE=Comradebot;511288]I'm almost positive that Steve Frehley is meant to be alot like Brock Lesnar. He's super athletic and strong, has been given a massive push, and even uses the F5 as a finisher (according to WreSpi2). Atleast thats my take on how Ryland has him set up at the start.[/QUOTE] I look at him as more of a John Cena. Not the world's greatest wrestler, but well suited to his promotion and always able to hang with the big stars in the main event.

• 5 months later...
How have I not seen this thread before? 1) [B]Edd Stone.[/B] I just connect with the character. Overshadowed by his older siblings. Persecuted for being different. I immediately dug it, and started playing him as this wacky comedy act. After doing countless alts for the guy, having an extensive run roleplaying as him, and giving him a starring role in my diary, I'm still not bored of him. 2) [B]Harrison Hash.[/B] First guy I decided to Jesus-push in my first C-Verse game, based purely on the fact he had a hood. First guy I made an alt-pic for. First guy to ditch my diary promotion... I guess the Panda Cult story will have to wait for another day. Maybe I don't like him as much any more. 3) [B]Steve DeColt [/B]- Although I started playing C-Verse with NOTBPW, I eventually realised CGC was my ideal product. The only problem was their roster didn't have a specfic guy I really, really liked. That all changed when I put Stevie D into my diary game. Writing Rock/Austin-style promos for the guy, giving him catchphrases, I just fell in love. Next CGC game I run is going to be all Steve. [I]Who Rules??? *[/I] [I]4)[/I] [B]Danny Patterson[/B]- New Entry! I have no clue about the character, but I've been whoring out his A* Menace so much in my 21CW game I feel obligated. The dude is single handedly saving that company. 5) [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] - Because the best alt picture I ever did was of him. Wrath of God, yo! For more info on characters I like, read my diary :) Those are the guys getting the most screentime. [I][SIZE=1]* DeColt Rules![/SIZE][/I]

[QUOTE=FlameSnoopy;619244]Sorry for bumping, but it's a good thread. I am just in love with Tito Bumfhole in the 75 CVerse. I am tempted to make him the next SWF World -champion![/QUOTE] Hey, time for me to do a 75 edition of this! And go find and see who I put for my original answers... [B]1. Terry Lambert[/B] He's a mob prince who has inherited his father's wrestling company. Also, he looks awesome. [B]2. Commandant Markus Maier[/B] Its far too easy to hate ****s, and it just makes them the perfect over the top villains. Also a half talented wrestler. [B]3. Uroko Saki[/B] Not only is he older than dirt, but he has one of the best backstories of any character in all of the CVerse. But mostly I'm amused by a 63 year old who is also a world class wrestler. [B]4. Mark "The Lariat" Krogan[/B] I think he defines what a Southern brawler should be. And "Mark Krogan"? C'mon, that's an action star name. [B]5. Wolfgang Lorenz[/B] I'm a punk at heart, and the younger member of the duo just manages to edge Kaiser Grund for this spot. If I can get him off heroin then he will likely be the man to take WBW as far as it can on his shoulders. Insane amount of development out of him so far.

Getting heavy into my NoTBPW game and outside of the Stone, Bloodstone, McFly and Dark Angel they have some great characters. My current faves? Derek Frost - Not exactly sure what it is about him but he's great. I plan on pushing him as an upper midcard face to see if I can get him over that way. Either way, I love this guy. The Natural - Again, I've just discovered my love for this guy. He just screams ****y, arrogant heel to me. I've currently got The Blondes feuding with The McWades over the tag-team titles which will eventually see the team split and The Natural and Owen Love feud. R.K. Hayes - I mark out for bigger guys and I'm a fan of Hayes. He's 36 so may not have long left in the tank but he's decent and his an A in menace which I'm finding useful. He's currently the leader of a faction which also consists of Omar Brown and Harlem Haynes. Tim Westybrook - See above. Westybrook is a great brawler without amazing stamina. At the moment, I haven't got a real direction for him but I'm using his bearded alt and am thinking of alligning him with The McWades so they can fued against Hayes, Brown and Haynes Harrison Hash - He's great. Great looks, good in the ring and in the air and as mentioned before he has a hood. Also, the Panda Cult thing has the potential for some great storylines.

Since the 75 CVerse was brought up, thought I'd throw mine in. 1. Austin McCoy-I love all the Texas Outlaws, but McCoy is my favorite. 2. Pat Deacon-Pretty much puts on a good match with anyone. 3. Dick the Devastator 4. Makaio Kuhaulua-I like the family, but this guy is my favorite. Not entirely sure why, I think it's his pic. 5. Elemental-I rarely push #III in 2008, but the original. Awesome!

[SIZE="3"]5. Lobster Warrior[/SIZE] Awesome. Pure Awesome, great gimmick and is not bad in the ring. He always ends up as a Jeff Hardy, So close to the title but it always slips through his fingers. [SIZE="4"] 4. Trance[/SIZE] I like him, He is loyal and trustworthy, even though he never gets his big break... unless I play as ROF, I also bring in Rave and put them together, his drug problem was seen once, I threatened to fire him, now he is loyal and rejected an TCW deal :D [SIZE="5"]3. Ricky Storm[/SIZE] I don't know where to start, he is awesome in the ring, and it does not take long to get him reasonably over, As a reward I give him an insane undefeated streak in ROF as the Upper carder... [SIZE="6"]2. British samurai[/SIZE] I like this guys story, he was a wrestler and trained, at the reasonably young age of 33, youngsters... he is also a decent main eventer for ROF and is over. [SIZE="7"]1. Christian Faith[/SIZE] He is the biggest FORCE in the C-Verse! bigger then Jim, better then Jim and Much more likeable, He is the SWF champ in one of my games and has been for 4 years, He also seems to never retire... *cough* i made his body in better shape *cough*

Hmm... 1. [B]Wanda Fish [/B]- I try to bring her into any game she'll fit, and wedge her into ones where she doesnt. She doesnt turn in many bad matches and has enough charisma that I've reinvented her character a few times now, depending on the promotion. 2. [B]Larry Wood [/B]- Wood cracks me up. Both his back ground and his look. Unlike Fish he pretty muchly always plays the same character for me, a nearly insane genius who beats people down with a log he carries over his shoulder. (affectionaly named Loggy.) 3. [B]James Justice [/B]- Just for carrying my current USPW game. He makes using Demon Anger in the main event a legit option. To me thats pretty amazing. 4. [B]Steve Flash [/B]- For having all the talent, none of the charisma and never complaining about putting over young guys who have the opposite of that. 5. [B]Grunt[/B] - For being pretty muchly the greatest wrestler ever born. Okay. He makes me laugh with his ineptitude.

Archived