Top 5 Favorite CornellVerse Workers

[QUOTE=The Shape;509518]KK then ****, he's top of the list for that, it says terminal decline and "retirement" must have crossed his mind. But that's ridiculous, he's still the best worker in the promotion and his body is holding up fine...it Rich Money's past his best for god's sake. :S[/QUOTE] "Past his best" means you will get awhile out of him yet, and you can watch to see when he drops to the next stage. So it probably wouldn't be dangerous to put a strap on him. But the "terminal decline" message means he could walk away at almost any point, so ideally, those are guys you really should be jobbing out to get some overness transfer before they retire. Faith really is fantastic. He's become one of my favorite workers as well, just because the man puts on fantastic performances, is great on the mic, and doesn't seem to complain if he jobs occasionally. When I start a new game, the very first thing I do is check the Time Decline screen to make sure key guys I want to keep around aren't on there.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye well there's those two, Train (who I have jobbed occassionally) and Flash who has a few years left and ain't doing much anyway. I just think it's a shoddy system really, that he could walk away at any point despite allegedly still being as good as ever ring wise and in good physical condition. In theory I don't need him around all that long but not having him return for revnege makes his exit...nowhere near as good lol.

[QUOTE=The Shape;509518]KK then ****, he's top of the list for that, it says terminal decline and "retirement" must have crossed his mind. But that's ridiculous, he's still the best worker in the promotion and his body is holding up fine...it Rich Money's past his best for god's sake. :S[/QUOTE] It can still take a while even when they're on the top of the list, but you can't count on it taking that while.

[QUOTE=The Shape;509521]Aye well there's those two, Train (who I have jobbed occassionally) and Flash who has a few years left and ain't doing much anyway. I just think it's a shoddy system really, that he could walk away at any point despite allegedly still being as good as ever ring wise and in good physical condition. In theory I don't need him around all that long but not having him return for revnege makes his exit...nowhere near as good lol.[/QUOTE] As Phantom Stranger mentioned, the "terminal decline" message doesn't mean he will definitely walk away within weeks. It just means he can. I've had two guys with that message for at least four months, and I'm pretty sure longer. I wouldn't be surprised if you could see guys with the message keep going for six months, maybe even a year, especially if they really aren't declining in stats yet. The main concern is that danger that they do walk away pretty quickly. I don't think its a shoddy system, when you look beyond the messages to the reality behind them. Not every worker is going to keep wrestling until their body breaks down. Some retire when they are still able to work at a high level. Some keep going way beyond the breakdown point. I don't think its unrealistic that a wrestler like Christian Faith might choose to walk away while they are still deserving of their main event status and one of the top workers in the biggest promotion. Or that someone like Rich Money might retire mid-30s. The Time Decline list just gives you an indicator of who might be ready to walk away, even if they aren't hitting the serious decline point in skills yet. Realistically, its something a promotion would want to and quite likely know about the plans of their workers. So while you get a message saying that Faith is declining, the better way to look at is that he might not be, but might just be preparing to retire regardless.

Mine would have to be: 5) Yasuhide Tayama - [I]I rarely play as GCG, but there's something about him that screams "world champion" to me, and always try to steal him in the off chance that GCG don't renew his contract.[/I] 4) Rocky Golden - [I]I played a game as TCW and immediately started to slowly build Golden into the next Sam Strong.[/I] 3) Eve Grunge - [I]Random I know, but playing a lot of trial runs with ACPW before nixing the women's division, she became pretty much the female Bob Casey for me. She has solid performance skills and not much else, which makes her an incredibly valuable jobber.[/I] 2) Masaru Ugaki - [I]This list could have easily been composed entirely of PGHW talent, but I decided to pick the two that I have the strongest markage for. Ugaki played out extremely well for me in my PGHW dynasty I did for TEW07, and I've always been a fan of his since then. Also, as a side note, he has the best haircut in the Cornellverse.[/I] 1) PRIDE Koiso - [I]This, as I've said many times before, is entirely D-Lyrium's fault. Still, he's extremely talented (especially in the entertainment skills) and can be made into a viable superstar in under a year at the start of the game. His only downside is that he's already over thirty, which to me is like the touch of death.[/I] [I]Honorable Mentions: Washi Heat, Joss Thompson, Joshua Taylor, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Biff the Bruiser, Warren Technique, Yoshimi Mushashibo, and Jesse Christian[/I]

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;509530]I don't think its a shoddy system, when you look beyond the messages to the reality behind them. Not every worker is going to keep wrestling until their body breaks down. Some retire when they are still able to work at a high level. Some keep going way beyond the breakdown point. I don't think its unrealistic that a wrestler like Christian Faith might choose to walk away while they are still deserving of their main event status and one of the top workers in the biggest promotion. Or that someone like Rich Money might retire mid-30s. The Time Decline list just gives you an indicator of who might be ready to walk away, even if they aren't hitting the serious decline point in skills yet. Realistically, its something a promotion would want to and quite likely know about the plans of their workers. So while you get a message saying that Faith is declining, the better way to look at is that he might not be, but might just be preparing to retire regardless.[/QUOTE] Aye that'd make more sense because the way it's phrased is just silly. It'd also seem right for older guys to have more signs of wear and tear here and there, even if they are the iron man xD

[QUOTE=The Shape;509534]Aye that'd make more sense because the way it's phrased is just silly. It'd also seem right for older guys to have more signs of wear and tear here and there, even if they are the iron man xD[/QUOTE] Well, look at this way - the Time Decline list really is intended (at least in name and explanation) to show the workers who are declining. So its giving us extra info by including the workers who aren't declining but are nearing retirement. To have messages like "Faith is still a top worker but seems to be considering retirement" or "retirement imminent" might make more sense, but they wouldn't fit that section at all. Sorry to hi-jack the thread, guys. Back on topic, I would have to include Christian Faith, Rich Money, Jack Bruce, Aaron Andrews, and Rick Law as my honor mentions. There's something about Texas Pete I like as well. I've always wanted to land Pride Koiso but have managed it so far.

Every time I start a new game, these usual suspects end up on my roster after a few years so I must have a place in my heart for them....... 1. Sean McFly 2. Bryan Vessey 3. Angry Gilmore 4. Champagne Lover 5. Gino Montero As you can see there is no surprise in my choices! I love the technical performers.

Allways try to position my company around the following young guys by the 2 year point having past the torch on whatever popular / old talent i have in the company prior to that point, then everyone on this list is pushed to main event / upper midcard and rotates deppending on story line. Gino Montero Samoan Machine (Stage Name) Keith Brothers (Mathew/Greg) Champagne Lover I also like to hire Gargantuan, he lack staimer and is green as hell, but with time and effort he becomes the best monster heel in the game if you can stand his attitude problem (in my opinion). I have him 3 years into my promotion at 176w and 0l , ok... so i did the goldberg thing with him... BUT i never let him hold a title, and i doubt i ever will. His role is to be the monster on the card who run's througth the lower roster to get them air time, most of the time he makes them look good... Now and again i let him beat upper-midcarders i steal from other companys but i [B]NEVER[/b] let him touch my home grown talent above unless its a total right-off smoosh match, and ushally that ends up been a 3 way were he cheap finish's a younger guy on the roster rather than my home grown upper talent. Gino is hands down my fav guy at the start of the game but im VERY slow to develope these guys, they dont just come out on massive winning streaks, that hurts their overall attitude to the buissnes and it dosnt help the company in the long run, i slowly develope them up, 2 steps forward, 1 step back... My plan is ushally to come out of the first 5 years with a roser completely under the age of 30 with some exceptions to the above orignal guys, i milk everyone else and discard them, at that point i ushally start letting Gargantuan get beat , i cut the cord so to speak and let him lose any match he legitamtly cant win to put the young guys over, by this point he is truely a monster tho , both in skill and attitude.. he can be a huge problem later on and holding onto him is hard if you havent made the big leauges by this stage. I consider him my Kevin Nash/Goldberg but he is most certainly the long term cornor stone of my promotion. And a huge draw. Who wouldnt want to tune in next week to see Gargantuan destroy the next victim... right?

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;509951]By giving him the Goldberg push you gave him an ego the size of Texas! I think in my game with him I will give him a weak tag team partner so he still loses matches. That will be my way to keep him tame. He will win his singles matches sorta how you have him but he will be a little bit beatable.[/QUOTE] And to think, Gargantuan starts OFF as a jerk. A monster push can only make him worse. Oh well, guess it makes things interesting! I'm currently doing what I can in EWA to prevent Greg Keith from getting a huge push. Only problem is his nasty tendency to put on awesome matches and gain overness, even in defeat. Oh well, other people low on the roster I can put over him for a couple years!

[QUOTE=The Shape;509474]How long can he generally go before he retires on this? Because he's so awesome and I have vague plans that would see him take some time off, maybe work as an agent for a while, then come back for another run and ideally still last a few more years xD[/QUOTE] The great thing is that he's only in his early 40's, and he at least has one more world title reign left in him. :D

[QUOTE=Bolton;510044]The great thing is that he's only in his early 40's, and he at least has one more world title reign left in him. :D[/QUOTE] Only 40? You still push guys that old? I stop pushing guys in their late 30's ... 38-39 im starting to turn them into utter jobbers for my young guys...

[QUOTE=Tempest Kane;510155]Only 40? You still push guys that old? I stop pushing guys in their late 30's ... 38-39 im starting to turn them into utter jobbers for my young guys...[/QUOTE] The only thing in terms of age I pay attention to is the time decline. If a guy in his 40s isn't showing signs of age yet, then I won't hesitate to push him. No sense in jobbing a guy when he turns 38 who will still be putting on good matches when he's 50.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;510171]The only thing in terms of age I pay attention to is the time decline. If a guy in his 40s isn't showing signs of age yet, then I won't hesitate to push him. No sense in jobbing a guy when he turns 38 who will still be putting on good matches when he's 50.[/QUOTE] Heh. For the Coastal Zone, I only hire people over the age of 30 if I have a really damn good reason... usually, they wind up being Lucha vets, has-beens, or never-was... es.

[QUOTE=Tempest Kane;510155]Only 40? You still push guys that old? I stop pushing guys in their late 30's ... 38-39 im starting to turn them into utter jobbers for my young guys...[/QUOTE] This has actually already been discussed in this thread, just a couple pages back. And even regarding Christian Faith. But the Time Decline analysis is your best friend when it comes to older workers. You don't really need to be worried about a guy until you get the "terminal decline" message. It doesn't necessarily mean he is declining in ability (it can), but moreso that he's close to retirement. How close is the real question. With that message, he might retire in two weeks or he might go another year. But its a bit of a risk pushing someone with that message because you just can't know. The other decline messages are less dire and the worker isn't as close, plus you should get the "terminal decline" message before they walk. Of course, that doesn't help when you're bringing an older worker in until you've actually signed them. Nothing like bringing in Eric Tyler for one last run then finding out he's in "terminal decline" and he retires in two weeks. Had that happen before. Christian Faith, though, is still a monster. He's the most consistent guy on my current SWF roster, bloated as it is. He's obviously great on the mic and I can get a solid match out of him with anyone. Gets an A match almost any time I put him in there against another main eventer. Pretty much never complains about jobbing if I have to. He's performing as well as anyone in the game. He's getting serious consideration for another world title run, no doubt. I never liked him much the first few times I played as SWF as I just saw him as old, plus I think he reminded me of Shawn Michaels for some odd reason, but now he's my Tommy Cornell. Him and Angry Gilmore.

Because I'm a hopeless procrastinator and am avoiding other things I should be doing I compiled the mentions in this thread. I didn't include honorable mentions, just folks' Top 5s, and didn't weigh them based on their ranking, just total mentions: Tommy Cornell 8 Steve Flash 7 Angry Gilmore 6 Champagne Lover 5 Davis Wayne Newton 5 Marc DuBois 5 Sean McFly 5 Bryan Vessey 4 Frankie Perez/Kill Switch 4 Gino Montero 4 Joey Minnesota 4 Steven Parker 4 Burning EXILE 3 Christain Faith 3 Fox Mask 3 Jack Griffith 3 Larry Wood 3 Mean Jean Cattley 3 Plague/Black Eagle 3 Remmy Skye 3 Rich Money 3 Squeeky McClean 3 Ultimate Phoenix 3 Aaron Andrews 2 Alex DeColt 2 American Elemental 2 Big Smack Scott 2 Dan Stone Jr. 2 Don Henderson 2 Eddie Peak 2 Ernie Turner 2 Giant Redwood 2 Insane Machine 2 Jack Bruce 2 Jack Giedroyc 2 Jacob Jett 2 Johnny Bloodstone 2 King Malietoa 2 Lauren Easter 2 Merle O'Curle 2 Nicky Champion 2 PRIDE Koiso 2 Swoop McCarthy 2 The Brisbane Devil 2 The Highland Warrior 2 Tom Angelus 2 UK Dragon 2 Warren Technique 2 Wolf Hawkins 2 Acid 1 Adam Matravers 1 Agent 69 1 Air Attack Weseal 1 Alex Braun 1 Alicia Strong 1 Amazing Fire Fly 1 Antonio Marquez 1 Any of the Stones 1 Art Reed 1 Awesome Thunder 1 Axxis Jr. 1 Barry Kingman 1 Blackjack Robbins 1 Boo Smithson 1 Boris Kiriyakin 1 Brimstone 1 Bruce the Giant 1 Bull Wrecker 1 Cal Sanders 1 Calvin Dark 1 Casey Valentine 1 Chess Maniac 1 Chris Caulfield 1 Citizen X 1 Darryl Devine 1 Dermot O'Logical 1 Des Davids 1 Dharma Gregg 1 Dragon Assassin 1 Dragón Del Arco Iris 1 Eddie Chandler 1 Eiisaku Kunomasu 1 Eisaku Hoshino 1 Emerald Angel 1 Eric the Bull 1 Erik Strong 1 Eve Grunge 1 Fearless Blue 1 Findlay O'Farraday 1 Freddie Datsun 1 Fumihiro Ota 1 Fuyuko Higa 1 Gargantuan 1 Grandmaster Phunk 1 Greg Keith 1 Guide 1 Haruki Kudo 1 Hell Monkey 1 Hell's Bouncer 1 Hugh de Aske 1 Jack DeColt 1 Jack Marlowe 1 JD Morgan 1 Jefferson Stardust 1 Jim Force 1 Jimmy Cox 1 Joey Beauchamp 1 Joey Poison 1 Josh Jones 1 Jungle Jack 1 Kanishoki 1 Kid Toma 1 Koshiro Ino 1 Lee Rivera 1 Lobster Warrior 1 Mainstream Hernandez 1 Marihito Masuko 1 Masaru Ugaki 1 Matthew Keith 1 Melody Cuthill 1 Mr. Evilness 1 Nadia Snow 1 Nemesis 1 New Zealand Pit Bull 1 Petey Barnes 1 Rebelde Loco 1 Remington Remus 1 Remo 1 Rick Law 1 Rocky Golden 1 Roxie Kitten 1 Sam Keith 1 Sammy Bach 1 Sammy The Shark 1 Samoan Machine 1 Scout 1 Sensational Ogiwara 1 Shooter Sean Deeley 1 Simon McBain 1 Spyder Yakuta 1 Steve Stoat 1 Stevie Grayson 1 Suzanne Brazzle 1 Texas Pete 1 The Awesome Kiyaru 1 The Idaho Punisher 1 Thomas Morgan 1 Timmy Westybrook 1 Toby Wan Kenobi 1 Toshiharu Hyobanshi 1 T-Rex 1 Vengeance 1 Whippy The Clown 1 Whistler 1 Yasuhide Tayama 1 Yori Toyoshima 1 Yoshimi Mushashibo 1 Yu Hashimoto 1 Zeus Maxamillion 1 Zimmy Bumfhole 1

Archived