WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed?

Whoops, almost forgot the tipping results for the pay per view. You can tell I don't do it often.

Mattitude90 - 4/8

KrisKatana - 4/8

Nobby_McDonald - 7/8

Zergon - 4/8

Boomking - 2/8

Pretty good effort on the grades guys, it's an extremely difficult thing to do in my opinion so I don't think I'd use that again as a tie breaker. Thankfully, we didn't need it this time as Nobby ran away with the picks. Congrats mate. I'll contact you soon enough regarding the stipulation for a match a particular match at Summerslam.

Just noticed I missed out the question marks on the E and C match during the preview. :o

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Waltman vs. ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Waltman seems like a guy who could get the Light Heavyweight title from Sasuke so he wins here

WWF European Title Match

‘The Street Fighter’ William Regal © vs. ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

No reason why Regal should lose his first title defense

The Mexican Warriors vs. Privates Mustafa and Brown

Not sure here but Privates are in new stable while Mexican Warriors are old guys who job a lot so I go with new stable tag team.

‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle vs. Lance Storm

Angle gets back some lost momentum

Farooq vs. Goldust

No idea here, neither guy haven´t done much lately so just go with the guy who I like more

Paul Wight vs. British Bulldog

Debut win

WWF Tag Team Titles Match

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair © vs. Owen Hart and The Rock

Hart and Rock could win this one but I doubt it. It seems more likely that an actual tag team gets the titles next instead of another random pairing

Firstly, congratulations on your DOTM nomination. Thoroughly deserved. Couldn't have happened to a classier guy.

Anyhow, onto some picks, huh?

WWF European Title Match

Farooq vs. Goldust - much man lub for Golddy.

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair © vs. Owen Hart and The Rock - a win by DQ

WWF European Title Match

Farooq vs. Goldust

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair © vs. Owen Hart and The Rock

• 4 weeks later...

WWF European Title Match

No point in having Regal lose it at this point.

Shot in the dark here

Kurt is heading towards stardom so he needs to gain as many wins as possible.

Farooq vs. Goldust

Im a Goldust mark so I just want to see him win.

Bulldog will put up a good fight, but Paul is gonna over power him

No way they are losing the titles on Raw.

• 8 months later...

I've had a busy year with A levels, but now college is over and i have no plans for anything else over the course of the next year (except work) I wanted to get back into diary writing. I mulled over a few ideas for new diaries, but I already have everything really mapped out until Wrestlemania in this diary and it was something i really enjoyed writing and seemed to get a good response. I know i've brought this back before, but now I have ample time on my hands and i'm completely motivated to make it to Wrestlemania and get to the climax of some of my longer storylines. The build up to Wrestlemania is something i'm very much looking forward to writing.

It's been around ten months since this was last active so i'm hoping interest hasn't completely died, but we will see. I'll provide a small summary of the current feuds and storylines soon and if anybody wants a quick catchup there are short monthly reviews on the first page stretching from December 1997 to May 1998.

I think I may tone down the detail a little bit from now on mainly on the match report which I think just need a few lines unless it's a pay per view or it's continuing a storyline. One thing I remember from the last time I did this was the level of detail I gave to the last pay per view, Fully Loaded, which probably didn't need as much. From now on that level of detail will be saved for the more important events such as Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and probably King of the Ring.

Didn't follow this previously, but I have just had a quick look around and this looks quite good, and its safe to say I will be following.

(And a side-note, hope your A-Levels went well (Although I am jelous you finished before me :p))

WWF 1998 Feud Summary

Current Storylines

World Heavyweight Title Scene

‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels © vs. The Brothers of Destruction

After winning the title back at Wrestlemania Michaels defended the belt against Mankind and has now moved onto much bigger things. At King of the Ring he faced his biggest challenge in the form of The Undertaker. The two superstars had a match of the year candidate, but a winner could not be found and a double count out was issued by the referee. Seeing that a rematch would be needed to settle the score DX quickly hit the ring and began to attack The Undertaker only for his brother Kane, a man he had been feuding with only a month ago, to make the save and form The Brothers of Destruction to make things much harder for Michaels. Despite this though he was able to battle through another title defence, this time against Kane at Fully Loaded. With both brothers unable to dethrone Michaels who will face him at the second biggest event of the year, Summerslam?

The Corporation vs. ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair

A feud dating back the end of last year with many twists and turns and many more certain to follow. Vince has done almost everything in his power to get rid of Steve Austin, but nothing has worked and Austin just continues to embarrass the boss on a weekly basis. Austin, despite his trust issues has allowed Ric Flair to jump on board with him in making Vince’s life a living hell. At the recent pay per view Fully Loaded, Austin and Flair retained their tag titles, but momentum then instantly shifted over to The Corporation as the debuting Paul Wight singlehandedly dismantled Austin and Flair. With this new weapon now in his arsenal, this month could turn in the favour of The Corporation.

Triple H versus Owen Hart

Triple H Feuded with The Rock pre King of the Ring which led to The Rock beating him in the final. After finishing off Bret Hart in an epic ironman match at King of the Ring Owen turned his attention back to Triple H who he had been at war with early in the year. Triple H had cheated to beat Owen at In Your House and Owen, until now, had been too busy to continue to fight him. Owen feels he needs revenge over Triple H before he can truly set his sights on becoming the best in the company.

Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart versus The Rock

The Rock began picking up momentum following his King of the Ring win and persona change and was interrupted during his crowning by Bret Hart who felt it was an insult that The Rock won the prestigious King of the Ring, a tournament so synonymous with the name Bret Hart. With so much bad blood between Triple H, Bret Hart and The Rock and Owen Hart the two feuds have started to intertwine and at Fully Loaded Bret and Triple H scored the first victory in this long, bitter saga.

‘The Sick and Sadistic’ Terry Funk versus Mankind

They used to be the best of friends, but Funk has since turned on the former Champion calling him weak and not what he used be blaming the title run for his going soft. A bloody battle has ensued with Funk and Mankind trying to see who is the ultimate king of the hardcore and extreme environment. Their first match, at king of the ring, was a simple wrestling match and was won by Mankind. Things have since, as expected, turned hardcore and Funk was able to claim the victory at Fully Loaded where lots of blood was spilled and years were taken off their lives.

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock vs. ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle

Dubbed 'The Battle of the Ankle Locks', they fought on Raw a few weeks back with Angle getting the controversial victory and have since been at each others throats. Shamrock got some revenge at Fully Loaded, but as neither have won using the ankle lock, and both claim to be the master of the move, you get the feeling that this one isn’t quite over yet.

‘The Man Beast’ Rhino versus ‘The Innovator of Offence’ Chris Kanyon

Kanyon debuted in brilliant fashion and managed to beat Ricky Steamboat who then agreed to take him under his wing, at the request of Kanyon. To this point Kanyon is undefeated in the company, but now faces his biggest test. 'The Man Beast' Rhino still hasn't forgiven Steamboat for being the first man to defeat him and has now set his sights on his protege attacking Kanyon after a match on Raw. Kanyon returned the favour at Fully Loaded costing an irate Rhino the Intercontinental Title. When these two finally come face to face in the ring expect some fireworks.

Intercontinental Title Scene

Champion: Jeff Jarrett

After winning the title at Unforgiven against Ken Shamrock, Jeff Jarrett has survived triple threats and fatal fourways to prove he is worthy or being the true champion, or has someone managed to get help when he hasn't even asked for it. It seems Jarrett’s success could be down to him getting rid of his former friend Goldust who was accidentally costing Jarrett matches earlier in the year. Goldust disappeared for a short while, but unaware to Jarrett he seems to be back and hasn’t forgotten what his friend did. Goldust has been stalking Jarrett for weeks and the IC Champion is none the wiser.

Light Heavyweight Title Scene

Champion: Great Sasuke

The new exciting, innovative division in the WWF has progressed slowly and has now become a permanent fixture on Raw programming. Great Sasuke has held the title for a long time now, but his reign is in serious jeopardy following the arrival of Sean Waltman and his henchmen who want control of the division. Waltman is currently recovering from a rather serious injury, but a match against Sasuke and the biggest match the division has ever seen in its short existence is rapidly approaching.

Tag Team Title Scene

Champions: ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair

The former tag team Champions Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow didn’t look like losing the belts any time soon, but being a part of The Corporation a match against Flair and Austin was inevitable. McMahon booked the match with no dq’s at King of the Ring, but his plan backfired. As Austin held off interference with the help of a steel chair, Flair locked on the figure four on Bigelow and he soon tapped sending Vince into a fit of rage.

European Title Scene

Champion: ‘The Street Fighter’ William Regal

A tournament began after King of the Ring to crown a Champion for the reinstated European title. It boiled down to Regal and Bradshaw in the final at Fully Loaded and the wily Englishman was able to get the job done. With Regal representing The Corporation and Bradshaw a member of Slaughter's newly formed Armed Forces, this one could turn nasty rather quick.

King of the Ring

Winner: The Rock

He beat Triple H in the final to earn the chance to face the Champion at any time he chooses within the next year.

The Edge and Christian Invitational Extreme Tag Team Challenge

Since debuting Edge and Christian have run this invitational and have consistently beaten all comers in an array of matches for the past few months. However, at Fully Loaded The Hardy Boyz accepted the challenge and proved too much for the egotistic duo gaining a DQ victory after Edge broke up a pinfall by attacking the referee. After the match Edge pleaded that the DQ victory didn't count and The Hardy's agreed stating their wanted another shot at beating Edge and Christian with a proper pinfall.

The main powers in the company

The Corporation (Vince McMahon, Jim Cornette, ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle, Paul Wight, ‘The Street Fighter’ William Regal, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow)

A stable formed by the owner himself in a bid to gain some authority and control in the company and stop the few rebellious wrestlers rising up. At Fully Loaded Jim Cornette seemed to have joined the group leaving his announcing duties and becoming the WWF Commissioner giving McMahon more freedom to concentrate on Austin and Flair.

Degeneration X (‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart, ‘The Man Beast’ Rhino, New Age Outlaws)

Very much turned against their early DX values and now seek power within the company. Despite a few arguments in the past few months mainly between Bret Hart and Triple H the group seem to have put all differences aside and many feel they are now stronger than ever before.

The Hart Foundation (Owen Hart, Jim Niedhart, British Bulldog and Lance Storm, Honorary member: The Rock)

Brought together by Bret Hart as he looked for revenge over Shawn Michaels for the infamous screwjob at Survivor Series, but after the shocking turn the group has looked to Owen to lead them. They have been entwined in an on and off feud with their bitter rivals DX for most of the year with Bulldog, Storm and Niedhart helping out anyway they can.

The Armed Forces (Sgt. Slaughter, Captain Bradshaw and Privates Mustafa and Brown)

Slaughter hadn’t been seen in the company for a few months after he lost a match against Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania for sole control of Commissioner privileges. On the Raw after King of the Ring Slaughter led out his new group labeled the Armed Forces and delivered a speech about helping out those in need in this war against the bullies of the company, The Corporation and DX mainly.

I'll be interested in your renewal.

Are you looking to go to university or heading into the scary real world?

Good to see your still around here mate, still going strong with TNA I see? I'm gonna have to try my best to catch up.

Having a year out to think about things really which is why i'm going to have plenty of time to update this. :D Uni is definitely a possibility but I have the option of doing a degree in retail management for free.

Awesome! This was the first diary i ever really got into so count me in as a return reader.

Didn't follow this previously, but I have just had a quick look around and this looks quite good, and its safe to say I will be following.

(And a side-note, hope your A-Levels went well (Although I am jelous you finished before me :p))

Nice to see this one back.

this was one of my favorite real word diaries before so I´m in:).

Thanks a lot guys it's good to see old faces aswell as some new ones. I was afraid that after ten months it'd take a while to get this back going so i'm grateful for the response from everybody.

WWF Raw is War

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ywh5ww.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8448/jimrossdm5.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5528/jimcornetteaf0.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6050/jerrylawlerfd0.jpg

Ross isn't even allowed to open the show because as soon as pyrotechnics hit we are greeted to very familiar music.

*No Chance*

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6387/vincemcmahon1998.jpghttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5998/bigshow.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/34rxij5.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/28rfi2q.jpghttp://i48.tinypic.com/6xt7y0.jpghttp://img413.imageshack.us/img413/346/bambambigelowku3.jpg

Vince McMahon accompanied by the whole Corporation hit the ring to a chorus of thunderous booing. The newest addition Paul Wight was close to McMahon who led the way.

Vince: Last night everybody would assume that just because Austin and Flair retained the tag team titles that they won the battle, but I think secretly we all know that wasn’t the case at all. Yes they beat Vader and Bigelow in the steel cage and yes they brutally assaulted me yet again which will be met with disastrous consequences, but we’ll move onto that part in a bit. They kept hold of the belts and bloodied me up, you all cheered and they started to throw some beer around.

That was until this man right here, this seven foot five hundred pound monster single-handedly ripped them to threads right in front of your very eyes when they had more than enough time to react to the attack. He pummeled them into the ring and then out came the chokeslams and Austin and Flair were left in a big heap as we ended the night on top and for me, that’s all that matters, who was on top at the end of the night.

Vince pauses as Paul Wight steps forward showing off his sheer size as Vince lauds him.

Vince: This is, the Big Show! The biggest and most dominant wrestler to ever grace this company and he’s with The Corporation. From now on we will not loose any momentum to those no good rebels! Because you see last night was the big turning point in this war. We will continue from where we left off last night and finish off Austin and Flair once and for all.

Again Vince pauses for a few seconds, mainly to gather his thoughts.

Vince: For a while now I’ve been thinking of a way to end all of this and now I think I have the answer. You all saw what happened last night when I introduced this monster so Austin you have two options, either accept my proposal or continue to get beat down by The Big Show until you have no choice but to surrender to The Corporation. Now, I want Austin and Flair to come out here because I have a proposal for you Austin.

*Breaking Glass*

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2q3xbpu.jpg

Austin and Flair’s entrance is met by the usual ovation as the sheer numbers compiled in the ring force them to stay situated on the ramp.

Austin: You got my attention Vince now talk.

Vince: Straight to the point eh Austin? No insults or anything? Fine, I’ll get it out there.

Vince takes a pause as Austin awaits the proposal.

Vince: How longs it been Austin? We’ve been at each others throats for… eight months now. At first I believed I could change you, but now I accept that you can’t be changed, you are and always will be a no good piece of garbage not fit to even clean the World Heavyweight Title never mind wear it! I think it’s time for this whole little feud we have going on to end. We’ve been fighting it out for the past eight months and there’s really only one thing this crowd haven’t seen and now I think it’s time. I have the perfect way to end this dispute and rid the people of your insubordinate ways and finally, finally put a smile on my marvelously crafted face.

Vince smiles awkwardly at the crowd.

Vince: So it all start…

Austin: What part of straight to the point do you not understand? I don’t give a rat’s ass about where this plan came from or how it started. The fact of the matter is this Vince, I’m tired, I’ve had enough of beating your scrawny ass week in week out so to be honest Vince all I want to do now is hear what you have to say and beat your ass one final time.

Vince’s face started to red like a giant tomato as Austin interrupted him.

Vince: Fine! You want it Austin, well then I’ll give you it! Me and you at Summerslam! No DQS! Loser is fired!!

Ross: Bah gawd! Am I hearing this correct? Either Vince or Austin won’t be in the company after Summerslam!?!

Austin: Ha, sorry for laughing Vince but for a moment there I thought I heard you wanted me in the ring at Summerslam. Am I hearing things right Ric?

Vince: You wanted it straight to the point Austin! Give me your damn decision, aarrrghh I’ve had enough of you poisoning my company!

Austin: How long have you known me Vince? Two, three years? And you still don’t know how I handle my decisions.

Austin pauses and gazes into the crowd.

Austin: If you wanna to see ‘Stone Cold’ open up a gigantic can of whoop ass one last time on Vince McMahon despite the extremely small chance he could be fired, gimme me a hell yeah!?!

Crowd: Hell yeah!!!

Austin: Oh hell yeah you got your damn match!!

Vince: Bad mistake Austin! At Summerslam I will make it my personal goal and put everything I have into pinning your shoulders on the mat and you know what Austin, I’ll be getting a little help on the way. My two henchmen who have been very withdrawn up until now are just as repulsed by you as me and have made it their duty to be their when things could be going wrong. Gerald Brisco will be the special ring enforcer making sure that you haven’t cowardly called on any interference. He’ll be keeping things fair. Pat Patterson will be the special guest referee calling proceedings straight down the middle. He’ll count your pinfalls and he’ll count my pinfalls.

Ross: That’s not fair! Come on, Austin’s gonna have no chance in hell at this rate.

Lawler: You heard Vince, JR. He said Patterson and Brisco are there to keep things fair.

Ross: Those S.O.B’s couldn’t keep an election fair! Cheating is their damn middle name!

Austin: You want ol’ Stone Cold to face you in, well, basically a handicap match? You can get all the freaking roster out here on your side and I’ll still find a way to whip your ass!

The fans pop at Austin.

Austin: Do what the hell you want to do Vince. I couldn’t give a crap who else you get involved in our little match. Hell, even bring that big, fat gorilla standing next to you in the ring! Let him ring the bell if he has the brains to do it!

Big Show tries to make a move down the ramp, but Vince calms him down.

Austin: You’ve tried to make my life hell since last year and now it’s time for me to do the same to you. I’ll beat you within an inch of your life at Summerslam and then I’ll move onto bigger things.

The crowd start to pop as they realise what Austin is talking about.

Austin: Oh hell yeah! Raise even more hell and win the WWF World Heavyweight title!

The fans pop once again, louder than before.

Austin: And that’s the bottom line cos… Stone Cold… said so!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i47.tinypic.com/i5bwuq.jpgvs.http://i28.tinypic.com/izuzav.jpg

Waltman arrogantly toyed with Tajiri in the early going expecting things to be a breeze and the match to win itself. This approach helped Tajiri to mount a sort of comeback and rally some of the Waltman haters behind him. Waltman was surprise by the resilience of Tajiri who managed to lock on his crowd pleasing finishing maneuver, the tarantula, for about four seconds on the ropes before the referee made him release the hold.

Tajiri’s momentum was gathering and he was looking to finish Waltman off, but Waltman could get the job done when he wanted to and Tajiri never really found that one move to put Waltman to bed. Waltman came back at Tajiri hard and fast giving up on his tentative offensive from a short while ago. Waltman finished Tajiri off with the 1-2-3 kick.

Winner: Sean Waltman

Match Rating: B-!

Mankind is backstage in the arenas dark basement. The darkness covers most of his wounds from last night, but it is clear that he is still hurting badly from the heinous attack by Funk.

Mankind: I am in real pain, but you don’t see me cowering away! NO! I’m here tonight and despite the doctors telling me I have injuries I have never even heard of, I’m ready to take you on whenever you want you son of a b***h!

Funk you won the battle last night but, my friend, this is far from over. There’s still so much blood to be spilled. So much of your blood! Funk, last night you awoke something inside me that I didn’t know existed anymore. I thought it had died. I thought this was no more, buried under the earth. DEAD! When I was lying there right after you piledrove me onto the flaming 2x4 I realised something. I realised that Mankind was now dead. Well done Funk. You have done what you set out to do. KILL MANKIND! You finished Mankind last night, BUT YOU DIDN’T FINISH ME! I am very much alive Terry and I found out the true lengths you were willing to go. Lengths that I was surprised Mankind wouldn’t go to, but lengths that I will now achieve and even surpass…

When I was lying there, the distinct aroma of my burning flesh traveling under my nose, it gave me life. Terry Funk, listen carefully because last night you awoke…

THE HARDCORE LEGEND! Yes that’s right! Last night you awoke… CACTUS JACK! BANG BANG!

Ross: Cactus Jack! The barbaric monster who made a name for himself by going extreme over in ECW and in the Japanese death matches!

Lawler: To steal a line from you JR, bah gawd, things about to pick up now!

The camera pans backstage as we return from commercial. We enter the locker room of Intercontinental Champion Jeff Jarrett who is recieving a back rub from a very beautiful women.

Jarrett: Yeah Marlena, thats the spot, right there. Mmmmm.

Marlena: Are you sure your ok Jeff? You had a very tough match last night.

Jarrett: Aslong as your here babe I'm gonna be fine. It was a tough match, but thats nothing for the best IC Champ this company has ever seen.

Marlena smiles as Jarrett closes his eyes enjoying the backrub more.

Jarrett: There's some more oil in the shower babe just go nip in there and get it will ya.

Marlena walks around the corner, but quickly lets out a shrill screech and Jarrett instantly leapt to his feet and hurried to Marlena's aid. When he got round the corner she was cowering on the floor her head in her hands.

Jarrett: What's wrong? What happpened!?!

Marlena: Iiiittt wwasss hhhhhorrribble.

Jarrett: What was? Tell me.

Marlena: Ggggg.... Goldust.

Jarrett: What!

Jarrett stood transfixed for a moment before sprinting out of the locker room and down the corridor.

WWF European Title Match

http://i47.tinypic.com/28rfi2q.jpgvs.http://i30.tinypic.com/2m601dw.jpg

Blackman had been improving his game in recent months, moving more to a stiff MMA style of fighting and was now beginning to look like a legitimate ‘Lethal Weapon’. However well he was starting to perform though, he was still finding victories hard to come by and here, against the newly crowned European Champion, the extremely intense and unique fighting style of William Regal, things weren’t going to get any easier for Blackman.

Blackman put up a valiant fight and gave Regal a tough first title defence. He battled hard, but Regal was quickly becoming a superb wrestler and wasn’t going to be beaten by Blackman today. The fans expected a rematch to be on the cards at some stage between Regal and Bradshaw and those hopes were kept alive after Regal orchestrated some fantastic mat wrestling in the late stages which led to the Regal stretch and Blackman’s hand tapping the mat.

Winner and still European Champion, William Regal

Match Rating: C+

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5897/sgtslaughteryf3.jpghttp://i32.tinypic.com/20hlbte.jpg

Bradshaw’s music hits and he comes to the ramp with Sgt. Slaughter cutting Regal’s celebrations short.

Regal: Oi! What in heavens name do you two think you doing out here interrupting my title defence?

Slaughter: Listen up, maggot! You think we’re gonna sit back there and accept defeat after you blatantly cheated to win that belt. Have you go no pride? I thought you Englishmen were all about morals?

Regal: We Englishmen as you so directly put it, win at any cost! We’re winners, not losers like you lousy American ponces!

Slaughter: If you don’t shut up I’ll come down to that ring and kick your snooty ass back to England!

Regal: Just what the bloody hell do you guys want then? I’m not giving you a shot at my belt if that’s what you’re asking.

Slaughter: Oh you will give Bradshaw a shot maggot, he’s entitled to a rematch.

Regal: He’s not entitled to anything! I’m a fighting champion and I’ll defend this belt week in week out on Raw if I have to, but when I’ve beaten somebody once, they have no bloody chance of getting a second shot without seriously impressing me and coming out here interrupting my celebrations is definitely not impressive to me.

Bradshaw butts in ahead of Slaughter.

Bradshaw: You wanna be impressed do ya, champ? You can continue defending the belt against the nobodies of the company then and I’ll go out there and kick some ass and then I’ll be back to take that title. Come on, let’s get out of here and leave the Champ to feel proud about his first defence against Steve Blackman. Ha!

Bradshaw and Slaughter leave the arena as Regal turns his nose up sticking out his chest as the belt rested on his shoulder.

http://i45.tinypic.com/90apvq.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/wo2ts.jpgvs. http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7555/kamazy1.jpghttp://i30.tinypic.com/2qn9rw6.jpg

This wasn’t exactly the most exciting match on the card, but with Guerrero and Panther’s veteran instincts and experience it’s very hard for them to have a bad match. They produced a solid bout helping to put over Mustafa and Brown who were made to look particularly dangerous throughout, in hope that it would breath new life into them following their departure from The Nation of Domination and re-emergence in The Armed Forces.

Panther and Guerrero’s teamwork was exceptional as they looked to use the old isolation tactic commonly associated with heel teams. Brown was unfortunately on the receiving end of the double team, but he showed resilience and managed to claw back into it with the help of a hot tag from Mustafa. He pounced into the ring and put The Privates on top before tagging back in Brown for a Lo Down off the top rope straight on Guerrero who then took the fall.

Winners: Mustafa and Brown

Match Rating: D+

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpghttp://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4255/therock3.jpg

Owen Hart and The Rock hit the ring to masses of approval from the crowd, but neither seem in the mood to soak it up. Instead each grab a mic from ringside and circle the ring for a few seconds before Owen breaks the silence.

Owen: Tonight myself and Rocky have a chance to take home the tag team titles, but to be honest after losing last night to Degeneration X it means absolutely nothing. We’d rather have that win than the crappy tag team titles. It’s frustrating, losing to people you know you should be beating week in and week out dammit!

Owen clutched the mic tight in his hand as The Rock took over.

The Rock: FINALLY…The ROCK… HAS COME BACK... TO ORLANDO! The Rock knows how is buddy Owen Hart is feeling, but Owen you need to know that The Rock is here by your side, ready to take a beating or just ready to whip some candy ass tonight right here in ORLANDO and take home some tag team gold.

Owen: I know Rock I know, but you can’t tell me you’re not at boiling point with those two bozos. We need to finish them once and for all. I want Triple H at Summerslam… one on one.

The Rock: Oh The Rock is frustrated he’s pissed off don’t worry and all the millions and millions of The Rock’s fans know he wants the candy ass of Bret Hart at Summerslam, but we all know that Bret Hart is just too scared to go ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE!

*Breaking Glass*

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2q3xbpu.jpg

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin barges his way through the curtain closely followed by the more flamboyant Ric Flair. They make their way into the ring, tag team gold draped across their shoulders, as Owen and The Rock back off closer to the announce table.

Austin: Maybe you two should stop worrying your little heads about DX and start worrying about facing me and Ric for these tonight.

He points to the gold on his shoulder and then flips off both Owen and The Rock simultaneously.

The Rock: Austin you think that me and Owen are worried about facing you two for the tag team gold later tonight?

Austin: Ya damn…

The Rock: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! The only thing that matters Stone Cold is tonight infront of the millions and millions of The Rock’s fans The Rock and his partner the great Owen Hart come down here for the main event, tag team gold on the line, and we forget what happened last night, put it all behind us and instead bring our A game, because dammit The Rock always does, and we strip you of that tag team gold, not because we want to because quite frankly The Rock would rather be fighting Sasuke for his gold, but because The Rock and Owen Hart are the best damn thing going today!

He pauses as the crowd roar in approval.

The Rock: And then with the tag team gold firmly around these waists you know what we’ll do with that gold? The Rock will take his tag team gold, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and then stick it straight up both your candy asses! IF YA SMELL LALALOW…WHAT THE ROCK…IS…COOOKING!

Ross: Well it looks like Owen and The Rock want DX at Summerslam, but tonight it’s all about the tag team gold. What a main event King.

Lawler: I know JR Cornette has booked a huge match for his first Raw as Commissioner.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34rxij5.jpgvs.http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6600/lancestorm2.jpg

Some technically enthused fans were eagerly anticipating this match which lived up to the expectations. It was a fast paced bout involving plenty of quick mat wrestling in the early stages before moving onto some more hold orientated work designed to wear the opposition down.

The match was mostly dominated by the superb work of Kurt Angle, but Storm was given his chance to display his high potential and The Canadian did his part to prove he was ready to take the step up to more established opponents.

The match was given a decent amount of time to progress, but there was definitely a feel that it could have been better and a PPV match was there down the line where they would really be able to show their stuff.

Storm and Angle exchanged various suplexes throughout, each looking to better the other with a more complex and innovative attempt, before Storm found himself with the Canadian maple leaf locked in. Angle managed to wriggle free countering the hold and before Storm knew anything about it he had the ankle lock locked on. Angle tugged on the ankle and Storm gave in to the pain not long after.

Winner: Kurt Angle

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lus9cg.jpg

The World Heavyweight Champion ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels walks through the curtain looking a little worse for wear, but that doesn’t matter as he celebrated another successful title defence last night.

Michaels: Oh you know it, the Heartbreak Kid is here and he’s ready to go all night ladies, because god dammit it’s just a 24 hour party when you’re the Champion, the best in the business.

He pauses allowing parts of the crowd to boo his arrogance.

Michaels: So, what next? I’ve taken down both members of BOD, The Phenom and The Big Red Monster and yeah I’m a man I’ll tell the truth, they got to me a little but, scared me now and again, but in the ring there was really only going to be one winner and come on, if you doubted The Showstopper at all then you can’t even call yourself a wrestling fan.

Mankind couldn’t handle The Showstopper and now The Undertaker and Kane have been made to bow to these awesome feet. I think I am truly what god thought of when he wanted to create the perfect human, think! In fact I know I am, can’t even believe I doubted myself for a moment there.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5528/jimcornetteaf0.jpg

The new WWF Commissioner Jim Cornette strolls out onto the ramp.

Cornette: My god Shawn you really are full of yourself. I had to come out here before we had half the audience going home feeling ill.

Michaels: Whoa whoa whoa! What the hell do you think your doing out here? I’m the Champion, I retained the belt yet again last night so this is my ten minutes, I’ve damn well earned this slot.

Cornette: I’d be careful if I was you Shawn and I’ll have you know this is now my show and I call the shots including who you next face at Summerslam.

Michaels: Do your worse Cornette! As far as I’m concerned I’ve just beaten the scariest things in this company.

Cornette: My best? Fine Shawn if that’s what you want. Last night I promised something big as I started my new role and commissioner and I’m out here to prove I’m not just all talk. Summerslam is one of our biggest events of the year and that’s why we need one of our biggest main events of the year. Shawn, let’s see if your still WWF Champion when you’ve got to take on both members of BOD!

The crowd pop and Michaels goes crazy in the ring.

Cornette: That’s right we’re going triple threat baby! At Summerslam you’ll defend the gold against The Undertaker and Kane! That’s all from me, good night!

Ross: Bah gawd! We have the main event for Summerslam and it is huge! I think I’ve made my feelings for Cornette quite clear at this announce table over the past year, but bah gawd has he delivered right there.

Lawler: First he leaves us alone at the announce table and then he goes about making decisions like that. Finally a Jim Cornette I can get along with.

Goldust comes out ready for his imminent match against Farooq. He stays on the ramp though and points to the back unveiling Dusty Rhodes who struts out onto the ramp to big pop from the crowd. Goldust and Rhodes hug on the ramp for a short while and then walk down to the ring together. Rhodes takes up a position near the announce table as Goldust awaits the arrival of Farooq in the ring.

http://i55.tinypic.com/282f75y.jpg

Ross: Bah gawd! It’s Dusty Rhodes! He’s back in the company.

Lawler: It looks like Goldust has himself a new manager aswell.

Farooq vs. Goldust w. Dusty Rhodes

http://i51.tinypic.com/inzoky.jpgvs.http://i35.tinypic.com/5vi21.jpg

Although Goldust had made some rare appearances backstage seemingly stalking his former friend and Intercontinental Champion, Jeff Jarrett, he hadn’t featured much in the ring for a while now. Because of this he cautiously tried to feel out Farooq in the early stages and smartly stayed away from the power of Farooq grounding him on many occasions which limited Farooq’s effectiveness throughout.

The contest continued to deal out some offence each way for the next few minutes with Farooq attempting lots of quick pinfalls after almost every move he hit, but Goldust was always able to stay in the game. Goldust attempts at the curtain call, which would have ultimately finished this one off, were thwarted by Farooq who always had an answer. Goldust realised he would have to find another way to take the victory which was exactly what he did catching Farooq off guard. Goldust rolled the big man up into a small package and clung on for dear life as the referee’s three count just managed to sneak in.

Winner: Goldust

Match Rating: C

Jeff Jarrett sprints to the ring and slides into the action. Goldust hasn’t even had time to get to his feet before Jarrett is pummeling him in all areas with some hard punches. Jarrett had clearly had enough of the stalking that Goldust had been orchestrating in the recent weeks and wanted to send him a message. Dusty Rhodes quickly enters the fray and pulls Jarrett off his son. He throws him hard into the corner and followed up with all his body weight knocking the wind straight out of the Intercontinental Champion. Bionic Elbow from Rhodes! The crowd went wild as Rhodes delivers the signature move which floored Jarrett onto the mat. He quickly rolled out of harms way as Rhodes helped Goldust up and raised his hand to show who the winner was.

Big Show vs. British Bulldog

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5998/bigshow.jpgvs.http://i28.tinypic.com/28gxb91.jpg

British Bulldog was the unfortunate reciprocate of a Big Show beating which had to be convincing. He didn’t get a great amount of offence in and the match was predominantly controlled by Big Show who tossed Bulldog around the ring like you would expect Bulldog to be able to do to a cruiserweight.

This clear burial, although needed to help evolve the Big Show character, could have been given to somebody other than British Bulldog who had just been vying it out for the Intercontinental title. The indication was that Bulldog’s career was on the wind down after numerous drug problems over the years and a decreasing ability to use his body like he used to and the creative team weren’t ready to keep Bulldog as a valuable member of the roster.

Throughout the match Big Show teased Bulldog with numerous attempts at a chokeslam before releasing the hold or firing Bulldog into the corner with his one hand. Finally though, after one or two ineffectual Bulldog comebacks, Show finished him off the chokeslam.

Winner: Big Show

Match Rating: B-

Rhino is backstage ready for a shoot promo.

Rhino: Kanyon! That wasn't your business! Last night you should have stayed at home, you weren't even good enough to get on the card so you had to steal my spotlight. That Intercontinental title was mine! Yes i've attacked you and yes I have a had a problem with you before Fully Loaded, but now that problem is something much more. You've seen my intensity, my power and you can't handle The Man Beast! Next week you will meet me in the ring and we'll settle this unless your too much of a coward.

Gore! I'll break you in half!

Rhino lets out a roar as the camera cuts back to the announcers.

Lawler: Rhino and Kanyon right here in the Warzone next week! Whoa that is big.

Ross: Certainly is King, its set to explode.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2q3xbpu.jpgvs.http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpghttp://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4255/therock3.jpg

Despite the huge surge in popularity for both Owen Hart and The Rock in recent months, the crowd were still firmly behind the foul mouth Austin and veteran Flair, mainly Austin who was still receiving overwhelming pops whenever he appeared.

It was clear from the tentative start that Owen and The Rock had a gameplan here and weren’t just going into the title match with a small chance they could come out with the belts. They had only had a mere few hours to prepare, but they seemed to have used every one of those hours effectively and after a few old fashioned collar and elbow tie ups involving all four men, Owen and The Rock quickly turned their attention to Ric Flair who, despite his decorated Résumé and almost god like status in the wrestling world, was certainly the weak link of the team with age perhaps finally catching up to the great Nature Boy.

Flair continued to defy the age barrier though and battled through the double teams to make the tag to Austin which as you would expect, was met with a thunderous response from those in attendance. Austin managed to send both The Rock and Owen Hart crashing to the mat, after dealing out some tough punches, he just threw them aside. Austin gestured for a beer from ringside causing the fans to explode once more. Austin cracked open the can and drenched himself with it. The Rock had stumbled back into the ring, but the beer seemed to pump Austin up even more as he leveled The Rock with a stunner! Unfortunately The Rock wasn’t the legal man so he winched away to the apron as Owen crawled back in.

Austin and Flair slowed down the tempo and looked to work Owen Hart over in their corner much like their opponents had done to ‘The Nature Boy’ earlier in the match. They effectively did so, but Owen soon scrambled away and tagged in The Rock who electrifyingly ducked under a Steve Austin attempted clothesline and caught Austin with a few punches of his own. Austin took the punches awaiting his chance and pounced onto The Rock with his customary Lou Thez press. Austin unloaded with a barrage of rights and lefts, often missing their intended target, and then stood up flipping Owen Hart the bird as he did.

Austin continued with the dominance for the next few minutes letting Flair in on the action aswell. Flair locked the figure four leglock on The Rock, but Owen wasn’t going to watch while The Rock tapped out and broke up the submission causing a montage of boos which propelled from the crowd. Austin came rushing in and leveled Owen as soon as he broke up the pin. He then helped Flair to his feet and tossed him into Owen who had retreated to the corner. Owen stumbled to the centre of the ring. Stunner! The stunner sent Owen catapulting through the second rope. Austin signaled for Flair to end things and he locked in the figure four leglock for the second time. The Rock soon tapped out to the excruciating hold.

Winners and still WWF Tag Team Champions, Steve Austin and Ric Flair

Match Rating: B+

Steve Austin and Ric Flair exited the ring and claimed their back gold before celebrating up the ramp with a few cold beers. Triple H and Bret Hart stormed through the crowd and began a devious assault of The Rock and Owen Hart who couldn’t respond quickly enough. As Triple H and Bret Hart continued to batter the helpless duo, Austin acknowledged the attack to Flair who nodded in his direction. Suddenly the tag team champions sprinted back to the ring and began attacking Bret and Triple much to the delight of the crowd. Austin and Flair tossed the Degeneration X members from the ring and ordered some beer into the ring. They then lifted up Owen and The Rock and the four of them began an epic beer bash. Austin flipped the bird at Bret and Triple H as they angrily looked back at the four fan favourites in the ring. Austin turned back to Owen and slammed his beer against his before stunning him to the mat. The Rock turned around and tried to hit Austin, but Flair caught him with a lowblow and then he met the same fate as Owen Hart. Austin flipped them both the bird and then grabbed his title and made his way to the back with Ric Flair.

Ross: Typical Austin and now he’s got the dirtiest player in the game in on the act. Those two are a formidable force. Austin and Flair just left their mark here tonight!

Lawler: I don’t think it was a good idea to get involved with Degeneration X’s business when it doesn’t concern them though, JR.

Ross: Austin and Flair will take on anybody anytime, their not interested in making friends, just enemies it seems.

Raw Rating: B

Nitro Rating: C

Raw TV Rating: 9.89

Nitro TV Rating: 10.56

WWF Raw is War Preview

http://i50.tinypic.com/fu5b0p.jpg

Sean Waltman vs. Super Loco

WWF European Title

‘The Street Fighter’ William Regal © vs. Lance Storm and Marc Mero

The E and C Invitational Extreme Tag Team Challenge

Edge and Christian vs. ???

‘Dr Death’ Steve Williams vs. The Rock

‘The Man Beast’ Rhino vs. ‘The Innovator of Violence’ Chris Kanyon

Owen Hart vs. Sid Vicious

Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart and Triple H vs. The Brother’s of Destruction

Nice show! I like this and will definitely keep reading. I dig the "dirt sheet" style you use for matches as well, it's a nice approach.

Thanks mate good to have you on board. I'm glad you like the match report style I feel it's a lot better and gives a lot more information than just a hold by hold account.

WWF European Title

WWF European Title

Waltman seems to be going to a title fight so he stays strong

WWF European Title

I doubt Regal loses the title so early espesially since he has feud going over the title with Bradshaw right now.

Well this could go two ways, either Hardy Boys will show up or E&C beat some other tag team. I go with first option and say that Hardy´s get another win.

Rock is higher on the ladders

Kanyon takes the first match making Rhino even more angry.

I´m just not big fan of Sid.

Hard to go against Brother’s of Destruction in almost any situation and this isn´t an expection.

WWF Raw is War

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ywh5ww.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8448/jimrossdm5.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5528/jimcornetteaf0.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6050/jerrylawlerfd0.jpg

Ross: Good evening folks and welcome to Raw is War! I’m here with Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler.

Lawler: We’ve got a big main event tonight, JR. The Brother’s of Destruction will be facing The Champion’s henchmen Triple H and Bret Hart right here on Raw is War.

Ross: You’ve got to look at this differently now both brothers will be involved in the main event, if one of them can take out the other then only Michaels stand between them and the gold.

Lawler: It’s a good point raised JR, but as neither have been able to beat Michaels one on one then maybe their best option would be to team and take out Michaels and just settle the title between each other at Summerslam.

Ross: By the end of the night, King, maybe we’ll have a better idea of the situation here.

Oh, Oh, Oooohhhhh,

http://i49.tinypic.com/2lus9cg.jpg

The resilient Champion ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels comes out and strolls down the ring soaking up the reception which is very mixed.

Michaels: First I defend the gold against The Undertaker not once, but twice and then I beat Kane at Fully Loaded, but now that’s not enough and now this new commissioner thinks that just because the boss has given him the power to call the shots now he can victimise the Champion and put both men up against me at Summerslam! Well I think we all know the Commissioner is jealous. It’s not my fault he was picked on in school, wears incredibly stupid glasses which just scream complete douchebag and carries around a little pansy racket. It’s not like we can all be as amazing and perfect as your Champion, but hey that’s how we’re born. It’s like this Cornette, quit getting involved in my business now or risk the consequences. Degeneration X have helped get rid of one commissioner; don’t make us get rid of another one.

Michaels strokes his gold belt smirking to himself.

Michaels: Well there isn’t much I can do now so in true Champion spirit I’m not gonna complain or moan about this massively unfair situation I’m in, no I’m gonna walk into Summerslam the Champion and walk out the Champion. I know exactly how important it is to be Champion and once you have this belt you’ll do whatever you can to keep it. I remember when I lost it back in December and I did everything in my power to get it back and that’s just what I did. Undertaker, Kane, I know your both allies right now, but with this Championship on the line can you really be allies much longer? You won’t get to me if that’s your plan, try it. Come out here and try and attack me right now, it won’t happen. I have a group dedicated on keeping this title and we are always one step ahead of anyone trying to get an advantage.

This belt makes you do things you wouldn’t normally do to win, if either of you want this you can’t rely on each other, one of you will turn however long it take, one of you will turn. You won’t get to me so your best bet is to get to each other, you can both deny it as much as you want, but when it comes down to it you both know I’m right. It’ll happen, trust me, if I were you I’d make sure you did it first.

Lawler: Strong words from Michaels tonight.

Ross: It looks like Michaels have started the mind games, but will it have an effect on BOD.

Lawler: I think they have to take note though JR, Michaels has got a good point.

http://i47.tinypic.com/i5bwuq.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/2604gi0.jpg

The Light Heavyweight division have boldly stepped up to fight the evil Waltman which shows the influence that Sasuke can have. However, Waltman possesses many skills and knows how to get a win. You felt here that however hard Loco tried he still wasn’t going to be able to cause Waltman too many problems who looked comfortable throughout the whole match and after last weeks quite close call against Tajiri, it seemed Waltman’s arrogance has weakened a little and he was now just interested in beating Loco and causing more doubt to Sasuke’s Light Heavyweight Championship.

Waltman wore down Loco expertly throughout showing great levels of psychology. After an innovative clothesline from the top rope Waltman stalked Loco before finishing him off with a 1-2-3 kick.

Winner: Sean Waltman

Match Rating: C-

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair are walking together backstage.

Austin: Honest opinion, Ric. Tell me what you think of this match at Summerslam.

Flair: Steve, pal, I think you know it’s not gonna be easy I mean beating Vince will be easy enough, but beating the entire Corporation and those two at ringside will be the tough part. I’ll be there brother, at ringside, but my honest opinion, we need some more power at ringside, Steve. It’s no DQ so we might aswell use it to our advantage.

Austin: That’s all good Ric, but who can we trust. This is my career with the company we’re talking about I don’t want no son of a b***h joining us only to turn on us because he got a great big payout off Vince.

Flair: It’s gonna require some thinking time and thankfully we’ve got a few weeks to go, but I’ve got one name for you, pal, someone who’s helped you in the past.

Austin: Who you reckon, Ric?

Flair: Not now, Steve. It’s not the place lets head to the locker room and we can have a really good think about this, weigh up our options.

Flair and Austin pace off down the corridor to discuss the career threateningly match that Austin faces at Summerslam.

Ross: Let's hope to dear god that Flair has something good up his sleeve for Summerslam King, because Austin is seriously up against it. The odds are stacked in Vince's favour.

Lawler: I've known Flair a long time and he can normally come up with something to get a win, he's one of the best, JR.

WWF European Title

http://i47.tinypic.com/28rfi2q.jpgvs.http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6600/lancestorm2.jpgvs.http://i25.tinypic.com/1zpmalw.jpg

A surprising entertaining undercard match which maintained the fans interest throughout. All three performers were on their game today as Storm and Mero clearly felt winning the European title would help elevate their careers in the company.

Storm was the most impressive of the challengers and used his very technical arsenal which contrasted with Regal’s more brutal ground and pound approach and Mero looked to combat this with a high flying game. Storm has his chances to win and even had the Canadian Maple Leaf locked on Mero only for Regal to break things up and rapidly apply a Regal Stretch on Storm to retain his newly won gold.

Winner and still European Champion, William Regal

The camera cuts backstage to a dark, dreary room where Terry Funk is sat on a battered in steel chair clutching a microphone tightly in his hand, rocking back and forth as he begins to speak.

Funk: Mick? Where are you Mick? Where is the true Mick Foley? The hardcore legend? Last week you claimed he had returned. Cactus Jack had returned! I don't believe it though. I'm yet to see the return of Cactus Jack because you see Mick, if Cactus Jack had truly returned I'd be looking forward to Summerslam. If he'd really been brought back from the dead I'd be like a child on Christmas Eve, but instead of the prospect of presents to wake up to I'd be looking forward to the copious amounts of blood spilled that night. Blood would flood the arena like the wrapping paper that covers the floor on Christmas Day. Hardcore would be back! We would bring it back Mick. Bring it to the WWF! But I'm not looking forward to Summerslam. I'm not looking forward to only spilling YOUR blood, burning YOUR flesh, tearing at YOUR limbs because the truth is I could go to Japan tomorrow and do that to anyone. The only man who was truly a challenge for ol' Terry Funk, the hardcore legend, was Cactus Jack, the other hardcore legend so I pray that because I'm getting old I just can't feel it. I prey that at Summerslam Cactus Jack is actually back, but I'm afraid Mick, I'm afraid that however much I prey, however much I plead to the gods. Plead for one more life for Cactus Jack, I fear that they just can't grant me that one wish.

Funk stares into the camera more intensely than before.

Funk: Cactus Jack is dead Mick, you killed the legend along time ago and you can't bring him back because you decide to. You've changed, Mick and you can't just change back.

Lawler: If Cactus Jack is really back can you imagine what these two will do to each other at Summerslam?

Ross: I don't want to even imagine it. I may need you take over the play by play for that one King because there will be some bits even I won't be able to watch.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9236/edge2z.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7029/christian2.jpg

Edge and Christian come out to a mixed reaction ready for another invitational.

Edge: I don’t care what anyone thinks, neither of us were pinned at Fully Loaded and therefore we didn’t lose the match. You really think the freakin’ Hardy Boyz can beat us in a tag team match. We are unbeaten in this company since the invitational and that’s just how it will stay for a long, long time.

Christian: It totally is bro, no one is beating us and soon enough we’ll finally be tag team champions and people might start believing we are actually the best tag team in the company.

Edge: Me and my totally awesome bro Christian are still a little bit mad after Fully Loaded so I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody came out to face us tonight. Let’s see who’s man enough to come out here, normal tag team rules lets freakin’ go!

Edge and Christian vs. Kamikaze

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9236/edge2z.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7029/christian2.jpgvs.http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1897/funaki.jpghttp://i28.tinypic.com/izuzav.jpg

The challenge was accepted by a relatively new team, completely new to Raw programming but they had appeared on occasion on Heat gaining some recognition with the fans. They knew they were in for an exciting match full of suicidal high flying moves that had often led to the downfall of Tajiri and Funaki rather than their lack of talent. These two were talented, but just needed to know when to stop entertaining the fans and go for the victory.

Following the cheap Disqualification defeat at Fully Loaded, Edge and Christian didn’t seem bothered by using more cheap tactics to ensure their streak of never losing by pinfall carried on. This caused many more fans to jump on the Kamikaze bandwagon and cheer them to being the first team to properly end Edge and Christian’s challenge.

You could tell Edge and Christian hadn’t experienced many hostile crowds, but it certainly didn’t deter their focus. As previously stated before, Kamikaze had made their name by attempting the impossible in a bid to gain a following and this match was no different. As Funaki climbed the ropes everybody bar Kamikaze could sense Edge was playing possum on the mat. He rolled out of the way just in time and tagged in Christian who applied the finishing touches and, keeping with the dirty tactics they were beginning to become associated for, even grabbed a handful of tights to ensure the pinfall.

Winners: Edge and Christian

Match Rating: D

As Edge and Christian celebrate the tainted victory to a chorus of boos in the ring, The Hardy Boyz interrupt and the crowd soon change their tone.

http://i45.tinypic.com/jt32bs.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/66999h.jpg

Edge: What the hell do you two losers want?

Matt: Losers? Don’t make me mention what went down at Fully Loaded. Me and Jeff are happy to forget about that, but we want a match next week on Raw. A rematch.

Christian: You want to face the totally awesome team of Edge and Christian again?!? Am I hearing this right?

Jeff: Just accept the rematch and we’ll see you two in the ring next week.

Edge: Oh we accept the match Jeff! God I’ve seen more emotion from a freakin’ broomstick! You are both an insult to the wrestling business if you ask me. You can’t entertain these fans and quite frankly it’s a totally huge insult that you think that despite not doing anything at all noteworthy in this company you can beat me and my bro next week.

Christian: You got no chance dudes! Bring on next week!

Backstage we see Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson talking to Vince McMahon in his office.

Brisco: Vince you know we got this right? Austin has no chance at Summerslam.

Patterson: I’ll be counting the pinfalls so fast there ain’t no way he’s kicking out.

Vince: You two better not fail me you do know my ownership of the company is on the line here.

Brisco: What about what Flair said earlier though boss? It sounds like those two are up to a few things.

Vince: Don’t worry about that. There is nothing either of them can do to stop Austin from getting fired and to make sure I have another plan in place aswell, something you two don’t know about and something you’re not getting to know about.

Patterson: Hey, I thought you trusted us boss?

Vince: That’s not the point, aslong as you do your jobs I’ll be happy, this other plan doesn’t concern you, it’s between me and somebody else that’s it. All it’d take would be for one of you two morons to get drunk and go blabbing it all over.

Patterson turns away as though Vince was reminding him of something as Brisco scowls at him.

Vince: Just forget about that, you two know all you need to know now come on I’ve called you in here for a reason. The stunner, Austin’s gonna want to hit it every chance he gets, we need to combat it, how do you counter it?

The camera fades away to some rather disturbing images of Brisco and Patterson attempting to counter each others stunner attempts.

http://i29.tinypic.com/nquwyr.jpgvs.http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4255/therock3.jpg

It was clear that the role for somebody like Steve Williams in a company like the World Wrestling Federation was to help put over the newer stars, the future of the company. You had to respect Williams because unlike many who had the same role as him in the company he did so without a moan and gave everything he had to help put over the new stars, because aslong as The Rock came out of the match looking stronger than he did before then Williams knew he had done his job.

The match itself was nothing special, but solid enough for its place on the card. It was only a matter of time before The Rock was going to pick up the win and after a few minor blips along the way that time did eventually come. A spinebuster left Williams on his back in the centre of the ring and the fans immediately leapt to their feet as The Rock did his usual festivities before unleashing the peoples elbow.

Winner: The Rock

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6349/brethartl.jpg

The Rock’s music is cut short by the arrival of Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart, greeted in unison by thousands of hostile fans. He comes out sarcastically applauding The Rock who stares down the ramp at him, eyebrow raised.

Bret: Well done, Rocky. Fan-freakin-tastic!

The Rock signals for a microphone to be thrown into the ring, his request is granted instantly.

The Rock: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. WHOA! Shut up!

Bret: Wh…

The Rock: No, shut the hell up! FINALLY…The ROCK… HAS COME BACK... TO JACKSONVILLE! Know your damn role and shut your damn mouth Bret Hart. At Summerslam you’ll be going ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE! The Rock will check your scrawny little monkey ass di-rec-er-ly into THE SMACKDOWN HOTEL!

Bret: Quit sprouting your corny catchphrases Rock, the only people it impressives are these losers we seem to get week in week out at every US arena across the country!

As expected Bret’s comments draw major heat from the crowd, but he just pretends to spit at each section of the crowd.

Bret: Your correct Rock me and you will be fighting at Summerslam, but you’ll be going one on one with The Excellence of Execution. You may have been lucky and won this years King of the Ring, but I wasn’t in it, I’m too big for that. I’ve been there done that. Twice! Only man in history to do it and as a true King of the Ring, the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be I have a little deal for you Rock.

The Rock: You have a deal for The Rock? A deal for The Rock? The only deal you need to be trying to get out of The Rock is a get out of this match clause because at Summerslam The Rock is gonna whip your ass just like he did to that jabroni Triple H.

Bret: No Rock I want to face you at Summerslam. Trust me. Your nothing more than a glorified TV character, catchphrase here, catchphrase there, yeah you can talk the talk, but can you really walk the walk? Can you get in this ring with the best and still walk of King of the Ring? Prove it at Summerslam. Put your King of the Ring title on the line at Summerslam. If I win I am crowned King of the Ring for a third time and I get your title shot.

The Rock: And what does The Rock get?

Bret: The Rock gets nothing, because The Rock doesn’t even deserve to be King of the Ring in the first place!

The Rock: So you’re giving The Rock a deal where The Rock could lose everything and gain nothing. The Rock has given everything to win King of The Ring, to get that title shot whenever The Rock chooses. But the fact of the matter is this Bret Hart, The Rock knows he can beat your RUDI-POO-CANDY-ASS and The Rock is completely, abolsutely, positively 100% sure of it. That’s why at Summerslam The Rock will put it all on the line, everything The Rock has worked for up until now just for that one shot to nail your candy ass with the People’s elbow in front of the million (AND MILLIONS) of Rock’s fans. So yeah Bret you got your little deal. IF YA SMELL LALALOW…WHAT THE ROCK…IS…COOOKING!

Ross: The Rock is placing it all on the line at Summerslam, King.

Lawler: I like The Rock JR, but putting your King of the Ring crown on the line is one thing, but against Bret Hart!?! That just seems damn right stupid.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2saf28o.jpgvs.http://i48.tinypic.com/1z1zr6c.jpg

A match filled with hatred perhaps a little two important for Monday Night Raw, but Rhino wanted Kanyon as soon as possible and tonight he got his wish. Throughout the match Kanyon remained calm as Steamboat stood avidly at ringside scouting Rhino. Rhino was completely the opposite coming out of the blocks with his usual intensity which never really faltered as the match wore on.

It was very even throughout, both men seemed to have done their homework on each other and were constantly reversing each others moves and it was difficult to predict a winner.

The pivotal moment came when Rhino came crashing from the ropes looking to hit the fatal gore, but Kanyon was aware to his surroundings, despite the grogginess and moved to the ropes. Rhino forced on the brakes and stopped dead, but as he turned he was caught in a Flatliner by Kanyon who covered for the pinfall.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

As the match came to his conclusion Steamboat sensed that the anger Rhino had showed up until now would be nothing compared to what he would do after a loss to Kanyon and hurriedly whisked after his client putting a quick stop to any sort of celebrations. Kanyon raised his arm down the ramp as Rhino began getting to his feet and realising what had happened he shook the ropes fiercely letting out a loud, gruff scream. He panted heavily and stared blankly at Kanyon who looked back showing absolutely no expression at all.

Lawler: I have a feeling this one ain't over, JR.

Ross: You took the words out of my mouth, King. Rhino will be out for revenge next week. Kanyon and Steamboat need to be on their toes.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpgvs.http://i45.tinypic.com/2j45xlv.jpg

With Triple H having the face The Brother’s of Destruction in the main event this gave Owen Hart a chance to put some pressure on his foe and gain an edge as the two would be squaring off in a few weeks time at Summerslam. Owen carried the match for the most part, but Sid did look menacing utilising his power game to his full advantage, perhaps out of necessity rather than choice.

The turning point came when Sid, on top after a few offensive maneuvers, attempted to hoist Owen up for a chokeslam, but it seemed that he botched the move however, Owen did a fantastic job of disguising the botch and turned into a reversal in a way showing just how far he has come as a wrestler these past few months. With Sid’s defenses in a mess Owen capitalised and soon had the big man tapping to the sharpshooter.

Winner: Owen Hart

Match Rating: B

Woooooooooo!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2q3xbpu.jpg

‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair casually strolls out to the ring alone strutting as crowd give him a great pop.

Flair: Ok then it seems everyone is settling on their plans Summerslam, the biggest party of the summer! Woooooooo! Well if it’s the biggest party of the summer then where the hell is The Nature Boy? ‘The Limousine Ridin', Jet Flying, Kiss Stealin', Wheelin' Dealin', Son of a Gun’ needs to be at Summerslam and that’s exactly why am out here.

Let’s dive straight into this and what happened at Fully Loaded after we defended our tag team belts insulted me, a legend in this business, it insulted me that Big Show came down there and attacked two men after they had just fought a tough match with the odds stacked against us, I mean if Big Show wants a handicap match then me and Steve with give him we ain’t got no problems with that.

I know you’ll be around Big Show at Summerslam when your boss goes up against my friend to see who stays in this company. Haha yes I know you will be trying to make the difference there and I can’t blame you because I’m gonna be doing the same, do I want my buddy to be out of the company, hell no I don’t and I’ll be doing everything I can to make sure Steve beats Vince’s ass! Wooooooo!

I do have a proposition for you though Big Show. To make things a little more interesting in regards to that Your Fired match I think you and me need to have a match earlier on the event. Not just any match though, an ambulance match! Woooooo! The loser will be beaten up so bad that they will be on their way to the hospital in a freakin’ ambulance. And that’s the bottom line cos The Nature Boy said so! Woooooooooooo!

Ross: Bah gawd! Is that another huge match added to Summerslam?

Lawler: Summerslam is gonna be one hell of a show, JR.

Ross: We haven't seen much of Big Show, but I'm not sure it's wise of Flair to want the monster in a match where anything goes.

Lawler: Like I said earlier JR, Flair always has something up his sleeve.

The Brother’s of Destruction are shown walking together backstage heading out to the ring for the main event.

Lawler: It’s up next, JR.

Ross: We will see if Michaels’ mind games earlier have had any effect the brothers, who are perhaps at getting in the minds of their opponents, a little ironic.

Lawler: I certainly is JR, you can just never underestimate Shawn Michaels. The man always has a plan and when your facing two gigantic monsters such as these two that’s exactly what you need.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6349/brethartl.jpghttp://i38.tinypic.com/73p8ns.jpgvs.http://i36.tinypic.com/14ipjwz.jpghttp://img150.imageshack.us/img150/189/kanemask1998vn6.jpg

Following Shawn Michaels mind games earlier in the night everybody in the arena were sensing a turn by one of the brothers. They had certainly taken Michaels words into account and were both on edge as they entered the ring together. They were trying to show no fear and stayed close at all times, but you could see that each one didn’t trust the other and an eye was kept locked firmly on the other at all times.

That was basically the story throughout the match as both Triple H and Bret Hart did their best to cause some friction in the BOD camp. Triple H even went as far as purposely trying to push Kane into The Undertaker at ringside and blame Kane, but that just got him a big time ass whooping by The Lord of Darkness. It seemed that whatever DX tried to do, even with Michaels mind games and even with the crowd on the edge of their seats anticipating a turn, The Brother’s of Destruction just weren’t going to let Michaels win that easily.

During the match there were plenty of chances of a turn from either brother and each one had the crowd expecting it more, but it seemed to just make them more focused on battering Triple H and Bret Hart. The Undertaker finally put an end to their misery hitting a tombstone on Triple H.

Winners: Brother’s of Destruction

Match Rating: A

The Undertaker stared straight across the ring at Kane who was standing at ringside. The fans sensed it, it had been built all night and now it was happening. The crowd suddenly became electric as Undertaker finally moved to usher Kane into the ring with his right hand.

Ross: Bah gawd its happening! Undertaker wants Kane in the ring right now.

Lawler: Michaels was right, JR. What a plan!

Kane forced his colossal frame over the top rope and slowly began to approach The Undertaker who continued to stare at Kane, not even stopping to blink once. Finally after what seemed like an eternity Kane reached fighting distance of The Undertaker greeting him with a cold, dark stare as Undertaker did the same. Undertaker rapidly moved his arm backwards, his hand clenched. Kane did the same ready for battle. Undertaker moved his gaze to the crowd and then back at Kane before slowly moving his hand forward past his stomach, only inches from his brother. Kane stepped backwards and panting heavily slapped hands with his brother. They were still allies! Still The Brothers of Destruction. At least for now, anyway…

Raw Rating: B+

Nitro Rating: B

Raw TV Rating: 9.68

Nitro TV Rating: 10.52

WWF Raw is War Preview

http://i50.tinypic.com/fu5b0p.jpg

Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz

Big Show vs. Ahmed Johnson

Jerry Lynn vs. Goldust w. 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes

Great Sasuke and Taka Michinoku vs. 'The Human Showcase' Sean Waltman and Chavo Guerrero w. Blue Panther

‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair vs. Lance Storm w. 'The Anvil' Jim Niedhart

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock vs. ‘Psycho’ Sid Vicious

The Brother’s of Destruction and ‘The Innovator of Offense’ Chris Kanyon vs. ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels, Triple H and ‘The Man Beast’ Rhino w. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart

Great Sasuke and Taka Michinoku vs. 'The Human Showcase' Sean Waltman and Chavo Guerrero w. Blue Panther

The Brother’s of Destruction and ‘The Innovator of Offense’ Chris Kanyon vs. ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels, Triple H and ‘The Man Beast’ Rhino w. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart

E&C win via cheating in order to continue this one.

Squash

Goldust seems to have more going on right now.

Waltman gets a win here and possibly earns a title shot in a procress.

Too early for Storm to go over Flair

Shamrock has a feud going on while Sid doesn´t though I could see Angle interfering and costing Shamrock this one.

With Brothers and Kanyon winning in last show I think that this is DX´s time to get the win.

Winner: Edge and Christian- You've got Matt and Jeff Hardy,Alpha and Omega. Then you got Edge and Christian..... I think it'll be better seeing Tajiri and Funaki wrestle then seeing Jeff and Matt win. Plus, you hyped Edge and Christian up so much why not let them win?

Winner:Big Show- No contest.

Winner: Jerry Lynn- It seems to me like good ol' American Dream himself is dealing with an American Nightmare and.... I truly like " The New F'n Show" Jerry Lynn.

Winner: 'The Human Showcase' Sean Waltman and Chavo Guerrero- As much as I like the team of Great Sasuke and Taka..... It would be a pity to have the worlds biggest upset in Waltman lose with his nickname and his tag partner aswell as even his manager... or there manager.

Winner: 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair- Nice little win here for Flair heading into his match against The Show.

Winner: 'Psycho' Sid Vicious: Kind of a toss-up here. I like Shamrock and his rough and tough attitude, but this is the Millenium man himself... he just can't lose can he?

Winner:'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels,Triple H and "The Man Beast' Rhino- Kane and Undertaker are bound to explode on each other, Michaels takes advantage and wins for his team.

Archived