TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

i would love to see smaller promotions get young talent through a wrestling school. and then you could work on their development and bring them into your company, but have it as an option so if you do start it you would have to manage the finance from it as well: tuition, training ring, trainers, etc. then your school could get more popular by some of you students making it big.

I'm also totally behind this suggestion.

I'm really impressed with the new features that have been announced. I must say that the drag and drop still remains my favorite for now with user preferences just behind. I'll probably turn off time limit on negotiations if it is as I foresee it. I had difficulties with contracts in TEW08 and it'll really help me. :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like we have a budding theme going here where I'm concerned. Last two features are both pretty meh at first glance to me. But both seem to steps toward making my life easier when compiling my storyline library. I can see why other folks would be happy about these already and I'm happy for them. But for me these are mood levellers. Maybe tomorrow's will be the next really cool feature.

The changing skins will be awesome.

I am going to be brutally honest, I never liked the original skin, I feel the shade of Blue used is very painful on the eyes, and the marble-esque texture really annoyed me, I appreciate all the time gone into it but it was not for me.

Then I tried the Grunge Pack, Now I have to have LCD brightness on my screen very low, so I couldn't read all the buttons that well. Again it was very well laid out and very detailed and visually interesting but I had clicked the wrong button for the last time, I had to try another skin.

The the Grey and Gold pack came along, and I fell in love. The more user friendly look made me play TEW a couple of hours extra a day then I used to, for me how it is presented is important.

Lot's of other skins I have seen looked good, but I never installed them because of the time it took to do the other installations. With this I could have tried the other skins, which could have improved my gaming experience even more.

#13: Easy Skin

Oh my.. .. I feel somewhat stupid now. :o Ehh. Thanks Adam, just the thing I was hoping for. The reply on the thread was a nice trap and I totally fell for it.

When I read the new feature I was actually happy for you because I saw your thread about the screens and how he wouldn't give any details, obviously because of the new feature. I'm a big fan of the screens you've made for past TEW games. Excited to see what you'll come up with for '10. :)

Seems like Monday and Friday should be the exciting possibly game altering announcements and Tue-Thur the functional kind of meh(but actually really cool) announcements.

I honestly could never get a good game going in 08, so I'm really excited about 2010. Hopefully enough retirements/deaths/new workers/new companies will have appeared that the CVerse will seem new and special to me again.

I have to say that I total agree with The Masked Orange. The default skins is okay, but rather simple and neutral. I've never bothered to change it though, because I just didn't want to go through the process of swapping everything out.

One thing I've noticed about these new features, is a lot seemed to be aimed at the present community (not that it isn't obvious why). But I was just wondering what could be on the horizon that expands the game and makes it easier for new people to get into it. I'm willing to bet that at least one of the unmentioned things that can be changed in the user preferences is going to be something that is truly new.

If the last two years are anything to go on Greydog seem to enjoy throwing alot of bright blue on the screen while I think if the popularity of the alternative skins shows alot of people prefer a sharper, darker background. Hopefully this year they might try that for the default skin.

If the last two years are anything to go on Greydog seem to enjoy throwing alot of bright blue on the screen while I think if the popularity of the alternative skins shows alot of people prefer a sharper, darker background. Hopefully this year they might try that for the default skin.

I honestly liked the color scheme of last years, and I think alot more people did then some think. Obviously the ones that "don't" are going to be the one's posting moreso then people that were content.

One thing I like about total mod-able screens, is that some people have color problems (color blind, or almost blind, etc), and folks being able to make them "Black and White" screens as well as those that prefer "darker" or more mild, or less bold, etc... This gives alot of flexibility to the game, and lets' everyone have a chance to have their own preference.

Point of my post: Even if I hate the color scheme, there is nothing to complain about as I can either make my own, or ask someone to make them for me "here". I have never seen a problem with them.

Dont know if I should be asking this here, however; wouldnt the "Hiring Rules" conflict with the "National Trends"? At least in terms of long running games?

How is a promotion supposed to evolve to follow the new trends if they are stuck with roster rules that may not necessarily compliment the new trends? Also while Im thinking of it, in user controlled promotions will owner goals ever change midstream to accomodate trend changes in the wrestling world?

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place and or already been covered.

~PrheaK

Dont know if I should be asking this here, however; wouldnt the "Hiring Rules" conflict with the "National Trends"? At least in terms of long running games?

How is a promotion supposed to evolve to follow the new trends if they are stuck with roster rules that may not necessarily compliment the new trends? Also while Im thinking of it, in user controlled promotions will owner goals ever change midstream to accomodate trend changes in the wrestling world?

~PrheaK

I was wondering the same thing and thought they'll probably evolve as game environment changes. At least I hope so...

~PrheaK

Either the hiring rules evolve along with, or you are out of luck and have to make do the best you can using unfashionable workers.

Archived