The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Felt intentional whilst also adding in the fact Orton's shoulders were technically up. Could make for him losing his mind about it and turning heel for a summer feud with Cody.

4 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

I'll give Nia some credit, she's much better than she was last time. I'm not saying she's close to a Seth Rollins or whoever, but she's improved.

Very low bar to clear. Anything she can do gets done much better by people like Piper Niven or Nyla Rose.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Very low bar to clear. Anything she can do gets done much better by people like Piper Niven or Nyla Rose.

Nyla doesn't really count since she's not in WWE. If Nia can do what she does without hurting her opponents, I'm OK with them pushing her - as if they were waiting for my go ahead, but still.

As for Liv winning - what are we thinking happens between now and when Ripley comes back? Pretty certain we get Dom's betrayal to align himself with Liv. But what happens to Judgment Day? Will Liv be the "leader" taking over Rhea's role? Or is this the break up with Finn and JD adding some people, Priest going his way, and Liv and Dom going off on their own?

Edited by CQI13
  • Like 1

The show definitely felt predictable, but not a bad thing when most stuff felt logical story telling wise. Dom and Liv could be a lot of fun honestly. Liv has bored me character wise for awhile. Love her ring work and real life persona, but her character needs a shake up.

I think Jade and Bianca are miscast as faces in my opinion. I love the female empowerment aspect of Bianca and Jade as faces, but both are just naturally cocky people. I guess at least Jade isn't saying "I'm that bitch" anymore. 

• Like 3

I remember the first time I saw Bianca during the Mae Young tournament. Being all cocky and just whipping the bejesus out of people with her hair, I thought, "This kid is MONEY". And then they've insisted on pushing her as a babyface all this time. And she's kind of bland at it, especially during promos.

• Like 2

For you and I to agree about something...unusual. Having that opinion rendered me quite a few downvotes on Reddit, so unfortunately the general audience doesn't agree with us...I just want to see her as a heel again...

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 3:24 AM, Matt_Black said:

Triple H: Not only am I going to give an Undisputed Title shot on a PLE to one of the most loathsome people we've ever hired, I'm going to have him say the word "crevice" on television!

Hi Matt! You just don't like Logan Paul because of his IRL persona, or you don't like him as a pro wrestler? 

5 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Hi Matt! You just don't like Logan Paul because of his IRL persona, or you don't like him as a pro wrestler? 

I can't actually speak to the latter, as most of his wrestling has occurred on PLEs, and I refuse to give Comcast anymore money.

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

I can't actually speak to the latter, as most of his wrestling has occurred on PLEs, and I refuse to give Comcast anymore money.

Guess that meant you just don't like him IRL lol well, I don't dare to pass judgment on that, I would have been interested in your point of view if you didn't appreciate him for his work as a wrestler ;) 

Logan is a natural performer and it seems like he's matured a bit outside of wrestling. Every worker has praised him for his dedication to pro wrestling. Most celebrities barely show interest, yet he's constantly improving. 

Still don't like his real life persona, but as a pro wrestler, dude is very talented.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ethan Page debuted in NXT attacking Trick Williams, and the announce team clearly calling out his AEW stint. 

And TNA KO champion Jordynne Grace vs Roxanne at Battleground? That was pretty sweet when she came out.

Edited by CQI13
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dawn said:

Surely you understand what an attraction is in wrestling?

Yes. People you want to pay to see. Logan Paul is the opposite of that. I'm half-tempted to start a Kickstarter to raise money to buy out his contract and make him stay at home so no one ever has to see him or that stupid bottle ever again.

5 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Yes. People you want to pay to see. Logan Paul is the opposite of that. I'm half-tempted to start a Kickstarter to raise money to buy out his contract and make him stay at home so no one ever has to see him or that stupid bottle ever again.

False consensus much? 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

If he were really dedicated, he'd wrestle on TV and at house shows.

Again with this anti-part timer narration lol

He's a major celebrity with a 15mil contract over three years, outside interests, and more. "But hey! he doesn't wrestle house show on Binghamton, NY so he's not dedicated!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Again with this anti-part timer narration lol

He's a major celebrity with a 15mil contract over three years, outside interests, and more. "But hey! he doesn't wrestle house show on Binghamton, NY so he's not dedicated!!"

A major celebrity I had never heard of prior to him showing up on WWE TV. It's like how AEW signed Paige VanZant, and I learned she had been on Dancing With The Stars, and I said, "I thought that show was for famous people...?"

Logan Paul is ABSOLUTELY one of the more famous people on earth today. It would be like me, a person who never found Kevin Hart any funny, telling you that he's not famous either. Zero fact to your statement, all subjective.

• Like 4