The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

To an extent. WCW didn't try to create stars and instead relied on the bigger names. You can rely on your bigger names to draw, but you also need to build up people over time on the lower parts of the card so they can eventually move their way up.

If I debuted on RAW next week, would you expect me to beat Cena/HHH/HBK within a month/few months?

You are technically right, WCW didn't try to create stars (although, to be fair, it did give big pushes to the likes of Giant and Goldberg, but you kinda couldn't miss with them), but the talent tried hard to be considered stars. Frankly, I was watching their shows more for the first hour and a half than anything else.

He was good, but relatively quiet. We were all givin him a ton of ****, he's far and away the most famous guy in the room but he's playin at the $1/$2 tables with us. He was cool about it though, laughin with us about it saying, "Hey- we're in a reccession!" He was nice enough to stop and take pictures with a couple of people before he joined our table, too. Looked like he just wanted to hang out with some regular people, he didn't even really have an entourage, which is quite different from the MMA fighters you'll run into there.

According to PWInsider.com, Chris Jericho and Gregory "Hurricane" Helms were arrested this morning in Kenton County, KY around 5 AM this morning by the Erlanger (KY) Police Department. Jericho and Helms were both charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place. Each of them were bonded out in a little more than an hour. Kenton County is close to Cincinnati, OH, where WWE taped Smackdown last night.

One person with knowledge of the jurisdiction sent word that they will probably be given a 50 dollar fine and it could have been a situation as innocent as an officer smelling alcohol on their breath.

From what I've seen the report is that Helms was hanging out with Irvine (Jericho), some female and maybe one other person. He freaked out at a gas station, hit the girl, hit Jericho and then feld the scene.

He's also been pulled as their Superstar of the Day as well as pulled from the Rumble. He's had a Wellness violation as well as some other things he joked a while back that if he got released he'd start of a promotion called FEW (Future Endeavors Wrestling) he may get that chance.

Actually, I heard Helms struck an unknown male, but did not strike the unknown female. Hardy was also supposedly in the taxi cab with them, and when Helms ran out of the taxi, Hardy ran after him to supposedly convince to go back to the scene. However, Hardy himself did not return to the scene.

That must be a big or crowded cab though, full of people that might have been drunk.

Let's see...

Taxi Cab Driver

Chris Jericho

Gregory Helms

Matt Hardy

Unknown Male

Unknown Female

Actually, I heard Helms struck an unknown male, but did not strike the unknown female. Hardy was also supposedly in the taxi cab with them, and when Helms ran out of the taxi, Hardy ran after him to supposedly convince to go back to the scene. However, Hardy himself did not return to the scene.

That must be a big or crowded cab though, full of people that might have been drunk.

Let's see...

Taxi Cab Driver

Chris Jericho

Gregory Helms

Matt Hardy

Unknown Male

Unknown Female

Um, you do realize that many cities have minivans and SUVs operating as taxis, yes? None of those men (besides the two unknowns and the the driver) are particularly large, after all.

Smackdown is the only some what good thing about WWE right good matches good segments and good talent 100% better than Raw IMO I mean who wants to watch a midget fight Napolin Dynamight? I mean it's almost like I'm watching that old MTV cartoon wrestling from back in the day.

Smackdown is the only some what good thing about WWE right good matches good segments and good talent 100% better than Raw IMO I mean who wants to watch a midget fight Napolin Dynamight? I mean it's almost like I'm watching that old MTV cartoon wrestling from back in the day.

John Heder was f'n excellent as a host. He played a great character and was one of the few hosts wo actually added something to the show. He was a legit heel and got legit heel heat

I mean...when he referenced Lane Kiffin obliviously ...awesome.

John Heder was f'n excellent as a host. He played a great character and was one of the few hosts wo actually added something to the show. He was a legit heel and got legit heel heat

I mean...when he referenced Lane Kiffin obliviously ...awesome.

Agreed, and I thought Don Johnson did pretty well too. Up there on the list of top hosts.

Could have seriously done without the main event, but y'know..

Smackdown is the only some what good thing about WWE right good matches good segments and good talent 100% better than Raw IMO

I wonder about this statement every show they keep dragging out the Piggy James segments. No, she isn't a size 0 so OMG SHE MUST BE FAT. I think its just a shame that they parade around a perfectly fine sized woman as fat, which could have some influence in effecting some younger girls in the crowd.

Watch ECW. Last show they had around 40 minutes of wrestling in 2 matches total. Very good matches too. Everything is very simple, but it all works very well too. The Yoshi/Goldust/Christian "team" is probably the most compelling, simply because of how they've treated it on the whole. And the Yoshi/Christian match was a great 20/25 minute main event.

I wonder about this statement every show they keep dragging out the Piggy James segments. No, she isn't a size 0 so OMG SHE MUST BE FAT. I think its just a shame that they parade around a perfectly fine sized woman as fat, which could have some influence in effecting some younger girls in the crowd.

This

It's resulted in the best divas storyline in a long time and the most people have cared about it as well, probably since Mickie's debut and her crazy fan gimmick in pursuit of trish. So personally I think it's a good thing xD

Watch ECW. Last show they had around 40 minutes of wrestling in 2 matches total. Very good matches too. Everything is very simple, but it all works very well too. The Yoshi/Goldust/Christian "team" is probably the most compelling, simply because of how they've treated it on the whole. And the Yoshi/Christian match was a great 20/25 minute main event.

Alright I'll give ECW a shot I havnt watch that for about four months ill try it out

Agree with Shape. Is it distasteful? Yes. It's two/three women ganging up on another and bullying her because of her supposed weight problem.

However, Mickie James probably does weigh in towards the top end of the scale of the Divas - and it's already been noted that Beth is bigger than (WWE) average, too.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Mickie, hanging around Eve Torres, Maria, Layla etc. could develop a complex about her weight. An enemy may then exploit that complex to distract her ahead of an upcoming match.

Eating disorders and body image disorders have been caused by far fewer things, and if the WWE writers deserve a slapping for allowing McCool to sing/writing some awful segments, then equally they deserve a pat on the back if this ends up going somewhere positive. Mickie promoting a healthy, balanced lifestyle? Berating McCool and Layla for promoting size zero etc? That's fine.

As much as I don't want to see the storyline brushed aside after the Rumble without a decent resolution, however, I really don't want to see 'Mickie goes to Anorexics Anonymous' segments between here and Mania. It's probably too much to hope for, but who knows? The lesbian stalker thing turned out decent (by wrestling standards) so who's to say that this can't end up somewhere heartwarming - or, at least, logical and coherent?