The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

He's better than King.

And I think there's amazing potential if Rey loses to Punk. He almost certainly won't, of course, but a heel's gotta win somewhere (well, Edge might lose) and Rey being forced into the SES would be awesome for a while, keep him relevant.

Edge will win. Seen him advertised as taking on Drew McIntyres on the Wrestlemania revenge tour, in Scotland, they may as well have said it was for the title:rolleyes:. I'd be extremely surprised if he lost.

And the year before. :p

Adverts don't mean jack tbh, especially when PPV plans can change at the very last minute. The adverts will often be modified to fit what's going on at the current time. This said, Edge's gaining a lot of momentum so I'd be putting my money on him but at the same time I wouldn't rule out a title defense.

Always seems to happen me:p. Anyway when is the last time a face rumble winner lost?

And the year before. :p

Adverts don't mean jack tbh, especially when PPV plans can change at the very last minute. The adverts will often be modified to fit what's going on at the current time. This said, Edge's gaining a lot of momentum so I'd be putting my money on him but at the same time I wouldn't rule out a title defense.

xD Cena.

Nobody else a little bothered that Taker squashed both McIntyre and 2/3 of the tag team division in 2 weeks time? I know he is taker and its wrestlemania season but 4 guys not getting a single punch in and your hot prospect intercontinatal champ just getting one move? I think they devaluad those guys more then that it helped Taker.

Nobody else a little bothered that Taker squashed both McIntyre and 2/3 of the tag team division in 2 weeks time? I know he is taker and its wrestlemania season but 4 guys not getting a single punch in and your hot prospect intercontinatal champ just getting one move? I think they devaluad those guys more then that it helped Taker.

I'm bothered six ways from Sunday, but I just figured that was business as usual for WWE nowadays. Both of those things, believe it or not, actually lessened my interest in the HBK - Taker rematch, just for the record.

I am I feel they're demphasizing Tag Teams and the lengths that they have to be together as Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme have been teaming together for years and both get defeated that teamed together once before their match? McIntyre hasn't been doing anything I mean the guy beats a jobber to get in money in the bank for Christ sakes?

McIntyre's push seems to have been a tremendous failure. The crowd don't care about him at all.

And Undertaker squashing the tag division... man, at least it gets them some screen time. This ain't AJPW, tag teams are just a crutch to get guys over or maybe to foreshadow a big singles match. Dedicated tag teams are never going to amount to anything and they're not going to be (too) hurt by it.

McIntyre's push seems to have been a tremendous failure. The crowd don't care about him at all.

And Undertaker squashing the tag division... man, at least it gets them some screen time. This ain't AJPW, tag teams are just a crutch to get guys over or maybe to foreshadow a big singles match. Dedicated tag teams are never going to amount to anything and they're not going to be (too) hurt by it.

You mean dedicated tag teams are not going to ever amount to anything in the current wwe. I know the e treats their tag team division like dirt but this was even moreso. Seems they have given up on McIntyre as well then. I know he wasn't really getting over but neither was/is Sheamus and they are still pushing him.

I love McIntyre's music. That alone is enough to make me sad that his win streak has come to an end.

Especially with that parchment video opening? And the guy is genuinely nice, which just makes it all the better. I dug the idea of him going off after losing to Kane and Hardy is surprise moments. Like the loss of the streak had loosened his grip on reality, maybe making him a more vicious wrestler.

But the loss to `taker doesn't enhance that in any way. Seems to detract it. The others I could live with, `cause they were flukish. This one was just a decimation of a cool character, I thought.

I skipped the Cena/Batista promo as I didn't ant to see those 2 for 20 odd minutes but the rest was flat and boring as hell imho. Didn't make me more excited to see Wrestlemania at all.

Though the HBK promo was really good at the start... up until Pete Rose. The Cena/Batista promo was quite good as well. I'm not a fan of Batista, but he works so much better as a heel and he's been cutting of the best promos I've ever seen from him in this feud.