Husky Harris(Windham Rotunda) with Cody Rhodes

Eli Cottonwood with John Morrison

Percy Watson with M.V.P.

Titus O'Neil with Zack Ryder

Kaval with Lay-Cool (LOL) :D

Lucky Cannon (Johnny Prime) with Mark Henry

Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig) with Kofi Kingston

Alex Riley with The Miz

On one hand, they did move from uppercard or respected workers to mostly new midcarders...

On the other hand, they picked my favorite midcarders! Cody Rhodes, John Morrison, Kofi, and the Miz all on a D show? What more could I ask for? viewer participation?

well season 2 might be more interesting because its less talented... if that makes sense.

I mean this season they used up a good handful of their "A" prospects like Danielson, Barrett, Otunga, Gabriel, & Slater.

This year its a lot more even. I mean Riley, Hennig, & Kaval are obviously going to stand up front as the more talented guys, especially Hennig and Kaval, but outside of thats its pretty open and guys may surpise. Cottonwood is huge, that might be enough. Husky Harris has a unique look compared to WWE and may get support.

I think we can all agree though that, despite having one of the best names of all times, Lucky Cannon might need more then a rabbits foot to win this one. I say go hire his brother. Dusty Bottoms.

EDIT:

I just cant wait for the WWE universe to react the first time Kaval kicks someones head off. I think that alone has him a shoe-in to win. Imagine a Kaval, winner of season 2, vs the guy who COULDNT win season 1, Daniel Bryan, in the WWE.

EDIT 2:

And Ki being trained by Lay-Cool is genius. As is/was Miz & Bryan. Clearly they dont need the training, its not like anyone is going to believe, even the casual 9-year-old WWE fan, that after watching 1 Kaval match Lay-Cool can teach him a thing. However they will give him a good rub and help emphasize how good he is that he "doesnt need help." Lay-Cool trying to teach him stupid dances, saying he's worthless, then GHETTO STOMP!!!!!!

LAYCOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! WhAT THE BLUE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok rant over.........

I am a giant GIANT low ki mark. That guy is such a unique talent.........but wow. I felt almost the same when danial was givin the miz but atleast he has improved in the last few month. One of the most unique talents are givin two people who have no place in the ring. FACE PALM!

From reading these posts, I take it there's gonna be a second season on NXT after all...

Hmmm.... LayCool as Kaval's pros. Interesting. But I'm all for it. It's about time Low-Ki awakened the sleeping diva that lived within him!!!!

I kid.

Could be good for some comedy, I think.

Maybe.

:)

It was funny how all the Pros were arguing that any one of them could have won the competition as well if they'd had Wade Barrett, because Jericho is actually a huge reason why I was entertained by Barrett.

I almost wish they HADN'T included Kaval in the next season. Without him, I'd surely be skipping the show, but now I feel compelled to watch it. I watched this season pretty much only for Danielson, and found it pretty brutal until the last few weeks--ironically, AFTER Bryan was eliminated, since he's become far more interesting since then.

My thoughts...

First off, who the eff thinks of the names? Husky Harris? What is this? 1960's wrasslin?

Also, LayCool need to be fired already. They're just so, so, so bad with that gimmick. It doesn't work with what they're doing. There's a difference between being the "stuck up popular girls" and, just using a fake high pitched voice, and crappy 80's slang.

My thoughts...

First off, who the eff thinks of the names? Husky Harris? What is this? 1960's wrasslin?

Also, LayCool need to be fired already. They're just so, so, so bad with that gimmick. It doesn't work with what they're doing. There's a difference between being the "stuck up popular girls" and, just using a fake high pitched voice, and crappy 80's slang.

I always thought they were a (surprisingly cheap) rip-off of The Beautiful People, but that's just me.

And yes... the names they've given these guys are rather goofy. I almost expect to see a Masked Marvel in there next season, (perhaps Christopher Daniels' big WWE opportunity).

:D

I always thought they were a (surprisingly cheap) rip-off of The Beautiful People, but that's just me.

And yes... the names they've given these guys are rather goofy. I almost expect to see a Masked Marvel in there next season, (perhaps Christopher Daniels' big WWE opportunity).

WTF does McTaker have with TNA???? First the angels wings, then the styles clash, then the bad beautiful people rip off and now kaval??? I so hope he calls her on that. I suppose it is a way of getting heel heat with the smarks but for me it is go away, rot and fail in life heat. AKA Bubba heat.

I agree, and see it as a take off on the Beautiful People, just done with high school script writing chops.

Also, with the names. Why do they constantly change some of them? I get if it's a gimmick change.. but, hasn't Joe Hennig been Joe Hennig the whole time? McGillicutty? Really? Like it was mentioned earlier, why even bother saying Curt was his dad?

I agree, and see it as a take off on the Beautiful People, just done with high school script writing chops.

Also, with the names. Why do they constantly change some of them? I get if it's a gimmick change.. but, hasn't Joe Hennig been Joe Hennig the whole time? McGillicutty? Really? Like it was mentioned earlier, why even bother saying Curt was his dad?

Copyright reason's. But then they could have gone with Michael Henning or Perfect Jr. and it would result in the same and be a lot less lame.

And no I am not harping on McTaker and Kaval because it is an odd couple and thus lame etc given the WWE the reaction it wants. Kinda like a cheaper and worse version of Miz and Bryan.

It is because it is a lot, lot, lot weaker version then that and I do not see it helping Kaval's career at all.

Just checked out the rookies/pro's, and despite having totally given up on NXT a few weeks ago, I'm pretty psyched. Kaval & Lay-Cool isn't naturally quite as easy a story as Bryan/Miz, but it could be pretty cool. I enjoy Layla, so the more I see of her the better.

Similarly Zack Ryder getting a rookie rocks in my book. Woo Woo Woo. You Know It. Alex Riley looks like a decent pairing for The Miz, perhaps an 'anti-Danielson' who will listen to his pro's instructions. More John Morrison is always good in my book, and I've turned around on Cody recently. He's a better worker than I gave him credit for, hopefully this is a chance to show some personality.

Which is true of a lot of these guys. The pro's in season 1 were charismatic guys. Christian. Punk. Miz. Regal. Jericho. Truth. This season you've got a few of those, but mostly folks who haven't developed or shown a great deal of personality. This is a chance for them as well as their rookies'.

I'm 87& sure it'll disappoint me, but I'm psyched in spite of myself.

EDIT: To those people complaining about Kaval/Lay-Cool... You know it's fake, right? They're not actually being mentored by these people. Just like Miz/Bryan, it's a storyline, and if I were going into NXT I'd rather have an interesting storyline to walk into than be paired with John Morrison or Cody Rhodes.

I guess i can look at it as the same thing they tryed to do with danial.....everyone knows he is going to make it to the "main roster" just like kavel.....evryone knows who the star of that show is going to be. I was a little disapointed when he was not on the "first season" but who he would have had to share the spotlight with danial........and i will admit the wwe has done a great job of building him. I hope they just get ride of kaval early like they did with him but keep him an important part of the show. Because it was when he was cut from the show when he got good.

I guess i can look at it as the same thing they tryed to do with danial.....everyone knows he is going to make it to the "main roster" just like kavel.....evryone knows who the star of that show is going to be. I was a little disapointed when he was not on the "first season" but who he would have had to share the spotlight with danial........and i will admit the wwe has done a great job of building him. I hope they just get ride of kaval early like they did with him but keep him an important part of the show. Because it was when he was cut from the show when he got good.

Funny. It was when he got cut from the show that I just stopped watching. I've barely watched any wrestling since he and Skip Sheffield got cut. I pretty much lost faith in WWE as storytellers at that moment. I guess I've spited myself out of some good stuff.

Digging the introduction video's on WWE.com. Percy Watson is fabulously ridiculous. Not exactly 'break out star' but looks like someone who'll entertain me for a few Tuesday nights.

I guess I've spited myself out of some good stuff.

You know, that doesn't have to be the case. WWE NXT episodes are available on Hulu.com, if you ever wanted to catch up. SmackDown! and Superstars as well, (I'm pretty sure).

No such luck for Raw and/or Impact though, near as I can tell.

Just mentioning this for the record.

:)