The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

how much money do you wanna bet that this wouldnt have happend if triple h, john cena or randy orton had choked that crappy anouncer

Of course it wouldn't. There is a huge difference between those guys and Danielson. If Danielson had done this in a year or two, when he would have been established at or near the top of the card, he wouldn't have been fired either.

I can't help but think, if it is to do with the PG image, etc, then why exactly is it a problem?

My understanding is that RAW is shown after the watershed, so the kids shouldn't be watching at that time anyway, and if they are then it is the parents responsibility rather than the TV network/show. They can then edit it out of any replays (as they have done) which the kids then watch.

I dunno. I can't really compare.

Can we have Danielson crap in a diva's handbag so we can find out the rough comparison?

I don't remember who the chick was, but she went on record to say that it was only baby oil and other lotions she already had in the bag - he just dumped it all in. I guess he apologized to her about it too. Randy Orton had the personality of Jay Chord before he got married and had a kid.

Eh, probably not that many. The average WWE fan hasn't seen enough of the guy to be very upset with his firing.

Oh, one can dream...

Michael Cole: As of friday, Daniel Bryan has been released from the WWE for his part in the VINTAGE assault on John Cena!

Crowd: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o291/Aidanbro111/nxtshockedrawfans.gif

Oh, one can dream...

Michael Cole: As of friday, Daniel Bryan has been released from the WWE for his part in the VINTAGE assault on John Cena!

Crowd: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o291/Aidanbro111/nxtshockedrawfans.gif

i bet that bitch is the outside source that complained

i really dont think wwe writers have the intelligence to put this kinda thing together

And just think, this from a company that gave us Katie Vick, people being set on fire, someone being runover, and many more similar angles...

...and the company that gave us the HBK/Undertaker fued, the Triple H/Randy Orton buildup to Wrestlemania, the Edge/Matt Hardy fued(this is the important one, remember how many people thought Hardy attacking Edge was a shoot)...you name me 5 bad angles/storylines, and I'll give you 50 good to great ones. The idea that the WWE writers somehow aren't the best in the world at what they do(seriously, just watch TNA if you think WWE writers are bad), or are suddenly incapable of brilliance, is ridiculous.

I am still willing to bet money that it is a work...........he is not going to show up on raw......or anything till bennet takes on cena for the title.

Yep. They're putting so much work into making people buy it(even letting Bryan do indy bookings, as of the latest reports), it's setting up for a huge return. I've yet to see even the slightest hint of evidence that this is legit.

One of the biggest reasons I still think this could be a work is the recent change where they now have their guys remain "in character" on Twitter. To me, that suggests an effort to maintain kayfabe even on the Net, something they never seemed to be concerned with before. I've read Meltzer say it wouldn't make sense for this to be a work, since they'd be "working" the higher ups in the company as well...but who says they aren't in on it?

One of the biggest reasons I still think this could be a work is the recent change where they now have their guys remain "in character" on Twitter. To me, that suggests an effort to maintain kayfabe even on the Net, something they never seemed to be concerned with before. I've read Meltzer say it wouldn't make sense for this to be a work, since they'd be "working" the higher ups in the company as well...but who says they aren't in on it?

I agree. Every time I read this argument it just doesn't make sense to me. Regardless of whether this is a work or not (I've change my mind about 16 times), what possible difference does it make if the 'higher-ups' said they knew about it? It seems to me that if you're going to pull off a work of this magnitude, then you'd have cover all bases including anyone who might possibly be asked the question.

I agree. Every time I read this argument it just doesn't make sense to me. Regardless of whether this is a work or not (I've change my mind about 16 times), what possible difference does it make if the 'higher-ups' said they knew about it? It seems to me that if you're going to pull off a work of this magnitude, then you'd have cover all bases including anyone who might possibly be asked the question.

youv also gotta think of it from wwe's point of view he's barely been in wwe 6 months if someone needs to be a scapegoat he is a perfect choice i just hope it is a work

No it's not, because he was told by his employer to do that violent thing on TV. Thus it's his employer's fault for telling him to do it.

Really? I mean, did WWE really tell Danielson to strangle someone realistically? Or spit in someone's face? Maybe they did, but I find that extremely unlikely.

heres an idea what if suicide returns tonight at slammiversery but is actually danielson wwe would have no way of proving its him due to it being a full body suit

I'm sure WWE could get a court order find out. Not that that's going to happen.

Really? I mean, did WWE really tell Danielson to strangle someone realistically? Or spit in someone's face? Maybe they did, but I find that extremely unlikely.

I think they'll have told them to be honest, he would't go that far if he wasn't told to, he's not stupid.

That doesn't influence my view of whether it's a work as they could easily do that then fire him anyway, but still.

I'm sure WWE could get a court order find out. Not that that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure he was told to spit in Cena's face. At the very least he would have spoken to Cena about it before hand. You don't spit in a guys face unless he is aware I'd say. Cena easily could have slugged him otherwise. The choke could have been a spur of the moment thing, or he could have been told to do it.

WWE could pretty easily find out if he did play Suicide tonight.

I know this is one of my first posts, but highlight below for possible spoilers.

Despite the fact that the NXT Season 1 rookies were all portrayed as heels on Monday’s RAW during the NXT invasion, Justin Gabriel wrestled at Thursday’s FCW tapings as a babyface and did not wear his NXT black armband. David Otunga wrestled on the same show, worked as a heel and wore the black & yellow “N” armband the NXT crew wore on RAW.

Credit - Wrestling Observer Newsletter & SESCOOPS