The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

This PPV was like Money in the Bank, but the exact opposite.

The tag match was terrible.They scuttled what would have been one of the biggest (and only) pops of the night, an Air Boom win, for some stupid finish that involved Air Boom acting like heels and Awesome Truth furthering a silly gimmick.

They did nothing to move Ziggler/Swagger forward at all, let alone resolve the damn thing in any way that made sense.

They didn't even let Beth Phoenix pick up the damn win in her hometown.

They totally and inexplicably destroyed Alberto Del Rio, one of their best hopes for a future star. Almost overnight they turned him from a bad ass fighting champion to a total weasel who couldn't win a single clean match. Cena got the better of him in the entrance, in the intro, and in the match, giving ADR nothing except one of the worst title reigns in WWE history.

And then they did the whole thing with HHH and Punk, further making sure CM Punk doesn't succeed in doing the WWE's work for them and turning himself into a bona fide superstar.

I am blown away by how terrible that was. I didn't have high expectations, but even I wouldn't have thought it would have went like this.

I agree witn you except on Ziggler/Swagger. I can very well see it getting physical at Raw and evolving.

I've got two issues with this feud.

1) It's not going anywhere. It's literally been a month of the exact same thing. Ziggler and Swagger get in each other's way somehow. Ok, let's go somewhere with that. But instead they just keep getting in each other's way. One show they had two segments spinning those same wheels in place.

2) They can't do a heel/heel feud, so one guy has to turn, but both guys have been acting like complete twits, so neither is really prepared to turn. Where can they go with this?

Lets put it this way.

The tag match served its purpose, and for what it was it was a great match.

The Intercontential title match could of gone either way, I expect to see the title on Dibiase within three months.

The US Title match again, served its purpose, and it was a great match either way to me.

Mark Henry becoming the World Champion was great, and it made him look really strong. 6 months ago Mark Henry was a joke, and a footnote for everybody else. These past 6 months they have given him on hell of a push, and the ending to that match was perfect.

The Diva's match is the one part of that show that genuinely pissed me off. Beth should of won. I imagine she might win tomorrow on Raw.

The WWE Championship match, while predictable is going to allow Alberto Del Rio to win the title when they go to Mexico later this year.

The final match was overbooked yes, but to a point of genius. It started out great, and Triple H and CM Punk had their 20 minutes to get in each other faces and tear it apart. The Miz and R-Truth coming out ties back into that first match, and the storyline between these two anyway with the conspiracy theory. Scott Armstrong punching The Miz was one of my favorite moments of the night. Anyway... so the refs out and Johnny Ace comes out to restore order, as Triple H and CM Punk get up and unite against Miz and Truth, Triple H hits the pedigree on CM Punk and the referee comes running out... but wait Johnny Ace tells him to check on Armstrong. CM Punk hits the GTS, and Ace sends the ref in... the match goes on, and suddenly we see Ace text Nash, who came out and attacked both men. Triple H ends up winning, to continue the storyline, and still have Triple H AND CM Punk face. Say what you will but i'll go with what Paul Heyman said on twitter.

HeymanHustle Paul Heyman on Twitter

I thought @CMPunk and HHH (and all the others involved) put on one helluva show. It took 3 Pedigrees and a Jack Knife to beat Punk.

I know a lot of people are pissed @CMPunk got pinned, but if you're going to get beat, isn't that the way to do it?

Superb show from my point of view and the third or fourth best ppv in terms of ppv's this year.

Don't know about anyone else, but I love the idea of Mark Henry as World Champion. I realize he's not the greatest "entertainer" or wrestler out there, but as an unstoppable monster heel, he's great. I've always been a fan of a monster champion.

I thought Henry totally crushed his post-match promo. I was very impressed. Best part of the night.

Don't know about anyone else, but I love the idea of Mark Henry as World Champion. I realize he's not the greatest "entertainer" or wrestler out there, but as an unstoppable monster heel, he's great. I've always been a fan of a monster champion.

I hate it. I think they did a very good job building him up the past few months, but I'd have much rather seen a fresh face in the role. I just don't care about Mark Henry.

ADR losing to Cena is just terrible. HHH beating Punk doesn't bother me. He pretty much had to win that match to move the story forward.

Great PPV... I was honestly thinking Punk was going to pull it off there for a while, lol. I had all kinds of crazy storylines going through my head for it too... The NEW COO "The ROCK!" Sounded good to me at the time, while watching the match.

Glad to see Mark Henry finally get his dues, well deserved. Can't imagine anyone filling that roll anywhere near as well.

Hated Beth losing.

I don't get the ADR thing... trying to, but it's not working for me.

Overall, great show. I had some ups and downs, but I was overall very entertained. I even liked the ending.

So does this mean that Randy Orton was a "transitional champion" used to get the belt from 2 time champion Christian on to Mark Henry :eek:

Am I the only one who misses "Sexual Chocolate"?

Congrats to Mark Henry though

No, sir, you are not! :D

TBH, never gave Henry a chance to win since it was Randy Orton with the belt. Kudos to WWE for surprising the crap out of me this match. All of the other bouts were pretty predictable to me.

ADR losing the belt so soon might be just a short-term deal as a reaction to the low ratings for Raw, or they've given up on the guy and they picked the worst time to do right before going to Mexico. Not a good move either way.

I'll credit them with going all the way with Henry in getting a totally clean win on Orton.

You mean Nash lied on Twitter? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

I'm not totally burned on Punk losing because it did take a lot of interference to get there but at the same time, as others have said, if Miz/Truth are against Triple H, why go after Punk?

ADR losing the belt so soon might be just a short-term deal as a reaction to the low ratings for Raw, or they've given up on the guy and they picked the worst time to do right before going to Mexico. Not a good move either way.

I'll credit them with going all the way with Henry in getting a totally clean win on Orton.

You mean Nash lied on Twitter? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

I'm not totally burned on Punk losing because it did take a lot of interference to get there but at the same time, as others have said, if Miz/Truth are against Triple H, why go after Punk?

Something I was trying to figure out as well. They come out and attack them both, then put Punks arm over HHH... Then later pull punk off of HHH when he is going to get the win. Don't really get that.

Awesome Truth v Air Boom - A bit clunky at the start but some entertaining spots and the Conspiracy DQ finish made it good. Love the Miz's new head plant DDT.

Rhodes v DiBiase - "I said put the bags on!" Loving everything Rhodes does but DiBiase is still Mister Generic and probably always will be.

JoMo v Riley v Swagger v Ziggler - Fun match but a little short. Good to see Ziggler retain.

Henry v Orton - Well placed in the middle of the card. Good match for Henry. Hope he beats Orton again at HIAC.

Kelly v Beth - The crowd were into it. The result was a surprise to me. Decent for a divas match.

ADR v Cena - This match got way better after the first 10 minutes. Good but not quite as good as the Cena v Punk matches. Hope Del Rio wins the rematch at HIAC.

HHH v Punk - Pretty good semi-hardcore match for PG WWE. Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the kitchen sink ending. Was the Miz/Truth run-in a teaser for Survivor Series? Will Punk face HHH or Nash at HIAC?

Night of Champions wasn't outstanding but had a solid card all the way through with only one filler match. I expect a lot of rematches at HIAC.

Something I was trying to figure out as well. They come out and attack them both, then put Punks arm over HHH... Then later pull punk off of HHH when he is going to get the win. Don't really get that.

I believe I might actually know what that's about.

Their reasons for attacking Punk and HHH and trying to screw over HHH was because they believed him to be the figurehead of the C-O-N-spiracy that has held them down. However, after they were taken out from the ring, Truth must have seen how Johnny Ace kept the referee from coming into the ring and counting when HHH had Punk pinned with the Pedigree, only to demand that he go in and count when it was the other way around. Seeing that may have told Truth that HHH ISN'T a part of it - in fact, Ace seemed to be conspiring to have HHH forced out of power. So, now seeing HHH as just another victim of the conspiracy, Truth pulled Punk off of him to help fight against it.

This is of course just my guess, but looking at it like that, it makes some degree of sense.

I can agree that the match was pretty goddamned overbooked, but I actually didn't mind it. It all still made sense to me, atleast, and in my eyes, Punk has a plethora of excuses for losing, I don't think it made him look weak at all, especially considering he kicked out of a Pedigree by himself, whereas Triple H needed help to keep from being pinned by the GTS.

I am kind of disappointed that Cena won the title back so quickly. Just makes me wonder what the point of putting so much effort into building Del Rio up and finally giving him the title was if he was just going to lose it a month later anyway. I also feel like it kind of undercuts the Nash/Punk/HHH situation, because it seems this started because for whatever reason, Nash wanted to help Del Rio win the WWE Title. Seems like that'd mean a bit more if he still held it until the situation was resolved.

Also didn't think they made the right choice in having Phoenix lose. Was okay with it the first time, but now I don't see her getting many more rematches, so unless Natalya's going to be taking over as the lead woman of the DOD, I don't really see them going much further in their little revolution, which is a shame, 'cause I was liking that. I also thought it'd be cool to let her win it in her hometown, but eh...

Aside from those two, though, I thought it was a pretty good night. Didn't think any of the matches were bad, liked the finishes to the Fatal Four Way and Tag Match. Very surprised to see Henry pick up the win, but as it sunk in what the potential is now, to have someone finally stop him and take the title off of him, making them into a megastar, I'm liking the thought of it. I saw one guy fantasy book this as Henry winning and holding it until WrestleMania, destroying everyone in his path until Daniel Bryan challenges him and becomes the hero in taking it off of him. Would be a great way of making him champion, if they really want to go that way. Doesn't really look like that's how they want to go right now, but WrestleMania's still a good ways away, so who knows...