The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>NXT Review:<p> </p><p> Bayley vs Lynch - OK match. Too short for them to showcase their talent.</p><p> The Vaudevillians vs Lucha Loompas - A midget match is what you'd expect on Raw. The Vaudevillians made it semi-entertaining with airplane spins but a run-in from the Champs is what this feud needed to kick it into life.</p><p> Kevin Owens Promo - Echoed Balor's "Future of NXT" promo from last week but with a heelish vibe. Debut confirmed for the PPV!</p><p> Corbin vs Sampson - 22 seconds. Not his quickest win.</p><p> Bull vs Cutler - Bull got boos and "Corbin's better!" chants when he couldn't beat Corbin's squash time. I'd love to see Corbin hit his STO on Bull.</p><p> Kidd vs Parker - Solid match. Strange pairing. Were they trying to turn Kidd babyface?</p><p> Enzo & Cass vs Dawson & Wilder - OK squash match. The tag division is filling out nicely. The Ascension laid waste to both teams then cut a typically poor promo on Itami & Balor.</p><p> Closing Segment - Sami cut a heart-felt promo and called out Neville, asking for one more match. If he loses he's going to quit. Neville tried to talk him out of it but Sami got fired up and stuck to his guns. Regal made the match official for the clunkily titled NXT Takeover: Our Evolution.</p><p> </p><p> Verdict: A huge drop in quality from last week. This show was about giving as many wrestlers screen time as possible. I wish NXT were 15 minutes longer so they could pull it off better.</p><p> </p><p> Kevin Owens 1st Promo: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACQvOOyoHQ" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACQvOOyoHQ</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bailey vs Lynch was the only thing that was just weird considering that Bailey has been built as the second best wrestler of the Divas and is suddenly weak in order to build up Lynch and Sasha.</p><p> </p><p> The Vaudevillains hadn't done anything heelish since becoming a team so this let them show that they are douches. Having Mucha Lucha run them off would kill the little heat they had and having the Vaudevillains overpower them would do nothing for the champs.</p><p> </p><p> Corbin and Bull squashes are just what Taker said.</p><p> </p><p> Kidd vs Parker gave Kidd a win and set up a challenge against Finn next week.</p><p> </p><p> Enzo and Cass vs The Mechanics gave Enzo and Cass some Promo time, someone for the Ascension to beat up and moved their feud against Itami and Balor.</p><p> </p><p> It was a filler show to move things along and everything did and meant somethin. They tape 4 shows at a time IIRC so not every single one is going to be action packed. The special is going to be NXT Takeover: R Evolution. It's both a Revolution and an Evolution to the current WWE style. Things mean something, wrestlers have personalities, histories, rivalries, memories (apart from Bailey), and things move forwards without having to repeat themselves 6 times before moving to the next step.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakerNGN74" data-cite="TakerNGN74" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If my WWE Logic or in this case NXT Logic serves me correctly they formatted this show with two squash matches to build to a match between Corbin and Dempsey for Takeover Evolution. I'm fine with it as long as Corbin wins. Corbin has a great look and although I haven't seen him wrestle for more than thirty seconds he doesn't need to in a company like WWE because he has the look they want. Bull Dempsey on the other hand is boring and looks like a scumbag that I just can't get behind. I see a better upside and a brighter future for Corbin where in a few years Dempsey will probably be somewhere else that's not WWE's main roster because I doubt he will get there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Baron is a cool lone wolf biker jock and Bull is just a fat looking dude who tries to hide it by calling himself old school.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lazorbeak" data-cite="lazorbeak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, a post ago, Ryback was over because he's up against the Authority, but now he's over because he's up against "a cocky heel," aka the lowest heel on the totem pole not named Fandango? Maybe he's just over? Even when he was stuck in a useless tag team with Curtis Axel, he was clearly the one the crowd cared about. With Kane being completely neutered, Henry and Show both being a million years old, etc., I don't see why Ryback belongs in the "lower midcard" when he's a big guy that can actually get reactions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ryback's first reaction came after an absence, return injury pop, returning to his babyface Feed Me More successful thing, more pop, against Bo Dallas, even if it's a lower carder, one of the annoying heel in WWE, more pop. </p><p> </p><p> Combining the starting situation in the babyface side, the injuries, the turns, the declining performances of some of the oldest big guys, and the initial reactions, it isn't a difficult decision to elevate Ryback's position in the card.</p><p> </p><p> What's the best way to get him some more pop? Go against the Authority and you can be one of the main protagonists of Raw for the next weeks and a part of the main event of Survivor Series.</p><p> </p><p> Probably I should have written this in the first reply to milamber. From a pop perspective he's an upper carder now, from a skills perspective, he's a lower carder. He's a basic brawler with evident lacks in lifting weight and stamina. But those skills are enough to back his overness for the bookers.</p><p> </p><p> In the end, if you ask me if he's worthy the position of the actual card, considering the situation, I would say yes. If you ask me if he the skills to backup his actual position in the card, it's a sure no.</p>

Probably I should have written this in the first reply to milamber. From a pop perspective he's an upper carder now, from a skills perspective, he's a lower carder. He's a basic brawler with evident lacks in lifting weight and stamina. But those skills are enough to back his overness for the bookers.

You don't think that something this guy has can make the company money? There is a reason he was pushed back to the top regardless of skill. Despite how much you want to act like booking is the only reason for his reaction many people haven't gotten nearly as far as him with much more support. Are we supposed to forget Tensai during Ryback's original run? He also debuted undefeated. He killed Cena and CM Punk as opposed to Ryback killing jobbers and he fell flat

You can't teach charisma and when people cheer for someone you push them, simple as that. That is why you see Mizdow getting a pin tonight and Ziggler pulling a Shawn Michaels. Anybody can have skill, but skill doesn't keep the company running. It's true in combat sports and it's even more true in pro wrestling.

Survivor Series was a great show.

eh. It was a one match show where the one match delivered but the rest of the show felt like an obvious journey to fill 2 hours before the main. A lot of things just went too long and didnt do anything to justify the time

Main event was almost flawlessly booked (the Ryback elimination could have used work and nobody really cares what Big Show does) and the Ziggler segment at the end put it over the top. To top it all off some mime dude fought HHH too

I'm a network subscriber mainly for archive stuff, but will watch the major events live (well, slightly delayed, but still night of).

The main event salvaged what was to that point a mediocre show. The Ambrose/Wyatt match would have been a show-stealer if it hadn't gone so OTT post match - got no problem with teasing a TLC match next month, but seriously?

Still...that moment...oh my word.

if it hadn't gone so OTT post match - got no problem with teasing a TLC match next month, but seriously?

Especially getting a ladder out ...for no reason at all. It was a clunky and awkward set up for TLC, but hopefully their TLC match can make up for the lacklustre post match stuff at SS.

You're forgetting the bunny! But in all seriousness, I thought they did a great job. I can't get invested in Bray...just looks like a greasy dude. The ladder bit was pointless but I did enjoy seeing Bray be put through the table.

Intrigued by the finish of the divas SS match. Guessing we move on to Nikki v Brie, then Paige getting the winner down the line?

Edit - Ziggler beating Cesaro 2-0 in the 2 out of 3 falls match last month makes more sense now.

A few thoughts on survivor series

I completely understand the logic behind Nikki as diva's champion because if dirtsheets are to believed then AJ will be leaving. What I don't like is now we are perfectly positioned for another Nikki vs. Brie match this time with the title involved that I am not interested in what so ever.

The main event was amazing probably the best Survivor Series elimination match I've seen since Survivor Series 2001 (13 years).

I'm mixed on the ending, was it a cool moment yes but my main question was why now because to me this is happening 12 years too late at least.

Either way I am looking forward to RAW tonight for the first time in a while.

A few thoughts on survivor series

I completely understand the logic behind Nikki as diva's champion because if dirtsheets are to believed then AJ will be leaving. What I don't like is now we are perfectly positioned for another Nikki vs. Brie match this time with the title involved that I am not interested in what so ever.

The main event was amazing probably the best Survivor Series elimination match I've seen since Survivor Series 2001 (13 years).

I'm mixed on the ending, was it a cool moment yes but my main question was why now because to me this is happening 12 years too late at least.

Either way I am looking forward to RAW tonight for the first time in a while.

Because Sting didn't want to sign with WWE 12 years ago? And they've got to use him for something, especially after that huge pop for the 2K15 reveal. It's better than another depressing Taker match.

Survivor Series Review:

Opening segment - Nice try upping the stakes but neither outcome will stick and there's still nothing on the line for Cena if he loses.

Fatal 4-Way (Tag Team Championship) - Fun match, good result. I wonder if everyone else is jealous of how over Mizdow is. A face/heel tag team is perfect because they can face any alignment of tag team.

Divas Survivor Series Match - One of most entertaining Divas matches in awhile if not the most technically sound. It gave a few oft-forgotten Divas a chance to showcase their talents, especially Emma. LOL at Paige calling Summer an idiot. Tyson Kidd is the best Diva of all :D

Ambrose vs Wyatt - Great first match in the feud. Smart having Ambrose take the low road in the same situation Bray put Cena in. The TLC rematch should be even better.

Rose & Bunny vs Slator Gator - I kind of like Rose as a rockstar cult leader but this match had no place on PPV.

Nikki vs AJ (Divas Championship) - Hot kiss, good result, terrible match. I hope Nikki has a long run with the title, just keep her mic time to a minimum.

Team Cena vs Team Authority - Started off poor but turned into a great match by the end. Henry's elimination was funnier than it should have been. Ryback out early was disappointing (setup for a Ryback/Rusev feud I guess). Rusev's suicide table dive count-out was a smart way to protect his record. Rowan looked impressive before Harper pinned him. Big Show heel turn #5000 was lame but at least it was Cena he turned on (I guess that ironclad contract expired). Huge push for Ziggler being the last man standing. The Ziggler/Rollins sequence and Trips, Noble and Mercury getting involved was so damn exciting. I really want a Ziggler vs HHH match at TLC. At this point I thought it would be a non-finish but no... Sting! I've only ever seen a few WCW highlights but I still marked out.

Verdict: Good PPV. Given the weak card that was one hell of an achievement.

http://i.imgur.com/V8dmtnz.giftumblr_nfisrmOF7g1saykaxo1_400.gif

Because Sting didn't want to sign with WWE 12 years ago? And they've got to use him for something, especially after that huge pop for the 2K15 reveal. It's better than another depressing Taker match.

I'm perfectly aware that he didn't want to sign back then and I can't say that I blame him but him being there now is not at all interesting to me. The guy is 55 years old (56 by mania time) and in an era where WWE is trying to push this so called "Youth Movement" Sting seems very out of place.

I understand he will probably only work with HHH at the Rumble and Taker at Mania but it's still a weird fit for me.

He's very out of place because he wont be on TV every week. It's not much different than Rock (who's gone now) being on shows the past few years. Just look at it for what it is which is purely a dream scenario coming true.

Unless you're foolish enough to expect some kind of great match from a guy who was merely good even in his prime (over 20 years ago), I don't think his WWE run will be anything good or bad but it will have a few memorable moments.

I knew about Sting before watching the show today thanks to the Facebook trends thing, but I still got goose bumps and marked the heck out over that. My roommate who doesn't like wrestling watched the main event with me and had a blast. Dolph Ziggler looked like a freaking rockstar. I won't get to watch Raw until tomorrow, but this is the most excited I've been about wrestling in a long time.

It was surreal to finally see it happen, but damn the guy's losing his hair haha. I love Triple H 'giving' himself another moment :D ... Sting looked good delivering the Scorpion Death Drop, I'm hoping he could at least tell a decent story in the ring for a couple of matches but my expectations are low. I think it's way too late, as many others do, but I'm gonna be open minded here and give the guy a shot. Most of his appeal to me was always his mystique anyway and it doesn't seem that he's lost a step in that regard. I'm cautiously excited for his WWE run.

I loved it. I could only watch half the show last night before I passed out. I finished watching it just now and I had already read that Sting debuted (even though I had been reading it all week). I enjoyed the entire thing. It gave me goosebumps to see Sting in a WWE environment. It was everything I've always hoped for and it was done well. I'd like to see a match (just one) from him and it'd have to be at WM. One and done. Let us wrestling fans see one of the greatest of all time perform and end his career at the biggest wrestling event in the history of the wrestling industry.

I can't get invested in Bray...just looks like a greasy dude.

That's the best part about Bray! He looks and acts like a hillbilly (who, in my experience, are pretty greasy dudes) who would be more at home in an asylum than a wrestling ring. It's certainly more unique than another guy with a short haircut and black tights.

EDIT: ...Jingle All the Way 2, starring Santino and Larry the Cable Guy...WHYYYYYYY!?!?

Because you don't like him, or because it seems wrong to have WCW's franchise guy in WWE?

No, I like him a lot. It seems wrong to have the man who has been the face of the alternative to WWE.

It's a questions of symbols. Last night was Vince McMahon's nail in the coffin of WCW and a clear message to all the competitors. There's only WWE. Then. Now. Forever.

Sting probably had an agreement with WWE, because he didn't want his legacy tarnished like they did in the beginning with the Ultimate Warrior.