The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I haven't seen XPW but I liked Kloss in Wrestling Society X.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was more his interaction with Rivera than the man himself. XPW wasn't all bad if you ignored the Black Army and their ...stuff. I always thought Kaos would be big.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>While this topic's title has been outdated for some time now (the company is no longer named TNA), it's a good thing nobody bothered to change it, because apparently the company' may be getting another name change:</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.pwinsider.com/article/110649/impact-wrestling-is-no-more-global-force-wrestling-to-replace-it.html?p=1" rel="external nofollow">http://www.pwinsider.com/article/110649/impact-wrestling-is-no-more-global-force-wrestling-to-replace-it.html?p=1</a></p><p> </p><p>

Turns out that Anthem is investing in those gold bars after all!</p><p> </p><p>

Was there ever a GFW thread? Could be time for a merger.</p>

TNA/Impact/GFW Slammiversary was a fun show. Since the Anthem takeover the company has been fairly consistently good, though they haven't really had any massive high points to write home about yet. Unusually, most of the gimmick matches delivered well but I was left a bit disappointed by the two title merging bouts... neither of them really clicked for me but neither of them were bad. Just not as good as I would hope probably in part because the crowd wasn't quite as loud for them as you would expect for main events.

So yeah.. hopefully things go well in the future, the show did at least feel like a big show instead of the almost weekly WWE PPVs we get now. I guess we'll see how things go from here. :)

PS: I'm also going to rename the thread :)

<p>Slammiversary was the 1st full TNA/Impact show I've ever watched (just been catching a few recaps and highlight videos since the all the Hardy stuff) and I was impressed. Lots of fun matches. I'd rate it higher than at least half the WWE PPVs this year.</p><p> </p><p>

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who only watches TNA/Imapct casually or has thought about jumping onboard for the 1st time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Planet Stasiak" data-cite="Planet Stasiak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought the JB/Mathews match was a really good overbooked match that told a great story. I was impressed with the Joseph Parks spot in the end. Kudos to the "GFW" writers for this one.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm still salty about josh Matthews losing tough enough to maven because I always thought he had what it takes in the ring. Now his fake announcer voice is terrible and he needs beat with something for even continuing to do that but I always thought he needed a shot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really hope all this Alberto/Paige stuff isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/alberto-del-rio-paige-domestic-abuse-incident-witness-uncle-cocaine/" rel="external nofollow">http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/alberto-del-rio-paige-domestic-abuse-incident-witness-uncle-cocaine/</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Her brother is saying that it is true. </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/7/11/15953508/paige-brother-issues-statement-alleging-alberto-el-patron-beats-her-behalf-knight-family" rel="external nofollow">https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/7/11/15953508/paige-brother-issues-statement-alleging-alberto-el-patron-beats-her-behalf-knight-family</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="milamber" data-cite="milamber" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really hope all this Alberto/Paige stuff isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/alberto-del-rio-paige-domestic-abuse-incident-witness-uncle-cocaine/" rel="external nofollow">http://heavy.com/sports/2017/07/alberto-del-rio-paige-domestic-abuse-incident-witness-uncle-cocaine/</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whether it is or it isn't, he's already been "convicted" in the "court" of public opinion, so his career is likely effed regardless.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Since TNA/GFW tape their shows in advance, does that mean they're stuck with him as World Champion (on TV) for at least several weeks?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what JJ said yesterday they aren't editing the footage so ADR will be heavily featured for the next month or so of shows. Worst case scenario for them is they have him lose the belt in the next set of tapings or strip of it if he is found guilty and re-shoot a couple of shows to crown a new champ. But it seems like they are waiting for the police investigation to conclude before making a final decision.</p>

<p>I hate the attitude that WWE took with Paige/Del Rio and if they didn't do everything in their power to separate them it probably wouldn't have ended this badly. </p><p> </p><p>

I mean that was a giant catalyst for a lot of this...honestly it is really common for the talent to form relationships with each other. It is the same effect as an over bearing parent trying to keep their teenage daughter from dating the guy with the Harley. </p><p> </p><p>

If you constantly tell them they can't be together it will drive them together to spite you. If you let it play out then that raging fire has no tinder to burn and will eventually burn out.</p>

If we were to believe her brother's statement then this isn't the first time Paige has gravitated towards "men" (I use the term loosely since there're probably other more approriate terms to describe guys like Brad Maddox and Del Rio that would get me censored) who "abused her physically and mentally", so I don't see how WWE should be blamed for this. If the girl refuses to learn from her past mistakes and chooses to act like an immature she has only herself to blame.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If we were to believe her brother's statement then this isn't the first time Paige has gravitated towards "men" (I use the term loosely since there're probably other more approriate terms to describe guys like Brad Maddox and Del Rio that would get me censored) who "abused her physically and mentally", so I don't see how WWE should be blamed for this. If the girl refuses to learn from her past mistakes and chooses to act like an immature she has only herself to blame.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Really? Are you saying Paige is to blame that she chose partners that later turned out to be a-holes? Are you saying she is to blame that ADR abused her? How does any of that make her immature?</p><p> This is typical rape culture talk: Blaming the victim, advising her to just not start a relationship with abusive men (as if she could somehow know this in advance) and generally disparaging her.</p>

Kingster, I wouldn't say that she's immature. But toxic people do exist. Blaming her might be too harsh, not knowing what she's doing to fix the situation. If there is abuse going on (mental, physical, or emotional) hopefully she gets the help she needs.

This is typical rape culture talk: Blaming the victim, advising her to just not start a relationship with abusive men (as if she could somehow know this in advance) and generally disparaging her.

You just had to go the route of Social Justice, did you? Like nothing just ever happens, it's always gotta be a conspiracy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Libertine States" data-cite="Libertine States" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You just had to go the route of Social Justice, did you? Like nothing just ever happens, it's always gotta be a conspiracy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is me politely suggesting we wait till the police investigation is over before casting judgement. So we can know all the information and such.</p>

You just had to go the route of Social Justice, did you? Like nothing just ever happens, it's always gotta be a conspiracy.

What exactly is wrong about social justice? I know you're pulling the SJW card. I guess in return, that makes you a "Social Injustice Warrior" trying the best you can to maintain unequality. I know in which camp I'd rather be, then.

Are you telling me that it's okay to blame the victim of a (suspected) abuse or any crime for that matter?

And it's not a conspiracy, what are you talking about? Greylocke said that Paige alone was to blame for being abused in that she gravitates towards abusers.

Someone put that out in written. It's not a conspiracy, it actually happens.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that now. It's getting a bit off-topic and nobody on either side is going to change their opinion on the issue.