The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Eversince Hogan came in I have statred to dislike TNA,

No more 6 sided ring

More Ric Flair

Ric Flair bleeding and overall more blading that's obvious

Some talent haven't been seen for ages aka Jay Lethal and Kiyoshi

Bringing back The Nasty Boys (thank god there gone now) again bringing Ric Flair, firing Daniels need I say more

In watching last weeks impact I did not like the lock box challenge idea. Sure it uses the Knockouts but in this one "match" they killed off the daffney/tara fight over the spider and they took the title off tara without having her lose.

and it looks like they are trying to get us to buy into a Love/Tara fight over the title now as well as a possible daffney/ lacy match :eek:

I would have never had the match in the first place. I would have had Tara vs. Daffney at Lockdown over the title/spider. What a better way to have Tara face the crazy "zombie hot" Daffney then having them locked in a steel cage.

Eversince Hogan came in I have statred to dislike TNA,

No more 6 sided ring

More Ric Flair

Ric Flair bleeding and overall more blading that's obvious

Some talent haven't been seen for ages aka Jay Lethal and Kiyoshi

Bringing back The Nasty Boys (thank god there gone now) again bringing Ric Flair, firing Daniels need I say more

First off... the six sided ring was a bit gimmicky. With a standard four sided ring they come off as a bit more "professional" and mainstream, and less of a "oh look, we have a different ring, that makes us cooler!"

Again, they're trying to make a push for legitimacy compared to the WWE: brining in names like Ric Flair is a step towards it. Do I like a senior citizen Ric Flair geezering around? Not particularly, but again he IS a worker with name value and there are people who will tune in to see him.

Kiyoshi I'll agree with, Lethal... no. Not a bad worker, but by no means the future of any major company. It'd be like saying "oh no, Attitude Era WWF isn't using Val Venis enough!"

And as TALENTED of an in-ring worker as Danielson is... he really and truly lacks the "X factor" to be at the top of the company. Hard to say what, exactly, it is... but clearly I'm not alone in thinking that, for whatever reason, despite his talents he isn't top dog material in a company like TNA. Heading back to ROH is the best thing he can do for his career, as he'd just languish in the midcard if he stayed with TNA.

TNA has shown signs of life in the last couple of months. Not everything they've done is perfect, but... it's a start. Now if they'd just show Nash the door... :D

TNA has shown signs of life in the last couple of months. Not everything they've done is perfect, but... it's a start. Now if they'd just show Nash the door... :D

Although I admit to agreeing to most of your post, I can't help saying I like Nash. I like him more now then I did "back in the day".

I really don't think he needs to be doing much in the way of match's, but maybe getting him into a more manager type role would be nice.

In fact, I like all the old guys as managers. Believe it or not, it brings me back to the older days of wrestling, when there were far more managers that actually had talent, that helped in ring talents. This is where I would like the older guys to fall into place, even Hogan. Maybe give Bischoff a swerve where he somehow gets full reigns of the company, and Hogan has to "find" someone that will stand up against him, and get Hogan's rightfull place back in controll of the company.

Just thoughts they could do before some of these guys start keeling over.

In watching last weeks impact I did not like the lock box challenge idea. Sure it uses the Knockouts but in this one "match" they killed off the daffney/tara fight over the spider and they took the title off tara without having her lose.

and it looks like they are trying to get us to buy into a Love/Tara fight over the title now as well as a possible daffney/ lacy match :eek:

I would have never had the match in the first place. I would have had Tara vs. Daffney at Lockdown over the title/spider. What a better way to have Tara face the crazy "zombie hot" Daffney then having them locked in a steel cage.

The lock box, I didn't like. The sudden switch of feuds? I do like. If only because it's different, it's interesting, and it's the way I would book if I felt like challenging myself.

The spider storyline was a tad boring, theres only two ways to go with it. Tara wins, keeps her belt and the spider or Daffney ends up killing it in some whacky way ala Pepper... And I don't think Daff would get much heat for killing Tara's spider as Bossman got from killing a dog.

BTW am I the only one that things Angelina Love isn't very good looking? She looks like mall trash girl that spent time smoking ciggerates and stayed in the tanning bed to long. Her skin looks like leather.

BTW am I the only one that things Angelina Love isn't very good looking? She looks like mall trash girl that spent time smoking ciggerates and stayed in the tanning bed to long. Her skin looks like leather.

I kind of mentioned that earlier in this thread, I think. Since I started cutting pics, she just looked a bit old, or, something went wrong. She ain't horrible, but, she ain't the best either.

I kind of mentioned that earlier in this thread, I think. Since I started cutting pics, she just looked a bit old, or, something went wrong. She ain't horrible, but, she ain't the best either.

Well I would not go as far as calling her mall trash, but yes I agree with you guys as well. I never thought she was all that attractive either. Now Velvet Sky on the other hand...:D

Although I admit to agreeing to most of your post, I can't help saying I like Nash. I like him more now then I did "back in the day".

I really don't think he needs to be doing much in the way of match's, but maybe getting him into a more manager type role would be nice.

In fact, I like all the old guys as managers. Believe it or not, it brings me back to the older days of wrestling, when there were far more managers that actually had talent, that helped in ring talents. This is where I would like the older guys to fall into place, even Hogan. Maybe give Bischoff a swerve where he somehow gets full reigns of the company, and Hogan has to "find" someone that will stand up against him, and get Hogan's rightfull place back in controll of the company.

Just thoughts they could do before some of these guys start keeling over.

I also am liking Nash and even Hall, it's Waltman I can't stand. I always thought TNA could use the Band as a way to give some younger guys a "rub". Have Hall and Nash run with two potential breakout guys instead of jobbing to Team 3D.

What?!?! Angelina is hot! I think she is much hotter then Velvet. But not as hot as Lacey Von Erich! Angelina is by far my most favorite Knockout. I'm happy that she is the Knockout's Champion but I'm not happy with the way she got that title! I would have loved to see her feud with Tara and then win the title fair and square. I think the Daffney/Tara feud could have went on for a couple of weeks. Those 2 deserved a good ending....such a shame.

I also am liking Nash and even Hall, it's Waltman I can't stand. I always thought TNA could use the Band as a way to give some younger guys a "rub". Have Hall and Nash run with two potential breakout guys instead of jobbing to Team 3D.

What the hell do some people have against Waltman? I already saw - dozens of times- a bunch of people here saying he's the worst thing that happened after George W. Bush, although no one used these actual words. :D I don't dislike Waltman. And i do understand that he's not anyone's favorite guy (Sure as hell ain't mine either) but he's not that bad, i think.

What?!?! Angelina is hot! I think she is much hotter then Velvet. But not as hot as Lacey Von Erich! Angelina is by far my most favorite Knockout. I'm happy that she is the Knockout's Champion but I'm not happy with the way she got that title! I would have loved to see her feud with Tara and then win the title fair and square. I think the Daffney/Tara feud could have went on for a couple of weeks. Those 2 deserved a good ending....such a shame.

Right On! Lacey is extremely Hot. In terms of LOOKS she is one of my favorite female workers.

I always wonder what the political leanings of wrestling fans are. Always seemed like sorta a conservative-leaning demographic to me, when I was little.

Although I am an exception, I think mainstream wrestling fans are a very conservative audience, akin to NASCAR fans. I suspect that a lot of the smarkier, ROH type fans would be more liberal though.

Although I am an exception, I think mainstream wrestling fans are a very conservative audience, akin to NASCAR fans. I suspect that a lot of the smarkier, ROH type fans would be more liberal though.

That makes sense, and is roughly in line with what I'd have guessed.

However, I'd guess that also, the GDS forums are a poor microcosm of the wrestling world, given that (in my experience) analytical folks tend towards liberalism, and TEW tends towards analytical types.

I don't think you can really put an ideology (or even a 'left or right'?) on wrestling fans - it's just too diverse a group. There are Anarchist wrestling fans and there are Fascist wrestling fans, i don't think it can really be tied down.

Cody Deaner helps everything, in my opinion. I miss him.

Well, suffice to say that I dunno about the later parts of his tenure, but I stopped watching not too long after he came on (Because they stopped the replays on saturdays, actually -- not because of Deaner) but it made TNA look, to my Michigan eyes, more southern than my family in Alabama.

What the hell do some people have against Waltman? I already saw - dozens of times- a bunch of people here saying he's the worst thing that happened after George W. Bush, although no one used these actual words. :D I don't dislike Waltman. And i do understand that he's not anyone's favorite guy (Sure as hell ain't mine either) but he's not that bad, i think.

His ring work is okay, it's just he is the same now as he was in the late 90's. I used to like him 10+ years ago but now I just don't.

However, I'd guess that also, the GDS forums are a poor microcosm of the wrestling world, given that (in my experience) analytical folks tend towards liberalism, and TEW tends towards analytical types.

What Nedew said. :p I'm an analytical type but I wouldn't identify myself as liberal.

Right On! Lacey is extremely Hot. In terms of LOOKS she is one of my favorite female workers.

I honestly don't get this. Lacey is basically Malibu Barbie, looks wise. She's like what you'd see in the lobby at Shutters on the Beach ("Lemme guess. You're a model slash actress?"). She's Maryse without the accent. :p

Oh and Angelina's problem is makeup. The makeup she uses doesn't work well with moisture and humidity. On camera, it makes the skin look somewhat reptilian. Gets even worse if you spackle it on like grout or something.

I honestly don't get this. Lacey is basically Malibu Barbie, looks wise. She's like what you'd see in the lobby at Shutters on the Beach ("Lemme guess. You're a model slash actress?"). She's Maryse without the accent. :p

I was thinking more a Kelly Kelly without a blank slate look in her eyes.

Oh and Angelina's problem is makeup. The makeup she uses doesn't work well with moisture and humidity. On camera, it makes the skin look somewhat reptilian. Gets even worse if you spackle it on like grout or something.

That could very well be it. I know most of them all weara hefty amount, but, that seems very logical, as the older pics I've seen of her aren't too shabby.