The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

This is

. It will be a great match and I have zero issues with it in fact I think it'll be awesome.

My problem is not them doing the match, I love seeing those guys at it - my problem is them doing without any sort of build. Again.

But hey, with all the crap they're doing these days, this is probably what bothers me the least...

I'm more interested in how their going to justify Daniels and AJ squaring off against each other. Daniels came back to TNA, only what a couple of months ago?, pretty much soley to have AJ's back. Now why would he be on the opposite side of a match, particularly as they've had no issues recently, not even minor ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't really try to, just seems like a "This match was legendary before, SO LET'S DO IT AGAIN~!" kind of thing. "Dream Rematch" isn't that rare of a way to build up a match, it can work.

There wasn't any build to Raven/Dreamer at Hardcore Justice...This is the X-Division's version of that show so the reason for this match is to showcase arguably the greatest X-Division match of all time. There's no major fued (so far but remember...the hype hasn't even officially started yet) going into because there doesn't need to be. This is about pride and to showcase their abilities not about hating each other.

I'm all for it personally. Anything that puts the focus on wrestling I just think this show will make the rest of the year look like crap as far as wrestling goes.

The way I look at it is maybe this is there way of trying to prove that wrestling does matter. Meaning what better way of proving it does matter than putting the top three "homegrown" stars (Well they were all stars in ROH first but you catch my drift.) in a match that will more than likely be a great match.

The way I look at it is maybe this is there way of trying to prove that wrestling does matter. Meaning what better way of proving it does matter than putting the top three "homegrown" stars (Well they were all stars in ROH first but you catch my drift.) in a match that will more than likely be a great match.

I'm very much meh about this, considering 19 months ago they threw the three of them together with no build. I suppose 19 months is a long time in wrestling, but given that I've spent more time not watching TNA than watching TNA in that time it doesn't seem too long ago to me.

It's actually less time since we saw the end of that match since the never-ending Cena/Orton feud last finished.

I wouldn't complain about the lack of build; TNA would only make the match seem less important with each passing week.

Agreed. Here's how I see TNA booking it if they wanted to build to it:

Week 1: Joe convinces Daniels that AJ is holding him back, Daniels turns on AJ.

Week 2: Daniels apologizes, he and AJ make up, AJ turns on Daniels and joins Bischoff while Joe laughs at them both.

Week 3: Fortune attack AJ, Joe saves him thus turning and joing Immortal.

Week 4: AJ, Joe, Gunner, and EB vs. Daniels, Beer Money, and Kaz. EB pins Kaz after Daniels turns on Fortune. AJ saves Fortune thus turning baby and leaving Immortal. Joe just walks away becoming a tweener and no one knows what side he's on.

Yea...I hope they don't actually attempt to build to this match, in fact I'd rather they didn't even announce it and just let it take place on it's own.

I don't really care enough about wrestling to try and understand how it works these days, but even I know what sells PPV's and what doesn't.

Surely the fact that WWE routinely out-sells TNA on PPV proves that it's story lines, characters etc that sells, not great wrestling matches? If people want to see shows with great wresting, they'll just watch one of the small promotions, right?

By extension then, TNA putting on a show filled with great matches probably wont sell that well in comparison to their usual stuff...which will give people the excuse to say "There's your X-Division, nobody bought the PPV, now here's 6 months of Hogan vs Sting"

It seems crazy to me that they wouldn't spend a couple of months promoting an X-Division show as one of their 'big' shows, having guys like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe etc in the world title picture as the event approaches etc, rather than just chucking a bunch of one-off 'dream matches' on a card and using it as an excuse to go back to the same old formula when nobody buys it.

I have to disagree. I think it's marketing that sells PPVs. Look at Hardcore Justice, they really didn't have much build up other than it's going to be an ECW reunion. If I remember Correctly they didn't even promote a single match that actually took place. The same can be done here with Destination X and all the "10%ers" who would pay to see the people being brought in on a major PPV and who also appreciate in ring ability. If they market it right and use the right people then a show like this writes itself.

Ofcourse seeing as EB is so good and putting the numbers out in a way that proves his point regardless of what they really say this show could be the most paid for show TNA ever puts on and he'll still find a way to point out how it was him and Hogan people were paying to see and only 10% of the buys were because of the X-Division.

Brand loyalty is what sells PPV's now in my opinion. To many the WWF is wrestling (Despite the company itself not wanting to call themsleves a wrestling company.) much like the UFC is MMA and no other company matters. I have friends that would never watch ROH, Dragon Gate USA, or even TNA because they see them as knock off companies. And that is all they will ever see them as because the WWF despite being boring itself still has the stars and the stars that draw.

This is off topic but, the US needs somthing diffrent to calculate ratings the way were doing it now doesn't add up and could be off by a huge ammount WWE probley draw 4.0 if everyone who watched was counted TNA maybe 2.0 I just think it is a very bad way of calculating the TV ratings.

This is off topic but, the US needs somthing diffrent to calculate ratings the way were doing it now doesn't add up and could be off by a huge ammount WWE probley draw 4.0 if everyone who watched was counted TNA maybe 2.0 I just think it is a very bad way of calculating the TV ratings.

If every number is rounded down does it really matter?

So I have a strict no TNA policy at my house. Its for my own good to keep my sanity in all. Well for some reason or another it popped up on my DVR last week (still not sure how that happened, I suspect terrorism).

Point being is I'm an addict even crappy wrestling if its at my disposal I'll watch it. Its a problem that I've sought help for but I think I'm just a lost cause.

Anyway I had a question. Where is Pope? Is he still pimpin? Is Rob Van Dam stilla round at all? How many "bad asses" does TNA have running around right now? Gunner, Joe, Crimson, anybody else? Guys that just start beating the hell out of each other or anyone else thats around?

Has the X Division created any new stars recently? Or is it still just a bunch of their tag teams MCMG, Young Bucks and when that gets old they just throw Daniels, Styles, Joe and now seemingly Lynn back into it?

Is Fortune done for now? Is Immortal still around aside from Bischoff and Hogan?

Last question why hasn't Ken Anderson gone back to the WWE. He's the best heel around not named Miz right now.

Sadly I think the fact that they called him Austin Aries instead of Austin Starr might be a sign that he's not going to be around post Destination X. That being said tonight's been one of the best Impacts I've seen in a long time. I'm loving Sting's decent into madness right now, hopefully they follow through on it and really make him a much darker character again.

Sadly I think the fact that they called him Austin Aries instead of Austin Starr might be a sign that he's not going to be around post Destination X. That being said tonight's been one of the best Impacts I've seen in a long time. I'm loving Sting's decent into madness right now, hopefully they follow through on it and really make him a much darker character again.

I think you may be right about him not sticking around. Hoping you are not however. Cuz to me he's one of those guys to have that 'it' factor to him. Granted he'll never be a huge star for a big promotion because of his size but despite that he could be a huge star within a division like the X division.

Really liking this Impact so far. The X division match was awesome and the RVD/ Joe match was really good too. Shame Joe wasn't the winner.

So I have a strict no TNA policy at my house. Its for my own good to keep my sanity in all. Well for some reason or another it popped up on my DVR last week (still not sure how that happened, I suspect terrorism).

Point being is I'm an addict even crappy wrestling if its at my disposal I'll watch it. Its a problem that I've sought help for but I think I'm just a lost cause.

Anyway I had a question. Where is Pope? Is he still pimpin? Is Rob Van Dam stilla round at all? How many "bad asses" does TNA have running around right now? Gunner, Joe, Crimson, anybody else? Guys that just start beating the hell out of each other or anyone else thats around?

Has the X Division created any new stars recently? Or is it still just a bunch of their tag teams MCMG, Young Bucks and when that gets old they just throw Daniels, Styles, Joe and now seemingly Lynn back into it?

Is Fortune done for now? Is Immortal still around aside from Bischoff and Hogan?

Last question why hasn't Ken Anderson gone back to the WWE. He's the best heel around not named Miz right now.

Well, I watched one impact lately and like someone said: production values has risen, but the wrestling is still a little 'so-so'.

- PWInsider reports that TNA has released Desmond Wolfe, formerly known as Nigel McGuinness. Wolfe had been the Xplosion Commissioner on that international program since returning recently. He hasn't been in the ring for TNA since the fall of 2010 after suffering a health issue.

Not totally surprising, but still... :(