The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Well he is an interesting addition to say the least and has potential/foundation or whatever you want to call it to be a good/great hand. Let's see what he does in TNA but so far the promo's have been decent but not great and the matches kinda bland. Anderson does have his fans/supporters though and he is a decent addition imho.

For the rest about Foley/Austin etc I think what was meant that they reached the hight of their fame and nailed their gimmick when they where an overblown version of themselves or a part of themselves. That's why I was really beginning to dig face champ AJ as he was playing an overblown version of himself and now he is playing the exact opposite. On Anderson's character he shows some potential mainly in some of his E promo's and his online stuff but he doesn't nail it yet.

For the rest discussing Foley and Austing and The Rock let's move it to the WWE thread they need a lot more postings are they are at half of this thread lolz. TNA may not always be great but at least they give you something to talk about good and bad lolz.

I'm a huge Rock fan he is one of the top five best on the mic ever imo. As for Anderson he has potintal to be a Legend in wrestling as for saying he's the next Rock thats hard to say I dont think so. I'd say he's more like Austin Idol you might not know who he is but he wrestled some matches with Flair

Mr. Anderson's "potential legend" boat has come and gone, he'll work up to the main event, have a few good matches, and then return to the mid-card for the rest of his career. His character is already hella stale in my eyes.

I'm a huge Rock fan he is one of the top five best on the mic ever imo. As for Anderson he has potintal to be a Legend in wrestling as for saying he's the next Rock thats hard to say I dont think so. I'd say he's more like Austin Idol you might not know who he is but he wrestled some matches with Flair

i dont think hes the next rock, i think hes TRYING to emulate alot of the rocks character, and mannerisms. thats my comparision. he will not be a legend, hes a poor imitation if you ask me.

*flame shield engaged*

Well, the period when Idol was trying to piggyback off of Superstar Billy Graham's character is certainly a valid comparison. But Idol was stronger in ring than Anderson appears to be. I remember him best as the indy teaching veteran at the end of his career and his feud with Ox Baker. As such I loved Austin Idol. But yeah, this does seem like a more likely parallel.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the Rock, Anderson comparison. I just don't.

Anderson's just a funny dude with a good sense of the "timing" in wrestling. He knows when to yak with fans, to call out the opponent in the match or when to look weak. That's why I like him.

Yeah, Rock knew all that too. So did/does HBK, Austin, Cena, Edge, ect.

He has the Main Event persona without the push, always had, even down in OVW where after one dark match on Smackdown he changed from Mr. Anderson to Mr. Kennedy to "thank Vince". /shrug. He's entertaining, both in ring and out.

Also, on the topic of TNA: WHERE'S MY JEFF HARDY I WAS PROMISED!

According to the reports he is still on contract but until his court date he will not be used so that he can focus 100 percent on that. The days leading up to them signing him there was a strong indication that the case would be thrown out outright but that didn't happen. So in the meantime enjoy the ride and wait for RVD to show up as I think that possibility is getting stronger reading and listening between the lines.

BTW anyone know Hardy's next court date?

Edit PS: Seems Lashley is "legit" gone as he has been removed from the roster page now. Kong is staying though (, for now,) as Hogan, Bubba and she cleared the air but she is still miffed about the pay structure as well it is reported. Still great to see her stay tb we (as fans, followers etc) lost Flash though.

Kong is staying though (, for now,) as Hogan, Bubba and she cleared the air but she is still miffed about the pay structure as well it is reported. Still great to see her stay tb we (as fans, followers etc) lost Flash though.

I honestly can't see why female wrestlers think they deserve to be paid at the same rate as the men. I realise that comes off as a little sexist and backward...everyone should be equal etc, but in wrestling it is what it is.

In terms of WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW, 99% of the women I've seen are nothing but eye candy, filler or a combination of the two. I see no reason why they should be paid anymore than a male who is 'filler' talent. At the end of the day, you're only worth what interest/revenue you can generate, right? Can anyone honestly say that they tuned into Impact or bought a TNA PPV based on Awesome Kong?

Don't get me wrong, of all the female wrestlers I've seen, she's by far my favourite...but I'm not excited to see her anymore than **INSERT GENERIC MIDCARD WRESTER HERE**.

I'm sure alot of people will think differently, but I relate it to the MMA fans who get up in arms because because winning fighters like Yushin Okami don't get the money/oppertunities of a 1-5 in his last 6 Wanderlei Silva...nobody is paying to see Okami, much in the same way that male wrestlers will always be the draws/earners in wrestling.

I honestly can't see why female wrestlers think they deserve to be paid at the same rate as the men. I realise that comes off as a little sexist and backward...everyone should be equal etc, but in wrestling it is what it is.

In terms of WWE, WCW, TNA and ECW, 99% of the women I've seen are nothing but eye candy, filler or a combination of the two. I see no reason why they should be paid anymore than a male who is 'filler' talent. At the end of the day, you're only worth what interest/revenue you can generate, right? Can anyone honestly say that they tuned into Impact or bought a TNA PPV based on Awesome Kong?

Don't get me wrong, of all the female wrestlers I've seen, she's by far my favourite...but I'm not excited to see her anymore than **INSERT GENERIC MIDCARD WRESTER HERE**.

I'm sure alot of people will think differently, but I relate it to the MMA fans who get up in arms because because winning fighters like Yushin Okami don't get the money/oppertunities of a 1-5 in his last 6 Wanderlei Silva...nobody is paying to see Okami, much in the same way that male wrestlers will always be the draws/earners in wrestling.

FAIL!

According to Wrestling Observer Newslettter, when they break Impact into the quarters, the quarters with the Knockouts are the highest or second highest rated segments of the show.

FAIL!

According to Wrestling Observer Newslettter, when they break Impact into the quarters, the quarters with the Knockouts are the highest or second highest rated segments of the show.

...yet at the same time, the all-knockouts special they did got sub-par ratings.

Considering there was nothing about equal pay, yes, this does come off pretty sexist and more than a little ignorant. There was a time last year when I only watched Knockouts segments, because they were the simplest, best-booked, best matches on a given show. Based on the Knockout segment ratings and Awesome Kong's legitimate drawing power, I'd say I'm not alone.

FAIL!

There is a huge, huge difference between what people will tune in for on a free TV show and what they will pay for. As I said before, who here can honestly say that they have paid for a PPV on the strength of seeing Kong, ODB etc.

As the poster above me mentioned, the all female special tanked.

Besides, do you really think that there are a significant number of wrestling fans who tune in *just* for the 15 mins that the women are in the ring?

Considering there was nothing about equal pay, yes, this does come off pretty sexist and more than a little ignorant. There was a time last year when I only watched Knockouts segments, because they were the simplest, best-booked, best matches on a given show. Based on the Knockout segment ratings and Awesome Kong's legitimate drawing power, I'd say I'm not alone.

I'm not specifically refering to Kong. Chyna back in the day wanted bigger paydays. I also misunderstood what she way complaining about, RE: equal pay with men/equal pay with women from outside the organisation. The site where I read it didn't make that clear.

It's not sexist at all...it has nothing to do with them being women and everything to do with 99% of them not being as popular as other members of the roster, who happen to be male.

How are you quantifing Kong's 'ligitimate drawing power' by the way, is there some sort of graph for that, or are you just making an assumption based on the internet fans getting up in arms because she was going to leave?

But what on earth does this mean? Are people sitting there waiting for some phone call that says "quick quick, the 15 minutes featuring the women is on now!"? There is no specific quarter of an hour when they feature, so what does that rating prove?

It just makes it appear that less people turn off when they're on, not that they turn on when they are. If i'm flicking through the channels and when i hit BBC1, Antiques Roadshow was on and Fiona Bruce was on fire, sure i'd leave it on, i'd want to know what happened! But that doesn't mean i'm going to tune in week after week for people being set ablaze whilst holding antiquated rubbish.

Rumor that Bobby Lashley is done with TNA, as his profile has been pulled off the website (apparently).

Can't say I'm too unhappy about that. While I did like the the feud with Big Poppa Plump When You Cook Him, all in all he never really brought that much to the table. I will be sadder though if that means no more Krystal on my TV. She'd be an awesome emotionally abusive harridan manager if they'd put her with some of the opener types to make them more interesting. But Bobby? He shouldn't let the door hit him where the Good Lord split him.

Is there any more to this than TNA dishonoring their word to let him skip wrestling and train for MMA when he needed it?

(At least that's what I heard)

he is still with tna, just not being pushed as part of the company for storyline purposes and the fact that he hasa fight in april. he will porb only wrestle a few times a year.