strange events/deaths/other events 2010

Hah. Cattley got to work three TV matches for the SWF (two wins, then a loss to Spencer Spade) and his contract wasn't renewed, so now he's unemployed. Sucks to be him. Meanwhile, Johnny Martin's MAW are doing brilliantly, led by champion Casey Valentine and his feud with - of all people - now upper midcarder Riley McManus (the title is now at A prestige).

MAW's roster is pretty interesting, actually.

Main Event: American Patriot, Johnny Martin, Rayne Man, The Big Problem

Upper Midcard: Casey Valentine, Findlay O'Faraday, Jay Chord, Ricky Douglas, Riley McManus

Midcard: Ace Youngblood, Curtis Jenkins, Huey Cannonball, Jefferson Stardust, Keith Vegas (who hasn't noticeably improved at all)

Lower Midcard: Giant Brody, Marshall Dillon, Syd Collier (Boot Camp grad)

Opener: Cameron James (Boot Camp grad), Super Sonic

Enhancement: Copperhead, Miller Fforde (Boot Camp grad).

So a noticeable improvement (in MAW terms) over their usual two-years-in roster in '08, which usually included loads of ultra-talented 30 somethings.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ewww, I was just fooling around with another USPW game and got an owner goal of "cant sign anyone over 40.."

WHAT?

I got a high minimum selling. Over 1/3 of the roster failed the test.

Things like this are why I NEVER use auto-save.

Age, selling, and stamina goals in USPW force you to change the face of the company... and that's not cool.

Things like this are why I NEVER use auto-save.

Age, selling, and stamina goals in USPW force you to change the face of the company... and that's not cool.

Well, now you can go into game options and under user preferences just turn the goals off if you do happen to get a game breaker in a long game.

Thats one of the reasons I went with the owner goals this time around. In 2008 I just played freestyle mode and made myself the owner.

Well, now you can go into game options and under user preferences just turn the goals off if you do happen to get a game breaker in a long game.

Thats one of the reasons I went with the owner goals this time around. In 2008 I just played freestyle mode and made myself the owner.

Well, I like owner goals...

Just not gamebreaking ones. There's a difference between going "Okay, Sam Strong is forcing me to push Peter Valentine AND I can't hire Larry Wood because he said no Psychopaths" and "Sam Strong just told me I can't re-sign anyone with less than C- selling... well, there goes half the freakin' roster!"

So I disable autosave, to insure I can get goals I can live with that restrict me (and often force me to think slightly differently), that are fun to play with (c'mon, who doesn't like being forced to find ways to push Peter Valentine?), and avoid goals that will change the foundation of a company I started a game with, likely because of said foundation.

Well, I like owner goals...

Just not gamebreaking ones. There's a difference between going "Okay, Sam Strong is forcing me to push Peter Valentine AND I can't hire Larry Wood because he said no Psychopaths" and "Sam Strong just told me I can't re-sign anyone with less than C- selling... well, there goes half the freakin' roster!"

So I disable autosave, to insure I can get goals I can live with that restrict me (and often force me to think slightly differently), that are fun to play with (c'mon, who doesn't like being forced to find ways to push Peter Valentine?), and avoid goals that will change the foundation of a company I started a game with, likely because of said foundation.

Yeah, but unless you backup save a lot, it'd suck to accidently miss the game breaking one and save the game. In 2010, if that happens its easy to just turn off.

I lols at this:

"The wrestling world is abuzz tonight, after a sneaky plot by RAW to discredit DIW backfired in spectacular fasion (should read fashion). RAW officals had tried to anonymously leak a story that DIW had pro-N@z! sympathies, but the plot was uncovered and it is now RAW themselves who are facing public backlash for their behaviour."

(c'mon, who doesn't like being forced to find ways to push Peter Valentine?)

*raises hand*

Sorry, as booker, my job is to get the best results possible to propel the promotion forward. That means developing talent, producing the best shows for the greatest profit. I don't have time to spend on making the useless useful. I could spend that time getting Devine or Champion more over, elevating Andre Jones, or improving the women. It's like a boss telling you to turn his unmotivated, unfocused, moron son into something that doesn't resemble animal feces (or keeping his loose daughter from getting knocked up). J Silver gave me an idea that I ran with. I just give Valentine an angle or two a month and forget he exists. I treat the National title like a prop and have Valentine fawn over it while everyone gives him a bemused expression (like he's hugging an invisible teddy bear).

Actually, that is a narrative. If you go to the editor and to the section "Narratives", you will see that one there.

i just checkend and you're right, i had no idea. i havent checked the narratives because i didnt wanted to spoil funny stuff to me. well my bad then. but still funny.

I think in that section of the creative meeting it always says however many years ago they were 30 is how far past their prime.

No, it most certainly does not.

I shows how many years they are past there prime, meaning just that. If a worker went "past his prime" at 40, and he's now 50, he'll be shown as 10 years past his prime.

As it is, most workers will still be in their prime past 30, some even past 40, and it seems to top out around 45. Can't say I've ever seen a worker older than 45 that wasn't past their prime (though I have had a couple 45 year olds who weren't yet in decline!)

No, it most certainly does not.

I shows how many years they are past there prime, meaning just that. If a worker went "past his prime" at 40, and he's now 50, he'll be shown as 10 years past his prime.

As it is, most workers will still be in their prime past 30, some even past 40, and it seems to top out around 45. Can't say I've ever seen a worker older than 45 that wasn't past their prime (though I have had a couple 45 year olds who weren't yet in decline!)

You're right, I don't know why I had that idea. Most of my 'Time Decline' workers are stated to have past their prime at 32-35.

So how about I decided to open a new developmental Territory for SWF, I ended up dropping 5 mil and was pretty proud of myself. So what happens, the very next day they sign their new owner and send me a message breaking me from being their parent company...what kind of crap is that

So how about I decided to open a new developmental Territory for SWF, I ended up dropping 5 mil and was pretty proud of myself. So what happens, the very next day they sign their new owner and send me a message breaking me from being their parent company...what kind of crap is that

The kind that happens when you're not using an up-to-date version of the game.

Archived