What's going on in your game?

That looks like a very solid show. Too bad the 100 rating wasn't for your main event. May need to think about re-visiting that match in a couple of months in a main event. See what it does to a show grade.

Aye... but with a big SE company, it seems easier to get those crazy higher scores in the co-main event than in the main event. It's just that much longer you have to avoid the pitfall of burning out the crowd... but I usually can avoid that by preceeding the main event with first an angle I know is gonna raise the crowd's mood (probably a promo by someone wrestling in the Main Event, or something following up the co-main), and follow that up with about a two minute hype video for the main event with the main event right after that. That, and avoiding too much usage of "slow build" and "all out match" throughout much of the rest of the show.

Anywhooo.... yes, try and build that up maybe as a main event of a PPV sometime in the future. :)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just booked "The World is Watching"

Keep in mind:

Towards the beg. of this game Gilmore snapped, and said he was tired of always being overlooked. He then recruited Marc DuBois as his protege of sorts. He then introduced The Gauge Brothers, and Jay Chord. He said he was taking it in his own hands to make sure that the very best in the world would be the most feared competitors in this promotion. Jay Chord has an iron grip on the TV Title. Angry Gilmore got his mits on the world title after tormenting Rich Money and hitting him with a car. Rich Money challenged him that night to a title vs career match. Rich Money put up a good fight, but after the hit and run, he wasnt quite up to par with Gilmore and his henchmen. Marc DuBois won the North American title I think last month off of a newly face Brandon James (Who rescued then No.1 Contender Christian Faith from an attack, since the same group attacked him to soften him up for DuBois.) Fast forward a bit to the show just before this PPV. Lobster Warrior saved his buddy Jack Bruce from an assault by Gilmore and his stable. Lobster Warrior was stretchered out.

Four matches...

Opened with Dubois/Rich Money for the North American title. 96. DuBois retained.

4 Team tag match, saw the Gauge Brothers win the tag titles. 80. It was do or die for the gauge brothers. If they lost they were out of the stable.

Faith/Vengeance

98. Vengeance had been on quite the rampage. Frehley asked for help. He declined. Vengeance took out Frehley. Vengeance then took out his "protege" Gregory Black, who he recruited in the previous month to help against Gilmore. Faith decided to strike back.

Bruce/Gimore 97 - This match was personal. Jack Bruce and Angry Gilmores feud had been on FIRE. The fans were eating it up 2 weeks in. There has already been blood, sweat and tears in this one. Started off with Jack Bruce getting a surprise win on Gilmore. Gilmore took exception and had him dismantled at the next show. Following a tag match, Gilmore/DuBois vs Bruce/Lobby. The next week Gilmore's stable tried to take out Bruce. This is when Lobby got destroyed and stretchered out.

Gilmore Retained. A cryptic video package was played after Gilmore won. This is setting up for the supreme challenge where Lobby is gonna return as Chris Morrisette and take the title from Gilmore. Gilmore will be defending against Bruce again at the next PPV.

Current plans are for after Lobby comes back is for him to form a face stable, with the likes of possibly: Jack Bruce(could also easily be rich money), Brandon James, Snow Fox and maybe American Elemental(still debating on him) to combat Gilmore's stable. Trying to build these guys up because I want to do a brand split really bad. Got alot of talent I dont have space for.

My favorite thing isn't really in my actual game, which is a present day WWE game. The real action is down south at FCW, where my future stars are being trained.

Sting had made his crazy WWE debut at Wrestlemania against the Undertaker, and then later challenged top heel Sheamus for the WWE Championship at Summerslam for one last big time run as The Icon. He put Sheamus over in a big way, and did some tag team matches with a few top baby faces to be and then I sent him to FCW as the TOP TRAINER.

But I didn't turn off his active wrestling status. And yesterday he defeated Tyler Black for the FCW Championship. Something crazy is happening in Florida.

Meanwhile, I bankrupted TNA, forcing them to drop most of their roster. Then, I gave them a little money and a 'no hiring over 30' rule. IMPACT Wrestling is now the coolest show ever, and I have a legit Monday Night War brewing against TNA's world champion Nick Nemeth, and their tag champions The American Wolves. I may let go of Orton or Cena just to see what happens.

Dick Murdoch is bullying the WCCW, and has been repeatedly turning back the attempts of DVE to regain the Texas Heavyweight. However his days as champ may be numbered as I just sent a request to Mr. Bruiser Brody. Manny Fernandez is the American Heavyweight Champ and feuding with Billy Dundee. I've been running a successful tour to keep my popularity up outside of mid south/west. My Bill Eadie/Hawk tag team is dominating.

My Local to Global company just managed to wrangle a deal on National Pride TV as a regional promotion.

No advertising revenue but national exposure. I'll take it.

Nice going! I managed the same in my own 0/0/0/0 in early 2017. You should be making a ton of money with shows at home anyway, so it shouldn't matter about the lack of revenue.

Well I lost James Justice to SWF in my USPW game but I managed to hit International and bring in Christian Faith. Coincidentally SWF was actually jobbing Faith out to Justice on his way out the company. Still got him at B+ overness across America and put him in a 30-minute Iron Man match with Enygma which he won and now he's a main eventer. Faith is a big part of my plans over the next year or so. His Time Decline status isn't that bad for his age (7 years past prime, big deal, this is USPW after all). I'm planning on a Caulfield heel turn and for him to win the title from Nicky Champion, and then a lengthy Caulfield/Faith feud.

SWF has been putting out B- shows consistently, TCW and I are rotating National Battle victories (SWF always #3), and my company is only improving every month. I'm looking to steal a few of SWF's top stars as they decline. I don't want to get too crazy as I want to keep the USPW feel, but I'm not going to pass on guys like Angry Gilmore, Rich Money, Skull DeBones, Marat Khoklov if I can get them.

Well, El Mitico Jr.'s year and a half title run in Wrestling Without Borders finally came to an end, not as a result of a series of epic main events with El Exportacion like I was planning, but because he went out for 2 months with an injury. I made lemons into lemonade though and used the vacant title opportunity to get Snap Dragon his guaranteed title reign before he comes up for contract negotiations.

The '88 Real World Mod, currently in November of '89.

Monday Night Nitro is a three hour show, live on TNT.

I have two hour long shows, Saturday Night on TBS and Thunder on HBO. Neither are 'B' shows due to network shenanigans. Saturday Night usually features one nice long singles match or tag match between main eventers and upper midcarders. Thunder usually features more midcard talent facing off against the bigger stars.

My main storyline centers around Roddy Piper's quest for his first World title. So he's chasing my NWA champion Sting in a pretty straightforward singles feud. That's one storyline. The other featuring Piper centers around him and Ric Flair. Natch was leading a "new look" Horsemen stable of Ron Simmons, Butch Reed and Scott Hall managed by J.J. Dillon. Huge heel stable, feuded with Sting for months and months... enter Hotrod. Reed, Simmons, Hall and J.J. all turned on Flair forming The Pit Bosses with Piper. After weeks of looking like Piper will get his wish and grind Flair into dust (invented some "shoot-y" animosity between the two)... Lex Luger comes out to aide Flair... with friends! Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard make their return to WCW and help drive off Piper and his turncoats! The original Horsemen return! So that's storyline two.

The third real huge main event storyline features Flair and Steamboat (feuded from day one of this game save) forced together to take out The Road Warriors (managed now by the absolutely sinister mega heel manager Percy "Paul Bearer" Pringle)... Percy ousted Paul Ellering and gave Hawk and Animal a new vicious focus. The Legion along with Percy's silent killing machine the massive rookie Punisher (aka The Undertaker) have started tearing WCW apart bit by bit with a serious of violent attacks on the roster. Flair and Steamboat are sort of forced together, oil and water like, to take out the monsters.

Local to Global update:

Everything is coming up Milhouse. Lost American Elemental II and Cowboy Buck Winchester to SWF, but I had a roster surplus of one anyway. So I kept Mutant and hired Deborah Young to team up with Kinuye Mushashibo.

TV deal is going swimmingly. Ratings are low (0.06 my highest so far) but National Pride doesn't seem to mind. Also have growing popularity in Canada... a foot in the door for when I eventually expand to the Great White North.

My Ninth Anniversary show:

Blackfire (w/ Freak Nation) d. Matt Hocking 57

Giant Brody (w/ Larry Wood) and Scott Hadley d. Love From The Islands (Island Boy Apollo and Valentine, w/ Buttercup) 65

Blazing Deuces (Bradley Blade and Diamond Deuce) d Freak Nation members Mutant and Pretty Richie (w/ Miss J and Blackfire) 51

$10,00 Ladder Match: Marshall Dillon d. Nomad, Remmy Honeyman and Cobra 61

Southern Tag Team Titles: Girls Gone Wrestling (Kinuye Mushashibo and Deborah Young) d. A Pair of Jacks (Jack Griffith and Jack Miracle) © 68

Next Gen Crown, Special Guest Referee Eva Berlin: The Pilgrim d. Irwin Gutmann 69

Overall: 68.

Freak Nation is a stable started by Mutant as a kind of a circus of the bizarre. Pretty Richie is Richie Riggins, who is one of the only wrestlers of my original roster who never left the promotion. The other two? Jack Miracle (avatar) and the now-retired promotion's owner, Larry Wood. I gave him a hybrid Goldust/Adrian Adonis gimmick to freshen him up. Miss J is Pettle, longtime valet in the promotion, in a dominatrix gimmick.

Jack Miracle is Jack Avatar with a rockstar-ish gimmick. Basically an early 2000s babyface Jericho, without the mic work as this is a workrate promotion. Jack Griffith is my current TV champion, and for not complaining about this loss like all the others he'll have that belt for while. Mushashibo and Young share the priveledge of being the first women to hold a title in the promotion.

The Next Gen Crown is my major title (100 Prestige, baby) with a 35 and Under age limit. Irwin Gutmann lost the title to a returning Pilgrim at my mid-year show then won it back in October. The rematch was not without controversy as Irwin Gutmann has had his assistant and manager Eva Berlin serve as a referee in some of his matches. Berlin showed some biased officiating here with questionable counts, so Pilgrim put Irwin in his own Tiger Sleeper to force the submission.

just goofing around with a startup fed

signed all the unemployed entertainers in the usa:

Valentine

Running Wolf

Ekuma

Dermot O'Logical

Ernie Turner

Evil Spirit

Grunt

Stink

Stan the man Manna

Rockin Ryan Turner

Happy Elwood

K-Squared

Oscar Ozymandias

The Wizard of Ottawa

throw in Vita, Chad Bent, Jerome Turner, Duncan Kendal for staff

signed them all to 10 year written deals and seeing what i can do with them

Rockin Ryan Turner is actually on the next big things list so i am curious about him

Our top 6 guys i am pushing are running wolf, Ekuma, Oscar Ozymandias,

Ernie Turner, Evil Sprit and Valentine

Valentine

Running Wolf

Ekuma

Dermot O'Logical

Ernie Turner

Evil Spirit

Grunt

Stink

Stan the man Manna

Rockin Ryan Turner

Happy Elwood

K-Squared

Oscar Ozymandias

The Wizard of Ottawa

Rockin Ryan Turner is actually on the next big things list so i am curious about him

Looks like an interesting roster and a bit of a spin on my training fed setup. I'll definitely be interested in reading your updates.

Valentine

Running Wolf

Ekuma

Dermot O'Logical

Ernie Turner

Evil Spirit

Grunt

Stink

Stan the man Manna

Rockin Ryan Turner

Happy Elwood

K-Squared

Oscar Ozymandias

The Wizard of Ottawa

I bet that will be a fun game actually! Keep us posted on what goes down.

Started a new game with some self-implemented rules to try to make it more difficult/fun.

1. Only allowed to sign 4 unemployed workers (if any of them walk out/get fired for behavior issues I can replace them). The vast majority of my roster must be signed from the other indies in the game. *

2. Since im running a touring schedule(5 a week... +1 "Main Attraction" show a month for the big belt I guess), at the beginning of every week I must check my franchise players, and make a note. #5 main events the first night of the week, and going up to #1 main eventing the last night of the week. (If anyone is not available, they get skipped until they are available.)

3. Check Hot Prospects at the beginning of week. Anyone on that list MUST be used EVERY show that week.

3.B: Check Next Big Things at beginning of week. Anyone on that list can not lose a match that week.

4. ALL matchups are decided randomly. (Even workers with guaranteed spots on the card get random opponents!)

5. My avatar must rotate between winning and losing on tours (One tour he cant lose, one tour he cant win.)

Just got into Month 2 which is the start of my first 5 month tour.

Week 1s guaranteed main eventers are:

Day 1: Insane Machine

Day 2: Masked Cougar

Day 3: Matt Keith

Day 4: Larry Wood

Day 5: J-Ro

Looks like Matt Keith is gonna probably get night 1 (since id assume my little indy company wouldnt be the number #1 priority of Insane Machine or Masked Cougar since they work for CZCW.)

Current hot prospects:

Jayson Van Pelt, Frankie "White Angel" Dee, Capitao Brasil jr, Dragon Americano, and Canadian Crusher.

Current next big things:

Jayson Van Pelt, Canadian Crusher, Capitao Brasil jr.

something tells me the random people who end up having to job to the NBTs are gonna be PISSED.

If anyone is curious, current roster count is 51 wrestlers.

=====================

*Exception: I opened up a large, obscene amount of dojos at the beginning of the game. I MUST sign anyone who debuts through them, and MUST keep them on my roster as long as possible

=====================

Well, see ya guys in 105 shows lol.

The unemployed entertainers year one report:

The promotion is cult sized (we started on easy) 5 points from National.

We are not good enough to go head to head with TCW but may hit national.

our roster:

Main eventers

Avatar- like jack avatar but a monster heel with menace(i book him like the undertaker)

Ernie Turner- face has 91 entertainment skills

Ekuma - face has 81 star quality

Oscar Ozymandias- heel has the best performance rating 74 besides avatar

Upper Midcard:

Stink and Grunt our bad guy tag team they had the most popularity when we started and now they are kinda ok in the ring (no longer disjointed mess every match)

Running Wolf - face has an 84 star quality

Midcarders

Stan the Man Mana and Rockin Ryan Turner - out face tag team, Rockin Ryan Turner is listed on the next big thing list but isn't anything right now.

Valentine - heel ------he is still a work in progress

Evil Sprit - heel his popularity goes up faster than others but still a work in progress

Lower midcarders:

Happy Elwood - face jobber

The Wizard of Ottawa - face jobber

Dermot O'Logical - heel jobber

K-Squared- heel jobber

Right now none of the guys have enoough pyschology to avoid penalties. If any of them get good enough they will instantly get god pushed to the top. Nobody is locked into any postion for now.

I pushed Ernie Turner, Oscar Ozymandias because they had the 2 best performance ratings and figured they would make a great co main event.

Running Wolf and Ekuma make for good oppenents with their star quality for my monster heel avatar.

Valentine and Evil Spirit are the guys who put over the big guys and beat the lower

for what its worth on the top 100

19-Evil Spirit (what?)

20-Oscar Ozymandias

41-Avatar

42-Ekuma

49-Ernie Turner

75-Running Wolf

If you asked me ahead of time i would have said avatar first then maybe Ozymandias and Turner may find their way on the list. Evil Spirit has 68 performance which is a nice improvement and he seems to get popularity faster than other workers. Maybe he is something other than a jobber to Running Wolf, Ekuma and Ernie Turner.

Franchise Players -

1-Ernie Turner

2-Ekuma

3-Oscar Ozymandias

Hot Prospects-

1-Ryan Turner

2-Dermot O'Logical

3-Evil Sprit

4-K-Squared

5-Valentine

Talk the Talk

1-Ernie Turner

2-Vita

Show Stoppers

1-Ernie Turner

2-K-Squared

3-Oscar Ozymandias

4-Dermot O'Logical

5-Grunt

Ring Generals

1-Ernie Turner

2-Oscar Ozymandias

3-K-Squared

4-Stink

5-Dermot O'Logical

Oscar Ozymandias is in terminal decline nobody else list on Time Decline

I did build a dojo under general training hopefully i get someone before Oscar

retires.

Chad Bent 59 refereeing

Duncan Kendal 72 road agent

Vita 74 colour

Jerome Turner 69 announcing

Right now our pyschology ranges from 46 The Wizard of Ottawa to 71 Oscar Ozymadias That is what i will use to decide who gets the push when i have decsions to make.

All in all its pretty fun not sure how good these guys will get or if i will manage to stay at national when i get there.

Just started a diary with DAVE in the CVerse 2001 mod and I am two shows in right now so there's not a lot happening, but basically Nemesis and Johnny Martin are going back and forth and Phil Vibert's gotten involved as an ultra-insane boss. There's some worked shoot vibes to the whole thing.

Also, Bryan Holmes and Kunomasu are going back and forth in a "respect" type deal, but Holmes found himself on the losing end of the first two matches and is getting pissed off.

Things are heating up at Wrestling Without Borders. We are nearing the end of 2014 and will present our 100th show at the end of December. I'm also in the process of freshening up the roster. I've got a few guys who've never really done anything whose contracts are all coming up around the same time (Australian Devil, El Medico, Surfeador California, etc.) that I'm not renewing. This has freed up space to bring back Genio Verde and bring Insane Machine and Jet Stream (Jacob Jett) back to the states for the first time in years now that WLW no longer has them on written contracts. Combine all that with the imminent return of El Mitico Jr. after his 3 month hiatus due to injury and 2015 is shaping up to be very exciting.

Local to Global game update: Cult status reached!

My new signings:

Chill (Undercard guy but a good brawler)

Chucky Dorrance and Eric LaMonica (Who I partnered together as The Canuckleheads. Essentially Canadian Bushwackers)

Cheetah Boy (as The Outrageous Arona, a new member of my Freak Nation stable)

Gordon Micheals (Micheal X under his real name)

James Diaz (Raymond Diaz' son)

Things are heating up at Wrestling Without Borders. We are nearing the end of 2014 and will present our 100th show at the end of December. I'm also in the process of freshening up the roster. I've got a few guys who've never really done anything whose contracts are all coming up around the same time (Australian Devil, El Medico, Surfeador California, etc.) that I'm not renewing. This has freed up space to bring back Genio Verde and bring Insane Machine and Jet Stream (Jacob Jett) back to the states for the first time in years now that WLW no longer has them on written contracts. Combine all that with the imminent return of El Mitico Jr. after his 3 month hiatus due to injury and 2015 is shaping up to be very exciting.

Add HELL MONKEY to the list! Whose not a big enough promotion to bring you back from Japan now?!

I may start a diary picking up with our first major show in 2015, I haven't decided.

Wow... You need to TALK to your workers now? Must be a feature I kinda missed. Was still used to the old TEW. Can't believe I've played so little of it, given the fact that I've got it since day 1. :p Dark Angel walked out on my after I fired his brother after some poor performances (not that he sucks, I mainly suck). Thank god I turned the autosave off and discovered that you can flap around some do$$ars to change his mind.

And you can surgically repair workers? Awesome. I thought my move to national was done for when RK Hayes was out for a whopping 13 months. Little did I know that you can have surgery (for free) to limit it to 3 months, which is nothing. I've wasted half an hour of planning the next PPV main events and contemplete the next title holder. :o

So aweshom.

I've started a SWF Save, and I'm going to have Eric and Richard Eisen run wild over the SWF. Basically, from January to April, im going to have Richard and/or Marat Khoklov intervene in all Eric's title defences, insuring his victory. But then at The World is Watching, Christian Faith will defeat (insert wrestler here) to get a title shot at Rumble In the Jungle (royal rumble equivilant). He tries to appeal to his now former best friend in Mr.Eisen, and Richard gives his word that he will let the best man win. But on the night, just as Faith is about to hit his signature leap of faith elbow, Richard calls for Marat to tear the turnbuckle off the ring! Causing Faith to go crashing to the floor, and Eric rolls him up for the win. Faith tries to attack Eric and Richard post match, but instead Marat brutalises him, bloodying him with a steel chair before powerbombing him through the announcer's table. (should be noted throughout this entire period, Jerry Eisen has been against all Richard's actions.)

Faith is put on the injured list, but mysterious video packages hype his return, with another man the "Devil had scorned". At Times Of Trouble, Jack Bruce is facing Eric Eisen for the title, and just as Marat & Richard make their way to the ring, presumably to screw Bruce, the lights go out. When they come back on, two hooded men are stood near Marat and Richard. One of them unmasks, it's Christian Faith! Faith leaps forward, and takes Marat to the ground, lands some punches before quickly rolling off and grabbing a chair, he hits Marat with it, and grabs Eisen. He tosses him to the floor instead of the other masked man, who grabs him! He unmasks; Nemisis! Nemisis hits a Nemisis arrow and as the ref and Eric are distracted, Bruce hits him over the head with a guitar, and covers him! (Bruce will either face Marc DuBois or Tom Gilmore at Supreme Challenge.)

The next night, Richard bans Nemisis from ever appearing on SWF TV again, and explains the incident that happened way back in '97. Jerry Eisen then leaves the announcers desk, and says that the 5% stake in the company his Father gave to him on his 18th Birthday has finally come in handy. He says he, along with the board, have discovered a loophole which lets them over rule him. He says that he has the board, Christian Faith and Nemisis' full backing with this descision and announces that at The Supreme Challenge, it will be Eric Eisen, Richard Eisen and Marat Khoklov Vs Nemisis and Christian Faith! (I'm going to have the match end with Faith pinning Khoklov, or Nemisis pinning Eisen, havent decided.)

The only thing i've decided after this is that Ash Campell will be brought in to fued or team up with Eric, hmmmmmm.

Archived