What's going on in your game?

Uh oh, it seems as if one brand dominates in the championship department: X-Calibur has the International Champion(BJ Whitmer), X-Treme Champion(Amazing Red), Vixen's Champion(Madison Eagles), and their own World Champ(Charles Elliot III Esquire aka Johnny Riggs) whereas Massacre only has their own Universe Champ(Kenzo Suzuki) and the Tag Champs(Pacific Poison; Samoa Joe and Steve Corino) and the 'midcard through lower and opener title, TV Champion' Alvin Burke(Elijah Burke)

all of the championships besides the world champs are cross-promotional.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh oh, it seems as if one brand dominates in the championship department: X-Calibur has the International Champion(BJ Whitmer), X-Treme Champion(Amazing Red), Vixen's Champion(Madison Eagles), and their own World Champ(Charles Elliot III Esquire aka Johnny Riggs) whereas Massacre only has their own Universe Champ(Kenzo Suzuki) and the Tag Champs(Pacific Poison; Samoa Joe and Steve Corino) and the 'midcard through lower and opener title, TV Champion' Alvin Burke(Elijah Burke)

You're using MVP's real name for Elijah's ring name? O.o

So I decided to try something a bit different (needed a break from my local to global game... and an excuse to roll a d20 lol) and (hopefully) fun... that requires alot of parentheses to explain lol... as well as a bit unpredictable to an extent. This will hopefully be a local to global game

Ive crafted a chart with numbers ranging from 1-20 with different (ocassionallly open ended)worker archetypes (it still needs a bit of work but I reckon it'll work just fine for now.)

Theres a nifty backstory in my head about the unionization of wrestling and how it is a bit... difficult to become a unionized worker(leaving a lot of workers on the "micro-indy" circuit)... which is part of the reason my owner/talent scout is J K Stallings Jr. Also makes one website (totalextremewrestling.com) collecting info on 1500+ workers (not to mention every wrestling show from the promotions, and independent indy shows that only uses unionized talent, it keeps track of)at a time make sense.

I rolled a 20 sided dice 12 times to determine my starting roster.

The starting roster is thus:

Sakura Takashi - A talented all rounder from Japan.

Joel King - A former heavyweight boxing champion from America

Aleksander Popov - A very solid blue chipper from Russia.

Kerry Pathlow - Nephew of Hell Monkey

Janu Mukunda - A young technician from India

Big Billy - A giant from Canada. At the moment he does not have much talent, but can hopefully get over on size alone.

Adam Christiansen - A young high flier from America

Jonas Nemeth - A former basketball player on the european circuit. German.

Chip Reynolds - Young Aussie technician.

Kenneth Reigns - A youngster with not much in the way of skill, but is a decent entertainer

Keith Reigns - See Kenneth (rolled the same number twice in a row. Decided to make a tag team)

Jessica Wesley - A young Australian flier.

Every year end, I will generate 2 more workers.

Every size increase I will generate a random number of workers (six sided die.)

I must keep as many of the generated workers on my roster as possible, even if it means a brand split.

If I get poached and do not fit the "roster penalty" I may generate another worker(s) to fulfill the required minimum.

Im also allowing myself a shortlist of SIX default c-verse wrestlers of which im allowed to sign... possibly +1'ing the shortlist size for size increases.

(Tamara, Findlay, Narato, Gilmore, Steve Flash, Ricky Decolt)

(Reasons: 1-4, 6. All favorites of mine. 5: Only one of my starting workers has enough psychology to be of any use at the moment.)

I swear I'm cursed. I decided to play an ROH 2002 game because I hit a creative block with my World Class Wrestling game.

I crowned Christopher Daniels as the first ever ROH Champion after a 16 man tournament that lasted about two months. Two weeks after he wins the title, he signs a written contract with New Japan and I have to scramble and book an event to have him drop the belt to AJ Styles. Less than two weeks after AJ Wins the title, he's working a show for Jersey All Pro Wrestling and breaks his foot in a match with Trent Acid. So, now I'm championless...again. I was planning on having extremely long reigns and now I've had to hot shot a few times already. :(

So I've been running a new game as a deathmatch promotion, which got owned by deathmatch hater Bob Casey *sigh*...

I pretty much had slim pickings for signings, meaning my beginning roster consisted of the LWA. Viv Jacobs has been my first massive injury... ever... with a shattered elbow needing 13 months. I decided to try surgery, and that halved the time.

Jared Johnson is my current champion, I want to put the belt on Kamikaze Christian Vars as he's my best non-Avatar babyface by far (like I'm going to let Bob Casey have the belt).

It's pretty sucktastic, but that's fine, I'm just trying to see if I can actually make it last long enough to make it cost-effective. Pretty sure I won't, though.

Not far of Regional in my 0/0/0/0 game. On MrCanada's December data. Just hit Jan 2015. Signed Joshua Fatu (Jey Uso) when he reject WWE contract, had an idea signed Joe Anoa'i, Fatu was fairly over and my Champ wasn't doing so well so gave him the title with the help of Anoa'i. Then brought in Kishi to be the manager, signed Simm Snuka, and have Jimmy Uso on the way in, as he rejected WWE contract offer too. Running a typical Samoan invasion. (I know Simm Snuka isn't Samoan, but fit the Family Legacy gimmick.) Seems to be working match rating and angles are up because of it. They now hold the titles, with Fatu as World Champ and Anoa'i & Snuka as tag team Champs.

Their main competitors are Extreme Tiger, El Hijo De LA PARK, Hallowicked and Super Sky Team(La Sombra & Volador Jnr.

So I've been running a new game as a deathmatch promotion, which got owned by deathmatch hater Bob Casey *sigh*...

I pretty much had slim pickings for signings, meaning my beginning roster consisted of the LWA. Viv Jacobs has been my first massive injury... ever... with a shattered elbow needing 13 months. I decided to try surgery, and that halved the time.

Jared Johnson is my current champion, I want to put the belt on Kamikaze Christian Vars as he's my best non-Avatar babyface by far (like I'm going to let Bob Casey have the belt).

It's pretty sucktastic, but that's fine, I'm just trying to see if I can actually make it last long enough to make it cost-effective. Pretty sure I won't, though.

That's my Bob. Great locker room influence. Moldable into a road agent. But about as hardcore as a jelly bean. Love that your playing him as anti-hardcore heel. He tends to be the Sharpei ugly underface face for me.

Just wanted to point out that, without checking for context, I got very confused, since your brands are C-Verse characters.

So yea, apparently I do have an account on here after all. Huh.

Anyways, I'm playing as ZEN. Yea, ****ing ZEN. You know what's more awesome than ZEN? Nothing. Nothing at all. Maybe cocaine, but that's about it. Anyways, again, so while browsing that alt picture thread I came across a rather awesome looking Patriotic Fox Mask picture. And being the creative and intelligent dog I am, I decided that the picture would perfect for my new Anti-Australian Propaganda Spewing Racist characters that I'm debuting. So yea, I then put the mask on Bucky Stark and named him "American Fox", which is obviously the greatest name ever. Oh, and then I teamed him with Mark "All Australians Deserve To Die" Misery. YES.

Oh yea, and due to Super Zero and Vertigo being complete dicks to me for the past 6 years I've decided to have them be repeatedly murdered by Maurice Jackson.

Playing a Road to Glory Game. Started out as RMW with Rex Reeves as owner, signed a nice bunch of young cheap talents (Davis Wayne Newton and Ant-Man as the best of the bunch) and I'm running a simple Canada versus America angle + Ant-Man versus Evil Spirit. It's been sort of fun for the first two months, so my patience is wearing thing with Xavier (Reckless) and June Butler, who both started problems in the backstage area. I'm more annoyed with Xavier, because he started out rather decently stats wise in this mod, and I really want to give him a push as the champ when Newton inevitably gets poached.

But he's such a d**k.

Playing a Road to Glory Game. Started out as RMW with Rex Reeves as owner, signed a nice bunch of young cheap talents (Davis Wayne Newton and Ant-Man as the best of the bunch) and I'm running a simple Canada versus America angle + Ant-Man versus Evil Spirit. It's been sort of fun for the first two months, so my patience is wearing thing with Xavier (Reckless) and June Butler, who both started problems in the backstage area. I'm more annoyed with Xavier, because he started out rather decently stats wise in this mod, and I really want to give him a push as the champ when Newton inevitably gets poached.

But he's such a d**k.

That sounds like Xavier. Personally I don't think he is worth the hassle. Keeping him can be fun though if you surround him with guys who aren't problems.

Playing the jhdVerse, having a blast with ILL! Just ran my first supercard (El Espectacular De Marzo), culminating in Leon de Oro overcoming the odds against El Gigante for the title, after nearly 3 months of getting brutalised. Green Demon and Sultan stole the show (of course), but their feud will continue after the Sultan held the tights - a Domo de la Muerte is set for the June supercard. Tezcatlipoca continued his phenomenal rise by taking down the clowns, Senor Millonario got revenge on El Vikingo for throwing his employment offer back in his face, and Luzbel's mysterious reign took him to a win over Camaleon.

JPEW April 2012

Roster:

Akio Hiranuma (regen) is being pushed slowly as he is a positive backstage influence with good menace (aswell as 90 basics) and is only 19.

Capitao Brasil Jr was getting a decent push last year towards a World title reign but then i signed Nicolas Lopez and he has fallen back down to the midcard.

Dynamite Narahashi like Brasil was getting a push but rather poor match grades ended his push.

Fox Mask, this time last year was an opener but i pushed him to the main event and within 5 years he should have won the World Title, waiting for his psychology to reach B- before i put the strap on him.

Iwahara (regen) ok skills and only 19, (debuted at 17) he got an instant push but being a dick backstage ended that and now he is a jobber.

Kenzo Oishi (regen) slightly worse skills than Iwahara but a slightly better behaviour record, still a pain backstage he often teams with Iwahara in losing squash matches.

Lion Genji the former World Champion has fell down the card rather quickly but I plan on putting the strap back on him when his skills improve.

Marcos Flores just signed and has already put on very good matches with Nicolas Lopez & Takayuki Kawazawa, probably will stay in the midcard to build up other talents performance skills.

Musashi was in my main event two years ago but he is now opening shows but i want to build him up for when i eventually bring in a secondary title, has good chemistry with several main eventers.

Nicolas Lopez, the World Champion won the title in under half a year and has had JPEW's greatest match against Kawazawa (87 rating), Lopez will lose the title soon as he is a real pain backstage having problems very often.

Nigel Svensson a definite future champion has been sitting in the border to the main event for a couple of years and soon i will pull the trigger on his push towards the title, maybe late 2013/early 2014.

SATO, hired this guy thinking he had very good potential giving him a strong push but meh grades have meant he has slotted in the midcard.

Sunburst my Rey Mysterio, was initially nothing special but being Lopez's protege made me give him a push and Sunburst by the time he is 30 he should have won the World Championship (he is 21 now).

Takayuki Kawazawa, the only 2 time World Champion and can pull a good/great match out of anyone on the roster with his average rating being a B-/72 and his best a B+/87 he will be the World Champion many more times.

Just made Grey Stone Dojo so i should be getting new talents in soon.

Guest KingOfKings

Playing as 21CW for the first time, I have a few interesting things going on.

First, Joss Thompson proved he was better than his former tag partner Leo Price by offering him a shot at the 21CW World Title on the first best of British wrestling show of the year. He promptly handled Price and retained his title.

However, after the match, Jonathan Faust came out and attacked Joss Thompson, making his intentions know that he wanted a shot at the title at the upcoming Cage Wars PPV.

Fast forward to the PPV and Thompson retains his title in a brutal 30 minute cage match that was one of the best in the promotions history.

On the next BOBW, Faust knew he couldn't take down Thompson alone, so he formed his stable, his cult as he called them, Fausts Followers. His group consisted of himself, the tag champs Jay B and Buff Martinez and Nightmare.

After a match with Kevin Jones, Joss was attacked by the stable, only to be rescued by his former foe, Adam Matravers. As the weeks passed toward WW3, Adam and Joss battled Faust and his followers, until Joss realized that he would not get rid of them unless he gave Faust another title shot.

On to World War 3, Joss Thompson and Jonathan Faust have an outstanding Ladder match for the 21CW World Title, and Joss Thompson retains, completing his 2 year reign as champion. In the main event, Adam Matrevars won a 20 man battle royal crowning him the number 1 contender at next months PPV.

Even though Joss had retained his title against Faust at WW3, he was still a thorn in his side. And, even though Matravers and Thompson would be opponents at the next PPV, they were determined to work together to get rid of this cult. As a measure of revenge, they cost Jay B and Buff Martinez the tag titles against 21CWs hottest new tag team, Rick Storm and Rolling Johnny Stones.

On to the next PPV and Adam Matravers has a chance to win his second world title. Which he does after a distraction from Jonathan Faust against Joss Thompson. Matravers reluctantly picks up the pinfall, never taking his eyes away from Faust who looks pleased with his doing.

In other news, Edward Cornell is the 21CW UK Champion..

National Wrestling School graduate War Machine is on a rampage. Dismantling anyone who gets in his way, he's quickly becoming one of the most popular and feared workers in the UK..

21CW is fun as hell, a bit upset iv'e just now discovered this promotion.

Playing as 21CW for the first time, I have a few interesting things going on.

First, Joss Thompson proved he was better than his former tag partner Leo Price by offering him a shot at the 21CW World Title on the first best of British wrestling show of the year. He promptly handled Price and retained his title.

However, after the match, Jonathan Faust came out and attacked Joss Thompson, making his intentions know that he wanted a shot at the title at the upcoming Cage Wars PPV.

Fast forward to the PPV and Thompson retains his title in a brutal 30 minute cage match that was one of the best in the promotions history.

On the next BOBW, Faust knew he couldn't take down Thompson alone, so he formed his stable, his cult as he called them, Fausts Followers. His group consisted of himself, the tag champs Jay B and Buff Martinez and Nightmare.

After a match with Kevin Jones, Joss was attacked by the stable, only to be rescued by his former foe, Adam Matravers. As the weeks passed toward WW3, Adam and Joss battled Faust and his followers, until Joss realized that he would not get rid of them unless he gave Faust another title shot.

On to World War 3, Joss Thompson and Jonathan Faust have an outstanding Ladder match for the 21CW World Title, and Joss Thompson retains, completing his 2 year reign as champion. In the main event, Adam Matrevars won a 20 man battle royal crowning him the number 1 contender at next months PPV.

Even though Joss had retained his title against Faust at WW3, he was still a thorn in his side. And, even though Matravers and Thompson would be opponents at the next PPV, they were determined to work together to get rid of this cult. As a measure of revenge, they cost Jay B and Buff Martinez the tag titles against 21CWs hottest new tag team, Rick Storm and Rolling Johnny Stones.

On to the next PPV and Adam Matravers has a chance to win his second world title. Which he does after a distraction from Jonathan Faust against Joss Thompson. Matravers reluctantly picks up the pinfall, never taking his eyes away from Faust who looks pleased with his doing.

In other news, Edward Cornell is the 21CW UK Champion..

National Wrestling School graduate War Machine is on a rampage. Dismantling anyone who gets in his way, he's quickly becoming one of the most popular and feared workers in the UK..

21CW is fun as hell, a bit upset iv'e just now discovered this promotion.

Ao you bought a new license, i see. I believe it was you who gave yours to Jaysin more than a year ago, right? :D

Making some headway with PSW which for me is the hardest company to play in the game.

alot of names have changed

Our main guys are

Jack Avatar who is feuding with Frankie Future

Tank Bradley is feuding with Dead Bolt

The Wolverine is feuding with Ash Campbell

Nelsum Callum, Ekuma, the good ole boys round out the midcard

Richie Riggins, Jebediah, Running Wolf, Antman and Zachary Inc make up the job squad

Still have Mitch Naess and Doc Messing RM Stones but Reese Paige had to take over road agent duties.

our popuarlity in tristate is 65 and we can make money on every event

Nobody on the roster is really that good besides Jack Avatar

The Jack Avatar vs Deadbolt Deathmatch is a staple and Zachary Inc also will fight in deathmatches so that is good.

I focused my time building up guys i thought may not get stolen and jobbed Braun and Martin who normally are main eventers for me.

Tank Bradley is up to 66 performance rating The Wolverine 72 Frankie Future 70 Dead Bolt 71 Ash Campbell 67 and Nelson Callum 70

we have a long way to go and not sure if we will be able to keep Ash and Nelson hidden for much longer as they keep getting autopushed higher up the card even though neither has ever won any matches.

all in all i am enjoying PSW although i am not sure if i will be able to get a tv show or ppv to get to national

CZCW: I'm going full force to push Jake Idol as The Idol, a Miz-like snakey heel. My main event scene now consists of my last two dominant champs Marc Speed and Masked Cougar, three 'Zone Lifers' Mikey James, Insane Machine and The Idol (even though James had a stint in TCW), two SWF cast offs Akima Brave (hot off his half year long and most successful since Masked Cougar Xtreme Title run) and Zimmy Bumfhole, and Darryl Devine (He was unemployed, and I had my best of the Indys show where I hire a bunch of unemployed on short term deals. He impressed into the main show, then the main event.) Idol's been jobbing up the main event scene, and I feel like his title run may be only a year away, which excites me. I just don't know who should take the belt off Cougar (if anyone at all) until then.

Undercard has some excitement to it as Brendon Idol, Jackpot Jordan (who is still being punished for refusing to resigning but is still doing well), Justin Sensitive and Bruiser Bailey (Robert Oxford regen) all hanging with Sparrow, Donnie, Charles Natural (Avatar) and Mooooooose.

Acid II is a great prospect and may be our next Xtreme champ after a bit of a trial run.

Using a 1987 real world mod.. I want to say it's no holds barred but not even sure.

Started my own promotion from local.

I'm on the cusp of hitting cult..will probably hit it within the next 5 shows or so, which will be around the end of 1990. This is the best I've ever done. I've 'helped' myself a little bit with working agreements and by picking 5-6 of my top guys to be loyal to me, but it's still a grind either way.

Tri-State Wrestling Alliance...

Titles:

Tri-State Cup, January annual. 1998: Marty Jannetty, 1989: Rick Rude, 1990: Dave Finlay. 1991 might be the year of either Brian Pillman or Eddie Gilbert..I'm not sure.

TSWA Tri-State (100,ME) Currently held by Dory Funk Jr. He is a 4-time champ, 1 shy of Rick Rude's 5-time reign record. Only defended in Tri-State.

TSWA Great Lakes (84, ME) Est. June 1990, only held by Samu, Mark Callous, & current champion Rick Rude. Only defended in Great Lakes.

TSWA New England (85, ME) Est. September 1990. Only held by Bruiser Brody & current champ Mark Callous. Brody's reign lasted 1 week as he vacated it after leaving TSWA following a negotiation breakdown.

TSWA Tag Team (70, midcard) Est. June 1988. Held by 2-time champs Sid Vicious & Eddie Gilbert. Sid & Eddie tie two other teams for their 2-time reign record: El Texano/Silver King & Mil Marscaras/Chavo Guerrero Jr have both held the belts twice each as well.

TSWA Beat the Champ (62, floating) Current champ: Eddie Gilbert. This belt is often forgotten because I drive my shows by building the main event stars, but this--along with the TSWA Cup--are sometimes a launchpad for main event status. Rick Steiner & Marty Jannetty have both held it twice since its January 1988 creation. It's also used as a contract fulfillment and doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's been held by a variety of stars including Keiji Mutoh, Vader, Eddie Guerrero, Rikishi, Rick Rude, and Silver King.

Currently I have a 68 importance in Tri-State, 40 in Great Lakes, and 34 in New England. I run weekly shows and 4 'big shows' a year. Currently only doing Tri-State shows about once a month and I'm running New England weekly. I built up Great Lakes enough to get a TV show (after Tri-State got me a decent spillover bonus) and I'm broadcasting it FROM New England so I can boost two locations at once.

Got 3.5 mil in the bank so I'm hoping I'll be ok.

Roster is as follows:

Main eventers: Mark Callous, Bam Bam Bigelow, Rick Rude, Mil Mascaras, Sid Vicious

UMC: Fit Finlay, Samu, Hector Guerrero, Dory Funk Jr, Black Bart

Also I've got a brand split so I can get away with just using my main eventers abroad.

I really don't know what I'm going to do when I hit Cult.

Also, the plan eventually is to unify the titles (or drop them to floating/midcard regional belts) to create an American title. I won't have a 'world' title until I'm actually branching out into other countries. Will possibly have all of the titles merged in a clash of champions winner take all type of match, with the original Tri-State champion winning, so the original belt lineage stays.

Ever make a mistake that ends up panning out for the better in the long run? Yup.

Forgot to set the winners in a four way tag team match for the vacant belts because I was back and forth on who to give the nod, went away from the game and forgot that I hadn't set the winning team. So face team #1 (my second choice) The Solution won instead of heel team #1 Natural Storm (who I eventually decided on). However, having the faces as the champions has meant the tag team scene, from a storyline perspective, has developed far better and will work a lot better overall.

So... hurrah for mistakes?

Archived