What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pilgrim is my new main guy in my Local promotion, now Regional promotion. He won my yearly King Of the West tournament, and since the World Champion American Patriot was in the finals too, I put the World title on the line.

So, The Pilgrim is currently my King of the West tournament winner, my World Champion and my Internet Champion.

I'm going to have The Pilgrim claim to be the Undisputed Champion, as he holds both my World title and my Secondary title, and defend them as one.

Eventually the Internet title will be phased out in favour of a Television title becoming my new Secondary title.

Well, in the diary game, the stables were established. Now all that's left is to flesh them out (and avoid NWO-izing them) and then revealing the conflict between them. I'm also planning to devalue my tag titles (bleed some prestige off them) so my main eventers don't look to want to have them and so my current champs don't continue rocketing up the card.

Saving Grace is still world champion and probably will be for some time. I have a neat little storyline planned for the world title.

Olivia Diamond is the Shockwave champion, having "beaten" Kinuye Mushashibo. Basically, I needed Kin for another program (away from the title) and Olivia needed a reason to appear frequently.

The Canadiennes are the Twinstar champions but as I alluded to earlier, that may change soon.

HEART Saitoh won the Generation XX title in her debut PPV match in the promotion. I needed someone in her stable to have a title and I also needed to keep Lady Caramel (the former champion) at lower midcarder for a program with HEART.

I'm planning to debut several (like 6ish) non-wrestlers in various capacities to tie several storylines together (or give them a reason to overlap). Several of them are 'names' in various parts of the world so I chalk it up to the promotion actively trying to grow its audience in those areas. Gabriela Ortega is just the first one. If Adam Matravers signs with TCW, I'm taking full credit for him wanting to do so. ;)

I'm playing a 0/0/0 game, still at small level but slowly gaining in popularity. Snagged KC Glenn on a PPA agreement for pretty cheap (around $500 I think).

Best workers are

Jack (user avator)

Nigel Svensson

Jared Johnson (renamed him Double J)

Hired Burning EXILE on a short term agreement who then turned out to be a total pain, so didn't renew his contract.

Got Nigel Lopez, although he's a bit more expensive, so try not to use him on every show. Got a few mexican guys that are also a bit expensive, so I try and limit their involvement... product is based more on performance than popularity at the moment.

For those looking at how... passable... Terry Lambert has become, check the screenshots thread.

Anywhooo

APWF Roster circa 1980

Main Event:

Bill Popinowski (APWF Heavyweight champion)

Burt Selleck

The Brooklyn Punk (APWF Tag Team champion)

The Masked Patriot

Terry Lambert (APWF Tag Team champion)

The Minnesota Mauler

Marcus McKing

Upper Midcard:

Farmer Fran

Brutus McBride

Chief Two Eagles

Giant Grimsley

Kenzo Isozaki (APWF Tri-State champion)

Luis Montero

Cobra

Midcard:

Viper

Roper Williams

The Irish Republic Avenger

The Shaman

Cherokee Hawk

Terry Carmen

Rudolph Gray

Sheik Mustafa

The Stomper

Jacoby Jones

Lower Midcard:

Captain USA

The Mad Hungarian

Coyote #1

Eddie Powell

Lee Wright

Opener:

Coyote #2

Ben Michaelson

The Rev

Enhancement Talent:

The Aryan Barbarian

Ecw 2008

Well in my ECW game (also a diary),heres whats been happening so far.

-Paul Heyman and Logan Anthony (my user character) are co owners of the newly ressurected ECW. On the first show, Guilty as Charged, there were qualifying matches to see who would be eligable to go into the battle royal later that night, only to have it later that night the rules be "changed" that some wrestlers be "granted" a second chance, and be entered in the Battle Royal later that night.

-Antonio Banks (MVP) was one of those lucky individuals. He was defeated earlier that night by Finlay. Later on that night he was the final entrant in the battle royal, and made it all the way down to the final four. (where the rules stated, that the last four men, must be in a pinfall, one fall to a finish). The final four was RVD, Finlay, Banks and Tajiri (i beleive). RVD was the heavy favorite, but Banks came in and snuck in and took the match and the Heavyweight title hitting the "Spinesplitta" Tombstone Piledriver on Finlay. However the saga between Finlay and Banks would not end...

-Both RVD and Finlay would battle back and in the next coming weeks, while Banks had to face numerous challengers, to include Finlay, RVD, Sandman and Tommy Dreamer. Most of these matches were won under "devious" circumstances, especially with the addition with his new "manager" Teddy Long. At the next pay per view, Living Dangerously, we saw the ECW Championship change hands to Dave Finlay after he defeated Banks and RVD in a triple threat "Stairway to Hell' ladder Match.

-RVD has been having his own problems as of late, between like mentioned above, he also been having a "stalker" as of late. Hes been attacked twice last month in the backstage area, and no one know who it is.

-There was another tournament in the month after Guilty as Charged. There was (supposed) to been 16 men in the tournament, but only was 12 because Teddy Long made a deal with Paul Heyman. He would grant a Triple Threat for his client, Antonio Banks, if he let his newest signing in to the finals of that tournament, which Heyman agreed. The people who made it to the finals (the hard way) were Super Crazy, Chavo Guererro and newest signing Shane "The Hurricane" Helms. At the night of Living Dangerously it was none other than Elijah Burke (being known as "Rico Dinero"), who eventually stole the title being the first newly re-instated ECW Television champion.

-The Miz and Bryan Danielson have had a losing streak in ECW, but they faced each other at Guilty as Charged, but Miz would wind up "stealing" a victory, by giving a lowblow to Danielson and holding the tights. Well, Danielson didnt take that too well and wound up taking out the referee, and slowly is turning into "Taz"-like character.

-There was a fatal 4 way dance for the Tag Team titles at Guilty as Charged,where 3 established teams: The Backseat Boyz (Acid/Kashmere), Lords of the Ring (Dinsmore/Conway) and Rene Rougeau (Dupree) and Sylvan Grenier were beaten out by a tag team thrown together. 2 Cold Scorpio and Jerry Lynn, known as the "Rookie Legends". The next month the Legends would fued with Lords of the Ring, and would win a non title match from thier new manager, Don Callis aka Cyrus, but at Living Dangerously, The Legends would retain.

-EKMO (Umaga) was on a tear at Guilty as Charged, until he had to face a former ECW Star. SPIKE DUDLEY! Dudley almost beat EKMO at Guilty as Charged, but EKMO pulled out a victory destroying Spike with a "3S" (Samoan Sidewinder Slam aka Abyss's Black Hole Slam). Spike got revenge later that night by getting him eliminated by doing an Acid Drop on EKMO from the apron to the floor. Spike would later fight and fued with EKMO and wound up facing his tag team partner, KIMO as well, but at Living Dangerously in a Table Match, EKMO would once again be victorious when he did a SUPERBOMB off the top rope.

Thats whats going on in my diary/game.

This is gonna make DreamGoddessLindsey jealous...

Following my first show of 1980 with APWF (main evented by our BEST match to date, an A(94) rated bout between Terry Lambert and Chief Two Eagles), I saw a news article that my former favorite prospect in the company, Boriken Love Machine, was set to have his contract extended by OLLIE (who are National.)

Despite him not having any positive relationships with us backstage and my still being JUST shy of 7 million, I decided to try and snag him away anyways.

And you know what?

BLM is returning to APWF!!!

I just can't figure out why he chose me over OLLIE. He's more popular in Mexico, they're larger than me, I can't offer written contracts yet, he has no positive relationships with me (and no negative in OLLIE), our momentum is even, and they are more prestigious than me.

Yet, plain as day, in two weeks time Boriken Love Machine will be able to make his return to APWF. And just in time, too: got a few guys getting a bit too popular for my tastes, and I could use a couple midcardish faces beating them to put them back in their place...

A key month of action in my swf game, culminating with a few title changes at Under Control PPV (September).

The Supremacist Eric Eisen has finally lost his title after a 10 month reign since that pivotal Christmas Clash in 09. Rich Money is the new champ, courtesy of a huge distraction in the crowd... the appearance of Jack Bruce!! Has not been seen since that same fateful night in December, despite Christian Faith's attempts to find him 2 months ago. Now there he was standing and staring on the 2nd tier, which meant brown pants time for Eisen and his interference runners, which Money capitalised on.

Rich Money got his title shot by winning the battle royale the previous month and had been quietly preparing for the bout with 'the only one that understands him' Dawn. Eisen on the other hand was too busy scapegoating the recent Supremacy misfortunes on Remo after Emma Chase questioned Eric's handling of the arrival of Rocky Golden, Rick Law & Tony Rennie (Troy Tornado). Remo set out to prove Eric wrong and had been coaxing Angry Gilmore to join The Supremacy, which Faith got wind of and questioned Gilmore about, which then led to a slightly frostier relationship between the two. All this in the midst of Angry's face/face fued with Frehley... it all inevitably led to a 5-way match at the PPV involving Remo v Gilmore v Frehley v Brandon James v Tony Rennie, the latter two getting sucked into the story as the month progressed. The climax concluded with Supremacy members Runaway Train and Jay Chord seemingly interfering on behalf of Remo (who was trying to set up Gilmore to pin Frehley), but in actual fact it was Remo and Gilmore on the receiving end of the attack. Frehley pinned Gilmore to reveal the swerve as both he and Brandon James joined The Supremacy, while Remo was suddenly made face simply by being kicked out of The Supremacy! The already heel Brandon James joined after having enough of manager Carl Batch using him as muscle for the other 'lesser' clients - The Ring Generals and Shooter Sean Deeley.

Whilst all that was going on, Emma Chase remained strangely low-key throughout the month, often suspiciously quiet in angles. She'd hinted to Eric that he should worry more about the match v Rich Money, but he brushed it off saying he'll take care of him just like he did when defeating him back in February... Now that Eisen has lost the belt, the plan is for him to desperately turn to his darling Emma for help in getting his belt back. She'll in turn suggest there is not much she can do and her powers are limited and then the lightbulb will go off in his head to marry her so they can rule as 'King and Queen of Supreme', he'll get the title back and she'll get the power of an Eisen. The lightbulb will go off in the fans' heads too realising that Emma Chase only cares about power and not her insincere love of Eric. I've been planning the Eric/Emma marriage thing since before I began the game, so to finally get to a stage where my imprint on the swf is slowly taking shape is pretty good. This can lead to a potential brand split with my ever-expanding roster, Emma in charge of one and the Eisens on the other... early days, but plenty of big plans to ponder over.

Rick Law's policeman style enforcement role in the swf has struck a major hurdle in Vengeance. After multiple unprovoked assaults on various opponents, Law tried to have Vengeance suspended for a month. Vengeance of course was having none of it and after some nasty incidents along the way, Rick Law got a dq win at the PPV... which didnt really solve much. I'm going to have Vengeance do his trusty lights-out-appears trick and he'll steal Rick's baton, then come next PPV, it'll be hanging above the ring in a ladder match where the weapon is legal once attained.

In midcard action, The Amazing Bumfholes are the new tag champs after beating Clean n' Classy (Squeeky & Huntingdon), ending their 2 month fued and CnC's 6 month reign. While Joe Sexy spent most of the month rubbing off his overness on a host of backstage beauties, then having a generic Nth American title defence against Jay Chord.

On the Uprising b-show, two new belts were introduced with two 16-man tournaments announced. The Shooting Star title has been reactivated as a centrepoint for a cruiserweight division and a new SWF National title for the other lower/mid carders. The tournaments were identical, one 4-way match each week, with the winners going into a 4-way ladder match at the PPV. The Shooting Star strap was won by Gregory Black (I've yet to really push him higher than midcard, he's just been mulling around with Mainstream Hernandez as the 'Aces of Clubs' tag duo), defeating El Padre (Gino Monteiro), Jacob Jett and Acid. El Padre is my Nacho Libre masked priest from Mexico nervously making his way to the ring before every match. He was on the verge of victory until realising his worlds could collide with the attention a championship belt brings, so he panicked and did a runner! Cue a new storyline in the coming months. The inaugural National champ is Jimmy P Narley (James Prudence), he defeated John Greed, Shooter Sean Deeley & Wiley Steinway.

In other storylines, the Samoan stable has gained ascendancy after The Island Boys went over Out of Habitat (Lobster & Jungle Lord), ending the fued that also saw Sam Owen (Samoan Machine) beat Lobster in a singles encounter.They're now hovering just below the UM mark and ready to launch an assault on the tag straps and NA title.

Also, I've had some rotten luck with tag team chemistry. First, I brought in Marcos Flores and Nicolas Lopez as my super-lucha tag team, which flopped due to bad chem. Same happened with John Greed and Mimic, who were to form 'Uncultured'. I then brought up Atlas as Greed's partner to form Deception, same again! Then one I was looking forward to was jobbing down Jay Chord and Runaway Train as my Supremacy midcarders losing via dq often and getting pop back easy via stable support roles, I even had a great tag name for them... The Young & The Wreckless! Bad chemistry there too (discovered after stinking up my b-show main event)! and thats just the tag combos...

Another bit of bad luck involving TCW... I've got Cheetah Boy infatuated with his fellow animal character idol Lobster Warrior. I came up with an idea to have all the wierd animal-character rejects homing in around their icon Lobster Warrior to form a stable... with Fox Mask being a key player... no sooner had the idea sprung up, TCW signs him! Same story with Marc Speed (minus the animals), snapped up just as I'd decided to sign him.

Looking forward to finally using Jack Bruce in the upcoming months...

So WCW 2003...

Chris Benoit is on my main roster and an Upper Midcarder. I am considering jobbing him for the most part against guys who are in my uppermidcard and main event. May let him have a couple of Television Title runs over this year. I just don't have much room I feel for anymore main eventers.

My Main Event is Kurt Angle, Taz, Triple H, Sting, DDP, Booker T, Adam Edge, and Eddie Guerrero. I use Eddie with Chavo as a tag team a lot, and use Adam Edge with Christian Cage also as a tag team.

My tag team division is stacked! Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, and Los Guerreros. Jindrak & O'Haire are my tag team champions. Still have Kronik going strong and my random pairing of Animal & Rick Steiner. Then my jobber tag team is Brian Kendrick and Paul London.

I finally decided to play a game where I sign and push Valentine (who, I really like character-wise for some reason), and what happens after 5 months? Bam, drug overdose.

WTF mate?

Man, that must suck. :(

I'm lucky that I've never had anyone who is involved in any sort of long-term storyline die or get injured in any of my games.

Created a new game and I'm already hooked in a way I've never been hooked on a TEW game before.

I'm using Full Throttle Wrestling. I'm starting with them as a small sized company in the Mid South. I went into it with an idea to portray wrestling in a more innocent manner but with modern in ring work.

I have 2 years of storylines already mapped out and shockingly that makes booking much easier :p

The product is

Key: Comedy and Mainstream

Heavy: Traditional

Medium: Modern, Daredevil, and Lucha

First show: The Ecstacy of Gold...

The main event was The Ecstacy of Gold Battle Royal, a 20 man battle royal to crown the first ever FTW World Champion. Robbie Flame came out on top. But the celebration was short lived. Evil Inc hit the ring and won't allow Robbie Flame to leave the ring. Big Evil (The Big Problem) and Evil Ernie (Ernie Turner) make it perfectly clear that if Robbie Flame is to leave the ring he must fight Big Evil and put his newly won title on the line. Bulldozer Brandon Smith came out to protect Robbie Flame. Robbie doesn't fall for it and starts to leave the ring as Evil Ernie calls him "yellah" a switch goes off in Robbie's head and he fights Big Evil. Big Evil lays down a savage beating and takes the FTW World title.

2 weeks later: Enter Evil...

Robbie Flame wants a re-match but Evil Ernie says that Big Evil already has a long list of challengers and Robbie is last on the list. Later that night before his title defense Evil Ernie showers Big Evil with gifts and praise (vomit bags were handed out to the audience to help them through this angle). Finally, after this gag-show Big Evil's first challenger appears. Panda Mask II! It was a very quick bout.

2 weeks later: The Chase Begins...

Robbie Flame gains a measure of revenge when with the help of Princess Bubbles (Dharma Gregg) he is able to fool Evil Ernie into signing a contract for a one-on-one a match with Robbie. Robbie Flame beats the living hell out of Evil Ernie before Big Evil hits the ring and carries him to the back before it got too bad.

In 2 weeks: Put On Your Boots...

Robbie Flame and Bulldozer Brandon Smith will be tagging against Evil Ernie and Big Evil. If FlameDozer wins Robbie Flame gets a World title shot.

There's a few other storylines going on but I don't have the time to write them out at this time.

Champions

FTW World - Big Evil

FTW Tag Team - House Rules {$ammy The $hark and Dino Ca$ino}

FTW Six Man Scramble - The Destructive Three {Xavier Reckless, Super Sonic, and Fearless Blue}

Just made the move up to Regional! After the best show I've had to date with the best main event I've had to date. It was perfectly timed as it just happened to be the night I finished the first chapter of my storylines.

Put On Your Boots

Robbie Flame and Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Evil Inc. ended in a draw after all four men were counted out in a wild battle. That could only mean one thing for the rematch...Robbie Flame and Bulldozer vs Evil Inc in a STEEL CAGE!

Caged Fury

This time Robbie Flame and Bulldozer Brandon Smith are able to pull out the victory and give Robbie Flame his well deserved title shot.

Spring Showdown

Robbie Flame regains the FTW World title pinning Big Evil after a wild battle involving half the roster interfering.

The End Of Evil Inc?

Evil Inc threatens violence on wrestling legend The Stomper and unless they get a rematch. Bulldozer Brandon Smith steps in and challenges Big Evil to a match, if Big Evil wins he gets his title shot. His only title shot. Big Evil pulls out the win in a very hardfought bout.

Chains of Pain

Big Evil vs Robbie Flame in a Chains of Pain Match. No one is allowed by ring side or they will be fired. In the match of the night and the best match in FTW history Robbie Flame wins the match. While he celebrates in the ring Evil Ernie leaves with the ominous words that even in defeat, Evil always wins.

Champions

FTW World - Robbie Flame

FTW Tag Team - The Pretty Boys {Rafael and Richie Riggins}

FTW Six Man Scramble - The Destructive Three {Xavier Reckless, Super Sonic, and Fearless Blue}

I'm not sure if this is the most genius or the most wrestlecrap thing I've ever come up with... I've had Hugh De Aske on my roster for almost a year now and have been trying to decide what to do with him. Had considered pairing him up with a tag partner or perhaps some kind of wench... maybe even giving him a little stable to run my own little pirate ship... in the end, I found the perfect person to team him up with that can satisfy all of those criteria at the same time. Ladies and gentlemen, I present the team of Hugh De Aske and Vikki Victoria, known together as... Rum & C*ck!

Which might get changed to "The Skeleton Crew", which is my backup name for them given the situation of how they came about. Now just to see if I can look at myself in the mirror for coming up with this... :p

That's a terrible name.

Started a new SWF game. 1st show, The Pain Alliance defeated The Biggz Boys to get a shot at Valiant & Giedroyc at the PPV for the tag straps. Great.

But then, just before my 2nd show, BSS gets caught with steroids. The story leaks in the media and my prestige takes a hit. I like BSS, so, I thought I'd read him the 'Riot Act'. He didn't like that and stormed out. I don't take any **** so I've fired him. He's still available to use on the 2nd show so I'm going to have him face Giedroyc and lose in a total squash match. After the match, Laramee turns on BSS and destroys him with a steel chair, sending BSS out of the company in an 'injury' angle.

Going into the PPV, Laramee still has his title shot but I'm not sure how I'm going to play it out. I might have Laramee say he'll reveal his partner at the PPV but then at the PPV he turns up alone, saying his partner is 'running late' and he'll start the match alone then have either Valiant or Giedroyc turn and team up with Laramee to win the titles. Or, I might just debut somebody new.

Big Smack Scott never lasts for more than 2 months with me in every SWF game I play.

I'd have liked to have pushed him. If I'd have drug tested him and it came back positive and he stormed out on me I'd have been able to handle it. But, when his antics are damaging the profile of the company it's too much. Not that USPW will be complaining, they'll probably pick him up sometime soon.

A wrestler on roids? no way?!?

I dont see the fuss over BSS. In my experience the SWF locker room is very easy to keep at 100% even with negative backstage rules, so he gets a slap on the wrist every time.

Maybe when I cop a prestige hit my opinion will change, but I still dont think I'll sack him... or strip the strap off his waist.

A wrestler on roids? no way?!?

I dont see the fuss over BSS. In my experience the SWF locker room is very easy to keep at 100% even with negative backstage rules, so he gets a slap on the wrist every time.

Maybe when I cop a prestige hit my opinion will change, but I still dont think I'll sack him... or strip the strap off his waist.

He's hardly their top star, though. If that was the case then maybe I could've let it slide. If this was WWE and John Cena got caught and caused my prestige to take a hit I'd have have used that to my advantage and turned Cena heel.

That's what I was about to post, UK. If he was a major talent worth the headaches, it might be different. If he only had one issue, he might be worth it. If he wasn't actually an outright liability in the ring.. or if his team with Laremee had A* experience... or if he had more than good Star Quality and decent Charisma...

He's a poisonous presense in the locker room and he's going to continually test positive. Either you do away with testing and let him act out, or you control things.

Why fire BSS? In APWF my top draw and owner, Terry Lambert, and my current champion, Bill Popinowski, spend the vast majority of their time discussing, and using, steroids together. They make a good ol' party of it... throw on some Stooges and just get freakin' JACKED after juicin' up. It's really quite the sight to behold, and I wouldn't want my company any other way.

And shucks, Popinowski keeps telling me he'll try harder to no get caught in the future... one of these days I'm sure he'll find just the right masking agent to elude our tests!!!

That said, BSS adds a fun element to SWF. I fired him once in 2008 (for beating up Skull DeBones backstage, likely due to a bout of roid rage), and I regretted it. He provides a challenge to SWF, both in booking him and dealing with extracurricular shenanigans, and I have a hard time passing that up.

Then again, this is from the guy who has spent over 3/4ths of the last two years with an undertalented roid-freak as their champion (Lambert for over a year, Popinowski has held it for almost half a year.)

Shockingly, I got better results out of them then I ever did from Wild Man Sullivan, the one non-roided guy to hold the belt since Terry's first reign of awesome.

Speaking of which... Terry Lambert currently has yet to put on lower than an A match in the 1980s. Sure, we've only held three shows and he only wrestled on two of them, but the point remains: Terry Lambert is currently the top wrestler of the 1980s!

Just started a KCCW game. Time to push Billy Robinson to my hearts content.

Especially seeing as he has The Assassin's Guild and Bad News Bruno behind him and the lovely Aurora beside him, I think it is evident he is my crown jewel.

In other news, Chris Lister is fighting against the regime of Robinson. To no avail. I might get Jase Cole, Jon Michael Sharp and Michael Heath to help him.

Also, my big opening show ruined by bad chemistry. Not between workers but between Manny Morhan and Tyler Baker. Curses on their commentary headsets!

My first game in Japan looks to be in jeopardy. I'm playing as QUEST in the 70s mod and I probably hit Cult way too soon (April 78). I'm only at C- in Kinki with 1.5M in the bank. While running my regular touring schedule, I lost 70k in my first month at Cult. So yeah, that doesn't look good. I'll try to cut the Chubu show next month and go with an extra Kinki event to see it really makes a difference.

Oh and by the way, Othello Dawson is da man. I don't think he has any pop in Japan at the beginning, so it's a work in progress to get him up the card, but with his awesome performance and technical skills, he can get a decent match out of a potato bag. When I put him against good opponents, we're talking B- range matchs on a consistent basis.

decided to give WIW another go from the 70's mod, doing okay, enjoy doing a monthly show

so far the main feuds have been between brothers Makaio and Ioei, over the Hawaiian Heavyweight, and introduced the Queen of Hawaiian wrestling as well as a felt a few lady wrestlers could spice up my show,

other feuds include

the monster feud between Alais'Tua and Takanofuji, as they dominate other wrestlers to try and prove who is the best

and i hired Vandemar no idea why, but he's on a winning streak dominating and destroying my openers every month

Archived