The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

<p>Cary Silken: Resetting the Button</p><p> </p><p>

Source: Unidentified...original poster failed to provide a link</p><p> </p><p>

Because his top talent often gets raided by the nation's two largest pro-wrestling companies (World Wrestling Entertainment and TNA Wrestling), Silkin's Ring of Honor is regularly forced to change headliners. The reset button was pushed once again at last Saturday's "Glory by Honor IX" Internet pay-per-view show held in New York City.</p><p> </p><p>

Roderick Strong became the new ROH world champion by defeating Tyler Black, who recently signed with WWE. Black hopes to follow in the footsteps of Daniel Bryan, who parlayed his ROH success into a prominent WWE role.</p><p> </p><p>

Like Bryan, TNA performers Desmond Wolfe and Generation Me also have left within the past year in search of more fame and fortune than a grass-roots company like ROH can provide. Silkin has accepted that these kinds of departures are inevitable. ROH compensates for its deficiencies through a quality in-ring product without cheesy storylines or high production values like another Philadelphia-based company did in the 1990s -- Extreme Championship Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

"You almost get used to it," the ROH owner said Tuesday night in a telephone interview. "You're never happy about it, but it's the nature of the business. People come and go and new stars are born. It's just part of the whole process."</p><p> </p><p>

Black is a prime example. After spending almost three years on ROH undercards, the 24-year-old Black (real name: Colby Lopez) took advantage of his big break when Bryan and Wolfe exited.</p><p> </p><p>

Silkin remembers when Black arrived at the ROH training school in 2004 as "this skinny kid who wouldn't even look you in the face. He was very nervous. He came with a friend from Iowa. They weren't prepared at all. Tyler didn't have money, a job or a place to stay. He had to quickly go back home.</p><p> </p><p>

"He started making waves working for smaller companies and finally got a shot with us. He was not an overnight success, but Tyler worked so hard. The guy lives and breathes wrestling. His rise was really beautiful.</p><p> </p><p>

"See him leave gives me very mixed emotions. I'm really sad to lose his talent. Yet on the other side, I'm wishing him the best and hoping he becomes a big star."</p><p> </p><p>

While establishing new headliners isn't easy, Silkin is starting to reap some of the benefits from having developed top-flight talent in the past. Christopher Daniels and Homicide (Nelson Erazo) are now back in ROH as bigger stars following their TNA release.</p><p> </p><p>

Silkin described the return of Daniels and Homicide as "a gift from the gods" in light of Black's exodus. Silkin also should continue to benefit from the constant roster-shuffling in WWE and TNA. For example, he was able to sign ex-WWE stars Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin for a match against ROH tag-team champions Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero at "Bound for Glory IX." The bout drew such raves that Silkin says he will try to book a rematch.</p><p> </p><p>

"It could happen where there are too many guys available," said Silkin, who has owned ROH since 2004. "There's no lifetime guarantee in any of these companies. Guys grow out of favor or they want to move on and so forth."</p><p> </p><p>

ROH is moving forward with a different matchmaker (Hunter "Delirious" Johnston is replacing Adam Pearce) and a working relationship with Ohio Valley Wrestling, which was once the top WWE developmental territory, based in Louisville, Ky. Other changes may be coming to ROH's weekly Monday-night television shows on HD-NET. Silkin said there is the possibility of more exposure on the network -- including a live special in 2011 -- and a revamped taping schedule that wouldn't leave so much lag time between air dates.</p><p> </p><p>

ROH also plans to continue Internet pay-per-view shows, with "Final Battle 2010" as its next offering, on Dec. 18. Silkin said "Bound for Glory IX" should finish with roughly 2,000 orders at $14.95 apiece after replays at gofightlive.com.</p><p> </p><p>

That tally is a fraction of what WWE pay-per-views garner through traditional cable and satellite outlets. But the fact that "Bound for Glory IX" was ROH's most successful Internet offering has Silkin encouraged that there is room for growth.</p><p> </p><p>

"Our numbers are not going to knock anyone over, but we're building," Silkin said. "These shows are not very expensive for us to produce. It's a good opportunity for fans to see a live Ring of Honor show, too."</p><p> </p><p>

The key for ROH's long-term success is expanding its popularity beyond a demanding hard-core fan base. Being featured in the award-winning movie "The Wrestler" provided mainstream exposure, but ROH still isn't a household name. WWE and TNA also have to deal with the stagnation in pro wrestling's popularity, especially with a significant decline in pay-per-view sales.</p><p> </p><p>

"We've basically hit the wall," Silkin admits. "There are a certain amount of fans who look at wrestling-related websites. The rest of the world watches WWE, probably not even TNA, and once in a while goes to a show. They don't really care about other wrestling and are not even aware of it. We're trying to reach those people.</p><p> </p><p>

"As HD-NET grows, we hope to have that opportunity. I've always said that anyone who likes wrestling a little bit and sees Ring of Honor is going to love it. Now we have to get the word out."</p>

Silkin described the return of Daniels and Homicide as "a gift from the gods" in light of Black's exodus. Silkin also should continue to benefit from the constant roster-shuffling in WWE and TNA. For example, he was able to sign ex-WWE stars Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin for a match against ROH tag-team champions Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero at "Bound for Glory IX." The bout drew such raves that Silkin says he will try to book a rematch.

ROH also plans to continue Internet pay-per-view shows, with "Final Battle 2010" as its next offering, on Dec. 18. Silkin said "Bound for Glory IX" should finish with roughly 2,000 orders at $14.95 apiece after replays at gofightlive.com.

That tally is a fraction of what WWE pay-per-views garner through traditional cable and satellite outlets. But the fact that "Bound for Glory IX" was ROH's most successful Internet offering has Silkin encouraged that there is room for growth.

:mad: Just a bit unproffesional.

I didn't even noticed it 1234 until you bolded and underlined it for emphasis.

Glory by Honor has a tad bit similarity to TNA PPV in October. Whoever wrote up that article, hopefully does a better reviewing than i did. Good catch.

======

Title: Gabe coming back to ROH?

Since I've been asked this a lot in the last two weeks, there was no communication between ROH and Gabe Sapolsky regarding Sapolsky coming back into the company. I believe the idea was brought up internally at one point, but there is a lot of water under that bridge from all sides and while I wouldn't say it couldn't ever happen, it's going to take a lot of time and work for that scenario to ever come true. Hunter Johnston has been getting good marks from the wrestlers thus far in his tenure as booker.

From PWInsider.

Source: Today's Buy or Sell column from 411mania.com (A great column that deal with hot topics in Indy wrestling)

Buy or Sell: With the main event announced, Roderick Strong will not walk out of Final Battle 2010 as Ring of Honor World Champion.

Kevin Ford : BUY. Davey's the guy the company has been galvanizing around for the past year or so now. He's got to walk out of FB 2010 with the belt. I hate to think that the ROH title will be passed again in three months, but at the same time Davey is recognized by many as THE best guy in ROH. And hey, the best guy deserves the major singles title. I think it's the right call.

Ryan Byers: BUY. At least I really, strongly (pun intended) hope that he will not walk out of Final Battle as the champion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these guys knocking Roddy's reign before it gets rolling. However, Ring of Honor has, in my opinion, developed the very bad habit of pulling the trigger too late with putting the title on its most popular babyfaces. I think it's virtually undisputed that the promotion waited too long to make Tyler Black champion. I would argue that almost the same thing happened with Nigel McGuinness. Hell, even Strong himself was over on a championship level in 2005 but got bypassed then and is just now winning the title for the first time in 2010 when he's a significantly less popular act (and I don't just mean that because he's a heel). Ring of Honor cannot afford to make the same mistake once again with Davey Richards. I cannot think of a single fan of the promotion who I know that does NOT want Richards to have the strap after Final Battle. The title change needs to occur, otherwise the promotion has blown it big time. That comment has nothing to do with Roderick Strong as champion, though, and has everything to do with Davey Richards as his challenger.

So whatcha think ROHbots? Davey Vs Roddy at FB; whose gonna come away with the title? Davey Richards has just so much momentum behind him right now but at the same time Strong just won the title and ROH oh so rarely does quick title changes.

Source: Today's Buy or Sell column from 411mania.com (A great column that deal with hot topics in Indy wrestling)

Buy or Sell: With the main event announced, Roderick Strong will not walk out of Final Battle 2010 as Ring of Honor World Champion.

Kevin Ford : BUY. Davey's the guy the company has been galvanizing around for the past year or so now. He's got to walk out of FB 2010 with the belt. I hate to think that the ROH title will be passed again in three months, but at the same time Davey is recognized by many as THE best guy in ROH. And hey, the best guy deserves the major singles title. I think it's the right call.

Ryan Byers: BUY. At least I really, strongly (pun intended) hope that he will not walk out of Final Battle as the champion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these guys knocking Roddy's reign before it gets rolling. However, Ring of Honor has, in my opinion, developed the very bad habit of pulling the trigger too late with putting the title on its most popular babyfaces. I think it's virtually undisputed that the promotion waited too long to make Tyler Black champion. I would argue that almost the same thing happened with Nigel McGuinness. Hell, even Strong himself was over on a championship level in 2005 but got bypassed then and is just now winning the title for the first time in 2010 when he's a significantly less popular act (and I don't just mean that because he's a heel). Ring of Honor cannot afford to make the same mistake once again with Davey Richards. I cannot think of a single fan of the promotion who I know that does NOT want Richards to have the strap after Final Battle. The title change needs to occur, otherwise the promotion has blown it big time. That comment has nothing to do with Roderick Strong as champion, though, and has everything to do with Davey Richards as his challenger.

So whatcha think ROHbots? Davey Vs Roddy at FB; whose gonna come away with the title? Davey Richards has just so much momentum behind him right now but at the same time Strong just won the title and ROH oh so rarely does quick title changes.

I want Strong to walk out Champion, but I also dont want Davey to miss his chance, its a real no-win situation for me.

I think Roddys run has so much potential, Daniels already said he wants the first shot, Strong has to deal with 'Cide after he stole the spotlight, they need to build up Strong vs Richards so its more than just 2 great wrestlers put in the ring, and I really want to see Strong do a story with Aries (Aries claiming Strong was always second to Aries in Gen Next, and will always be second to "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived", leading to Aries trying to prove he is better by taking the belt (and maybe costing Roddy the belt at FB, which would be a solution to my who wins problem, giving Davey the belt but keeping Roddy strong (no pun intended) and keeping Strong vs Richards going as a story))

• 3 weeks later...

Austin Aries, Erick Stevens, The Dark City Fight Club and Necro Butcher have all been pulled from the ROH roster page. These were names previously rumored to be taking a "time out" from the company. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]

I'm going to give Delirious the benefit of the doubt here, he deserves a two month grace period at least to shape the roster to his own vision so while I enjoy the work of all those guys with the exception of Stevens, I understand if he's just not in a position where he can use them yet. I think DCFC were somewhat over but they haven't really been doing anything too heavy storyline wise nor were they challenging for the titles so a quick break might do them good in the long run. Necro was spinning wheels with the Embassy thing so a break should help his character. And AA...well, who knows.

Source PWI:

By Mike Johnson on 2010-10-06 16:04:29

In an update on former ROH champion's status with Ring of Honor, he is not currently signed to a contract as his previous deal has expired. There is a chance ROH will use him down the line, but he is currently free and clear to work anywhere without restrictions.

Hmm methinks a certain company might be (re)debuting some wrestlers soon.

Watched the last two episodes of RoH on HDNet yesterday. I have no idea why I don't watch this show every week. I mean, it's far from perfect, but given my recent 'boycott' (for want of a less hostile word) of WWE and TNA and subsequent experimentation with Indy wrestling... RoH fits.

I don't like the commentary team. Hogwood is what he is I guess. He's clearly into it, but he marks out at odd times and fails to put over big moments in the matches. My main problem is with Prazak playing 'heel'. As the younger voice, I'd wager most new fans would listen to him more than Hogwood when it comes to what's 'cool', and when he's on the heel's side all of the time, it seems counterproductive in terms of getting over babyfaces. He's also pretty bad at putting over the excitement of the match. Calling moves like it's snooker.

Loved what I saw of the American Wolves & Shane Hagadorn storyline. If Eddie Edwards could be a little less generic I think I could really get behind him. The Steve Corino/Kevin Steen partnership is really fun too. Steen doing play-by-play for Corino's match against 'Purple' was just my cup of tea. The matches were all good too. Nothing blowaway, but fine wrestling action.

Totally agree with Fallen Saint off the ROH board

On the ROHwrestling.com roster page, twenty-two active wrestlers are currently shown.

Two of them are women, which is a problem when only two of them are women. They’re sick of fighting each other, and fans are sick of watching them fight each other. We got a hint a while back that this could potentially change for one or two shows at a time, but no matter how many SHIMMER challenge matches we see on RoH shows, I always wonder how committed they really are to building a credible women’s division. (I’ve always gotten the feeling that, from RoH management’s perspective, the existence of SHIMMER means other promotions don’t need to do the work of building a women’s division, and only need to have women’s matches at all to give their sister promotion a bigger platform.)

Three are former students, none of whom has ever been booked in such a way as to make fans believe that the company has any conception of them as future stars, or even people we're meant to take seriously as competitors.

Two are older ECW veterans, one of whom hardly ever appears after his poorly-received World Title run and the other of whom hardly seems poised to become/remain a top-tier star once the hot angle he's currently involved with ends.

One of them -- arguably the best of them -- may have recently put an end to concerns that he'd be retiring at the end of this year, but the comments he made when said retirement was still looming should cause concerns about the long-term future (or lack thereof) he sees for himself in the business.

One -- one of the ones currently involved in the company’s hottest angle -- has a history of serious knee problems that could lead to, at the very least, an extended hiatus any time.

One is the current booker, and as such may be looking to reduce his presence on the shows.

One has made little secret of valuing his Japanese commitments over his North American ones, and is more of a special attraction than a full-time roster member at this point.

One was part of the first-ever RoH show and is currently 39 years old. He's as good as ever in the ring, and a World Title run for him would be welcome, but it's hard to pin many future hopes on a near-40-year-old.

Three are the Briscoes and Colt Cabana, who I personally wouldn’t care if I never saw again. They’re far staler than anyone who was recently removed (except maybe Necro), and I can’t for the life of me think of anything they could do at this point that would be interesting.

Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico, Eddie Edwards, Kenny King, and to a lesser extent Rhett Titus are all great guys to have on the roster. But with everything I just mentioned, it feels like they’re the only guys on the roster who seem to have the prospect of being key talents in RoH for the long haul. And even that’s no guarantee, since -- as "Seth Rollins" recently taught us the hard way -- high-profile indy workers are always in danger of being snapped up by a “big league” promotion.

I’m not saying the sky is falling on RoH, and I’m not saying they need to get back together with any former bookers or other companies. I’m just outlining the state of the roster as I see it, and what I see are problems that need bigger solutions than hiring a bunch of guys looking for their first “big break” in the independent wrestling world. (They may well be talented, and may even be future stars, but I think RoH needs guys who can bring something more than raw talent to the table right now.)

Make of this what you will.

I wouldn't call him 'stale' because I purposefully avoid anything he's in, but I don't like Colt Cabana. I should probably give him another chance at some point, but last year I watched a few of his post-WWE matches and thought they were absolutely terrible.

I hear they're bringing in Kyle O Reilly at some point. He's not someone I'd pick as a 'star' of anything, he's pretty generic looking, but I LOVED his match with TJP on Evolve 3. Kyle O Reilly is a name I'm excited to see on a card.

I totally disagree. Anyone who finds Colt Cabana stale but has no problem with Roderick Strong ain't no friend of mine.

Honestly I think Cabana has become stale since he came back from WWE. He isnt that fun anymore and is average in the ring.

I see where people are coming from that state Roddy is stale, because his character isnt brilliant, but he is great in the ring so I have no problem with him. I can also link this in to the Briscoe's, they are good in the ring but are stale to me because they have been the same for the last few years, and need something to make them fresh again. Atleast Roddy has joined up with Truth.

Honestly I think Cabana has become stale since he came back from WWE. He isnt that fun anymore and is average in the ring.

I see where people are coming from that state Roddy is stale, because his character isnt brilliant, but he is great in the ring so I have no problem with him. I can also link this in to the Briscoe's, they are good in the ring but are stale to me because they have been the same for the last few years, and need something to make them fresh again. Atleast Roddy has joined up with Truth.

I find Roddy so-so in the ring, I have no problem with him being there but there is just nothing to him and he blends into RoH too well. RoH has for a while now had a bit much of the medium sized, uncharismatic, Japanese influenced, serious technical wrestling short haired white guys. Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards are in the same boat for me. Decent enough in the ring that I don't hate them but they don't give me a reason to care about them.

I understand that I am just different from the average RoH fan though so it's more a matter of taste. I mean a lot of RoH fans also seem to eat up modern day Dragon Gate which I think is a horrible abomination of the beauty that was early Toryumon. RoH fans also seem to dislike Necro Butcher, Prince Nana etc who I am really into as they are something different and have characters.

I liked what Cabana was doing with Generico, Steen, Corino a while back but I never saw where that went as my access to RoH on HDNet kind of vanished for a while there. I agree he has been doing a lot of the same schtick for a while which people can get sick of, but I prefer old schtick to no schtick.

I find Roddy so-so in the ring, I have no problem with him being there but there is just nothing to him and he blends into RoH too well. RoH has for a while now had a bit much of the medium sized, uncharismatic, Japanese influenced, serious technical wrestling short haired white guys. Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards are in the same boat for me. Decent enough in the ring that I don't hate them but they don't give me a reason to care about them.

I understand that I am just different from the average RoH fan though so it's more a matter of taste. I mean a lot of RoH fans also seem to eat up modern day Dragon Gate which I think is a horrible abomination of the beauty that was early Toryumon. RoH fans also seem to dislike Necro Butcher, Prince Nana etc who I am really into as they are something different and have characters.

I liked what Cabana was doing with Generico, Steen, Corino a while back but I never saw where that went as my access to RoH on HDNet kind of vanished for a while there. I agree he has been doing a lot of the same schtick for a while which people can get sick of, but I prefer old schtick to no schtick.

I agree with you that ROH does have a type of wrestler they rely on, and I really like most of them but they need the other styles to compliment them. Thats why im annoyed at some of the releases (DCFC, Stevens and to a lesser extent Necro). DCFC offered something unique in the tag division and Stevens had great potential that was starting to be realised. Im one of the fans that hate Necro, im happy to say that, he is only good in a hardcore enviroment for me.

However I dont know any ROH fan that hates Nana, he has a great gimmick and plays it to perfection. I think some fans are annoyed the Embassy has never had its big chance to lead the promotion, but I have never seen nyone blame or hate Nana.

I didnt really see why Cabana joined in the Steen/Generico fued, I feel Lynn could have done a better job. It just felt like it was something to keep Cabana doing something after failing to beat Aries.

I also feel Stevens, Aries, DCFC or Butcher would really be needed after FB given the stipulation in a match that has been announced (wont spoil it for people who dont know, as it was announced during a HDNet taping).

Ring of Honor is proud to announce that Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, the World's Greatest Tag Team, have been signed to appear at the ROH on HDNet national television tapings in Louisville, Kentucky December 9th and 10th. The events, "ROH–TWO NIGHTS ONLY", will mark the first time ROH's TV program has been taped outside Philadelphia, and was selected for two nights in a row in Louisville because of the tremendous demand for seats at the July debut event.

Haas and Benjamin are both looking forward not only to returning to Ring of Honor, but to the city in which both of them lived and wrestled early in their careers. Shelton, in particular, underwent his first wrestling training in Louisville in 2000 with Ohio Valley Wrestling under ROH executive producer Jim Cornette and OVW Owner Danny Davis.

"I can't wait to come back to the Davis Arena", Shelton said, "because the Louisville fans and OVW are like home. In New York, the ROH fans took to Charlie and I like we'd been there all our lives. Mix them both and these will be two really big nights for us."

Charlie is equally as excited. "The ROH fans reignited my passion for wrestling, the passion I had when I was wrestling for Danny Davis in Kentucky and Les Thatcher in Ohio in developmental. We wouldn't miss the chance to come see those people again."

There are five other ROH stars appearing on those tapings that might have an interest in the appearance of the two men that many call The World's Greatest Tag Team–the current ROH Tag Team Champions the Kings of Wrestling with their manager Shane Hagadorn, and Mark & Jay, the Briscoe Brothers. All three of these teams have a claim to being the best tag team in wrestling, and many supporters to back them up. It'll be interesting to see all of them under the same roof, along with 25 other superstars and 12 big matches each night, at the home of OVW — The Davis Arena at 4400 Shepherdsville Road in Louisville.

A select number of VIP seats remain, as well as general admission, but we expect demand for tickets to exceed capacity on Thursday, December 9th and Friday December 10th, so please make your advance ticket orders if you are coming to avoid being left out. The Champions' Table package is still available for the December 9th event. You get two leather recliners with a table, on a riser less than 15 feet from the ring, comes complete with waittress service and all 2 can eat or drink from the concession stand all night, for only $150. To purchase the Champion's Table, you must call the office directly at (215) 781-2500. All other tickets are available to purchase at ROHWrestling.com.

Source: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/157253/Charlie-Haas-And-Shelton-Benjamin-Returning-To-ROH.htm

Interesting that WGTT has been announced for the TV tapings, but, as far as I know, not for Final Battle. I assumed that they'd be doing a WGTT/KOW rematch at FB, but that's already out the window with KOW & Hagadorn vs. The Briscoes & their daddy already announced. And seriously, why is this match even happening? I really enjoyed both of the KOW/Briscoes iPPV matches from this year, but I'd much rather see another KOW/WGTT match. The fact that Hagadorn & Papa Briscoe have been thrown in makes me even less interested.

Interesting that WGTT has been announced for the TV tapings, but, as far as I know, not for Final Battle. I assumed that they'd be doing a WGTT/KOW rematch at FB, but that's already out the window with KOW & Hagadorn vs. The Briscoes & their daddy already announced. And seriously, why is this match even happening? I really enjoyed both of the KOW/Briscoes iPPV matches from this year, but I'd much rather see another KOW/WGTT match. The fact that Hagadorn & Papa Briscoe have been thrown in makes me even less interested.

Don't quote me on this but I believe WGTT has prior commitments on the day of final battle. I apologize I have no link but I read it somewhere, I could be wrong but I do believe they have prior commitments. I would love to see a rematch though with KoW or against the American Wolves.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would share this with everyone on here. I went to the ROH show in Plymouth, MA. last night. Anyway, before the show my buddy and I went into a Papa Gino's near where the event was taking place (for you non-New Englanders Papa Gino's is a pizza place).

I order my food and I am standing off to the side. A few moments later in walks Steve Corino with Jay and Mark Briscoe. Papa Gino's was packed and it was only like an hour to go before showtime and so the food took forever to come out. Corino and I want to say Mark (thought I really could not tell) got their food but Jay did not. He was standing near the register pacing back and forth getting ticked that his food was not ready. Every minute or so he asked the cashier when it would be ready.

Finally, his food was done just as my buddy and were leaving, which was like ten minutes before the start of the show.:D Later on in the night Jay and Mark took on Steve Corino and Kevin Steen.:D My friend turned to me and said I am glad that the Briscoe Brothers and Steve Corino still believe in kayfabe.:D

Thought I would share this with everyone on here. I went to the ROH show in Plymouth, MA. last night. Anyway, before the show my buddy and I went into a Papa Gino's near where the event was taking place (for you non-New Englanders Papa Gino's is a pizza place).

I order my food and I am standing off to the side. A few moments later in walks Steve Corino with Jay and Mark Briscoe. Papa Gino's was packed and it was only like an hour to go before showtime and so the food took forever to come out. Corino and I want to say Mark (thought I really could not tell) got their food but Jay did not. He was standing near the register pacing back and forth getting ticked that his food was not ready. Every minute or so he asked the cashier when it would be ready.

Finally, his food was done just as my buddy and were leaving, which was like ten minutes before the start of the show.:D Later on in the night Jay and Mark took on Steve Corino and Kevin Steen.:D My friend turned to me and said I am glad that the Briscoe Brothers and Steve Corino still believe in kayfabe.:D

At least Corino wasn't hanging out with El Generico. :D

Anyone planning on ordering Final Battle? A friend and I talked about buying it and using a cable to watch it on his TV, like we did for GBH. I'm not sure if that's still happening, and if it doesn't, I don't think I'm going to pay $15 just to watch it on my laptop. Should be an interesting show, either way. I'd like to see Davey win the belt, but my gut feeling is Roderick is going to keep it. I also want Steen to win, because I don't want to see him leave. He's been awesome during this whole feud, and it would be a shame to lose him now. And he won't get "rehired" 3 weeks later like in other companies--if he loses, I don't doubt that he'll be gone for quite some time, if not for good.

At least Corino wasn't hanging out with El Generico. :D

Anyone planning on ordering Final Battle? A friend and I talked about buying it and using a cable to watch it on his TV, like we did for GBH. I'm not sure if that's still happening, and if it doesn't, I don't think I'm going to pay $15 just to watch it on my laptop. Should be an interesting show, either way. I'd like to see Davey win the belt, but my gut feeling is Roderick is going to keep it. I also want Steen to win, because I don't want to see him leave. He's been awesome during this whole feud, and it would be a shame to lose him now. And he won't get "rehired" 3 weeks later like in other companies--if he loses, I don't doubt that he'll be gone for quite some time, if not for good.

I thought about it but I have a hard time sitting at the computer and watching anything for any length of time. Which is odd because I can sit on the computer for hours on end and it does not bother me.

I am not sure about the Steen/Generico match. To me Generico is his mask. If he loses it, I think he will lose his luster (for lack of a better word). So I am up in the air with the outcome of that match.

I like the whole iPPV thing, but given the technical difficulties DGUSA had I'll probably get the replay. If I watch at all. I tend to struggle to enjoy ROH. Not entirely sure why. I'll scout around for the shallowest of reviews (no spoilers, just meh-good-awesome) and go from there.

Generico without his mask would be... I don't know. I wasn't a fan of him before, but after several PWG dvds and seeing him live in IPW:UK, I'm digging him. The mask is very important to that.

This is a great stipulation.

Unlike you guys, I'm from the UK and have had no problems ordering and watching my first RoH iPPV (my first wrestling PPV since WM19, in fact :o). There was a small hickup during DaizeeKong vs. SerenaDelRey, but let's face it... they picked the right match to screw up. ¬_¬

The opener (The All Night Express vs. Cole/O'Reilly) was pretty awesome, some great spots. Great way to open.

Cabana/TJP was excellent fun but way too short (or at least, way too abrupt. I was just getting into it, and it finished out of nowhere).

The wimminz match was ok. But like I said... technical difficulties.

Dutt/Edwards... meh. I don't mind Dutt, but Edwards is boring as all hell. I don't care how many times he's been injured and fought through it, I'd rather he didn't bother. ¬_¬ Not a bad match, though, considering it was the very definition of filler.

But hey... they've played Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames twice now during intervals, so.... that's a win. Oh, and TWGTT are officially part of RoH full-time. Big win! Especially if the Kings keep the belts for a bit. Kings vs. Haas/Benjamin... mmmmmm...

Second half is about to start.

Edit: GAH, they're playing the damn Steenerico hype video AGAIN. It's a fantastic video, but this is the THIRD time during the PPV. The second time being RIGHT BEFORE THE INTERVAL. Is that really necessary?

As far as predictions go... Daniels of course. Steen has to win, in my book. The Briscoes will win the six-man since hopefully they won't win the belts any time soon (nothing wrong with them in general, but Kings vs. WGTT >>>>> Briscoes vs WGTT for me personally).

And I don't really care who wins the title match as long as it's not Roderick ****ing Strong.

Edit: Spoiler-free, but Daniels is classy as all hell. "**** TNA!" chant starts during his entrance, and he silences it by starting an "RoH!" chant over the top of it. Everyone should be as awesome as Christopher Daniels. It was a decent match, too.

More spoiler-freeness: KoW vs. Briscoe Family was a VERY fun match. Enjoyed that immensely. Fantastic.

Who's Truth Martini, and why does he suck so very much?

Edit #5000: That's the first time for AGES I've been sucked into a false-finish. :-o This isn't a bad match...

HOLY****ING****I'MSORRYIWASMEANTOYOURODERICKPLEASEDON'THURTME! Srsly... ****ing... ouch.

I take it alllll back about Roderick Strong. That was pretty awesome actually.

As for the main event...

Wow.

As a match, it was meh. It was weird. To begin with I thought I was going to be massively disappointed. But as an event, a story, a spectacle.... maybe one of the best things I've seen in a wrestling ring. Epic feud, epic finale. Loved it, when all was said and done. Although any time either man lose a match again, they're going to look silly considering the amount of insane stuff they kicked out of tonight.

As a match, it was meh. As an event, a story a spectacle.... maybe the best thing I've seen in a wrestling ring. Epic feud, epic finale.

Very well put. Roddy/Davey was a better match, but Steen and Generico told a fantastic story. That was one of the greatest feuds I've ever seen, and the ending was perfect.

Maybe I'll post more on the show later, but for now, I'm drained. I definitely got my $7.50's worth...and then some.