The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Just really wanted to see JDS vs Reem. Possibly the first time that the 'Number 1 HW in the world' debate could be settled for good.

Well I agree with you somewhat. Unfortunately, with Reem getting yet another illegal substance accusation attached to him, his legacy will forever be tarnished. Is he really in a "number 1 in the world" conversation if he had to cheat?

I say yes, quite frankly, but we've had heated PED conversations that lead me to believe that tons of MMA fans already probably see him as less great now.

Brendan Schaub made a huge mistake in thinking that Rothwell was badly hurt.. If he had watched Big Ben fight before then he would've known that his chin is made of granite! Schaub should've stayed patient & just picked Rothwell apart with his speed.

Glad Big Ben won thought, he's tough as nails & seems like a cool guy.

Brendan Schaub made a huge mistake in thinking that Rothwell was badly hurt.. If he had watched Big Ben fight before then he would've known that his chin is made of granite! Schaub should've stayed patient & just picked Rothwell apart with his speed.

Glad Big Ben won thought, he's tough as nails & seems like a cool guy.

Schaub's made a mistake like that for a lot of fights, though. He just doesn't have the chin necessary to survive HW.

A few questions I have wondered today, see what your guys answer?

Is Jon Jones at Anderson Silva's level, where he is to good for his opponent and shows that in fights he should finish?

What happens to Hominick?

Does McDonald deserve a title shot?

As crazy as it may sound, i think Jones has surpassed Anderson & deserve's to be ranked ahead of him in the mythical P4P rankings. Silva has had an incredible run, but Jones has literally faced a murderer's row of opponents in his run as champion & dare i say it, he has done it with ease. I don't think Jones is unbeatable at 205, because nobody is unbeatable, but i think the true test of his talents will be when he makes the inevitable move up to heavyweight, because unlike at 205 where he literally looks like he's in a different weight class to some of those guys, Jones would look like a stick standing across the octagon from Dos Santos, Overeem or Mir.

I've no idea what they will do with Hominick, he's definitely not getting cut because he's an exciting fighter but will likely be on the prelims next. Long road back to the top for him though.

The winner of Barao/Menjivar is likely going to get the next title shot after Faber, although if Menjivar was to beat Barao (albeit unlikely) then they may overlook him & go with McDonald, but yeah likely he will have to win a few more. Don't think he beats Cruz though.

A few questions I have wondered today, see what your guys answer?

Is Jon Jones at Anderson Silva's level, where he is to good for his opponent and shows that in fights he should finish?

What happens to Hominick?

Does McDonald deserve a title shot?

Regarding Jones being on level or better than Silva it's obviously questionable. Anderson's had a title longer and defended it more times. However, Jon Jones has had a better two years than any fighter on the planet I would argue. I dont think that Jones is so many lightyears beyond Rashad that he toyed with him or anything though. I think Jones fought a conservative fight as per his gameplan and got the victory against a guy who could definitely have beaten him if Jones gave him an opportunity. But he didn't and the rest is history.

Hominick gets one more fight that he should win. If he doesn't, he'll be looking for a job somewhere else I would think.

In terms logetivity, Silva is hard to beat. However, the fact that Jones clearly out notoriously difficult division is an achievement. People complain that he beat two of out of their prime (Rampage, Shogun), but they can't really complain about him beating the other two (Machied, Evans). And all four of them are four champions. Silva's faced tough competition, to be surre. He's practically cleared his division, while Jones had done with a span a few years, and when he was young. It's an odd thing to see.

Schaub's made a mistake like that for a lot of fights, though. He just doesn't have the chin necessary to survive HW.

Lots of guys survive without brilliant chins at heavyweight, they're just not inclined to head butt punches.

Cain fighting Bigfoot Silva at 146 now :/. Don't fancy Bigfoot much in this one.

Bigfoot just got destroyed by a fatter, smaller, worse Cain, so I don't fancy him much either!