Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

No, you can choose not to turn pro after your first exhibition fight. I think you have about three or four more fights (with ~8 weeks in between) to get them stats up to 30 before the fights start meaning something.

Though you should stay in the WFA as long as possible too.

didnt realise you could train between amateur fights... but thats my plan for next time around...

Julio Rodriguez on the other hand.. I managed to defend most of GSPs takedowns and knocked him out in the 2nd.. defended against Thiago Alves and now its time for Rodriguez vs. St-Pierre 3! (my record is 27-8 / GSP is at 30-6-2 and we are rivals)

for all its bad points... im actually really enjoying career mode..

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I finally found a reliable way to get 100+ every spar without breaking my thumb.

Go for a takedown, get up, start punching. There's no ref to stand him up (obviously) and as long as you're not punching his guard a lot you should be getting some points.

Also Brock/Hendo's main hand straight punches are really, really good. You should get those.

Well I finally found a reliable way to get 100+ every spar without breaking my thumb.

Go for a takedown, get up, start punching. There's no ref to stand him up (obviously) and as long as you're not punching his guard a lot you should be getting some points.

Also Brock/Hendo's main hand straight punches are really, really good. You should get those.

thats my sparring technique. However you mentioned using the arm choke before, how do you learn those? I have tried but since I havent submitted him I dont get any points.

Also a thought, for those of you saying you have no problems with subs are you using XBOX or Ps3? perhaps the glitch is for PS3 users?

I'm on PS3, and submissions are coming easy on any difficulty.

Online is a bit of a different matter...subs are much tougher against people. Unless they just spam punches and transitions, then they are super easy.

And a lot of people just spam punches on the ground. Actually, most people just like to strike and hate to fight on the ground. I've gotten some nasty, hate-filled messages from people who only want to stand and strike and can't be bothered to learn the ground game, and get very angry when you control them for 4:50 of each round. Sorry people, not my fault if you can't learn how to reverse transitions!

360, and my career mode just froze on me. I'm completely stuck. Game just keeps freezing at the point where i'm inducted into the UFC by Dana. F'n THQ with their buggy games. :p

Guess I'll have to start over? Given that there's no way the game will load (and i've tried 7 times).

I'm on PS3, and submissions are coming easy on any difficulty.

Online is a bit of a different matter...subs are much tougher against people. Unless they just spam punches and transitions, then they are super easy.

And a lot of people just spam punches on the ground. Actually, most people just like to strike and hate to fight on the ground. I've gotten some nasty, hate-filled messages from people who only want to stand and strike and can't be bothered to learn the ground game, and get very angry when you control them for 4:50 of each round. Sorry people, not my fault if you can't learn how to reverse transitions!

Tell me about it man. I took a guy down moved to mount and subbed him in 30 seconds and the guy sent me a long message saying I was a f****** p****. Correct me if I am wrong but this isn't a kickboxing game. Almost all fights end up on the ground. Learn the game and until then SHUT UP!

I'm pretty sure I made the same basic post last year... but I'm sick of the disconnects during online matches.

edit: 6 times in a row now, each time as I was about to win. Time for a break, I think.

i thought I read they changed it to give you a win and them a disconnect finish?

Anybody else been screwed by the judges? I fought this one guy and pretty much dominated the first two rounds with multiple takedowns, positional control and effective striking. The third round it could be argued went either way. As I waited for my hands to be raised as the victor I notice that all three judges scored the fight 30-27 to my opponent!!!???? What!? That was my first online loss and even the guy who won said he thought he had lost. Still haven't been able to get in any ranked fights, I have had to exclusively fight in player matches. (30-2) at present. Although I still think my record should be (31-1). Is anybody having success in the player matches?

Online is a mess as there's tons of exploits. For example if you do a flying armbar your stamina isn't drained (but the opponent's is), so if you hold onto it for a few seconds then switch over to a triangle it's an instant submission.

That's not even mentioning the stupidity of not being able to defend a trip withot constantly holding the right stick back or lag making is impossible to sprawl and brawl.

e: Wow I'm dumb. He wasn't spinning his stick and I was. Now I know about that!

for those of u who havent played the tutorial yet and still having problems i discovered while playing the demo that u can hold down r3 instead of doing circles which is a one time power attemp. im still not great with the circles or using this approach but holding down the button seems a lot easier though i think its suppose to sap some of ur stamina.

Anybody else been screwed by the judges? I fought this one guy and pretty much dominated the first two rounds with multiple takedowns, positional control and effective striking. The third round it could be argued went either way. As I waited for my hands to be raised as the victor I notice that all three judges scored the fight 30-27 to my opponent!!!???? What!? That was my first online loss and even the guy who won said he thought he had lost. Still haven't been able to get in any ranked fights, I have had to exclusively fight in player matches. (30-2) at present. Although I still think my record should be (31-1). Is anybody having success in the player matches?

Exact same thing happened to me in Career Mode. I was beating up Chris Lytle with my CAF, and after the third round I wasn't able to KO him. So, it went to the decision. Judges scored it 30-26, 30-26, 30-27 for Lytle.

Is there any difference in how you build up the created fighters stats in career mode. I didn't play 09 much but I remember thinking it was very slow to build your fighter up to be good, I may be getting it wrong though, like I said I didn't play it that much.

Is there any difference in how you build up the created fighters stats in career mode. I didn't play 09 much but I remember thinking it was very slow to build your fighter up to be good, I may be getting it wrong though, like I said I didn't play it that much.

there are many different strategies, I found the method Dafanka (sp?) posted about two pages back on another site and get about 60 points with the first sparring partner so go back and read his post since it is the one that works the best for me.

I've just been told by a UFC fighter who shall remain nameless that there will be some additional fighters released for Undisputed 2010. No idea when, how much etc.

The guy who told me is going to be in it...I'd take a stab at the TUF winner/runner up, Little Nog, Georges Sotiropoulos and maybe a 'legend' or two as well. Renzo Gracie? Don Frye?

Lol, James Toney if he beats Randy :-p

I know alot of people are generally down on things online but going on various message boards this and Final Fantasy are the most I have seen a game be ripped on by gamers in awhile so hopefully they make the DLC free to make up for it...but I doubt it.

Is Ken locked in anywhere rights wise? It seems the UFC would want to use his name and likeness as a "legend" especially with all the footage. However since he is still fighting (blah) and elsewhere I can see how they would not want to promote him.

If (when) Shields signs I'm sure they will throw him up on the DLC as well, isn't his 60/90 days coming to an end soon anyways? Same with any of the top guys they could get in the next six months since I doubt the DLC updates would be anything greater than quarterly, unless they want to do some sort of "one a week" promo

Is Ken locked in anywhere rights wise? It seems the UFC would want to use his name and likeness as a "legend" especially with all the footage. However since he is still fighting (blah) and elsewhere I can see how they would not want to promote him.

He's in the EA game I believe. Besides, they recently financially crippled him in court, so I doubt both parties would be willing to discuss a videogame agreement anyway :-p

Talking strictly career mode here but I think you're success may vary a lot depending upon individual play style and the weight class you run.

Myself, I am all offense. Whether it is striking or the ground game... those are the abilities I usually pick and run with.

Problem is at LW, WW, and HW there are many great wrestlers who will just simply keep taking you down. You have to become very circumspect about your striking and working on transitions from the bottom as opposed to say standing strikes and suplexes.

MW seems to have more BJJ guys and strikers. So long as you keep your sub defense high, working on your striking game actually becomes an advantage for you as you eventually challenge for the title.

The biggest tip I've picked up out of this thread comes from rodzilla. Holding in the R3 stick to charge submissions allows you to submit sparring partners more easily, but even better than that, imo, you can level up a sub in one session without having to wear down your opponent. This means 10 to 15 successful subs in a 5 minute period, so you can level up in one go instead of having to go back another three or four times.

Also my own tip. If you hate ducking/swaying as much as I do, and just like to throw. The best combo I've found for sparring partners is (if your guy is right handed) Muay Thai snap kick to the body until your opponent drops his hands then Hendo's straight right followed a left uppercut and a series of Left muay thai elbows. If your opponent starts blocking the elbows then switch to right hooks. If you don't knock him out then just rinse and repeat, and your opponent will fall in the next series. Once you get those strikes to level three, assuming your speed and strength is on par, you can knock your sparring partner out in 20 to 30 seconds

what kind of sparring points are you getting? I'm 99% sure you do not get a bonus for KO'ing your sparring partner like you did in 09 which is why the takedown, stand up, and punch down on your sparring partner works so well in this version. I have the max sparring partner level and get 130+ consistently then I use focus sparring for subs.

And yeah, the R3 charge technique is in the tutorial ;) but yes it is easier to submit sparring partners (as i mentioned for focus) and in learning techniques, which is why I learned the suplex from double underhooks then leveled up my Kimura to lvl 3 as someone else mentioned before.

what kind of sparring points are you getting? I'm 99% sure you do not get a bonus for KO'ing your sparring partner like you did in 09 which is why the takedown, stand up, and punch down on your sparring partner works so well in this version. I have the max sparring partner level and get 130+ consistently then I use focus sparring for subs.

And yeah, the R3 charge technique is in the tutorial ;) but yes it is easier to submit sparring partners (as i mentioned for focus) and in learning techniques, which is why I learned the suplex from double underhooks then leveled up my Kimura to lvl 3 as someone else mentioned before.

Well I was getting over 100 pts for a KO and Sub in the same session vs around 80 pts for one sub. This is Experienced lvl with the final sparring partner.

I have no proof to back it up, but anecdotally, I do think Knockdowns/KO's increase the point tally in focused sparring, if for no other reason, if your sparring partner is getting rocked, he isn't tagging you, which I believe deducts points.

As for the striking chain. I think of it kind of like a flow. You kick to get them to lower their hands, use the right to tag em and close the distance. The upper cut brings you into clinch range for the elbows. Its basically a way to get inside to an opponent without having to block/duck. Only thing is it will use up a lot of energy fast, so it doesn't lend itself to a clinch grapple or takedown.

Archived