Shocking Signings You've Made

One of the things I love about this game is the element of surprise....every once and a while, you'll be able to sign a worker that you thought there was absolutely no way you'd ever be able to sign. My biggest one ever just happened....

Playing as MPWF, I was entering February 2011 when I noticed that Sammy Bach had left TCW after his contract expired. Sammy is my favorite American C-Verse worker by far, so I had him in my shortlist, in the off chance that I may be able to goad him to work south of the border once I had built the company up significantly. Well, seeing as he was unemployed, I opted to offer him a contract, and he signed for me, for $1000 an appearance, with no extra perks. I cannot even express how elated I am at this, and I am looking forward to pushing Sammy to the top of the lucha world.

Any similar stories for you all?

Mine was in the 1977 C-Verse mod, i managed to sign Dusty Streets, Hagar Erickson and Chaim Silverman

i was quite shocked as even though i'm cult, i am still not very popular in a lot of areas, i also signed Cheatin Mile Barstow who i have always wanted to use, he finished a tour with GCG,

Mine was in the 1977 C-Verse mod, i managed to sign Dusty Streets, Hagar Erickson and Chaim Silverman

i was quite shocked as even though i'm cult, i am still not very popular in a lot of areas, i also signed Cheatin Mile Barstow who i have always wanted to use, he finished a tour with GCG,

What company?

Stupid Barstow keeps tellin' my APWF to sod off, even though we're Cult. Some BS about not being popular enough in the USA compared to Japan... jerk.

What company?

Stupid Barstow keeps tellin' my APWF to sod off, even though we're Cult. Some BS about not being popular enough in the USA compared to Japan... jerk.

I'm AAFW, i will admit that i have the Sophie cheat on which may have something to do with it and i tweaked my product to be more family friendly, and he wanted at least a midcard title run

I got Daryll Devine for PSW in a test game I was playing a few weeks back, was pretty shocked at that. In my current game (also PSW) I've signed Bart Biggz who I've got big plans for.

Also in the test game in which I signed Devine, CGC signed Sean McFly, was pretty shocked at that.

I made up a narrative that dropped WWF's prestige a lot in November 2001. Well apparently that is just what I needed as WCW in 2001 to sign Kurt Angle, and Adam Copeland (renamed Adam Edge) away from them. Kane rejected me and said I wasn't big enough. Then he resigned with WWF.

Kinda bummed because I signed Lita away and then decided to start a womens division but Bischoff won't let me start one. He claims he made the product the way it is and my job is to book his product now change it.

The signings that I have made that shocked me, while at either cult or regional using the CV'97 mod.

Jack DeColt, Alex DeColt, Steve DeColt, Dark Angel, Duane Stone, Johnny Bloodstone, Viper, Piston Pete Hall, Buddy Garner, Phillip Roberts, Steve Flash, Mike Watson & Mr Lucha.

I got Joel Bryant, Robert Oxford, Dark Angel while I was local or small.

Now I have myself dreaming about a best of all time roster of my company.

The biggest shock signings I see, and it irritates me because I can't get them to talk to me, is in my NYCW game, SWF recently fell to cult, meaning their top stars are now on ppa when they re-sign. So Rich Money signs with 4C who are at regional in Canada. Meanwhile of course, I contact Rich and get the standard " You aren't big enough for me to consider" .

I realize it's a function of popularity in various regions such as he is B- in USA, but only a D in Canada, and it's using his Canadian popularity to determine his hireability in Canada.

It was the same thing in '08 as well. 4C at regional, after SWF has fallen, had a roster that was full of SWF main eventers and other big names at one point a couple of years into the game.

Now if NOTBPW ever collapsed, and hadn't been already televising in the USA, regional US promotions could probably sign big name canadian stars, although I have yet to ever see a game work out that way. Usually even if a big name leaves CGC or NOTBPW, they also have huge US overness as well, so aren't available to US regional companies.

So actually I see shocking signings all the time in my game, especially now that SWF has fallen to cult, I just don't get to be the one doing them. :p

I can't believe that in 2016 no major promotion has snapped up Edd Stone. I mean, he is undeniably the greatest wrestler to ever live, and here he is in the prime of his awesomeness, and none of the top promotions are taking advantage. NOTBPW. TCW. SOTBPW. SWF intermittently. Whatever National promotions are in Japan. Why don't they want him?

So as I've mentioned in other threads, I signed him for AAA. It was a shocking opportunity I couldn't pass up.

I'm also doing a CVerse'97 game, and every potential hire is surprising. So much future talent up for grabs.

On the point of Rich Money, I signed Dan DaLay for FCW.

I signed him for my NYCW game back in my 07 dynasty. Only he was a complete flop for me. His problem is that he is only as good as his overness. In Canada, that has been built by being in Main events with the DeColts to where he can be useful and valuable. In America where he is only at D, he doesn't have enough natural skill, or at least he didn't in '07, to justify his presence as his angles and matches will be right around that D overness as well.

I signed him for my NYCW game back in my 07 dynasty. Only he was a complete flop for me. His problem is that he is only as good as his overness. In Canada, that has been built by being in Main events with the DeColts to where he can be useful and valuable. In America where he is only at D, he doesn't have enough natural skill, or at least he didn't in '07, to justify his presence as his angles and matches will be right around that D overness as well.

He cannot be much better than Puerto Rican Power, who in my game, hates being pushed.

As a regional US company, back in 2015, I grabbed Edd Stone. Around the same time I'd had Liberty briefly, and Buddy Garner came to me when he left hiatus and was a beast until heading to Japan. In early 2016, I grabbed Duane Stone. The Flying Stone have been half of my main event ever since; in mid-2018, we hit Cult, but unfortunately they're two of the few top guys who haven't agreed to a written deal; they'd be missing out on lucrative work elsewhere.

Can't blame Edd for that. He's making solid bank in my game. Besides the $2000 I pay him to hang around hot fightin' women once a month in AAA, he's also a regular in CGC and the Heavyweight Champion for some Japanese promotion. I certainly don't feel bad for the guy. I feel bad for the promotions like SWF, who yo-yo between Cult and National without realising that EDD CAN SAVE THEM! :D

Brent Hill is also unemployed in my AAA game. Sadly just that little bit too popular to talk to me. I'd love for him and Edd to do a program.

In this game, I gave most of the top flight promotions Women's Divisions, and I'm shocked by how often they poach one of my girls, keep her for a year or two, and then let her go. Joanne Rodriguez. Raven Robinson. Suzanne Brazzle. Sara Marie Johnson. Zoe Ammis. All left for big promotions, gained popularity and skills, and then just became available for me to snap up.

An experiment: If the user is married to a worker that wouldn't normally sign for the company their relationship can have a positive effect on bringing someone in.

So ladies, if you're married to an SWF guy you increase your chances of signing him to a regional promotion.

Well I'm pretty sure ANY relationship you have with someone is going to effect them signing with you. Its like that for friendships, relationships, siblings, mentor/protege. Unless your saying something else but what I gather is that your saying "if your married to the worker they will more strongly consider signing with you" and its that case for all relationships.

Although I think it also depends on the mod your using as it has to due with personality as well I'm sure.

Edd Stone's contract came up but he wouldn't talk to me, he wanted to concentrate on his NOTBPW career, even though his own families company wont push him higher than opener. Then they let him go! A quick bidding war with TCW later and Edd Stone is mine!!

Well I'm pretty sure ANY relationship you have with someone is going to effect them signing with you. Its like that for friendships, relationships, siblings, mentor/protege. Unless your saying something else but what I gather is that your saying "if your married to the worker they will more strongly consider signing with you" and its that case for all relationships.

Although I think it also depends on the mod your using as it has to due with personality as well I'm sure.

What I'm saying is I tested a female avatar in a mod, had her married to an International Superstar and he signed with a regional fed.

• 1 month later...

I signed Big Smack Scott... to PSW..

And the on his first night in the Steel City, he won the PSW Championship.

Actually, it was quite successful run, he even had a B match with Johnny Martin during it. He went back to SWF ten months later, with 19-1-3 record in PSW.

I don't know about 'shocking' but in my SWF game I recently signed Elmo Benson back from TCW (had to pay alot but it's alright cause I like him) and Amazing Fire Fly even though his style may not suit SWF, I'm trying to push him as a Rey Mysterio like character.

Archived