Underappreciated C-Verse Wrestlers

Just something I've been tossing around in my head, but...

Who do you think is a worker in the C-Verse that is greatly underappreciated? Workers that you feel don't get the attention that they properly deserve and are often overlooked for whatever reason. Keep in mind, NOT necessarily your favorite worker, just a wrestler who you feel doesn't get the regular love they should.

For me, it's gotta be Hombre De La Energia. Let's run it down:

1. He's a heelish brawler from Texas who works exclusively in Mexico

2. His heelishness in Mexico comes from his being American

3. His mask is an American flag with a negative image effect applied to it, which has all kinds of levels to it.

4. He's a tough as nails brawler slapping around a bunch of smaller high fliers

5. He uses what, I assume, is a super wicked Lariat as a finishing move on said little high fliers.

6. Hombre. Anyone with the word Hombre in their ring name is probably pretty cool.

7. The ram skull tat thing is pretty awesome

8. Menacing... for a worker in Mexico...

And yet, Hombre De La Energia never shows up anywhere. No one mentions him. Ever. Except me right now. I know part of it is because he works in Mexico only, but... I dunno, when I've been National I've still always brought him in (rocked in my SWF 2008 game after a short stint in RIPW).

So, anyone out there have another? A worker who is simply awesome yet it seems the world doesn't know it (yet?)?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think Slim V doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's still very young, and is already for decent. Honestly 3 or 4 solid years is all he needs to a true player on the indie scene. Just watch, the guy has the potential to be a great brawler AND high flyer at the same time.

Personally I think Slim V doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's still very young, and is already for decent. Honestly 3 or 4 solid years is all he needs to a true player on the indie scene. Just watch, the guy has the potential to be a great brawler AND high flyer at the same time.

Sayeed Ali as well. Solid brawler, and if brought into say SWF, then he could really flourish.

Donnie J.

Sure he isn't Tommy Cornell but people tend to shockingly cr*p on him here on the GDS boards. To me, he's a great addition to a smaller companies roster. If you're booking SWF then I understand why you wouldn't want him but any smaller company could really use him on the roster! Either way, I love the guy. ha.

Donnie J.

Sure he isn't Tommy Cornell but people tend to shockingly cr*p on him here on the GDS boards. To me, he's a great addition to a smaller companies roster. If you're booking SWF then I understand why you wouldn't want him but any smaller company could really use him on the roster! Either way, I love the guy. ha.

I hate Donnie J, at least James Prudence has over a C in psychology. And Donnie J is in CZCW where the main event are supposed to be 35 minutes long and he only has the stamina to go 15. Sure in a less impact slower paced fed he might do well but I like CZCW and for me he sucks.

I wouldn't include (or include em I don't give a diddy) Sayeed Ali (used constantly, in private games by everybody and diary's out the yangyin) and people like Alexander Robinson on this list (maybe it is just me cause I play Japan so much) but even when I don't AR and/or the Puro Player William Hayes might get a short few months run until PGHW grows.

I am gonna go with off top of my head...

Vaughn

KAZ

Lobo Blanco

Lassana Makutsi, Hugely talented, passed over in diaries Id imagine because no one really knows what to do gimmick wise with a Kenyan. I think he's probably one good alt away from a huge push. Give him some sort of ultra scary tribal facepaint and you're away.

You know that being said, I think a lot of wrestlers probably are passed over due to lack of a good alt gimmick.

Lassana Makutsi, Hugely talented, passed over in diaries Id imagine because no one really knows what to do gimmick wise with a Kenyan. I think he's probably one good alt away from a huge push. Give him some sort of ultra scary tribal facepaint and you're away.

You know that being said, I think a lot of wrestlers probably are passed over due to lack of a good alt gimmick.

I like Lassana Makutsi... would love to see him teamed up with Donte Dunn as a trans-contintental, colourful, fun loving tag team. Not sure where they'd end up apart from the indy scene though as I can't see Donte failing to get into CGC and ending up in the SWF system with Makutsi.

As for underappreciated then look no further then The Big Problem. He takes a couple of years to really develop and he may never become a world beater... but he starts with 100 menace and solid charisma. Using a brute gimmick and some squash matches you can get him over quickly, and then you can use angles against others to get them over... or just have him lose. With some development in regular angles his entertainment skills WILL become good which will drag his matches up and because your gonna be using him against talented guys to leech his overness away, he can't help but learn to wrestle. And the best thing of all... while being labelled as "The Big Flop" he starts out wasy more over than Land Mass, his former tag partner. :p Seriously... The Big Problem is one of my cornerstones and will be for a long time... might never be champion but he's better than anyone ever gives him credit for, especially if booked right. :)

I think Lassana goes well with just a seriously intense athlete gimmick. You don't need an alt pic, although the guys in the Re-Render thread did some nice ones. I've got a few SWF games going an in one I brought him up and pushed him heavily with wins by submission over until he got up to Enforcer Roberts who quickly took him too school giving him his first loss in six months and starting a program where he was intent on beating the veteran. Did well for both his overness and in ring skill.

Masked Cougar.

Well, that's unfair, because he does get used. But (it's sad to say about a made up character) I am a major Masked Cougar mark.

Or I could go for an even bigger star - T-Rex. Don't see many people bring him in outside USPW diaries.

And I'm still a bit of a Hell Monkey mark... despite being guilty of brining him in as a jobber.

After getting back into CGC Zeus Maxmillion immediately comes to mind. He's not a star by any stretch of the imagination but he can hold his own in just about any product and is a perfect midcard mainstay type of worker.

Phillippe LaGrenier is another guy who I think could be a big star. Young, solid worker, and has very solid star quality and menace.

Sticking with the CGC roster I think the Dirty White Boys don't get enough respect.

A few other names that popped in my head: Jerry Martin and Mark Smart

look no further then The Big Problem.

Whenever i need a monster heel and i'm on a budget, i always hire him.

But we can do one better: Munemitsu Senmatsu of WEXXV. Only 90 menace, but he can sorta wrestle!

... and in Europe too for some reason.

Archived