The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats stupid is this ceo blocker nonsense, first was stopping me signing Hyun-Shik Lim so I thought fair enough then it got silly when I was stopped from resigning Rick Stanley, so I turned the feature off.

I have the same issue. I managed to get almost all my top stars to resign. But no matter how much I sweeten the deal in other areas I cant get Junior or Linfield to resign D:

****ing Lance Decker.........

I can't get around Lance Decker at all. People like Stanley, Foster, Chambers, I have no hope to re-sign. I get it on people from Japan who arn't known in America, but why can't I offer more then 5k for someone who is High Level National in America?

I don't WANT to turn it off but at this point, I'll have to if I want any hope of staying competitive.

I can't get around Lance Decker at all. People like Stanley, Foster, Chambers, I have no hope to re-sign. I get it on people from Japan who arn't known in America, but why can't I offer more then 5k for someone who is High Level National in America?

I don't WANT to turn it off but at this point, I'll have to if I want any hope of staying competitive.

I told Decker to **** off real early.

I'm losing around $10,000 a month as XCC up to August 98. Is this normal until I build up some guys, or am I just horrible?

No, you're not. They will lose some money until you hit national level. Don't worry about it. Try and look at your expenses and minimalise the costs. Don't host events until you have a good main event that will raise your popularity, even if it takes you months to come up with one.

I'm losing around $10,000 a month as XCC up to August 98. Is this normal until I build up some guys, or am I just horrible?

That is normal. I took much bigger losses some months with SIGMA, my tactic was build up popularity ASAP, and by the end of the year I had a TV deal and 7 fighters at low level national in Europe.

The TV deal will allow me to be slightly more profitable (Low losses or low profits) and stay afloat until I can get on PPV. The key is finding the mix between too few events and too many. I personally ran 16 Events and 3 TV shows in year 1 and ended up making a profit (somehow :p).

Watch out though, when you try to re-sign fighters they will want massive pay increases even if they lost more than they won (as their name value is better). So you have to counter that by growing or signing unknown fighters.

XCC are alot tighter on finances (than SIGMA, me) though so dont sign huge deals until you know you can afford them (I have signed Anthony LeToussier, Ashley Ballard, Chew Chua, Dexter Darling, Junior Patinkin, Kafa Bunya, Motoki Hojo, Tomohiro Takeuchi & Truck Gleeson to deals bigger than I should have, and Raul Hughes (Gamma Heavyweight Champion) & Li-Kong Ho (KDM-FC went bust) to mammoth deals. As XCC I wouldnt dream of doing that.)

And also TRY to save up dream fights. Due to not wanting to give away mega-fights yet I have 5 of the top 10 Light Heavyweights in the world. If you can make one of your divisions that strong I would suggest doing it.

What's the Champion's Clause for in contract negotations?

I'm unable to read the help file for some reason it won't open or convert into something that will. If someone can post it in text form for us to copy and paste into word like they did for TEW it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm unable to read the help file for some reason it won't open or convert into something that will. If someone can post it in text form for us to copy and paste into word like they did for TEW it would be greatly appreciated.

Champion’s Clause: If a champion’s clause is on a fighter’s contract and he holds a title in that company, he cannot negotiate with anybody else until he either loses the title or his deal expires. This gives the company extra security as it means the only way a champion can leave is if they fail to offer him an acceptable deal. Please note that this is slightly different from the real life champion’s clause, which would prevent the deal from ending at all for a champion.

-------

I'll go post the help files in a seperate thread... then no-one will ever have the excuse of not being able to read them. :p:)

Champion’s Clause: If a champion’s clause is on a fighter’s contract and he holds a title in that company, he cannot negotiate with anybody else until he either loses the title or his deal expires. This gives the company extra security as it means the only way a champion can leave is if they fail to offer him an acceptable deal. Please note that this is slightly different from the real life champion’s clause, which would prevent the deal from ending at all for a champion.

Edit- Beat to it.

Does the restriction to sign a fighter ever go up then? I don't quite understand how I'm suppose to keep my top fighters if my CEO won't allow me to sign them for more than $5000.

There is no upper limit. Their blocks are based on the fighter's worth. If you are using the negotiation feature correctly, following the advice given in the help file, you should be able to sign most people - all the owner is doing is stopping you from taking the "easy" way out and offering way more than the person is actually worth.

-------

I'll go post the help files in a seperate thread... then no-one will ever have the excuse of not being able to read them. :p:)

Awesome that's exactly what I was hoping considering I've had Raul Hughes already hold me to ransom and cleaning out my pockets :D

Thanks DB :)

Archived