"The League"--Seasons Three and Four

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I started writing a little role work, where Maxx was gonna laugh at Stevens, and mock his opponent, but when I started writing, a new idea was born. So depending on if this works, I may make it my weekly thing. And if not, the only thing lost is the 3 1/2 minutes it took to conjure up this banner. And if it does work, and you enjoy it, I can continue, working in ways for Flogg to interact with your characters. Which will never be done without permission and consent on what will be posted.

I should also note that the views expressed by Joshua Flogg (who I assume doesn't exist, but if he does, I apologize for what I'm about to do to your name) are in no way related to the views of Maxx Skabb, his handler Prophet, or the League as a whole. :p I put this in, because while I try to be a bit crass, I, in no way, mean any disrespect, and hope that the pompous jerk that Flogg is portrayed as, shows idiocy more than malice. [i should also note, if you don't like anything said, let me know, and I'll remove it.]

So, without further ado, I present the inaugural edition of ...

http://i.imgur.com/dAosF.jpg

[The screen washes with static, before fizzling into a crudely created animation, touting the “hottest wrestling show to ever hit the interwebs!” After listening to a midi version of Johnny Triumph's theme song “Ecstasy of Gold” plays, the graphics melt away to what looks like a messy dorm room. A frazzled headed portly young man sits in front of the webcam, with a poster of Nuclear Templeton hung over his left shoulder, and a slightly more provocative one of Diamond over his right. He smiles a wide toothy smile, and brushes his Beiber bangs from his eyes, before clearing his throat.]

Young Internet Fan: “Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome, once again, to the hottest wrestling show to ever hit the internet, The Flogg Splash! I am your ever ready host with the most, the cream of the crop, who never wants to stop, and all the ladies want on … speed dial? Anyway, I'm Joshua Flogg! And we are in for a treat. Not only will I be giving my thoughts on the first show of season three of The League … I can't believe it's back already! Oh, I also got a video of my interview with Maxx Skabb. Yes, THAT Maxx Skabb! Can you believe it?! So Floggers and Bloggers, it's time to dive into the deep end of the pool with ...”

[As his voice trails away, a horrible rendition of “Wipeout” by the Sufari's begins to play, as an amateur animation of a tidal wave crashing against the words of “Splash Down”. As the words are washed away by the jittery water, the view focuses back to Joshua Flogg, still smiling, as he finishes downing a can of Mountain Dew.]

Flogg: “That's right, it's time for Splash Down, where we discuss all the goings on in the world of wrestling. And nothing is more important than the premiere of season three of the League! What a great show! Match of the night, by far, was the venomous Scott Stevens taking out El Demonio de Sangre, and it was great to see the champ in action again. I'm still not sure what to make of Tori Montgomery being a part of the announce team, though. I mean, what are her credentials? What does she know about wrestling? If I'd known that the League wanted to add a third voice, I'd have submitted my name, and given Frankie the air time that he so desperately deserves.

I've also heard rumors that there's wheelings and dealings going on in the locker room, for the upcoming Tag Team Turmoil. I don't know any details yet, but count on this, Floggers … I'll know before anyone else does. There's also a rumor of possible candidates for season four, and although unconfirmed, I've heard that one of those incoming will be … the Giant Redwood! That's right, you've heard it here first!

Now, onto the more impressive matters. When I first tweeted the news that I got a one on one face time with a legend of the League, you Floggers went crazy! Some of you guessed it was Phoenix at a buffet, or Super Century at the Hall of Weirdos! Instead, I ran into former criminal turned psychopathic wrestler Maxx Skabb training for his first blood match with rookie Ian Carlisle … right here in Omaha! Let's take a look!

[The screen blurs with a black and white image that reads “Flogg-sclusive!” before fading into a video of the familiar con man working over a heavy bag in a dingy gymnasium. Behind him hangs a corkboard, with head shots of all the other members of the League, with Diamond's looking very different from the others. Hers has a large red X through the photo. And above the photos is a small plaque that simply reads “victims”. Flogg can be heard giggling, as he holds up his cell phone, the grainy image of Skabb laying lefts and rights into the weighted punching bag, becoming larger. Finally, Flogg stops moving, and before tittering to himself once more, clears his throat.]

Flogg: “Oh Emm Gee, you're Maxx Skabb! Can I get your autograph?”

[Maxx slowly turns his head towards the interruption, his teeth gritted, and his body covered in sweat. Without saying a word, he pivots towards the young man, who almost squeals with delight, and as Maxx looms ever closer, Flogg's elation can clearly be heard deflating to terror. He begins to back up, as Skabb growls at him, and before long, the slightly tubby young collegiate is running full boar away from Skabb. He hits the grimy glass door, and tumbles as he escapes the gym, only to land in a seated position on the curb. As he catches his breath, he turns the camera phone towards his face, his big toothy grin once again shining through, before mouthing the words “that … was … awesome!” The video then turns to static, before shuffling the viewer back to the depressing dorm room.]

Flogg: “Tell me that wasn't awesome, Floggers! Now, due to time restraints, my interview with Maxx couldn't go for as long as I would've liked, but I'm sure I'll get another opportunity with the intense convict. Onto our final piece of business, it's time for Floggstomping!”

[Another horribly done graphic appears on the screen, this time simulating the classic video game Frogger. As the frog gets halfway across the road, a car hits it, and bursts into flames, before the word Floggstomping appears.]

Flogg: “That's right, it's time for my weekly picks for the next show of the League. And as always, these are picks you can take to the bank!”

First, we have El Demonio de Sangre vs. Sebastian Moore, and following the brutal contest of last week, I can't imagine Sangre is in any position to put up a fight. Moore wins it, but the real losers are the people who have to sit through this as an opening contest.

Next, The Phoenix vs. Ezekial Kerghan, and I'm sure the rookie will come ready to fight. And I'm quickly becoming a fan of Kerghan's. However, I don't see how it's possible he can compete with Squeamix, unless he throws a chicken bone out of the ring for a count out victory.

Thor Hammerskald vs. Super Century … this isn't a match, this is a giant Norse man beating the tar out of a kid in his underoos.

Ian Carlisle vs. Maxx Skabb is next on the card, and while Carlisle may want to see the silver lining of things, it'll be hard when Maxx cracks his skull open like a melon ball.

SGRaaize vs. Nuclear Templeton, also known as “the Battle of the Lariatos!” My money is on the one from Jersey to beat his Portuguese doppleganger, in what should be a bathroom break for anyone smart.

Robbie Maynard vs. Sean follows, and I've heard all this hooplah that Maynard is poised to make a return to greatness this season. I just don't see it. A Sean victory pushes Maynard one step closer to wrestling oblivion.

Following that, we get to our first of two main events! Johnny Triumph vs. Tarik Nolan, and people, there should be no question who will win this one. Tarik is strong, sure. But he's facing off against the greatest champion in the history of ever! EVER! There's no doubt that Triumph will come out on top, and he continues on his path to the perfect season!

Scott Stevens vs. Diamond rounds out the show in what would be match of the night, on any evening when Triumph wasn't wrestling. This pick pains me, because I like Stevens. A lot. I mean, he's no Johnny, but he's got the look, he's got the drive, and the man wrestled with a broken back! That's heart. The one thing he is missing that Diamond has, though, is the one thing that keeps me from picking him. Booblies!

[Flogg unconsciously flickers his eyes over his right shoulder towards the poster, revealing that perverted side that he tries to hide, but epically fails to do so. He quickly looks back to the camera, once again smiling wide.]

Flogg: "That's it for this edition of the Flogg Splash, and as always, I'm ...”

[As Joshua Flogg tries to state his supposedly humorous sign off, there's a knock at the door, before the sound of hinges can be heard. This is quickly followed by the sounds of giggling, and what can only be described as wet suction cups being stuck together. Finally, a burly individual with a University of Omaha letterman jacket pops his head into frame.]

Roommate: “Get lost nerd, this room is occupied!”

[Flogg ties to speak up, but is quickly pushed aside by the future NFLer. As the young video blogger tries to weakly protest his ousting, a large hand palms the camera lens, shutting down this weeks edition of the Flogg Splash.]

DELTA DIVISION: El Demonio de Sangre (0-1, 11%) vs. Sebastian Moore (0-1, 15%)

BETA DIVISION: The Phoenix (1-0, 13%) vs. Ezekial Kerghan (1-0, 14%)

ALPHA DIVISION: Thor Hammerskald (0-1, 18%) vs. Super Century (0-1, 10%)

GAMMA DIVISION FIRST BLOOD MATCH: Ian Carlisle (0-1, 10%) vs. Maxx Skabb (1-0, 20%)

DELTA DIVISION: SGRaaize (0-1, 17%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (1-0, 17%)

GAMMA DIVISION: Robbie Maynard (1-0, 16%) vs. Sean (1-0, 18%)

ALPHA DIVISION: Johnny Triumph (1-0, 29%) vs. Tarik Nolan (0-1, 8%)

BETA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH: Scott Stevens (1-0, 15%) vs. Diamond (0-1, 23%)

So I started writing a little role work, where Maxx was gonna laugh at Stevens, and mock his opponent, but when I started writing, a new idea was born. So depending on if this works, I may make it my weekly thing. And if not, the only thing lost is the 3 1/2 minutes it took to conjure up this banner. And if it does work, and you enjoy it, I can continue, working in ways for Flogg to interact with your characters. Which will never be done without permission and consent on what will be posted.

I should also note that the views expressed by Joshua Flogg (who I assume doesn't exist, but if he does, I apologize for what I'm about to do to your name) are in no way related to the views of Maxx Skabb, his handler Prophet, or the League as a whole. :p I put this in, because while I try to be a bit crass, I, in no way, mean any disrespect, and hope that the pompous jerk that Flogg is portrayed as, shows idiocy more than malice. [i should also note, if you don't like anything said, let me know, and I'll remove it.]

So, without further ado, I present the inaugural edition of ...

http://i.imgur.com/dAosF.jpg

[The screen washes with static, before fizzling into a crudely created animation, touting the “hottest wrestling show to ever hit the interwebs!” After listening to a midi version of Johnny Triumph's theme song “Ecstasy of Gold” plays, the graphics melt away to what looks like a messy dorm room. A frazzled headed portly young man sits in front of the webcam, with a poster of Nuclear Templeton hung over his left shoulder, and a slightly more provocative one of Diamond over his right. He smiles a wide toothy smile, and brushes his Beiber bangs from his eyes, before clearing his throat.]

Young Internet Fan: “Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome, once again, to the hottest wrestling show to ever hit the internet, The Flogg Splash! I am your ever ready host with the most, the cream of the crop, who never wants to stop, and all the ladies want on … speed dial? Anyway, I'm Joshua Flogg! And we are in for a treat. Not only will I be giving my thoughts on the first show of season three of The League … I can't believe it's back already! Oh, I also got a video of my interview with Maxx Skabb. Yes, THAT Maxx Skabb! Can you believe it?! So Floggers and Bloggers, it's time to dive into the deep end of the pool with ...”

[As his voice trails away, a horrible rendition of “Wipeout” by the Sufari's begins to play, as an amateur animation of a tidal wave crashing against the words of “Splash Down”. As the words are washed away by the jittery water, the view focuses back to Joshua Flogg, still smiling, as he finishes downing a can of Mountain Dew.]

Flogg: “That's right, it's time for Splash Down, where we discuss all the goings on in the world of wrestling. And nothing is more important than the premiere of season three of the League! What a great show! Match of the night, by far, was the venomous Scott Stevens taking out El Demonio de Sangre, and it was great to see the champ in action again. I'm still not sure what to make of Tori Montgomery being a part of the announce team, though. I mean, what are her credentials? What does she know about wrestling? If I'd known that the League wanted to add a third voice, I'd have submitted my name, and given Frankie the air time that he so desperately deserves.

I've also heard rumors that there's wheelings and dealings going on in the locker room, for the upcoming Tag Team Turmoil. I don't know any details yet, but count on this, Floggers … I'll know before anyone else does. There's also a rumor of possible candidates for season four, and although unconfirmed, I've heard that one of those incoming will be … the Giant Redwood! That's right, you've heard it here first!

Now, onto the more impressive matters. When I first tweeted the news that I got a one on one face time with a legend of the League, you Floggers went crazy! Some of you guessed it was Phoenix at a buffet, or Super Century at the Hall of Weirdos! Instead, I ran into former criminal turned psychopathic wrestler Maxx Skabb training for his first blood match with rookie Ian Carlisle … right here in Omaha! Let's take a look!

[The screen blurs with a black and white image that reads “Flogg-sclusive!” before fading into a video of the familiar con man working over a heavy bag in a dingy gymnasium. Behind him hangs a corkboard, with head shots of all the other members of the League, with Diamond's looking very different from the others. Hers has a large red X through the photo. And above the photos is a small plaque that simply reads “victims”. Flogg can be heard giggling, as he holds up his cell phone, the grainy image of Skabb laying lefts and rights into the weighted punching bag, becoming larger. Finally, Flogg stops moving, and before tittering to himself once more, clears his throat.]

Flogg: “Oh Emm Gee, you're Maxx Skabb! Can I get your autograph?”

[Maxx slowly turns his head towards the interruption, his teeth gritted, and his body covered in sweat. Without saying a word, he pivots towards the young man, who almost squeals with delight, and as Maxx looms ever closer, Flogg's elation can clearly be heard deflating to terror. He begins to back up, as Skabb growls at him, and before long, the slightly tubby young collegiate is running full boar away from Skabb. He hits the grimy glass door, and tumbles as he escapes the gym, only to land in a seated position on the curb. As he catches his breath, he turns the camera phone towards his face, his big toothy grin once again shining through, before mouthing the words “that … was … awesome!” The video then turns to static, before shuffling the viewer back to the depressing dorm room.]

Flogg: “Tell me that wasn't awesome, Floggers! Now, due to time restraints, my interview with Maxx couldn't go for as long as I would've liked, but I'm sure I'll get another opportunity with the intense convict. Onto our final piece of business, it's time for Floggstomping!”

[Another horribly done graphic appears on the screen, this time simulating the classic video game Frogger. As the frog gets halfway across the road, a car hits it, and bursts into flames, before the word Floggstomping appears.]

Flogg: “That's right, it's time for my weekly picks for the next show of the League. And as always, these are picks you can take to the bank!”

First, we have El Demonio de Sangre vs. Sebastian Moore, and following the brutal contest of last week, I can't imagine Sangre is in any position to put up a fight. Moore wins it, but the real losers are the people who have to sit through this as an opening contest.

Next, The Phoenix vs. Ezekial Kerghan, and I'm sure the rookie will come ready to fight. And I'm quickly becoming a fan of Kerghan's. However, I don't see how it's possible he can compete with Squeamix, unless he throws a chicken bone out of the ring for a count out victory.

Thor Hammerskald vs. Super Century … this isn't a match, this is a giant Norse man beating the tar out of a kid in his underoos.

Ian Carlisle vs. Maxx Skabb is next on the card, and while Carlisle may want to see the silver lining of things, it'll be hard when Maxx cracks his skull open like a melon ball.

SGRaaize vs. Nuclear Templeton, also known as “the Battle of the Lariatos!” My money is on the one from Jersey to beat his Portuguese doppleganger, in what should be a bathroom break for anyone smart.

Robbie Maynard vs. Sean follows, and I've heard all this hooplah that Maynard is poised to make a return to greatness this season. I just don't see it. A Sean victory pushes Maynard one step closer to wrestling oblivion.

Following that, we get to our first of two main events! Johnny Triumph vs. Tarik Nolan, and people, there should be no question who will win this one. Tarik is strong, sure. But he's facing off against the greatest champion in the history of ever! EVER! There's no doubt that Triumph will come out on top, and he continues on his path to the perfect season!

Scott Stevens vs. Diamond rounds out the show in what would be match of the night, on any evening when Triumph wasn't wrestling. This pick pains me, because I like Stevens. A lot. I mean, he's no Johnny, but he's got the look, he's got the drive, and the man wrestled with a broken back! That's heart. The one thing he is missing that Diamond has, though, is the one thing that keeps me from picking him. Booblies!

[Flogg unconsciously flickers his eyes over his right shoulder towards the poster, revealing that perverted side that he tries to hide, but epically fails to do so. He quickly looks back to the camera, once again smiling wide.]

Flogg: "That's it for this edition of the Flogg Splash, and as always, I'm ...”

[As Joshua Flogg tries to state his supposedly humorous sign off, there's a knock at the door, before the sound of hinges can be heard. This is quickly followed by the sounds of giggling, and what can only be described as wet suction cups being stuck together. Finally, a burly individual with a University of Omaha letterman jacket pops his head into frame.]

Roommate: “Get lost nerd, this room is occupied!”

[Flogg ties to speak up, but is quickly pushed aside by the future NFLer. As the young video blogger tries to weakly protest his ousting, a large hand palms the camera lens, shutting down this weeks edition of the Flogg Splash.]

:D

Loved it. You can use my character any time man. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Walking out of a boutique the ladies are stopped by a reporter.

Reporter: Diamond can I have a word or two with you?

Diamond: Yeah sure.

Reporter: How are things after that loss to Skabb last week?

Diamond: Well I'm not thrilled. If you ask me that guy is kinda scary. He got the better....

Jade: Diamond has nothing more to say on the matter. Any further questions about her last match are off limits or this interview is over.

Reporter: Okay. How about the comments directed towards your entertainment?

Diamond: Looking shocked Huh?

Reporter: At least two folks have made comments about your... fidgeting for a moment, then motions towards Diamonds chest. That.

Diamond: Laughs. Oh that. That doesn't bother me. They clearly don't see those much. Anyway I heard the one comment about me being just a bit more entertaining because I have boobies, I believe ts the term used? Are these boys like 12 or something? Plus Nuclear if that were the case wouldn't Stevens be more entertaining. He clearly has Moobs. Diamond and Jade bust out laughing while the reporter goes white in the face.

Reporter: Is it wise to get on Stevens bad side so close to your match with him?

Diamond: Oh please, from what I hear the only thing "hardcore" about the guy is his lack of a sense of humor. Seriously though. He got lucky in the second match we had. I kicked his ass so hard the first time it made his wifey cry. Anyway I'm done here. All I can tell you is we are going to party till we drop, then I'm going to drop Stevens like a lead balloon.

Both ladies walk away while the reporter stares in amusement.

:D

Loved it. You can use my character any time man. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Why thank you. I'm hoping, in time, once I get a better idea of how to display his obnoxious idiocy, it'll flow a bit smoother. Felt this edition was a bit disjointed. About time the League got a member of the IWC on it's side, though. :p

The two biggest things that can come from the Flogg Splash are Tori ripping this punk kid on the air, and Johnny being introduced as the greatest champion in the history of ever! EVER! whenever he comes to the ring. lol

And I greatly appreciate it, Jman. I'm already formulating an idea, if all goes well, I can have you look over it during the weekend.

...Tori ripping this punk kid on the air...

Tori Montgomery: Why should I acknowledge some schmuck who thinks he knows more than I do just because he reads "dirt sheets" and is saving himself for Honey Golightly? Get past puberty, and then we'll talk.

(OOC: Though depending on how things go, Tori might have to bring this guy on in week fourteen just to show him how professionals run their video blogs. :))

<hr>

Serious portion of the post here. I'm aiming to have all pages updated by 10:00 pm EST tonight, and have the week two pre-show posted by then. It's already written, just a simple copy and paste job is all it will take. I want to make sure I have pages updated first, though, before posting the pre-show.

40 minutes ahead of schedule. Woo-hoo!

Have a pre-show to celebrate.

<hr>

<hr>

Season Three, Week Two

February 28, 2011

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

With one week in the books, The League continues with its third season as we head into the heartland of America! Hello again, wrestling fans! If the first week of this season is any indication of things to come, the next fifteen weeks should be quite entertaining.

I've heard mixed reviews about my new position as secondary color commentator for The League, though the majority seem to have taken it very well. One person, who has followed my work over the last fifteen years I've been covering wrestling, stated that I seemed to be a natural fit, and was thankful for having someone be a foil to Mr. Garnett. While I certainly enjoyed myself last week, we'll see how things progress over the coming months, shall we?

In any case, it's time for a quick review of the standings and stats, as has become tradition here at Beyond Ringside.

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS: AFTER WEEK ONE

Because there have been no divisional matches yet, the tie-breaker order is Average Match Rating (AMR), then season earnings. If both of those are identical, a tie is the result—at least for this week. Keep that in mind when you look over the standings below.

ALPHA DIVISION

1. Johnny Triumph (1-0, 0.000 AMR)

2. Super Century (0-1, 1.000 AMR)

3. Tarik Nolan (0-1, 0.000 AMR)

4. Thor Hammerskald (0-1, 0.000 AMR)

BETA DIVISION

1. Scott Stevens (1-0, 8.000 AMR)

2. Ezekial Kerghan (1-0, 4.000 AMR)

3. The Phoenix (1-0, 2.000 AMR)

4. Diamond (0-1, 0.000 AMR)

GAMMA DIVISION

T-1. Maxx Skabb (1-0, 0.000 AMR)

T-1. Sean (1-0, 0.000 AMR)

3. Robbie Maynard (1-0, 0.000 AMR)

4. Ian Carlisle (0-1, 4.000 AMR)

DELTA DIVISION

1. Nuclear Templeton (1-0, 1.000 AMR)

2. El Demonio de Sangre (0-1, 8.000 AMR)

3. Sebastian Moore (0-1, 2.000 AMR)

4. SGRaaize (0-1, 0.000 AMR)

CHANGES IN POPULARITY: MEXICO—WEST CENTRAL

This will be done slightly differently from last season. Instead of grouping by increase/decrease or by ending popularity, all wrestlers will be sorted by name, making it easier in theory to find how your favorite wrestler fared last week.

Diamond: 15.0000 -> 11.9120

El Demonio de Sangre: 18.0000 -> 19.5020

Ezekial Kerghan: 19.0000 -> 21.1600

Ian Carlisle: 15.0000 -> 14.2027

Johnny Triumph: 6.0000 -> 5.6440

Maxx Skabb: 15.0000 -> 15.0380

Nuclear Templeton: 15.0000 -> 15.3200

Robbie Maynard: 9.0000 -> 7.0393

Scott Stevens: 14.0000 -> 18.8980

Sean: 15.0000 -> 14.7215

Sebastian Moore: 15.0000 -> 12.4000

SGRaaize: 9.0000 -> 5.7060

Super Century: 15.0000 -> 12.1800

Tarik Nolan: 15.0000 -> 11.6285

The Phoenix: 15.0000 -> 15.2667

Thor Hammerskald: 16.0000 -> 11.1607

THE LEAGUE'S RUMOR MILL

Having come off a two-week hiatus, naturally the rumors are going to be flying as to what some of the League members did during their time off. Keep in mind that I do not proclaim any of these to be true, these are just the rumors floating around the Internet chat boards and forums dedicated to The League, as well as less-than-reputable video blogs that I am subjected to watching on occasion.

We start this week in London, England, where it was rumored that an altercation between Robbie Maynard and Ian Carlisle led to a soccer riot in which 193 people were injured and close to £400,000 in damages were accrued. The sad part is that this was during a "friendly" exhibition match. Those UK folk sure take their football seriously.

Here in the States, it was said that close to two thousand were in attendance for a victory parade in Johnny Triumph's honor the week after the season officially ended. The thing that I find a bit humorous is that the next day, close to a foot of snow was dumped on Des Moines, effectively bringing the city to a halt as crews worked to clear the roadways.

Rumors come from the Lone Star State of Texas that at least two more wrestlers have been approached by League officials in regards to joining The League for season four. There has been no word yet as to their responses. Commissioner Colt Marshall, after being asked about this possibility, stated that plans are in place for setting up an eighteen-person schedule or two that would be acceptable to League offices, and would not give any hints as to the identities of said new entrants.

Staying in Texas for the moment, a source close to the Stevens household has reported that Scott Stevens' claims of a broken back and post-concussion syndrome were merely ploys to garner attention. This source, who spoke to me on terms of anonymity, said that they had overheard Stevens telling his wife that "playing the injured card is likely going to help my chances of making the playoffs," something which ultimately never came to fruition last season.

Finally, a report from the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City states that Nuclear Templeton was instrumental in throwing out a drunken patron who attempted to assault a police officer during a night of gambling. The man thrown out was later arrested on drunken driving charges.

COUNTDOWN TO TAG TEAM TURMOIL

Never mind that we're almost two months away yet from this mid-season special event; we already have four teams confirmed for the event! Brackets will not be posted until we get closer to the show itself, but so far the following teams are confirmed for the tournament:

"Norse Code:" Maxx Skabb and Thor Hammerskald

"Team LARIATO:" Nuclear Templeton and SGRaaize

Diamond and Ezekial Kerghan

And finally, a last-minute addition just before I came on-air: Scott Stevens and Super Century.

With the possible combinations of the remaining eight wrestlers (Phoenix, Nolan, Carlisle, Demonio, Sean, Triumph, Moore, and Maynard), I can envision some interesting teams coming. We'll see in the coming weeks which pairs will form up and look for tag team glory.

BY THE NUMBERS

Making its (occasional) return is this feature, wherein we take an aspect of in-ring ability and rank the top five current League members in it.

This week, we're going back to basics.

LEAGUE LEADERS: BASICS

1. The Phoenix

2. El Demonio de Sangre

3. Diamond

4. Tarik Nolan

5. Sean

LEAGUE LEADERS: PSYCHOLOGY

1. Robbie Maynard

2. The Phoenix

3. Sebastian Moore

4. Sean

5. Ian Carlisle

PREDICTION CENTRAL

Remember, this season features a slightly different way of keeping score for the season-long predictions contest.

Four people ended up with six correct picks, but it was Miss moon_lit_tears who made them count the most, as she holds a slim margin over second place. Below are the full standings, with seventeen people involved in predictions last week—a Beyond Ringside record.

Maximum points available this week: 23.80

1. moon_lit_tears: 12.06 points, 6 total picks correct.

2. I Effin Rule: 11.72 points, 6 total picks correct.

T-3. Jman2k3: 9.94 points, 6 total picks correct.

T-3. masterded: 9.94 points, 6 total picks correct.

5. Tori Montgomery: 9.34 points, 4 total picks correct.

6. Ian Carlisle: 8.52 points, 5 total picks correct.

7. SeanMcG: 8.39 points, 5 total picks correct.

8. Ranson: 8.05 points, 5 total picks correct.

9. MichiganHero: 7.94 points, 5 total picks correct.

10. Prophet: 7.47 points, 5 total picks correct.

11. Jaded: 7.21 points, 3 total picks correct.

12. SGRaaize: 7.10 points, 4 total picks correct.

13. Wrestling Century: 6.50 points, 4 total picks correct.

14. GruntMark: 6.40 points, 4 total picks correct.

15. Comradebot: 6.05 points, 4 total picks correct.

16. Derek B: 5.92 points, 4 total picks correct.

17. Dangrel: 3.43 points, 2 total picks correct.

Omaha, Nebraska's Qwest Center hosts The League this week, and after the lightning-fast pace of the matches last week, I expect this week to show us more of what we can expect from the wrestlers this season.

WEEK TWO: OMAHA, NEBRASKA (US—Mid West)

(Sports Entertainment style match, American Style crowd, ref bumps allowed)

(Career Series: Sebastian Moore, 1 - 0)

It was almost four months ago that Moore notched a win against Demonio in Ontario. Both men will be looking to get back on track in this one. The early betting line in Vegas has Moore a decided favorite (1-4 against Demonio's 5-1), but I think it is with good reason. Unless Demonio has something we've yet to see from him, I think Moore has his number yet again.

Tori's Pick: Sebastian Moore, 9:50, D

(Career Series: First Meeting)

A lot of people I've talked to since the first show aired seem to think highly of Kerghan, but he's going up against one of last season's juggernauts. I don't care how psychotic you are, Phoenix has proven last season and so far in this one that he is ready for anything. I see this one going a short while, but the big man climbs to 2-0 with a win here.

Tori's Pick: The Phoenix, 13:20, C+

(Career Series: First meeting)

Century comes in with a 7-1 line in early betting in Vegas, clearly the underdog in this match. Thor's shown some iffy choices during his League tenure (notably last week and the minute or so he took to land a top rope move), but I'm giving him the nod based solely on the size difference alone.

Tori's Pick: Thor Hammerskald, 9:40, C-

GAMMA DIVISION FIRST BLOOD MATCH: Ian Carlisle (0-1, 10%) vs. Maxx Skabb (1-0, 20%)

(Career Series: First Meeting

Career in First Blood matches: Carlisle: 0-0 ; Skabb: 0-0)

The young rookie has a steep task ahead of him in the form of Maxx Skabb. He has only one hope, though, and that is that Skabb has demonstrated in the past that he can be busted open easily—I don't have it brought up in front of me, but I think he holds the unofficial League record for being busted open the fastest. I'm going against the grain and picking the huge underdog in an upset here.

Tori's Pick: Ian Carlisle, 22:00, A

(Career Series: Nuclear Templeton, 2 - 1)

This will be the fourth meeting of these two, after splitting last season's series. Both men seem to have improved greatly since their last match in Week Eight of last season, and I for one will be looking forward to what happens here. As much as I'd like to take Templeton here, I think Raaize has a few surprises in store this time around, and I think he shocks Nuclear with something totally unexpected.

Tori's Pick: SGRaaize, 15:20, B+

(Career Series: Sean, 1 - 0)*

The asterisk here denotes that these two have met in post-season play—in this instance, the Season One Consolation match, which Sean won. Is the third time the charm? Quite possibly so. Predicting another upset here, as I think Maynard is the real deal this season.

Tori's Pick: Robbie Maynard, 13:40, B-

(Career Series: Tarik Nolan, 2 - 0)*

If you count the playoffs, though, Tarik only has a 2-1 advantage, as he was Triumph's first victim last postseason. I'm not entirely sold on the fact that Triumph was the better man that day, as Tarik seemed a bit off before coming to the ring in Brazil. I think Triumph's championship defense hits a speed bump here, as Nolan continues his regular season dominance of Triumph despite being at such a popularity disadvantage.

Tori's Pick: Tarik Nolan, 29:20, A*

(Career Series: Tied, 1 – 1

Career in hardcore matches: Stevens 0-0 ; Diamond 1-1)

Stevens has gone on record saying that he feels he is the better man in this matchup. Of course he would say that, as he's the only man in it. However, early betting has him as a underdog, though the wagers are very nearly even. This week, I think Jayde gets involved, and Stevens stares at the lights as Diamond picks up the pin.

On a related note, I refuse to answer any questions regarding Stevens' comments directed supposedly at me during his last interview. My official stance, when it comes to Stevens, is to simply say "no comment."

Tori's Pick: Diamond, 14:10, B

Next week is the last week of relative warmth for a while, as we stay in the southern US. But until then, this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

TRAINING PM DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MARCH 6 AT 8:00 PM EST / MONDAY, 7 MARCH 2011 AT 01:00 GMT

PREDICTION DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 7 AT 8:00 PM EST / TUESDAY, 8 MARCH 2011 AT 01:00 GMT

EDIT: The opening post has also been updated. Hooray for remembering!

I'm open to any tag team, so if you want a beastly guy who somehow manages to put on MOTN's regularly, then I'm your man.

Me, me...oh wait...

I think it's only fitting that two of last season's "Big Three" in the Gamma Division pair up. What say you?

You meant that...

/runs away!

This keeps up, and you might have to institute a tag division, SF.

Crossed my mind, though I'd need to figure out some of the essentials for popularity changes, purses, etc.

Besides, right now the once-a-season thing makes the tag team event special and thus people are looking forward to it already and angling for teams. Afraid we'd lose that if we did a tag division/tag only season.

Just something for me to ponder over the next few days while I also plot out ideas for The League Mafia. :cool:

Until Flogg does an edition Google Translated into Norse, Thor ain't watchin' :D

lol, you've inspired an incredible idea that will make Flogg meeting Thor a sight to behold (assuming Thor doesn't kill Flogg, which would end my writing career early. :p)

Tori Montgomery: Why should I acknowledge some schmuck who thinks he knows more than I do just because he reads "dirt sheets" and is saving himself for Honey Golightly? Get past puberty, and then we'll talk.

(OOC: Though depending on how things go, Tori might have to bring this guy on in week fourteen just to show him how professionals run their video blogs. :))[/Quote]

Josh isn't worried. He's gonna win over Frankie, the only true talent on the announce team! And it's Sara Silvers, although (I've heard), he's not opposed to Honey either. lol

Crossed my mind, though I'd need to figure out some of the essentials for popularity changes, purses, etc.

Besides, right now the once-a-season thing makes the tag team event special and thus people are looking forward to it already and angling for teams. Afraid we'd lose that if we did a tag division/tag only season.

Just something for me to ponder over the next few days while I also plot out ideas for The League Mafia. :cool:

Ooh, Maxx is gonna SK with a chair, right?

Why thank you. I'm hoping, in time, once I get a better idea of how to display his obnoxious idiocy, it'll flow a bit smoother. Felt this edition was a bit disjointed. About time the League got a member of the IWC on it's side, though. :p

The two biggest things that can come from the Flogg Splash are Tori ripping this punk kid on the air, and Johnny being introduced as the greatest champion in the history of ever! EVER! whenever he comes to the ring. lol

And I greatly appreciate it, Jman. I'm already formulating an idea, if all goes well, I can have you look over it during the weekend.

Your character's personality reminds me of Martin Prince from the Simpsons.

I think it's only fitting that two of last season's "Big Three" in the Gamma Division pair up. What say you?

The other two Stevens brothers are signed and tagging with me????? :p

In League Mafia, watch Scorpion be the FI. :D

Archived