"Creative Has Something For You" 2013

I just signed Terry Funk (69 years old) to WWE. I offered him a contract just to see if he would sign it, and he did. He agrees to be used however I want, (as a wrestler, etc..) Any ideas what to do with him?? I have him set as a face and occasional wrestler, but he hasn't debuted yet.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My User Character is Sean McFly in TCW.

I don't want to put the title on him for a long time if at all. So how should I debut him in the promotion and what should I do? Also who should I pair him up with as his manager?

He is The Punishment. If a worker misbehaves, or break too many rules, or whatever, he has to face his Punishment in a no-holds-barred match which wll result in one heck of a beatdown.

Just signed Zimmy Bumfhole with TCW a little over midway through 2013 and I'm stuck on how to use him. He definitely will be a heel but right now I don't have much for him to do. I would give him the "Go after an established vet" angle, but I just ran that with RDJ and Sammy Bach and dont really have anybody for him to feud with in the main event.

My initial plan is for him to feud with, and eventually beat Aaron Andrews for the International title before he goes on to rubbing shoulders with main eventers. Though I think if I run the feud it would either make Andrews look a bit weak by the end, or it would make Randy look stronger than I intend if that makes sense.

I can't come up with a character for him right now besides a Big League gimmick.

I always liked turning the Bumfholes heel on their Teen Idol gimmick. So they go from being nice-guy heart throbs to douchey superstars who act like they're superior artists, starting bands when they can't play music and generally living in their own bubble. It tends to work for me.

I just signed Terry Funk (69 years old) to WWE. I offered him a contract just to see if he would sign it, and he did. He agrees to be used however I want, (as a wrestler, etc..) Any ideas what to do with him?? I have him set as a face and occasional wrestler, but he hasn't debuted yet.

since he's up there in age, maybe give him a Flair-like role from maybe the last decade of Flair's career where he still wrestled at the company's flagship event but not as often so he can recover between matches and events maybe even give him one last hurrah with a championship and make him a champ so he could call himself the oldest champ, etc. Be part of an 'evolution-like' stable where he gets to pass the torch along.

Something I always thought would work well for a heel... have him job five, six matches over the course of a couple months. Make it clear he's there for the lower-level faces to beat. After the third one, he starts complaining about it on Twitter/Facebook/whatev, about how he has talent but nobody's allowed to see it. He keeps getting madder and madder, to the point to yelling at general managers backstage about it, and they all tell him to quit complaining.

Come the next PPV, there's an IC/US/whatever title match, but the scheduled challenger can't make it (weather, travel issues, whatever). So Complaining Jobber, being the only one backstage who isn't scheduled for a match tonight, gets given the match in his place. He goes out there, upset, and just lies down. The champion yells at him for being unprofessional and calls him pathetic, and the Complaining Jobber just snaps and unloads on him, a cheap shot that puts him out. The jobber could win the title, but just continues with the beatdown until he gets DQed. Refs and agents run out to pull him off the champ, etc, etc, etc, and it takes everyone to hold him down.

The next night, the originally-scheduled match happens, only for Complaining Jobber to run out of the crowd and repeat the previous nights performance, shouting things like "Now you see what I can do" and "Not so funy now, am I?" He beats down both men, spits on them, and says "Now who's pathetic?"

Later, backstage, General manager is about to fire him when both the title holder and the challenger demand some measure of revenge, so the GM makes a three-way match instead for the next PPV, which Complaining Jobber wins and sets out to prove he's not pathetic by getting revenge on everyone he jobbed out to in the past.

Something I always thought would work well for a heel... have him job five, six matches over the course of a couple months. Make it clear he's there for the lower-level faces to beat. After the third one, he starts complaining about it on Twitter/Facebook/whatev, about how he has talent but nobody's allowed to see it. He keeps getting madder and madder, to the point to yelling at general managers backstage about it, and they all tell him to quit complaining.

Come the next PPV, there's an IC/US/whatever title match, but the scheduled challenger can't make it (weather, travel issues, whatever). So Complaining Jobber, being the only one backstage who isn't scheduled for a match tonight, gets given the match in his place. He goes out there, upset, and just lies down. The champion yells at him for being unprofessional and calls him pathetic, and the Complaining Jobber just snaps and unloads on him, a cheap shot that puts him out. The jobber could win the title, but just continues with the beatdown until he gets DQed. Refs and agents run out to pull him off the champ, etc, etc, etc, and it takes everyone to hold him down.

The next night, the originally-scheduled match happens, only for Complaining Jobber to run out of the crowd and repeat the previous nights performance, shouting things like "Now you see what I can do" and "Not so funy now, am I?" He beats down both men, spits on them, and says "Now who's pathetic?"

Later, backstage, General manager is about to fire him when both the title holder and the challenger demand some measure of revenge, so the GM makes a three-way match instead for the next PPV, which Complaining Jobber wins and sets out to prove he's not pathetic by getting revenge on everyone he jobbed out to in the past.

Cheers, that's a great idea it fits in well because over the next 2 months I plan on having Wade Barrett drop the IC title so he can go on to main event. If I have him drop it to a face I can then run with this for Trent.

Since I recalled Trent Barreta from development he has gone on the next big thing creative list. Anyone have any ideas on how to use him? it also says his last turn was too recent so he'll have to stay as a heel for now.

If you've got a cruiserweight division, I'd say push him in that. Or put him in a tag team with a veteran and slowly build him up to mean something more than mid-card fodder.

• 3 weeks later...
I've just signed Eddie Howard to SWF, don't know exactly what I'm going to do with him, anyone have any good ideas?

I've considered lumping Eddie with this gimmick based on the Little Britain TV show which has a character of the same name. Luckily for Cornellverse Eddie I've not actually tried it yet, but you could. :)

I just signed KC Glenn in my created promotion. I want him to wrestle under his real name, ideally feuding with a 48-year-old (so in decline) created star I made named "Downtown" Leroy Brown (he runs a hustler gimmick). The goal is for Glenn to eventually feud with a 4-man punk rock stable I've created, the leader of which is the future face of my company. Gimmick thoughts for Glenn?

• 4 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheZies" data-cite="TheZies" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34910" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WCW 1994 mod, signed Kane... but don't really want to use that gimmick. Thoughts from creative???</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my (our) previous TEW 2010 multi player I was set to debut Kane as simply Glenn Jacobs...generic "Super Face" in the mold of 1980's Hulk Hogan. With manager Sunny at his side, the "Glen-Satition" was going to get the moon push in a role he was horribly unsuited for, meant to be a parody of the gag inducing super babyface characters through out wrestling history(Hogan...Backlund...Cena...Bret Hart etc)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> However, WCW in 1994? I'd personally throw Jacobs in a Brute-Body Guard- Enforcer type role, maybe in a reformed Four Hosemen with Flair, Arn Anderson & Barry Windham. Gives Jacobs a chance to learn...his entertainment skills should skyrocket in four person stable promos (rate Jacobs on Menace) and working tag/6-man/8-man tag matches will help improve his ring skills as well as his overness...and of course the eventual babyface turn ala Lex Luger is there when you want it!</p>

You want him face or heel? Monster or more generic? I think he does the monster gimmicks quite well so in that mold. You can team him with Vicious(if he is on your roster) as a new Skyscrapers. Put him in like a gun for hire type ala Kronik or APA. Or do something Kane like but without the name, so evil possibly demonic force of destruction

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheZies" data-cite="TheZies" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34910" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WCW 1994 mod, signed Kane... but don't really want to use that gimmick. Thoughts from creative???</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As I said on the first page when someone hired Kane for TNA.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="me!" data-cite="me!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34910" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Glenn Jacobs becomes Able, the Big Green Machine!</p><p> He's the anti-Kane. Masks, merchandise, self-help books!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I see Frantic and I went very different routes for how to use Kane.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34910" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is Benoit doing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He's currently with the 4 horsemen. I'm thinking flair, arn, benoit and mongo vs the nwo for the main event of a pay per view.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Beeker" data-cite="Beeker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34910" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As I said on the first page when someone hired Kane for TNA.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I see Frantic and I went very different routes for how to use Kane.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I saw this, found it hilarious. Did it work?</p>

<p>I'm playing the current WWE mod and I'm looking to build towards the dream WM 30 match between CM punk and Stone Cold. I just signed Austin to a contract that means he can perform in the ring, but I'm looking the first introduce him as an opposing authority to Vince McMahon. I feel like the angle has potential, but I need ideas on how it all fits together, any ideas??</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: I'm currently in June 2013 which means I have plenty of time to slow burn the feud, and CM punk is currently taking time off anyway, meaning they don't have to clash straight away.</p>

Archived