how excited are you for WS3?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just about to buy WS2 this morning, but saw the announcement :D

I bought it solely because of the announcement.

I'll be honest, WreSpi2 is not exactly my favorite GDS game but I'm very excited at the prospect of a newer version that moves a little faster and is better in general. I think Adam's games just get so much better each time.

I am going to first in line to buy!

Probably won't be me. I pinch pennies tightly the last quarter of the year so I can be ready to do my Christmas shopping. But you can be sure this is the first game I buy in 2014. Like maybe mid to late January once the birthday has passed. Loved WS1 and while I may not have yet played 2 I'm thinking I may rectify that why I wait for 3.

Can't wait to see the voodoo that Adam will do on this one; should be a lot of fun.

WreSpi has long been my personal favorite of Adam's creations. I've championed the game to anyone willing to listen - and even to those that refuse to. I may have to wait behind a couple of these eager beavers, but I will be one of the first to hand over my money to Adam and GDS; and I will do so gladly.

Huzzah!

Can't wait to see the voodoo that Adam will do on this one; should be a lot of fun.

WreSpi has long been my personal favorite of Adam's creations. I've championed the game to anyone willing to listen - and even to those that refuse to. I may have to wait behind a couple of these eager beavers, but I will be one of the first to hand over my money to Adam and GDS; and I will do so gladly.

Huzzah!

...and I will be first to download D.O.T.T.

I might be mistaken but didn't have WreSpi 1+2 have these weird card games which you used to interact with NPC workers? This, and in essence ONLY this, stopped me from trying them out because that's not exactly my ideal NPC interaction minigame (if you wanna call it a minigame). If that gets changed to a less, hm, call it abstract and gamey, method of interaction, I'm game...

I might be mistaken but didn't have WreSpi 1+2 have these weird card games which you used to interact with NPC workers? This, and in essence ONLY this, stopped me from trying them out because that's not exactly my ideal NPC interaction minigame (if you wanna call it a minigame). If that gets changed to a less, hm, call it abstract and gamey, method of interaction, I'm game...

That was only 2; 1 had more "organic" relationships.

How excited am I? Mildly.

The NPC interaction of WreSpi2 did a really great job of pulling me out of the game. If you're going to use a card game to represent the bonding of humans Black Jack (or 21) was the wrong one. It isn't exactly a social card game like, for example, poker. Poker would have made more sense, but then I guess that would have required a more complex system than Black Jack - which is essentially random cards (it was that randomness that I disliked).

My idea for the relationships goes like this:

Have the characters develop traits throughout their career based on things such as how their career is going, or who they are friends with. For example, you start your career and lose the first ten matches. You develop a jobber trait (level 1). The upside is you get respect from within the industry for paying your dues; the downside is that you have a stain on your career as far as the fans go. The more you go up the jobber levels the harder it becomes to shake the loser tag from the fans, and the more respect you get from fellow workers (until you hit a certain age and then even they will see you as a joke). This would generate friends and enemies.

Likewise, you might have a bit of talent and a promotor pushes you into big matches. You develop a "Teacher's Pet" trait and other workers are more likely to resent you, especailly if they've been paying their dues or you're taking an old favorite's spot. The flipside is the fans love you - however fleetingly.

Obviously there would be more traits than this. I like the idea that your character develops as a result of your actions. Maybe have events where you have a multiple-choice and each answer has it's equal share of bonuses and penalties so that there is no game-beating right answer. I don't know how easy/hard it would be to put this in the game. But a man can dream...

WOW. Already I'm 100% sold.

I mean, seriously. THIS. CHANGES. EVERYTHING.

The attributes WILL be available for Rookie To Legend characters to use, right? (Assuming that mode will still be around or an equivalent that is). My impression is yes, though I wouldn't mind an affirmation on that.

As always a new Adam game, is always interesting. After all it was WreSpi2 that drugged me too into the Cornel-verse. And what I wouldn't give to take a shot at a new career.

However since things are a bit tough, concerning money in Greece at the moment (my paycheck has been reduced to half since WreSpi2 was out), I may be a little late in buying it (Feel free to bypass me in the row to buy guys!)

For those of you who are not excited or attack the RPG aspects or whatever:

it's a fight game at it's core, and it does that fantastically.

As someone who played dice wrestling games, had wrestling action figures, PC, and Nintendo games, I can vouch that WS2 (esp. the DOTT mod) was one of the best games I have ever played. The DOTT mod was pretty much TEW plus acting out the actual fights. The default data is good, too.

What killed the WS buzz was the difficulty of mod making, clicking for each day, and the card game never went over well.

With WS3, there is room for more bells and whistles to make it a near-perfect game.

Hopefully this game with the shown calculations isn't as completely full of crap like WS2 was.

I love how they have the audacity to tell you the CPU is on level playing field with you while you fail 3 finishers at very high momentum for them to come back and hit a string of 4 HIGH impact moves from poor momentum onward to beat you while your character is better in every way.

It's glorious.

Or better yet when you know the game refuses to allow you to hit any moves to build your momentum so you go for some 85 percent low move with a average against poor momentum swing and he simply moves out of the way and hits you with a HIGH psuedo finisher and pins you.

Hopefully this game with the shown calculations isn't as completely full of crap like WS2 was.

I love how they have the audacity to tell you the CPU is on level playing field with you while you fail 3 finishers at very high momentum for them to come back and hit a string of 4 HIGH impact moves from poor momentum onward to beat you while your character is better in every way.

It's glorious.

Or better yet when you know the game refuses to allow you to hit any moves to build your momentum so you go for some 85 percent low move with a average against poor momentum swing and he simply moves out of the way and hits you with a HIGH psuedo finisher and pins you.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but when others can understand the calculations behind Wrespi 2 and have success in the game... Perhaps you should start thinking "maybe it's me?".

Archived