How Many Wrestlers Do You Carry ABOVE The "IDEAL"?

Does any one else have a problem of gathering as many of the wrestlers that they want and then realizing that you have just too many to properly push those you want to push?

I very seldom stop at what the "Ideal Roster" suggests. I usually go way over then just cannot fit them all in.

How many over the "Ideal" do you carry?

How do you work it out with a large roster?

Any suggestions?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tomato Can" data-cite="Tomato Can" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37744" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does any one else have a problem of gathering as many of the wrestlers that they want and then realizing that you have just too many to properly push those you want to push?<p> </p><p> I very seldom stop at what the "Ideal Roster" suggests. I usually go way over then just cannot fit them all in.</p><p> </p><p> How many over the "Ideal" do you carry?</p><p> </p><p> How do you work it out with a large roster?</p><p> </p><p> Any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How big of a promotion do you usually play? When I established my training fed style of play and started at the bottom I found it helped to curb my temptation to overhire. Why go crazy hiring when it's a challenge to utilize a ideal roster at Local and only being able to run he smallest size event?</p>

<p>If I am Global I usually have two brands and typically have a list of 100 guys on my roster. A lot don't see action and often get released. I only sign guys to one year deals unless I have to increase more.</p><p> </p><p>

Typically 1 YEAR for all talent</p>

Depends what level my promotion is. For local up to regional I try and stick as close to the ideal as I can because I'm only wasting money by going for too many more (usually about 5-8 more would be maximum limit). At cult I easily go way over the ideal because I just hire people I like and think about it after, but I've never played a long term game at this level. At National and above I will go as far over the ideal as I want once I'm profitable. But if I realise I have a large number of midcarders with nothing to do I'll avoid bringing anybody I like in unless I have a plan for them. B shows are handy at this level for using a large roster. If I can't find a spot for somebody on neither the 2 hour A show + pre-show nor the 1 hour B show then they're getting jobbed out near the end of their contract and released.

Currently I am cult level and my ideal roster is 26, I currently have 35 people on my active roster. And probably 10 more in developmental. I'm booking a show right now so I can't check who I've got in developmental.

I've released a few people once they complained about being in developmental but their skills weren't good enough to get a spot. I tend to put people with good star quality in developmental, or people I just like the look of.

I think your style of play/most frequent product utilization helps determine roster size.

I find with traditional promotions I have a very large roster since matches with clean finishes hurt momentum a lot so it's easiest to have a B crew and A crew in that instance of ~ equal size. As the B crew guys get over bring them into the A and take your not so hot A crew guys and instal them in the top of the B for a while. With a high mainstream product it's a little easier since you can utilize cheap/tainted wins and get guys over by keeping them strong and using non-clean finishes. It helps reduce momentum losses so you don't need a revolving door of jobbers.

I have a Tverse game going right now as The Club and ideal is 20; I have 27. I fired a bunch right off the bat since I don't have anything/couldn't think of anything for them. I hired about 10 guys as well. Often times I always look for 4 ideal stable "leaders." Then a 2ic/lieutenant and then some high menace meat heads (usually 2). Then I throw in a half a dozen "lonewolf" type guys who can ally short term with certain stables as it suits them and the direction I'm taking them. Something of note however is that I don't do a lot of tag team or multiples matches. Just the minimum to keep tag relevant and useful in a midcard capacity and to help build some prospect workers.

<p>In my diary game I'm 5-10 above the ideal. Private games I tend to stick fairly close to the ideal, only drifting over when contracts overlap. I've gotten in the habit of hiring guys for 3 months, playing with them for a bit, then replacing them with new toys. Stops me hoarding, but I still get a use lots of guys.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Just checked my diary game. 13 above the ideal. I think some firings are in order.</p>

<p>I'm at regional and recommended amount is 20. I normally carry 28-30.</p><p> </p><p>

It's slightly higher because:</p><p> </p><p>

A) I run a lot of tag team matches. </p><p>

B) I love developing tag experience. So I throw in a few 3/4 way tag matches in preshow.</p><p>

C) My strategy involves an ever-rotating cast of jobbers up against "my" guys. </p><p> </p><p>

Some of these low-level workers catch on for whatever reason but I'm quite strict normally about not renewing contracts. So they come in for 3/6 months and lose to 3/4/5 of the workers I'm trying to develop who in turn need wins because they're losing to my 5/6 stars. That way I get to hire all the shiny new toys I want but don't feel the need to try and cram in low-pop guys with no momentum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Boltinho" data-cite="Boltinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37744" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm at regional and recommended amount is 20. I normally carry 28-30.<p> </p><p> It's slightly higher because:</p><p> </p><p> A) I run a lot of tag team matches. </p><p> B) I love developing tag experience. So I throw in a few 3/4 way tag matches in preshow.</p><p> C) My strategy involves an ever-rotating cast of jobbers up against "my" guys. </p><p> </p><p> Some of these low-level workers catch on for whatever reason but I'm quite strict normally about not renewing contracts. So they come in for 3/6 months and lose to 3/4/5 of the workers I'm trying to develop who in turn need wins because they're losing to my 5/6 stars. That way I get to hire all the shiny new toys I want but don't feel the need to try and cram in low-pop guys with no momentum.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This sounds like a very interesting game you have going.</p><p> </p><p> Did you start your promotion from scratch or take on an existing company?</p><p> </p><p> How often do you run shows?</p><p> </p><p> How far in on you?</p><p> </p><p> Sounds like you did a version of what I did with my training fed games. Like you developed a play style based on your favorite parts of the game and are just rolling with it. Would love to hear more about this. Sounds like it could be a fun way to play</p>

This sounds like a very interesting game you have going.

Did you start your promotion from scratch or take on an existing company?

How often do you run shows?

How far in on you?

Sounds like you did a version of what I did with my training fed games. Like you developed a play style based on your favorite parts of the game and are just rolling with it. Would love to hear more about this. Sounds like it could be a fun way to play

This is a game I started with a 0/0/0 fed called TRW in the 97 cverse. I've got through to the very start of Jan 2003 now running 2 shows a month for the last 4 years or so.

We've got $3.5m in the bank and are just starting our run towards cult. We're pretty profitable and the strategy means my wage bill is low so I think we'll be OK when we get there in 18-24 months. We basically outscore HGC already so we definitely have the potential to do well. The real talent in this game is in Japan.

Oh - also forgot to mention I'm playing this game with international restrictions off. Most of the talent I hire is US anyway but I like to hire who I want

"Hey unemployed wannabe wrestler. Wanna come to the US and work with some famous guys?"

"Nah. It's OK. I'll just wait around in Sydney and hope a company opens up who might hire me for $100 a show"

Happy to send you the gamefile if you want it?

This is a game I started with a 0/0/0 fed called TRW in the 97 cverse. I've got through to the very start of Jan 2003 now running 2 shows a month for the last 4 years or so.

We've got $3.5m in the bank and are just starting our run towards cult. We're pretty profitable and the strategy means my wage bill is low so I think we'll be OK when we get there in 18-24 months. We basically outscore HGC already so we definitely have the potential to do well. The real talent in this game is in Japan.

Oh - also forgot to mention I'm playing this game with international restrictions off. Most of the talent I hire is US anyway but I like to hire who I want

"Hey unemployed wannabe wrestler. Wanna come to the US and work with some famous guys?"

"Nah. It's OK. I'll just wait around in Sydney and hope a company opens up who might hire me for $100 a show"

Happy to send you the gamefile if you want it?

I appreciate the thought but work season starts up in a couple weeks and my first project this year is a notorious mind grinder. Probably wouldn't be able to do play much before I'd have to set the game aside. Playing TEW is fun but you gotta juggle a lot of variables and I'm not going to have the mental energy for that once April gets here.

Any other rules I should know about should I decide to try booking Boltinho style down the road?

<p>I like a very small small roster. I generally stay at or just above ideal until I hit international, then I might branch out a bit.</p><p> </p><p>

It's just easier for me to book and focus on my main event scene. It does leave you more susceptible to injuries and random events dogging your PPV but that's life. It happens. It's easier to make money if you keep things small and focused.</p>

<p>I try to stay close to it, but often end up a bit higher. I used to sign anyone who I like or who I could steal from a rival, but now I try and have an idea of the style of worker my user character wants before I start the game and avoid guys who don't fit. In USPW I've had to restrain myself from going for guys like Jack Giedroyc and Angry Gilmore but I feel like the roster is better for it.</p><p> </p><p>

It also means that each game is different since Eric Tyler is hiring different workers than Peter Valentine or whoever I choose.</p>

Even if I'm staying low, I typically run 1-2 higher so that I can fire people if an incident comes up worth firing them over without having to sign someone new right away. However, I'm not afraid to run way over and go on a signing spree if I need to fill a spot or a good free agent comes along.

Archived