[RELEASE] Risky Business (Jan 1985)

For those who have updated 1.1, a small but easy fix:

In the narratives, TDH: David 10 Yr Anniversary, the year should be 1994, not 1984. My apologies for that miscue. I'm going to wait to post an updated version to see if more issues are presented that warrant an update. So that's why I'm posting this note.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Lauper and T should be more popular. Probably more popular than any wrestler

Ah, gotcha. Right now, I have them 80 across the USA, which is more popular than even Hogan, Andre and Piper, who have 75 in Tri State. I may consider bumping them up to 85 the next time I do an update.

Starting my first ever pre-90's game. Will let you know if I find anything. Congrats on getting this released. I know how hard it is, and how many hours can be lost slaving away on these. thanks for taking the time to make the community another great mod! :)

Oddly enough, I think we took about the same amount of time to work on our respective mods. I think what took so much time was going through each and every worker and redoing bios, and tweaking stats and pop. Now I can finally start a 2004 game at some point. :D

As someone who still fondly remembers old long-term D.O.T.T. games, I'm really happy to see this released. Congrats, mate!

A quick note:

I'm not necessarily an expert on mid-80s wrestling or 1985 JCP, but from looking at Starrcade 1984 and some results after that, it would seem to me that both The Assassin and Dick Slater should be face, since they appear to have been feuding with The Zambuie Express and JJ Dillon's men (Bart and Bass) respectively.

Also, less importantly, I noticed minor spelling mistakes in the following two bios (their JCP ones, though I believe they're identical to the generic bios):

- Dory Funk Jr: "Funk family" is misspelled

- Magnum TA: In the last sentence, there's an "a" missing in Magnum

Thanks for all these findings, guys. They were all pretty much oversights. I know how I goofed on Scott Casey and the British Steve Casey. I was importing the relationships, and I forgot that Steven Dane (the USA Steve Casey) was in the mod I was importing it from (I believe the 1983 one) was named Steve Casey, so that's what happened. In any event, I have fixed these, and some other issues I found last night, for an upcoming update.

first show WCCW incident alert.

It's Kerry.

oh no.

... .... He just kept the mood light.

... whew

This is how it's going to be every time isn't it?? :D

Well the roster does consist of the surviving Von Erichs, the Freebirds, Chris Adams, Jake Roberts and Gino Hernandez. Then there's the ill tempered Jim Cornette and no telling who'll piss him off! :D

Two more little notes - one brief, one medium:

- Nick Patrick and Jody Hamilton should have a blood relationship

- I don't know what you used as base for the title histories, but there's something off with the NWA World Junior Title. Denny Brown won it from Mike Davis at Starrcade 1984, neither of whom are listed as title holders in the list. My best guess is that you followed the title lineage of the WWF World Junior Heavyweight Title instead of the NWA one. According to cagematch, the NWA title was vacated in 1982, then won by Les Thornton in 1983, again vacated, then won by Hector Guerrero and (as mentioned) Mike Davis and Denny Brown. See: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=5&nr=134

I'm sorry I'm giving these in such small portions, but I'm afraid if I don't I'll forget completely...

Two more little notes - one brief, one medium:

- Nick Patrick and Jody Hamilton should have a blood relationship

- I don't know what you used as base for the title histories, but there's something off with the NWA World Junior Title. Denny Brown won it from Mike Davis at Starrcade 1984, neither of whom are listed as title holders in the list. My best guess is that you followed the title lineage of the WWF World Junior Heavyweight Title instead of the NWA one. According to cagematch, the NWA title was vacated in 1982, then won by Les Thornton in 1983, again vacated, then won by Hector Guerrero and (as mentioned) Mike Davis and Denny Brown. See: http://www.cagematch.net/?id=5&nr=134

I'm sorry I'm giving these in such small portions, but I'm afraid if I don't I'll forget completely...

I looked over the title lineage in the mod and on the link you sent, and other than the current champion and last couple of champions before, they line up. Fixing now.

I'm not disputing this, just curious. Why do Brody and Gorilla have a strong dislike?

According to Gorilla's page on Online World of Wrestling, and I think it's been cited by various other sources as well, Gorilla and Brody allegedly had a backstage fight that led to Brody being blackballed by the then WWWF. Seeing as that Brody never went back to New York, not to mention Gorilla's loyalty to Vince, I thought it would be safe to add that relationship in.

Archived