What's Going on in YOUR Game?

I had the same issue with the huge popularity gains. I took GAMMA to high level national after 5 shows and 1 Featherweight reality TV show. The problem with this was that it was very difficult to find main events and main card fights for my shows as most of the roster did not have the required popularity for a high level company.

I decided to can that game and started another with Alpha-1. This time I want the growth to be organic so I have restricted my growth to mid level national for now. Before I started the game I generated a whole divison of flyweights across the world plus some extra bantamweights, featherweights and super heavyweights so that each weight class had roughly the same number of fighters.

I have yet to play past 1 day as I have spent so much time carefully scouring the game world and signing a mixtue of veterans and young prospects to fill out my Lightweight to Super Heavyweight Divisions. After 3 or 4 shows I am planning on running a reality TV show to help me create a new Featherweight division and in the future I may add a flyweight and bantamweight division and maybe even a women's divison (s)! Having lots of fun with this, it's a great improvement to an already awesome series of games!

The relative ease of building promotional popularity was the same on WMMA3. Building fighter popularity is tougher, slower, and more volatile. So limiting growth is actually a great idea. And a super useful feature.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Rd 2 - 02:55) Sukarno scores with a jab but can't get a kick to the body. Yamamoto misses with a left jab but lands a right hook.

(Rd 2 - 02:31) They engage in the center.

(Rd 2 - 02:31) Yamamoto can't hit a right cross. Sukarno hits a left jab and also nails a scything low kick to the lead leg!

(Rd 2 - 02:15) Yamamoto collapses to the ground! He simply can't stand up any longer, this fight is over!

(Rd 2 - 02:15) The winner, by leg kick TKO, is 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno!

(Rd 2 - 02:15) 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno wins and unifies the ALPHA-1 Lightweight title.

(Rd 2 - 02:15) Official Result: 'Fury Awoken' Sukarno defeats 'Pain Express' Go Yamamoto (TKO (Leg Kick) in 2:45 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good.

In the pre-game history, Kimo and Severn fought in Pride, in match rated "abysmal".

At the start of the game, the UFC signed both, and put them against each other. It went the distance, with Severn winning again, in an "awful" match.

Now the UFC are having them fight a third time. They must really hate their viewers.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2db9md2.jpg

I created a promotion and signed 10 unemployed fighters to each of my weight classes. I am running 8-man tournaments to decide the champions. They are as follows:

Lightweight - Carl Chenoweth

Women Bantamweight - Andrea Jones

Women Flyweight - Jessica Herbig

The bantamweight tournament still isn't done but the winner of Roddy Wickham vs. D'Arcy Spode will fight Ollie Rockmetteller for the title.

William Harrison beat Gideon Navarro, Logan Sky, Bill Brown, and Ethan Sutton to win my first reality show to introduce the Light-Heavyweight division. He will probably fight for a title next.

But the thing that I'm most excited for is the featherweight tournament final/title fight. Alejandro Laguera will be fighting Noah Smithee. Although it isn't super stiff competition Laguera shocked me by winning his first two tournament matches with Knockout of the Night honours by: knocking out Blas Saurez in 0:16 seconds of round 1 and then Foggy Lee in 0:48 seconds of round 1.

He looks like a beast so Im excited to see how the title fight goes.

EDIT: Alejandro Laguera has landed only four punches in those two fights (2 punches each fight) a stiff jab followed by the right cross.

But the thing that I'm most excited for is the featherweight tournament final/title fight. Alejandro Laguera will be fighting Noah Smithee. Although it isn't super stiff competition Laguera shocked me by winning his first two tournament matches with Knockout of the Night honours by: knocking out Blas Saurez in 0:16 seconds of round 1 and then Foggy Lee in 0:48 seconds of round 1.

He looks like a beast so Im excited to see how the title fight goes.

EDIT: Alejandro Laguera has landed only four punches in those two fights (2 punches each fight) a stiff jab followed by the right cross.

That's excellent. Alejandro Laguera was always one of my favorites in WMMA3. I'll be doing pretty much the same thing you did (starting a new promotion and running tournaments to decide the champs), so I hope he's that successful in my game.

That's excellent. Alejandro Laguera was always one of my favorites in WMMA3. I'll be doing pretty much the same thing you did (starting a new promotion and running tournaments to decide the champs), so I hope he's that successful in my game.

Man, you would've loved this then. So he just fought Noah for the title and tournament final. He rushed out and landed his jab-hook combo and knocked Noah down, then he pounced on him and unleashed! (I was thinking holy shit, he did it again) but then amazingly Noah recovered and was able to survive the round. Then Noah came out and started utilizing his wrestling very well and stole the next two rounds. In the fourth and fifth Laguera showed that he has champion heart and caught up by taking the next two rounds. It was rated a great fight, unanimous decision for Laguera. So no Knockout of the Night but I gave it Fight of the Night.

Playing as BCF, and ALPHA-1 sign Curt Kitson early on. Kitson's first fight in Japan? Light Heavyweight Title match against Jin Katou. Round one, Kitson nearly submits Kitou with a cross armlock. Round two, Kitou knocks him out for his cheek. ¬_¬ The match is rated Great, Fight of the Night and KO of the Night.

The co-main was Sarkisian beating Fezzik by submission with 4 seconds left in round 1.

Ready to come home yet, Curt?

<p>I started a game with a new Texas-based company. It had two women's divisions - Featherweight and Bantamweight - with 10% regional pop and $100,000 in the bank.</p><p> </p><p>

This proved to be a mistake on all three fronts.</p><p> </p><p>

Firstly, I burned through my money very quickly. My shows barely break even, but the marketing costs just completely break the bank. I've had to edit in another million to stay afloat.</p><p> </p><p>

Secondly, the pop was just too low. At a boost of 1% per show, the game will be all regens by the time I get anywhere.</p><p> </p><p>

Thirdly, there are few female Featherweights, and most of my roster is shared with WEFF.</p><p> </p><p>

Sigh.</p><p> </p><p>

I've boosted my popularity from 19 to 25 percent, so hopefully that will improve things a little.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="klnOmega" data-cite="klnOmega" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38722" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://i59.tinypic.com/4ggih4.jpg</span><p> </p><p> 1 finish. Don't think the fans are going to be happy with this card...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The fans are very generous, in my experience. I've had a number of fights consisting of nothing but three rounds of jabs, finishing with a decision, which are regarded as "great".</p>

Finding the popularity system very non-intuitive playing as GAMMA. Company popularity goes up really quickly, to the point that at High level national I have no main events or even main card fighters to speak of. Only those with high opening popularity and heat can satisfy demands, i.e Foster, Morrison and Napier, not much else. Even people that are well known are of preliminary card value if they have negative momentum. I managed to hire Fezzik, but putting him against anyone but Foster would "barely scrape on the main card or maybe headline the prelims". OK then. Hoping to see some kind of changes soon.

The penalties for putting low value fights on isn't that great, but it's very difficult to know what fights to make when the feedback is always the same.

On another note: Julio Regueiro has lost back to back fights to Dana Delaney and Martin Cupples due to not going for takedowns. :S

Finding the popularity system very non-intuitive playing as GAMMA. Company popularity goes up really quickly, to the point that at High level national I have no main events or even main card fighters to speak of. Only those with high opening popularity and heat can satisfy demands, i.e Foster, Morrison and Napier, not much else. Even people that are well known are of preliminary card value if they have negative momentum. I managed to hire Fezzik, but putting him against anyone but Foster would "barely scrape on the main card or maybe headline the prelims". OK then. Hoping to see some kind of changes soon.

The penalties for putting low value fights on isn't that great, but it's very difficult to know what fights to make when the feedback is always the same.

On another note: Julio Regueiro has lost back to back fights to Dana Delaney and Martin Cupples due to not going for takedowns. :S

tbh, that kind of popularity system is sort of realistic.

If you look at the UFC's history, popularity grew very quickly during the Liddell/Tito era, and the UFC was routinely doing 700k+ ppv. Then it started to decline for a year or so because the UFC didn't have the star power to sustain that level. Then Brock came over, and GSP caught on, and you saw the PPV numbers grow again. Then Brock left, GSP left, etc... and now the PPV are down to pre-Liddell numbers.

I know it sucks to see your popularity dip, but it does in real life also. You aren't going to go bankrupt. You will just dip, then spring back, then dip, spring back, etc...

I'm not worried about my company popularity dipping, that will never be the problem. It's just that I can't get feedback about the fights, or it is always the same. It feels like every fight I put on sucks according to the 'fans'. It's perhaps too difficult to build name value for fighters, or maybe a high level national company shouldn't require more than low level national draw value for fights on the main card. It is very difficult to build stars in real life too, of course, but the brand of the company should be able to carry fight cards to an extent. I mean, there are very few fighters (if any) of equal name value or greater than the UFC brand. If the UFC books Alexander Gustafsson vs Anthony Johnson, the fanbase is going to be reasonably excited even though neither of the fighters is as popular as the UFC. Similarly, Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz's negative momentum doesn't make fans expect it to be on a preliminary card.

I'm taking it too seriously and comparing it to real life too much, but I don't think popularity gain is tuned right and the fan feedback feature isn't as useful as I would hope because of the strictness of the requirements.

Edit: Just read the 1.10 patch notes and I'm a happy camper. What an amazing patch.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Paatero" data-cite="Paatero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38722" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Edit: Just read the 1.10 patch notes and I'm a happy camper. What an amazing patch.</span></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just read them to. It addresses like 75% of my complaints with the game.</p>

Archived